9:23 pm

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist Post Reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   ...   22      Next

What Made You Frown V

AuthorMessage
ICUB42*us

new Posted: 02:44PM Feb 1, 2011

Lately, my sister-in-law has a nasty attitude with me. I probably made her mad.

Oh wait...what's wrong with that? I guess I should be in the "What Made You Smile Today?" thread.

ICUB42: I as in me. C is to notice. U, not you, someone else. B for be. 4 is for fore. And 2 should be too. Yeah, that's what it means.
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
LogicalRogerAus

new Posted: 03:25PM Feb 4, 2011

Money, the lack of and general economics system.

&

Another mistake I've made with scheduling.

&

For the second point, the lack of a sympathetic person at this house. I know I've screwed up again, and I know we're broke, but it doesn't take too much not to complain and growl. It doesn't take too much to be nice to others and considerate of others. So why is it so hard here? Certainly evidence that punishment and aggression does not work on me. I screw up, I get yelled at, and then I just screw up again later. It's not like you can actively avoid making mistakes out of fear when you don't know you're making them, nor would it be healthy anyways, obviously. And it doesn't help when he acts as if I'm going too fast with school. Christ. How in the world did he even finish college? (It's painfully clear that the most important aspect to be successful in college isn't intelligence.) Every time he says that it's clear that he cares more about his pocketbook than my, ahem, "future".

Growl when they screw up, don't take notice when they do anything useful [though the count must be low for myself], buy food and trinkets as a substitute for truly showing that you care and play the same old tinny song of affection for thousands of others. That's how to raise a good family. My selfishness and life's problems aside, things could be better.

Rant, rant, rant. I know. Not like it matters. At least I'm not dead (as of now) nor actively conflicting with my own values. Not that these two things alone give a happy nor good life, mind you.
snowmonsterAusmod

new Posted: 04:57PM Feb 4, 2011

Oh LR, your post makes me frown. You're in an ackward time in your life. Learning about stuff, while still under your parents roof. It's different when you mess up when you're on your own, you may have a spouse that will yell . . . . but more than likely they won't if the mess up was a sincere mistake. . . . . It time, this will pass. Your dad is frustrated, and doesn't know how to control his temper. . . . I'm sure he does love you though.

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
vlermaAus

Grayma V

new Posted: 03:19AM Feb 5, 2011

Tired of this sinus headache. I so very seldom get headaches any more that when I get one, I'm not kidding, I really get one. Since I am allergic to so many pain killers, the pain killer I can take is rather dangerous, so I try to just suffer through. At times I feel like a piece of dynamite going off in my mouth wouldn't hurt my head any more. I can't snuff it, I can't blow it, and my oxygen doesn't do me a whole lot of good when I have to breathe through my mouth most of the time. Oh well, this too will pass eventually.

The sound of the wild, but if there is no one there, does anyone hear their howls?
ka-ching

new Posted: 07:27PM Feb 5, 2011

Swollen knuckles and various bruises that I keep bumping against stuff. Haha. It especially bugs me when I forget about the knuckles and knock on a door. >.- Ow.
beetle22Aau

new Posted: 08:53PM Feb 6, 2011

Ergh, just life getting me down.
Cor Blimey - can you believe that one of my boxes of tablets (remember, I take quite a few different kinds!) that should last me about 3 weeks costs over $800 a box?! Yawch!

check out my embroidery blog at www.sewnbysaliba.com
noey5799tus

new Posted: 08:41PM Feb 9, 2011

Money...for school, and camp, and tennis. grrr
wiser_now

new Posted: 10:04AM Feb 11, 2011

being told what I "should" do
ICUB42*us

new Posted: 10:31AM Feb 11, 2011

...being yelled at, at 5 this morning, by Jethro.

---This message was edited on 10:31AM Feb 11, 2011---

ICUB42: I as in me. C is to notice. U, not you, someone else. B for be. 4 is for fore. And 2 should be too. Yeah, that's what it means.
4wheelsAus

new Posted: 07:05PM Feb 11, 2011

I was a little sore

I'm on Braingle far too long, I stay on the computer from dusk to dawn. Playing games and chatting with friends, the novelity of it never ends.
tonjawithaj*us

new Posted: 11:49AM Mar 1, 2011

Two days after coming home from Death Valley, I STILL hurt from sleeping on the ground for only two nights!

Chuck Norris destroyed the Periodic Table because the only element he recognizes is surprise.
wiser_now

new Posted: 12:15PM Mar 1, 2011

Had a runny nose last night right before bed. Took some allergy medicine, which stopped the running, but now today my sinus is backed up.
vlermaAus

Grayma V

new Posted: 02:37AM Mar 4, 2011

Walked to grocery store at 9:30 because we had no sandwich meat and I figured my grandsons were hungry. Got back home, into the house with my groceries, my oxygen and my walker (block to the grocery store). Put the groceries away and thought well I'd better go tell the boys that I had stuff to make sandwiches out of. Where did you go? was my answer. We went to Runza and got runzas.

That's nice, where is mine? We didn't know where you were, so we didn't get you any! Growl! When I have one it's okay, but you get these two together, and what one can't think of the other does!

The sound of the wild, but if there is no one there, does anyone hear their howls?
wiser_now

new Posted: 10:14AM Mar 4, 2011

I'm upset with my parents. They babysit every Thursday night at our house for about 4 hours - the time between when I leave for rehearsal and my husband gets home from work. We get home and the house is a mess - last night there was a wet spot on the carpet that we couldn't figure out what it was from, food wrappers all over the table, toys everywhere. I know some of it is our kids - but with a little direction, they are able to help clean up.
4wheelsAus

new Posted: 06:27PM Mar 4, 2011

We have no good food in the house to eat

I'm on Braingle far too long, I stay on the computer from dusk to dawn. Playing games and chatting with friends, the novelity of it never ends.
RainyDay*us

new Posted: 09:30PM Mar 6, 2011

Family. My uncle called and left some very ugly messages for my grandma. We might have to get a restraining order against him.
rolugomimx

new Posted: 09:33PM Mar 6, 2011

An e-mail from a certain person's overprotective mother, in which I was accused of being a stalker

You came back :)
Mathgeek007tca

Pi Guy

new Posted: 09:53PM Mar 6, 2011

Sammy?

Really? That's sad. You're no stalker. You are a nice guy who connects with people. SammyBean should make a new account and hide it from her parents. I'm really starting to hate her mother. She removed the prime number of peace, tranquility and fun from Braingle. That woman upset thousands of Brainglers.

What made me frown- Look at the most recently completed WTB game by GoldenGlade. Look at the comments... Yeah... I fail...

Parents are supposed to "protect" their kids, but there's a real distinction between protection and unrealistically keeping children away from reality. - Life_Sucks --- One of my teasers was featured as the Teaser of the Day! :D Sept. 18 2011 :D YAY!
HarryPutter*ca

new Posted: 02:16AM Mar 7, 2011

Don't let them get to you, geek.

What made me frown...what Rolu said =/

---This message was edited on 02:16AM Mar 7, 2011---

"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
wiser_now

new Posted: 12:38AM Mar 8, 2011

Still stuck

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   ...   22      Next  

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Users in Chat : dodger 

Online Now: 11 users and 514 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account