11:46 pm

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist Post Reply

Skip to Page:  1   ...   11   12   13   14   15      Next

BRAINGLE FAMILY ROOM-47

AuthorMessage
bradon182001*usmod

new Posted: 09:11AM May 4, 2014

Snappy, you always know exactly the right thing to say at exactly the right time.

Right back at you...
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
vlermaAus

Grayma V

new Posted: 03:55PM May 7, 2014

I know I should allow my daughter to make her announcement, but after all I am Great Grandmother. ICU has a new grandson, 8lbs 3oz, 21.5 inches, born May 6, 2014 at 11:33pm. ICU was nearby and got to welcome the new baby just as soon as his big sister got to hold him and welcome him into the family. We are so blessed.

I do have to mention this post script. I have friends and neighbors who had children the age of my younger girls. Their middle son has of course grown up, had three children of his own and had worked for my granddaughter's dad so we all know the young man. He is fighting a cancerous brain tumor, taking radiation and chemo therapy in the hospital where our new baby was born. He is the bravest young man and is such an inspiration to so many. Long story short, he had said the baby would be born on May 6th and he would be listening for the lullaby the nursery plays whenever a baby is born in the hospital. We had just about given up on his prediction - you see May 6th was also his birthday. I am hoping someone from the family has notified Eric that he has a special little baby born on his birthday. And I am asking for more Prayer warriors for this young man. Throughout this, there are many times I have thought of our own Guylad.

---This message was edited on 10:06AM May 14, 2014---

The sound of the wild, but if there is no one there, does anyone hear their howls?
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
bluegrasssAusmod

Perseverance

new Posted: 09:51AM May 8, 2014

Congratulations Grayma and ICU on the birth of your Grandson & Baby Son.

Our Prayers to your friend (Eric), Grayma.
vlermaAus

Grayma V

new Posted: 12:38PM May 8, 2014

Thanks Bluegrass - the birth of ICU's grandson and my great grandson. Grandkids are so much easier to care for. LOL

The sound of the wild, but if there is no one there, does anyone hear their howls?
froggyggAusmod

Magical Sorceress Frog

new Posted: 01:25PM May 8, 2014

Congrats to you and your family on the newest addition to your family!

Prayers going out to your friend, Eric.

SMILE and people will wonder what you are up to!
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 11:56PM May 8, 2014

Congrats Grayma and ICU... spoil em rotten and they will love you forever!

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. -Albert Einstein-
tonjawithaj*us

new Posted: 07:23PM May 11, 2014

Congratulations to Vlerma and ICU! Grayma, I'll be thinking of your friend as well! Hugs!

Chuck Norris destroyed the Periodic Table because the only element he recognizes is surprise.
james05Aca

new Posted: 01:54PM Jun 23, 2014

My grandpa was just diagnosed with tonsil cancer. So, I'm Asking my friends for prayers that he will have the strength to fight and that he will get better!

He is starting his radiation treatments today.
froggyggAusmod

Magical Sorceress Frog

new Posted: 07:03PM Jun 23, 2014

I'm so sorry to hear that, james. I will keep your grandpa and your family in my deepest thoughts and prayers. I hope the treatment works and he is as good as new.

vlermaAus

Grayma V

new Posted: 08:28PM Jun 23, 2014

James, I too am sorry to hear about your grandpa, and I apologize for slipping by your message elsewhere. Have not been up to par for the last few days and therefore I haven't gotten into any chat places. Am waiting for my doctor to determine if my MERSA is back on my legs. I do know they look like they did way back then and the pain is extreme.

And my friend shocked all of us today by posting that he had picked out his stone and decided how he wanted it inscribed. Rather hard to take when it is one so young. Makes my illness seem very minor. He has not finished his first session of Chemo yet though, so we are all hoping they can keep that stone in storage for a very long time.

And the same for your grandpa, James. Chemotherapy is no fun, but they are doing so many things currently that they could not do in the past and are having success part of the time. I still am on one Chemo pill daily, and will be the rest of my life. But I can say with a big smile, I am nine years and counting. Each year when I go to be tested I live a thousand deaths until I get the answer back. Wishing your grandpa all kind of good luck and praying for strength for you James, as I think the family who has to stand around and watch their loved ones tough it out with cancer need all the support they can get. Hugs. Grayma V

Post from james05 deleted on 01:37PM Jun 24, 2014.
shawneeo*us

new Posted: 08:28PM Jul 11, 2014

Hello V, froggy, James, Bradon, and everyone else! I won't say the usual "sorry I haven't been here for so long...", because, who wants to hear that? After more than, what, five years at least of daily posting on Braingle, I started drifting away to other sites. I'm not very good at multi-siting, lol, I tend to concentrate on one site or thing at a time, but Braingle was my first "home" online and I still love all the friends I made on here. I hope everyone is doing well, and for the sick family members and others, I will pray for them. I see James and V on FB, and anyone that wants to be my friend on FB just let me know.

I haven't seen snappy or her daughter, wow, can't remember her name now!!!!! but if you see this, hello! I think of you all all the time! : )

Life... can be so many things... how can anyone ever think they are RIGHT? HAhahahahahahaha!!!!!
vlermaAus

Grayma V

new Posted: 02:32AM Jul 12, 2014

Shawneeo, boy I can't believe you and I wound up in the same place less than 8 hours apart. Love ya, bud.

Hey folks, as you may have noticed, I have not been keeping up the birthday box. Good reasoning. I explained to friends I was in a game with so decided maybe I needed to alert others.

I have been very slow about coming in here as I have been aware of some odd things that my computer has been doing, such as having my cursor changing positions on the page and my hand wasn't on the mouse and no Catmondon wasn't here pushing my mouse around either. LOL That was just one of several things in the last week or two that I was starting to get a bit suspicious about.

Very long story cut short, I found out this afternoon I have become an internet mule. Someone liked the looks of what, I don't know, but decided they wanted the use of my computer to do whatever. I notified my Security Department and spent 2 hours with a Microsoft Tech on line, and on the phone cleaning things up. Am going to transfer this over to the Community page.

Suppose they thought they were going to get my millions, but when they found out I might have enough to buy one postage stamp, they decided my computer could be useful in other ways. So folks, and I do consider myself pretty computer savvy for an old lady, do be careful - this is a new one to me. Microsoft has the IP numbers, but don't know if they will be able to stop them. But next time they are going to find this old girl has become the IRON MAIDEN. The tech showed me some of the encrypted stuff written by one of the nine sneaky riders had written and there wasn't even anything written in the English language. He told me they were going to pursue this because they had loaded a bunch of stuff down on my computer that he could tell I would have never had reason to even show interest in considering my age and such.

So things that make me frown . . . little moles who dig in when you aren't looking. Things that make me smile . . . a conscientious security tech who helped clean my computer up, wiped her little bottom, powdered her files and gave her back to me all spic and span.

mocha613Aus

new Posted: 05:22PM Jul 12, 2014

Clayton Robert was born on June 28th after 32 hours of relatively easy labor. Since we have been home, we have been adjusting to each other quite nicely. I even have to set an alarm to wake him up in the middle of the night to feed him!

EDIT: anyone want to remind me how to put a picture on here from photobucket?

---This message was edited on 05:24PM Jul 12, 2014---

"Wir müssen wissen, und wir werden wissen." -David Hilbert
vlermaAus

Grayma V

new Posted: 06:55PM Jul 12, 2014

Oh Mocha, Congratulations on your son. How wonderful having a new baby in Braingleland. I do like his name, too.

Ok we want pictures on here of course. With all the pictures I have been posting up in here I always use the HTML Link, but I have to do a bit of "finagling " but some of my files are quite old. Go to photobucket, pick up the HTML link, copy it then come to Braingle, and type what you want, then down below the smilie faces is the word image, click on it and a box will appear in the upper left with an http in it. Delete that http and then paste the HTML in that box. Click ok and it will appear in your box down here. I always go in and preview it to make sure I am not carrying something extra along with the picture. If I am then that is when I start messing around with the HTML.

But you will have all new photos so I doubt you will have anything but a clean shot at it.

Again, so happy for your addition to your family.

bradon182001*usmod

new Posted: 08:45AM Jul 13, 2014

Congratulations mocha, so happy you and Clayton Robert are doing fine. You are so lucky to have such a good baby, but setting the alarm to wake him for his 2 am feeding is unheard of! Let him sleep, he'll wake you when he's hungry. Trust this old grandma.Pictures, yes pictures!

Good to hear from you Shawneo. Glad you are doing well. Would be nice to hear from you more often, just to let us know you are okay.
froggyggAusmod

Magical Sorceress Frog

new Posted: 11:24AM Jul 13, 2014

Congratulations, Mochs! What a great name! Glad to hear your labor was easy and your new little bundle is such a great baby. I have to agree with Bobbi about setting an alarm clock - when he is hungry he will let you know - I know mine did. Yes - we want lots of pictures!

Nice to see you Mr. P! It's been a long time. Maybe I'll find you on FB. Nice to see you as well James. I love seeing some of the old crowd back and posting!

James, keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything turns out well for your grandfather and your Dad.

Post from james05 deleted on 11:59PM Aug 17, 2014.
mocha613Aus

new Posted: 02:40PM Jul 13, 2014

I will post pictures next time I'm on my computer (rather than phone).

We have to wake him up to eat because he had a bit of a problem with blood sugar levels and weight gain early on, so the dr doesn't want him going more than 4 hours without food. If he is on track for weight at his next appointment, then we can stop waking him up. . I would be ok with that!

Right now, he is dressed in a yellow onesie, red pants and black socks... We are rooting on Germany!!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

"Wir müssen wissen, und wir werden wissen." -David Hilbert
Gizzer

new Posted: 03:49PM Jul 13, 2014

Congratulations, mocha!

They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, nor will they learn war anymore.

Skip to Page:  1   ...   11   12   13   14   15      Next  

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Users in Chat : juggler314 

Online Now: 6 users and 454 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account