Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist Post Reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   ...   12      Next

BRAINGLE FAMILY ROOM-47

AuthorMessage
bradon182001*usmod

Hi! I'm Bobbi ~ ıqqoq ɯ,ı ¡

new Posted: 08:07AM May 18, 2012

That's good news, Shawn, not good that you have the pain, but good news that there is some fancy named doctor out there who can treat you and make you feel better.Keep us posted. We care, you know.

Want to try a new game? JOIN "1 V 100" TALK BOX. .Game 37 is in progress.
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
vlermaAus

Grayma V

new Posted: 05:45AM May 26, 2012

Shawn, I'm glad the doctors are able to find a pill to give you some relief. And stay ahead of the pain. Don't take more than you need, but learn what it takes to keep you comfortable and then try to maintain there. Being diabetic I have neuropathy and take pain pills for it. I had gotten so used to that pain that I didn't realize that I had been having heart pain until the damage was done and I had to have some pretty sharp pains in my chest and shoulder before I realized that what I was feeling had nothing to do with my diabetes. Oh heck that's what my heart feels like when it is beating too fast. I had to learn to judge the difference between the two. Dancers and volleyball players. My daughter has had both knees operated on this year. We laugh at her riding the motorized shopping cart around the grocery store hanging new price tags on things, bit she only missed two days, one with each surgery. So from now on she will be the ref for the volleyball games and the coach for the softball games. Much easier on the knees. Stay strong Shawn - just wish I could have seen you dance.

The sound of the wild, but if there is no one there, does anyone hear their howls?
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
bluegrasssAusmod

Perseverance

new Posted: 08:25AM May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day (USA) everyone.
shawneeo*us

new Posted: 06:16PM May 30, 2012

Thanks blue, I hope your's was happy too!

Thanks Bobbie, vlerma, and everyone! I really do appreciate your kind comments and care so much.

V, thanks for your comment about wishing you could have seen me dance, that made my day!

We are having a temporary "break" from outrageously humid and hot weather here, so I'm grateful for that. Memorial Weekend was just unbearable, like being underwater, and it wasn't even June yet! I hate to think it but I think it's gonna be a really hot, brutal summer this year. sighhhhh.........

Take care everyone.

Life... can be so many things... how can anyone ever think they are RIGHT? HAhahahahahahaha!!!!!
4wheelsAus

new Posted: 02:07PM Jun 5, 2012

ow s everyone today? I just got done taking a walk around the park in my manuel wheelchair. Now I am sore and ready to sit on my bed.

I'm on Braingle far too long, I stay on the computer from dusk to dawn. Playing games and chatting with friends, the novelity of it never ends.
glowingredbobAgb

new Posted: 07:34PM Jun 15, 2012

I guess no one saw my post in the Missing Brainglers, so I'll repost it here:

Hey, it's Bob again. I never use the internet much, so sorry. Ducky's fine. She graduated High School, and is currently taking courses in Geology. She misses her friends here, but doesn't want to deal with the drama, so I thought I'd just check in for her.

Sarcastic is the one word that defines me.
snappytom*

new Posted: 08:41AM Jun 25, 2012

Snappy Snappy Snap..Snap Snap Snap Snap!
HarryPutter*ca

new Posted: 05:12AM Jun 26, 2012

Glad to hear about Ducky, Bob Send her our congratulations on her graduation :3

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
bradon182001*usmod

Hi! I'm Bobbi ~ ıqqoq ɯ,ı ¡

new Posted: 12:25PM Jun 27, 2012

Thanks glowingredbob for letting us know about Ducky. I know a lot of us were worried when she deleted her account. So glad to hear she is doing okay. Give her my best wishes, and tell her she is missed and will be welcomed back when she feels up to it.

Want to try a new game? JOIN "1 V 100" TALK BOX. .Game 37 is in progress.
shawneeo*us

new Posted: 06:43PM Jun 29, 2012

Hey hey hey!!! Hey my Braingle Family, I love you all! I feel terrible that I've been gone for over 9 days, I didn't realize it had been so long. I can't pretend it's just me being flakey, it's just that I haven't had time! I've been trying to learn some things and get some things done, and just haven't had the luxorious free time I had in the past.

My folks living outside of Tucson, AZ, just sent me these pics of a bobcat that decided to chill in their backyard! This isn't the first time a bobcat, and once a Mom and two kid bobcats, have chosen my parents backyard for some RandR! They have a wall higher than 6 feet surrounding their yard, but the bobcats jump right on over that!

Life... can be so many things... how can anyone ever think they are RIGHT? HAhahahahahahaha!!!!!
vlermaAus

Grayma V

new Posted: 10:08PM Jun 29, 2012

Oh and look at how peaceful and secure it appears to be. I didn't realize it wasn't just pictures of a new cat you may have gotten until I read what you wrote. How neat.

Here in Nebraska we have been having mountain lions, puma, cougar, all the names, all basically the same cat, roaming neighborhoods farther and farther east all the time. About a year ago just some 30 miles from me the police shot one in my ex son-in-law's front yard. Normally they might have tried to tranquilize it and remove it, but it was time for school and there were several younger children who would be walking to school, going through the neighborhood. They had pictures on face book and he was absolutely beautiful, but very dead, sadly.

Thanks for sharing, how beautiful nature really can be.

The sound of the wild, but if there is no one there, does anyone hear their howls?
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 01:53AM Jun 30, 2012

The cat seems quite content... too content. Suspect your parents are smart enough to not treat it like a friend. Cool pictures.

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. -Albert Einstein-
snappytom*

new Posted: 02:53AM Jun 30, 2012

Wow! I think that's the cat that ate my canary!

spud*nz

new Posted: 11:11PM Jul 2, 2012

Really snap, really?

Visit my wiki and PM me a message for my Guestbook and you will be on my friends list A.S.A.P!!! :)
snappytom*

new Posted: 02:57AM Jul 3, 2012

Seriously though.
We did have TWO canaries...well three...let's go right back....
We got a male and female canary....they mated and chick was hatched!!!!
Sooo cute! The canary hatched on Christmas day, henceforth we called her Mary Canary and Baby Jesus!

Unfortunately the male canary escaped [probably thought "There goes the peace and quiet!"]
And then there were two...mum and baby...

A cat was spotted in the neighbourhood. A great game played by our dog was "Get the Cat! Get the Cat!"
We'd whisper that phrase then open the gate...like ...release the hounds [in this case hound.]
The dog would chase, sniff, pounce...sometimes even SAW the cat! Then a great chase ensued...we always though the dog would lose if the cat ever caught it!!!

Which brings me back to the canaries.
The cat GOT to the cage and ATE Mary Canary and Baby Jesus! The snib of the door had been left slightly unhinged and the cat, climbing up the cage, opened the door.

We never thought the cat would have the courage to come into a fenced yard that had scent of a dog.
But there you have it.

The cat doesn't come anymore. Goes across the street though where there is a new aviary.

We still enjoy a game of "Get the Cat!"

---This message was edited on 03:07AM Jul 3, 2012---

InvasiveTuba*us

new Posted: 09:26AM Jul 10, 2012

It's so quiet in here!
snappytom*

new Posted: 09:56PM Jul 10, 2012

Yeah...some people are melting from the heat, others have frozen over from the cold!

InvasiveTuba*us

new Posted: 10:37PM Jul 11, 2012

I'll take the cold! It's been hot here and the wildfires have been crazy then we finally got some rain, but now it's back to hot.
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 11:46PM Jul 11, 2012

I concur InvasiveTuba... it's a lot easier to dress warm than to be cool and comfortable and still try to look professional doing a job. I admit, I got home tonight and my wife was running the AC (not something we do too often)... and the house was fairly comfortable after I took my shower and got my summer clothes on... but give me a nice cold front of ... ** cough, cough ** 50 anyday of the week here in Los Angeles and I will be quite comfortable!

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. -Albert Einstein-
snappytom*

new Posted: 02:55AM Jul 12, 2012

Wow! See I think it is a lot easier to dress cool....cold is too much! Isn't it funny!

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   ...   12      Next  

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Online Now: 13 users and 661 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account