10:21 pm

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist Post Reply

Skip to Page:  1   ...   13   14   15   16   17   ...   20      Next

What Made You Frown V

AuthorMessage
snappytom*

new Posted: 04:06AM Sep 10, 2011

I think they do it so they can get out of paying any compensation....

Snappy Snappy Snap..Snap Snap Snap Snap!
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
snowmonsterAusmod

new Posted: 05:04PM Sep 17, 2011

Strange people!

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
bluegrasssAusmod

Perseverance

new Posted: 05:40PM Sep 17, 2011

snowmonster wrote:
Strange people!

Your talking about our Government?
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
JQPublic

new Posted: 05:55PM Sep 17, 2011

The fact that the temperature is almost as hot as midsummer. It's not the heat but global warming that's bothering me.

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
snowmonsterAusmod

new Posted: 05:58PM Sep 17, 2011

bluegrasss wrote:
snowmonster wrote:
Strange people!

Your talking about our Government?

Ha . . . not really, although there are a few strange ones there. . . .

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
xxsoftballxx13xtus

new Posted: 06:51PM Sep 17, 2011

I think I am getting a cold. It's still summer.

"Chances lost are Hope's torn out pages." ~ Five For Fighting
Mathgeek007tca

Pi Guy

new Posted: 08:01PM Sep 17, 2011

Harry's recent cruel question...

Parents are supposed to "protect" their kids, but there's a real distinction between protection and unrealistically keeping children away from reality. - Life_Sucks --- One of my teasers was featured as the Teaser of the Day! :D Sept. 18 2011 :D YAY!
beetle22Aau

new Posted: 08:06AM Sep 18, 2011

Yeah snowy - the only reason they're following me is that I was in a car accident 5 years ago that wasn't my fault but has caused a serious injury and horrible amounts of pain. They're just trying to catch me doing something that I've told the doctors I can't; like running, doing more than minimal physical activity etc.

If they catch me doing something like that then they can bring it out in court so I don't get anything. It's just annoying because I am in pain, my physicality has been severely limited from it and yet they still sit out there. I understand it's their job but I would have thought 5 years of me spending the majority of my life in bed, in constant pain, they would just give me a break!

check out my embroidery blog at www.sewnbysaliba.com
snowmonsterAusmod

new Posted: 12:14PM Sep 18, 2011

I know, it's not enough that your doctor can back you up on this. . . . and shame on you if one day you are capable of throwing a bag of garbage in the bin with one hand, and the next day you can't. . . . but they catch you doing something out of the ordinary, and BAM - you don't qualify. . . . . Our oldest son is handicapped, so we have a handicapped parking thingy .. . . . we only use it when he's in the car, but by golly, we have people watching and waiting all the time to see who's the handicapped one coming out of the car. . . . no one in particular, just other citizens. . . . Funny story, I'm walking towards a store entrance, after leaving my car, and a woman walking towards me, starts yelling at her husband, who's in a nearby car with the window down, to hang the tag - - - they were parked in a handicapped spot - she was the only one that went into the store - she was in better shape than I was.. . .. .. all the while, glancing at me, to see if I were going to say anything. IDK . . . . it's not on my conscience. So I'm not going to approach them. Plus, wasn't in the mood. LOL

What made me frown today . . . . . jerks.

snappytom*

new Posted: 01:25AM Sep 19, 2011

Well snowy, I was reported for parking in a disabled bay. Some jerk decided I was not handicapped enough to be in one of those bays.
So I received a letter asking me to call them and explain myself.
I told them about the day...yes I was there, yes I was parked there...what was the problem...the lady said that they had a report that a 'young looking, blonde, 25 years something had parked her bright coloured car in a disabled bay!'
Silence.
Then I asked if I could have that in writing, because, although it was my car [from the make, model and colour], and yes I was blonde, I certainly was NOT 25....but I take it as a compliment! I am twice that age!!!!
WE both laughed about it. I did explain to the lady the nature of my disability, as was written on the application by my doctor.
But HOW DARE people accuse you. Without knowing what your disability is!!!
These days when I am accosted I ask to see their Doctor's qualifications. What makes you an expert on my disability?
Urgh!

When I am able, I don't park in a disabled bay. I figure on my good days, someone else could be having a bad day.

ICUB42*us

new Posted: 08:28AM Sep 19, 2011

A specific snooty short fat woman that needs to learn to keep her mouth shut.

ICUB42: I as in me. C is to notice. U, not you, someone else. B for be. 4 is for fore. And 2 should be too. Yeah, that's what it means.
snowmonsterAusmod

new Posted: 09:11AM Sep 19, 2011

Horrible kink in neck - what a pain!

I know snappy - here, we have to have a tag that hangs from the rear view mirror to say we have a doctor's ok to use these spaces. There were times when I wish I could have, like when I was 7, 8, 9 months pregnant, or when a heel spur was acting up, but at those times we had no handicap tag, plus I wouldn't have used it for myself. . . . I don't think. lol We have a local pharmacy that has handicapped parking JUST for pregnant women!

ShadowsAcamod

new Posted: 05:12PM Sep 19, 2011

I always hate to post petty stuff in here, but I really don't like my English teacher. It's one thing to be politically correct and avoid offending people, and quite another to take it so far that you feel the need to "edit" everything a student says. And how come you must always twist around what we say so that it sounds more like your opinions than our own?

And then there's the peer editing thing. I don't have a problem with sharing my work with my peers and reading their work, but I don't want to fill out a form about my friend's poem. Why can't I just tell her what I like and what's confusing?

It's too structured for an English class. Yeah, that's what I don't like about it. Last year, we were allowed to have long group discussions, work on our own writing, and read novels and write responses about them instead of answering specific questions. So much for that.

"I don't regret a single thing that we did, any time together we ever spent. I wouldn't change a thing. Baby, you know, sometimes you gotta just go with the flow."
snappytom*

new Posted: 09:02PM Sep 19, 2011

Yeah snowy we have those hanging tags too!

Frown - Not getting ENOUGH sleep last night! Erg...only 6 hours!

snowmonsterAusmod

new Posted: 09:06PM Sep 19, 2011

Major kink in neck all day . . . what a pain!!!!!

shadowdemonAus

new Posted: 01:41AM Sep 20, 2011

I had a headache for a good 6 hours earlier today

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
GreenApples27*nz

new Posted: 05:18AM Sep 20, 2011

Test tomorrow, and 3 hour exams all of next week.
HarryPutter*ca

new Posted: 10:25AM Sep 23, 2011

A U.S. soldier serving in Iraq was booed by members of the audience at last night's Republican presidential debate for asking a question about gays in the military.

smh

And only a couple weeks after the anniversary of 9/11, too.

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
beetle22Aau

new Posted: 06:18AM Sep 25, 2011

I just feel really unmotivated and BLERGH!

check out my embroidery blog at www.sewnbysaliba.com
xxsoftballxx13xtus

new Posted: 12:26PM Sep 25, 2011

I have to go shopping.

"Chances lost are Hope's torn out pages." ~ Five For Fighting

Skip to Page:  1   ...   13   14   15   16   17   ...   20      Next  

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Users in Chat : Jmoney95 

Online Now: 13 users and 586 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account