12:30 am

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist Post Reply

Skip to Page:  1   ...   7   8   9   10   11   ...      Next

BRAINGLE FAMILY ROOM-47

AuthorMessage
shawneeo*us

new Posted: 07:40PM Apr 18, 2013

Hey Psychic! Oh, that's right, you're my PMbro! I'm Peanut Man, you're PsychicMaster, and then there's PineappleMama!

I remember you real well, we were friends on here. This site was a major factor in my life too for a few years... it's only been the last year maybe two that my visits have become less than daily. Thank YOU for your friendship on here, and it's so nice of you to come back and say thanks! Good luck to you in the future!

Life... can be so many things... how can anyone ever think they are RIGHT? HAhahahahahahaha!!!!!
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
jaycr*us

new Posted: 04:26PM Jun 16, 2013

Happy father's day everyone!

It's not what you know, it's what people think you know.
ShadowsAcamod

new Posted: 09:23PM Jun 16, 2013

Darn, didn't see Psychic's post earlier. There goes another old Braingle friend...

"I don't regret a single thing that we did, any time together we ever spent. I wouldn't change a thing. Baby, you know, sometimes you gotta just go with the flow."
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
dolphingurl12Aus

new Posted: 12:48AM Jun 17, 2013

I remember you Psychic!
It is certainly getting to the point where nobody remembers me anymore, though.

Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else. - Gloria Steinem
StewieGriffinie

new Posted: 09:45AM Jul 18, 2013

I have not posted here in forever. Though I will always remember you.

"He may be the mod, but he's not the boss." StewieGriffin
HadleighAau

new Posted: 09:36PM Aug 9, 2013

Unfortunately Braingle is a very dated website and Jake has done nothing to bring it into the 21st Century.

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. - Oscar Wilde
extremebluenesscus

new Posted: 10:23PM Aug 9, 2013

What's to bring into the 21st century? It has a simple, navigable design, with all sections easy to access.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." -Romans 12:2
ShadowsAcamod

new Posted: 12:11AM Aug 10, 2013

People prefer social media to sites like Braingle. I tried Twitter for a while, but the people on there were hopelessly stupid and narcissistic. The ones I interacted with, at least. I don't play games on Facebook; apparently it's addicting. Facebook is for contacting friends and organizing events, IMO. For me, Braingle is irreplaceable. Unfortunately, not everyone feels the same.

The only other site I frequent is Kongregate. I'm level 34 or something on there. It's good for playing lame Flash games while feeling like you're accomplishing something.

"I don't regret a single thing that we did, any time together we ever spent. I wouldn't change a thing. Baby, you know, sometimes you gotta just go with the flow."
HadleighAau

new Posted: 06:59PM Aug 10, 2013

I am not a fan of Twitter but I do spend a lot of time on Facebook. It certainly is an easy way of keeping in touch with people I know all over the world. Posting photos is certainly a lot better than on Braingle.

snappytom*

new Posted: 03:17AM Aug 12, 2013

I tried Facebook. I don't like Facebook.
I figure if I didn't keep in touch at other times....grew apart, etc etc... why bother now.
It is different if you just use it to stay in touch with distant family.

Many women on Facebook are just checking out availability of men they used to know and vice versa.
Social media...hmph... get out and TALK to people.

I tried Twitter. Pointless to me. Why do I want to know who cut themselves shaving????

Snappy Snappy Snap..Snap Snap Snap Snap!
HadleighAau

new Posted: 06:21AM Aug 12, 2013

Hey Snappy, long time no see and I still owe you a coffee and cake. Pity it wasn't this year, Freo lumped the Pies in Round 7 100 to 73.

Twitter is incredible, I'm not too sure why I joined but I decided I'd follow KRudd, don't ask me why !!! But within 24 hours, he was following me. I have never made a post so he must be really bored with me.

I do use Facebook all the time and I do keep in touch with lots of people this way.

snappytom*

new Posted: 06:53AM Aug 12, 2013

Aha! The BET!!!! My coffee!
Isn't life like that though?
Last time we were here, you wer busy moving house.

Good on you if Facebook works for you!!!! I wish it did for me...

Let's work on getting together this summer!

HadleighAau

new Posted: 09:12AM Aug 12, 2013

I'd like that. I would love to get you that coffee I owe you.

Okay, to tell you how FB works for me, I have just commented on a photo of this beautiful Irish girl from Waterford just minutes ago. I would never have met up with her family or even gone to Ireland in June 2012 if it wasn't for Facebook.

I have met a lot of friends through Braingle since I joined in 2007 and I have continued that friendship through FB. You just need to be keep with what ever medium works for you. Maybe I need to use both so I don't lose touch with you & others that don't use FB.

bradon182001*usmod

Hi! I'm Bobbi ~ ıqqoq ɯ,ı ¡

new Posted: 09:43AM Aug 12, 2013

I guess my question is, what is wrong with using BOTH sites? So many people have deserted Braingle and are constantly on FB and never bother to even log in to Braingle. What harm is there is keeping both sites active:? I haven't found any harm in doing that. I really like the "personal" contacts on Braingle, and love to interact in this homey atmosphere, and then play some of the games on FB (some with Braingle friends, I might add). Until Jake upgrades the games here, this works for me, although I still maintain activity playing Werewolf and WTB here because they still involve playing with the more personal friendly contacts I've made here.

Want to try a new game? JOIN "1 V 100" TALK BOX. .Game 37 is in progress.
minakodeb

new Posted: 01:37PM Aug 12, 2013

I don't like how the word 'friend' has been redefined by social networks. To me, a friend is someone you actually know and spend time with in person - or did at least once in your life. But I didn't always think that way.

I made friends online here a few years back, and they are all but gone now. Some have moved away and stopped logging in. One of them turned out to be a pathological liar with a criminal record! Once burned, you get cautious.

I think social networks work for some people and don't for others. When I come here now, it's more for games than the social aspect.
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 03:44PM Aug 12, 2013

I was asked to be friends on FB from an old navy buddy who moved quite a few years back and lost my address in the process (bitter divorce). I, of course, did not have his new address, so we lost contact. When he first befriended me I was hesitant to friend him back - his current picture just did not look like my old buddy... but eventually I figured there was some characteristics that were his, so we connected again. I find FB valuable for this function, as well as most of my immediate family, including nieces and nephews are on FB and we are all friends/family members so we do keep in touch with what is happening in our own parts of the world.

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. -Albert Einstein-
mocha613Aus

new Posted: 10:12PM Aug 12, 2013

I have a friend who recently has contemplate deleting his facebook account. It caused me to consider why I am on facebook.

1) Share pictures with friends and family
2) Keep up with friends after they have moved away, or friends from Brangle, who I would not be able to spend time with in person
3) Contact friends to set up times to meet in person

Anything else, for me, can be done without facebook, but I decided, for me, it is still convenient for me.

"Wir müssen wissen, und wir werden wissen." -David Hilbert
froggyggAusmod

Magical Sorceress Frog

new Posted: 09:06AM Aug 13, 2013

Myself, I used to be an avid player of Farmville and a few other games on FB but grew tired of the games and all the problems associated with the games. It just became to much of a bother to play with all the issues. I do pop in every now and then just to check on pictures I know my family/friends have posted.

While Braingle may not have the types of games that FB has, at least those that are here do work without issues and I do enjoy a good game of WTB and TWG and the interaction with my friends here on site. Braingle does have a much more "homey" feel as far as social interaction with the friends I have here.

SMILE and people will wonder what you are up to!
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 07:29PM Aug 13, 2013

My daughter got me started on farmvilled because of her farm... it was hugh and ever growing. I tried, but I saw little to enjoy. Then they came out with Frontierville... I got pretty involved in that until it got to the point that in order to achieve the tasks you had to have 5-10 of your friends do things for you... and my friends were dropping out of the game like flies... so, I dropped out myself. Now I do not play any of their games - period. To them, its all about money and you buying certain things with real money. Braingle doesn't do that... so that is a definate plus.

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. -Albert Einstein-
snappytom*

new Posted: 08:41AM Aug 14, 2013

I check out stuff on my husbands FB. We sort of 'share' it although it is in his name.
He uses it for certain cycling sites who say 'follow us on FB' no chatting or stuff really. He isn't interested either.
Although I am able to go to his Facebook page, I must admit I just dont go there. I forget to go... I know how to, I know the pass word... he showed me.. but face to face works for me better. For friends. It is nice to see an occasional family photo. But isn't that sad that we rely on computers for that and we don't pen a letter and post a photo any more.
I like Braingle because it makes me pause in the day.

Skip to Page:  1   ...   7   8   9   10   11   ...      Next  

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Users in Chat : Emma2662 

Online Now: 11 users and 456 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account