Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist Post Reply

Skip to Page:  1   ...   10   11   12   13   14      Next

BRAINGLE FAMILY ROOM-47

AuthorMessage
froggyggAusmod

Magical Sorceress Frog

new Posted: 01:58PM Dec 25, 2013

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you as well Bobbi and all on site! Have a wonderful day spent with family, friends, and loved ones.

SMILE and people will wonder what you are up to!
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
snappytom*

new Posted: 07:58AM Mar 17, 2014

WOW! St Patricks Day today!

Snappy Snappy Snap..Snap Snap Snap Snap!
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 09:03AM Mar 17, 2014

Happy St Patty's Day!

Our day got off to some rock and roll with a 4.4 earthquake. Not my favorite way to wake up... but it looks like with 30 minutes passed, no real damage.

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. -Albert Einstein-
froggyggAusmod

Magical Sorceress Frog

new Posted: 09:45AM Mar 17, 2014

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

snappytom*

new Posted: 10:31PM Mar 17, 2014

Now...everyone back to sleep!

mocha613Aus

new Posted: 11:36PM Mar 17, 2014

Randy, glad to hear you are ok. I talked with my cousin this morning... he is a senior at UCLA. He had a final at 8am... You might have thought an earthquake might delay a final, but no.

"Wir müssen wissen, und wir werden wissen." -David Hilbert
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 11:42PM Mar 17, 2014

To me, it was no big thing. Yes, it did wake me up... sort of a rolling push like someone would do if they were trying to wake you. It wasn't jolting where we live. And from the first shake until I left the house (about an hour and 15 minutes), there were no after shocks that we felt. Now 15 hours since the first shake, nothing. We could be woken again tomorrow with something bigger, but for now, all is calm. Definately nothing like the 94' Northridge quake. Mocha, I am sure the colleges felt the same way, no biggie.

---This message was edited on 11:43PM Mar 17, 2014---

snappytom*

new Posted: 07:48AM Mar 22, 2014

Wow! MH370 plane is 2500kms off the coast of Perth where I live!
What a tragedy it is for the people.
MY theory is that they flew it to Africa....low flight, under the radar...I reckon there was something or someone important on that plane. What does everyone else think?

froggyggAusmod

Magical Sorceress Frog

new Posted: 12:42PM Mar 22, 2014

Have they positively identified the debris as the actual missing plane? I've read all the online reports on this that I could find, and it all is still speculation...

I agree that it was hijacked and hope it landed safely and all onboard are safe. Sadly, it is probably a very slim chance that this is the case.

snappytom*

new Posted: 01:55AM Mar 23, 2014

Today I heard the plane had a cargo of lithium batteries.

They haven't identified anything/any debris as yet.
The weather is very harsh out there in the Southern Indian Ocean.
They fly there from Perth for 4 hours...look about for two, then fly back for 4 hours.
I think when the navy boats get out there they may find something.

The Malasian and Chinese gov'ts are not telling us everything.
There was more to that plane than meets they eye.

Even the Flight captain.. the one who had the flight simulator at his house because 'he loved flying so much'...
it appears that he had deleted the flight simulations off it. The police are trying to restore them to see where he was practice flying.

snappytom*

new Posted: 06:48AM Mar 24, 2014

They found something today.

froggyggAusmod

Magical Sorceress Frog

new Posted: 10:07AM Mar 24, 2014

Keep us posted on this snappy...

snappytom*

new Posted: 07:43PM Mar 24, 2014

They say they have found the plane debris in the Southern Indian Ocean.
Those poor poor people.
It must have been hell - who knows what was going on in that plane in the hours before it crashed.
At least, if it is true that it is plane debris from MH370, they are at peace.

RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 11:41PM Apr 4, 2014

It has been a busy week in my home. Business has slowed to almost a snail crawl, though there are several jobs coming up shortly (I actually thought two were going to hit me at the same time last week, but other contractors before me thought otherwise)... so I have been busy in the yard area building my wife a new "short" garden... about 18" wide and on the back of the garage (so it is about 18 foot long) in red brick. Put the final touches on it today, allowing me (yeah, right) the chance to spend 4 1/2 hours to manicure the garden and the yard with mowing, grooming and weeding. Looks great now... but it did make me tired. So tonight, as I was going through the channels on our Dish network, I stopped on one playing Jimmy Dorsey - "Out of Nowhere".

Young folks may not remember his band, I only know about it because my folks used to play his old LP's. It was only one song, but I listened to it with my eyes closed, a grin on my face, and relaxation in my heart.

We all have times in our lives that are memorable... try to put your five most important ones there.

One of mine is watching James Stewart play in "The Glenn Miller Story" with my parents. I was probably about 35, they had moved away from us kids to their retirement home at Big River, CA and we went out for a few days. We sat in their TV room and this movie came on. My folks wanted to see it, and though at the start it did not interest me, I figured I would just watch it with them. I had never seen this movie before this, but it is now one of my favorite... due to memories. We loved the movie, the music and the time together. They have both been gone since 98', but still in my heart (many of you know this feeling).

Jimmy Dorsey was a band leader around the same time... long live musical scores! It sort of put this week's problem in order... We will be fine! I can not say I am totally relaxed, but tonight, I should sleep well. Tonight, I will be listening to some wind instruments with my parents.

---This message was edited on 11:45PM Apr 4, 2014---

tonjawithaj*us

new Posted: 03:13PM Apr 8, 2014

It's nice to read the updates in here! I heard about the earthquake but didn't feel anything here in Northern Cal. There was one in Eureka as well recently. I still have friends up there, so get all the reports!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am still working on the shop. Due to some naivete on my part, I way underestimated how long the process would take, so I was disappointed to learn that I am still a ways out. Delays with my architect (family in and out of the hospital), the county (an asbestos inspection), and now waiting for permits, have pushed me out a few months. Still hoping for the best and looking forward to it!

I have to comment on RGW4s post from November. I agree that this forum has some pretty special people in it and I am thrilled that I can come in here and see the same familiar avatars...or at least names!

Chuck Norris destroyed the Periodic Table because the only element he recognizes is surprise.
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 07:44PM Apr 8, 2014

And it's always good to see you too! Good luck with that shop of yours.

I am feeling pretty good today, it may not be much to those of you who live in the country, but my wife has ALWAYS wanted to milk a cow. It was her birthday yesterday, and I made arrangements at a dairy about 70 miles from our house to have her come out and milk a cow (I did have a connection - and there really are not any dairies closer to us anymore). It was a surprise for her. My daughter was in on it and kept her two boys out of school to go there - the 5 of us went in one car. Long story how we got her out there without her knowing a cow had her name on its utter... but it had to do with chickens, eggs, and decorating them for Easter.

When we pulled into the driveway, she lit up... she could see the cows (this place has a herd of 1100 cows). "I don't see any chickens", she exclaimed... (little did she know the folks who live there had a real farm with chickens, rabbits, goats, horses... & oh yeah 1100 cows.).

We toured the facility, watched the cows being milked by the machines.. then Ricardo came in... he was the one needed for my wife to milk a cow legally - in charge of sanitation. He had her hook up the machine on one cow, and on the next one, let her use her hands for a bit. She had a smile from ear to ear... even let us take pictures of the event. Something so simple, something thousands have done... she just wanted her minute with a cow. I got a lot of hubbie points today!

vlermaAus

Grayma V

new Posted: 09:56AM Apr 9, 2014

Aww Randy. hubby points you so aptly deserve. How very sweet. Just one thing, my dear, they are udders, not utters. I know they were definitely speaking to your wife's desires, but as my dad used to tell me when I was little, "No not that one, the udder one!"

I was raised on a farm - no big dairy, just a herd of cattle, some hogs, chickens, big garden. We were a pretty much self sufficient unit. But being an only child my daddy was my buddy and I followed him around all the time. He milked five or six of the friendlier cows that came fresh and after he would finish hand milking, he would hand me a little bucket and I would "strip milk the teats". Most of that milk was given to the barnyard mousers. The other bucket contents we put in the big old separator, hand cranked to get the heavy cream off and then it was bottled and put in the refrigerator.

We did have some of the nicer amenities, like electricity, indoor plumbing, and a 10 party line telephone. No TV but a great old radio that brought all the news from the war front, and soothing music from WLS Chicago. One of the most remembered things was listening to "Paul Harvey" giving the news here and there and his famous line about the rest of the story. He was a short little man whose voice is still famous today as the voice of "So God Made a Farmer". He was a keynote speaker at a Chamber of Commerce meeting where I held my second job. I was privileged to be entertained by him during lunch - the man was a true story teller, but I always wondered how such a booming resonating voice could come from such a little man. Guess after all these years the only answer has to be, "So God made Paul Harvey."

And God made a wonderful man and husband, RGW4.

The sound of the wild, but if there is no one there, does anyone hear their howls?
froggyggAusmod

Magical Sorceress Frog

new Posted: 12:17PM Apr 9, 2014

Randy, such a thoughtful and heartfelt gift to give your wife! Even though flowers, candy, dinner, and other gifts are nice, it is this birthday gift that she will never forget and will cherish forever! Well done "Hubby Randy"!

Grayma, I was also raised on a farm way out in the country in Ohio. We had just about every animal imaginable as well as a "truck patch" garden and a huge strawberry patch. We had over an acre of lawn and lots of acres of land that we contracted out with our neighbor to plant.

We had a freezer full of home raised chickens,pork from pigs we raised, and beef from the steer we would butcher each year. I remember my older sister and I would help pick vegies (especially green beans, yellow beans, and corn), clean them, and help Mom with the Mason jars to can them and store them in the cellar. We also picked tons of cucumbers and Mom would make and can Bread & Butter pickles that were really good. Strawberries were always frozen and put into a huge chest freezer.

Life was very busy, but it was a good way to grow up and appreciate all that we had - and had to work hard for. But, in exchange for all our hard work, my sister and I had lots of quality time with Mom and Dad doing things like going to a drive-in a few weekends a month, getting ice cream cones from the closest Dairy Queen, and just taking drives out in the country.

tonjawithaj*us

new Posted: 05:04PM Apr 14, 2014

I always enjoyed visiting friends' farms growing up, but I was always a city kid. Now, I think I would have loved it on a farm. I know my son would definitely benefit! LOL

RGW4, that was a super wonderful thing you did! It's not everyone who really listens to those little lifelong dreams we all have, and those that do are really special! It made me smile hearing that it made her so happy. You never know.

Grayma, I too miss Paul Harvey! My mom used to have him on in the car when I was small and we heard him almost every day going home from school/daycare. It's one of my favorite memories from when I was young!

Chuck Norris destroyed the Periodic Table because the only element he recognizes is surprise.
snappytom*

new Posted: 08:13AM May 4, 2014

May the Fourth be with you........

Skip to Page:  1   ...   10   11   12   13   14      Next  

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Users in Chat : SaraGrace 

Online Now: 0 users and 322 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account