Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist

Skip to Page:  1   2  

Top 5 annoying habits :)

AuthorMessage
JQPublic

new Posted: 06:28AM Oct 10, 2012

I see, and I'm glad I not one of them.

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
koin_era345tus

new Posted: 09:53PM Oct 10, 2012

glowingredbob wrote:
A lot of teenagers can't read face clocks any more because everything is digital.

I confess. Sometimes takes me a few seconds to figure out what time it is.

And legotboy, it depends on the kids you talk to. For example, the majority of kids at my school watched the presidential debates. We keep up with the news. Dont make assumptions based on a few kids you know.

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
HarryPutter*ca

new Posted: 10:16PM Oct 10, 2012

If anything, Presidential debates just fill you with more ignorance and feed you more propaganda since the candidates just use lies, half truths, and party rhetoric to encourage people to blindly trust them. The only way they're educational is if you do the fact-checking afterwards and research the validity of their points to realize how full of it they are.

Anyway, my top five pet peeves:

1) People who switch lanes without signalling (esp. when they cut in front of me, but it aggravates me just seeing it in general)
2) People who drive the speed limit or below in the passing lane when the right lane is clear
3) People who complain that my height is obstructing their vision when they're the ones who chose to sit behind me
4) When you do something nice for someone, then they start to take advantage of you and continuously ask for things (and those are the same people who wonder why no one is kind any more)
5) People who quote-mine or otherwise distort facts for their own benefit. I always wonder what they're trying to accomplish if they don't believe what they're saying since it's clearly done with deceptive intent.

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
ka-ching

new Posted: 10:04AM Oct 11, 2012

(1) When customers ASK me to fill their glass when I have repeatedly kept their glass full prior to their asking. Usually when I serve food. I'm sorry, lady, that I had my hands too full with this huge tray here to carry a pitcher along with me as well. And you're totally right in assuming that I'm not good enough at my job to notice your glass is half empty and do something about it next chance I get.

to be continued...
HarryPutter*ca

new Posted: 06:05PM Oct 12, 2012

We should rename this topic to first world problems

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
glowingredbobAgb

new Posted: 07:25PM Oct 12, 2012

^This

Sarcastic is the one word that defines me.
Sarah_XIVtus

new Posted: 09:58PM Oct 12, 2012

People who chew with their mouth open!!

✰❀ Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else. ✰❀
CaramellAen

new Posted: 07:18AM Oct 14, 2012

People who always cut in front of you when in a queue

you can see everything that goes on right. or like smell it or whatever. how does that even work. how do you use a computer and know whats going on it doesnt make sense my face doesnt make sense
lostfanAus

new Posted: 08:11AM Oct 15, 2012

tailgaters!!! i hate them!!

So after, when he whispers, "You love me. Real or not real?" I tell him, "Real".
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
Faith511*lk

new Posted: 05:57PM Nov 6, 2012

. Nails scratching on Paper. I hate that it makes chills go down my spine!!!

When Miley Cyrus licks a hammer, its "art" and "music" but when I do it, I'm "wasted" and "have to leave home depot"
ka-ching

new Posted: 12:29PM Dec 12, 2012

ka-ching wrote:
(1) When customers ASK me to fill their glass when I have repeatedly kept their glass full prior to their asking. Usually when I serve food. I'm sorry, lady, that I had my hands too full with this huge tray here to carry a pitcher along with me as well. And you're totally right in assuming that I'm not good enough at my job to notice your glass is half empty and do something about it next chance I get.

to be continued...

(2) When people don't care for the sake of not caring or because they know they can get away with it.

(3) When someone refuses to see a problem from the perspective of the person they consider their "opponent" - general lack of reaching out to understand other people in favour of focusing on one's own dilemmas and licking their own wounds. Basically when people are inconsiderate.

(4) When money is an issue. In any context.

(5) When someone plays their instrument or their music when I clearly had music playing prior to their starting...

I realised I converted this into a general pet peeve rant. Oh well.

---This message was edited on 12:33PM Dec 12, 2012---
Smithy*enmod

new Posted: 06:38AM Dec 13, 2012

ka-ching wrote:
(4) When money is an issue. In any context.

Say, for example, someone complaining about a lack of tipping?

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
The_SpiderAus

new Posted: 11:07AM Dec 13, 2012

Oh, SICK BURN Smithy

Let the games, begin!
ka-ching

new Posted: 12:46PM Dec 13, 2012

Yes. Yes, in fact.
Complaints about tipping bother me just as much as they bother everyone else, though I do tend to speak up for my side of the table when it comes to tipping, since it's underrepresented (at least in a reasonable light). What really bothers me is the absence of generosity and consideration in situations where people don't tip (so that relates more to numbers 2 and 3 than it does to number 4); the average person seems not to grasp just how much work the average server actually does. If you can sit in a desk all day doing next to nothing and make a comfortable annual salary riding on an education you never use, servers should be compensated at least reasonably for the amount of mental and physical labour they put into practise daily, at least in places where I work where the service is highly trained and attentive.

However. I hate money in general and peoples' obsession with it. It's money. Share. And I mean share generously. It's paper, it's fake, transient status, and most of us are not poor, so stop complaining and go on with a smile on your face.

---This message was edited on 12:54PM Dec 13, 2012---
LogicalRogerAus

new Posted: 03:16PM Dec 13, 2012

the average person seems not to grasp just how much work the average server actually does. If you can sit in a desk all day doing next to nothing and make a comfortable annual salary riding on an education you never use, servers should be compensated at least reasonably for the amount of mental and physical labour they put into practise daily, at least in places where I work where the service is highly trained and attentive.

I dislike the idea of tipping because for someone who isn't a people-person, I'm not fond of being waited on and do not plan on paying for something I did not ask for. If I go to a restaurant, I go to eat, not to be treated to a show. [Which is why I'm ambivalent about maid cafes. I like the idea, not necessarily the practice.] I'm not sure about where you work, Ching, but for most restaurants ordering for yourself and getting your own order doesn't seem like it would be so difficult. For multiple people, perhaps, but if everyone got them themselves, the burden would be lessened. I would greatly prefer a restaurant that is self-service to pay for what I want: a meal I cannot normally cook and a place to seat for a bit.

But really, if someone is dissatisfied with their pay, shouldn't it be the employers who give them the tip? If employees don't earn what they think they deserve then the boss is the one to blame, not the customers. And I wouldn't expect to get paid more for doing my job properly. It is nice, sure, but is unnecessary and is not something I would ever expect.
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    

Skip to Page:  1   2    

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Users in Chat : Jmoney95 

Online Now: 12 users and 433 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account