10:42 am

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

Braingle Interview #94 - RGW4

AuthorMessage
babyjuice

new Posted: 04:59PM Oct 1, 2012

Another month, another willing(ish) volunteer to question!
And this month its... RGW4!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay (this is where you all cheer )

Guidelines for interviewing:

Only five questions per post - and you aren't able to ask more questions until your five have been answered. This is to avoid huge lists of questions being put to the interviewee making answering them a daunting task. It should also improve the quality of the questions and the answers.

Current list of interviewees:

Datra
Kiwi
Gizzer
Kalli
Love
Bell
MrIx
Mad
Tissue
samm
Shirl
smithy
ace_of_spades
DD
Fish
Tamjp
Kellgo
Froggygg
Irishthistle
Dutchymonster
Swaff
Therulerofthem
Spookboy0
Mogmatt16
Jake (#23 1/2)
devilsadvocate
Tehlgnored
Brainster
Psychic_Master
Luckythirteen
Hana_Kimi
Horse_luver
PineappleMama
iteachkids
teddybair
Fomi_luvs_RENT
Mathmaniac
guylad
snowmonster
Brainy_1
paul726
Zonahobo
SgtAmmo
Kimberlykay
Sunrose
Zonarita
Radioguy
Harmony
Locked_in_hell
grilledcheese
beatlesgirl
Dontrelle
tintiniscool
dolphingurl12
TRILLIONAIRE
dswilborn
Zarahemla05
giglet1959
debc1
Life_Sucks
stephiesd
Shadows
chittermouse3
ObamaGirl
SEPTILLIONGOLDS
Paladin
iforgotbraingle
Trickster1992
LogicalRoger
KRUGERGIRL14
Omaha345
juliana97
caberet
changhill
monkey289
bradon182001
jaycr
vlerma
EMB92
auntiesis
4wheels
ICUB42
GreenApples27
chunnie
lostfan
Mathgeek007
HarryPutter
StewieGriffin
HermioneGranger
cookies466
ka-ching
xxsoftballxx13x
The_Spider
Evita
shlee
Jayo
babyjuice
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
babyjuice

new Posted: 05:04PM Oct 1, 2012

Alright Randy, here are you first 5 (and a half, because I came up with 6) questions

1. Can you cook?

2. If I were to build you a time machine to go into the past, where and when would you go?

3. Favourite smilie?

4. What was you dream job when you were a kid? Do/did you have that job?

5. If I told you you had to move to Canada, would you go willingly?

BONUS. Do you drink tea or coffee? Or both? Or neither?

*edited for a typo *

---This message was edited on 05:04PM Oct 1, 2012---
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 05:34PM Oct 1, 2012

babyjuice wrote:
Alright Randy, here are you first 5 (and a half, because I came up with 6) questions

1. Can you cook?

2. If I were to build you a time machine to go into the past, where and when would you go?

3. Favourite smilie?

4. What was you dream job when you were a kid? Do/did you have that job?

5. If I told you you had to move to Canada, would you go willingly?

BONUS. Do you drink tea or coffee? Or both? Or neither?

*edited for a typo *

1. Yes, I can cook. I've cooked most meats on the BBQ. In the house, mostly my wife cooks as she really knows her way around the kitchen and she get tired of hamburger helper or eggs.

2. Good question... today I have one answer, another day it may be something else. However, if I could only go one time, it would have to be back to the civil war days - July 2, 1863 and to sit in the "stands" and watch the battle of Gettysburg and the Chamberlain defense of the little round top.

3. Toss up between and

4. To be an astronaut... no, never achieved that.

5. My bags are packed and ready to go... it wouldn't bother me at all... except for the kids/grandkids - I would want them to go too. (ok - wife probably wouldn't stay here by herself).

Coffee - black - two big cups a day - a pot of it on days not working

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. -Albert Einstein-
babyjuice

new Posted: 05:53PM Oct 1, 2012

1. Do you like to watch TV? What sort of shows and stuff?

2. What are your favourite movies? Why?

3. Do you think a regular human will ever get to go to the moon (without having to go through training and such as an astronaut)

4. What's the weather like?

5. Noticing the only quiz you've written is on movies, if you were to write another one on any subject, what would it be about?

---This message was edited on 07:29PM Oct 1, 2012---
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 07:16PM Oct 1, 2012

babyjuice wrote:
1. Do you like to watch TV? What sort of shows and stuff?

2. What are your favourite movies? Why?

3. Do you think a regular human will ever get to go to the moon (without having to go through training and such as an astronaut)

4. What's the weather like?

5. Noticing you've only ever written was about movies, if you were to write another one on any subject, what would it be about?

1, absolutely. I love old movies - most from about 1939-1965... I insisted on getting cable with TCM. I also like crime shows, some sit coms and some reality shows... but not all of them. Dancing with the stars, Big Brother, Idol shows... not for me, but I like survivor, amazing race, Mike Rowe (in pretty much all he does).

2. I would say my favorite movies center around world war 2. Why? Because there are a lot of them, most were based on true incidents (which I really like as History info)... and John Wayne is in a lot of them.

3. Yes... if civilization does not destroy itself, man will find a way to venture out into space on a frequent flyers pass. For this, I have no doubt.

4. Today it is hot... about 100 degrees. Overall, I think the planet is facing some sort of global warming and a shift in the planet polarity. I am not a scientist, and I am not worried about it. I read somewhere that we probably did this before, and it will happen again. It takes a lot more years than you and I and our great great grandkids have to really worry about!

5. Not quite sure where you are going on this...? I would write about science fiction (but its in the form of a movie). If you meant something outside any realm of a movie, I would and could write a book on "Electricity in the home - the Do's & Don'ts"

---This message was edited on 07:19PM Oct 1, 2012---

JQPublic

new Posted: 07:21PM Oct 1, 2012

1 Are earthquakes scary?
2 If you could choose where you were born, where would you choose?
3 Favourite teaser on Braingle?
4 Favourite smiley NOT on Braingle? (Text-only ones)
5 Which languages do you speak?
I What is your opinion on cheating with extra, unnumbered questions? (No offence to anyone reading this since this happens all the time )

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
babyjuice

new Posted: 07:30PM Oct 1, 2012

Kinda forgot a key word in question 5. I rewrote it.
Sorry.....
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 07:44PM Oct 1, 2012

JQPublic wrote:
1 Are earthquakes scary?
2 If you could choose where you were born, where would you choose?
3 Favourite teaser on Braingle?
4 Favourite smiley NOT on Braingle? (Text-only ones)
5 Which languages do you speak?
I What is your opinion on cheating with extra, unnumbered questions? (No offence to anyone reading this since this happens all the time )

Hi JQ...
1. I guess it all depends on how large they are. 4.0 and less will make you look up and around... I have lived through enough of them to shrug those off - and some may not understand it, but sort of enjoy the rolling effect. You get over 5, and there definately is some panic to deal with. You get over 6.5 - panic turns almost into pure shock. I lived through the 87 Whittier earthquake (the fault runs behind my house by two blocks) and the Northridge earthquake of 94'. The 94 quake was basically the last big one in our area, we know we are due. The day of the 94' was one of those days I will never forget... we had a couple 5+ aftershocks that day, which by themselves are rough.

2. I sort of wish I was born in Scotland... I love their accent. Of course if you were born there, you would think Americans have accents... so its probably a no winner.

3. Edit... #37220 My father's chevy (There is a reason why I liked this, but if I answer it now, it would spoil the teaser).

4. You may not fully understand this... but none. The reason why, I do not text. I pick up the phone and call people when I want to talk, or I send an email. I'm sort of from that old school... and I know very little text message words - if someone was to text me a full paragraph fully text words... I would be lost.

5. English almost exclusively... though I do know some German and some Spanish.

I. Not real keen on it... but once in a while it doesn't seem to be a real problem! Does it?

---This message was edited on 08:34PM Oct 1, 2012---

RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 07:46PM Oct 1, 2012

babyjuice wrote:
Kinda forgot a key word in question 5. I rewrote it.
Sorry.....

That's ok, it makes more sense this way anyway. I only wrote one Quiz. I have submitted two... the second one was rejected for valid reasons and I just let it go then to bother with trying to correct it to satisfy the quizmasters. I held no ill feelings. But, that doesn't answer your question... so let me get back to you on this... I will look it up. (though right now, I have to deal with my air conditioner not working)

Edit - ok, found the problem with the air conditioner... looks like a field mouse had his way with my control wires. Made a repair - its working again.

The second quiz I made is no longer even in my back log... I deleted it when I decided to not proceed on it. I am thinking it was about a TV show though. Bottom line, as much as I might enjoy doing quizzes... I am not into making them. If I was forced to make one on something other than a movie (or show)... it would have to be on Electrical Theory (Oh I can see those mouths watering already to solve that!) or about WW2 or the Civil War.

---This message was edited on 08:50PM Oct 1, 2012---

JQPublic

new Posted: 09:52PM Oct 1, 2012

RGW4 wrote:
4. You may not fully understand this... but none. The reason why, I do not text. I pick up the phone and call people when I want to talk, or I send an email. I'm sort of from that old school... and I know very little text message words - if someone was to text me a full paragraph fully text words... I would be lost.

I don't text either ... but I do :-)s and :-(s in emails all the time. In fact, I would be using them on forums too if most forums didn't automatically convert them to pictures.

1 Can you give the reason why you like the teaser in white?
2 What were you doing when the 87 earthquake occurred?
3 What were you doing when the 94 one occured?
4 Are there any other kinds of natural disasters that frequently strike your area?
5 What's the name of the dog in your avatar?

---This message was edited on 09:52PM Oct 1, 2012---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 11:13PM Oct 1, 2012

JQPublic wrote:

1 Can you give the reason why you like the teaser in white?
2 What were you doing when the 87 earthquake occurred?
3 What were you doing when the 94 one occured?
4 Are there any other kinds of natural disasters that frequently strike your area?
5 What's the name of the dog in your avatar?

I understand your comment about some text shortcuts... I think as time goes, even those of us who don't text will know them all!
(that was not an answer... so it does not make your questions amount to 6)

1. I worked at a gas station when I was 16. Back in the days of Blue chip and Green chip stamps and the days where the attendant washed your windows, checked the tire pressure on your tires, looked under the hood at your belts, filled your tank and smiled all the time... for that 35 cents a gallon you paid for your gas. One of these cars came in and he asked for a fill up... and he sat and laughed as I walked around the car looking for a place to fill the tank. Once you see one - you don't forget. Yeah, he had to tell me where to fill it up. There were other cars where you had to lower the license plate, and one foreign one that I seem to recall I had to lift the front hood to access the tank filler.

2. Sleeping - woke up sort of suddenly

3. Sleeping - woke up sort of suddenly (seems to be a pattern growing here)... yeah, they both occurred around 5 am in the morning.

4. I don't suppose you can call bad drivers a natural disaster. We have a few really minor hurricanes... come up from the Mexican coast. Absolutely nothing compared to the East coast and not really worth mentioning. Tornadoes are even less frequent... more like a wind tunnel... so they don't count. We do have lighting storms, and last year we had a very bad wind storm - took out hundreds of trees and power lines... but they don't occur very often either. I guess it all depends on how you look at natural disasters, but I would have to say basically not. Lots of sun though - you can get sunburned easy even in January.

5. What would you like to call him? I was looking through the internet to see if I could find other dogs like I own and came across that picture. He is not my dog... I just loved how he looked. Now, for those reading this NOW... the dog is back in his dog house and the two boys you see are my two grandsons, probably about 6 months ago. I changed my avatar about an hour ago, probably about the time you were writing these questions.

bluegrasssAusmod

Perseverance

new Posted: 07:36AM Oct 2, 2012

1) How many children? Boys & Girls?

2) How many grandchildren? Boys & Girls?

3) How many years married to your lovely sweetheart?

4) Have you always lived in the same state?

5) Have you been to any other Country?
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 09:14AM Oct 2, 2012

bluegrasss wrote:
1) How many children? Boys & Girls?

2) How many grandchildren? Boys & Girls?

3) How many years married to your lovely sweetheart?

4) Have you always lived in the same state?

5) Have you been to any other Country?

Hello Blue...

1. Two kids, one girl, one boy - both now married

2. Two grandkids currently, both boys (they are why we put up with the kids)

3. Technically 33, though we will be celebrating 34 next month

4. I was born in Iowa, but we moved to California when I was two.

5. Yes... I have personally travelled to Mexico and to Canada. I served in the Navy, went to Okinawa & mainland Japan, South Korea, Phillipines, & Hong Kong

---This message was edited on 12:36AM Oct 27, 2012---

snowmonsterAusmod

new Posted: 01:49PM Oct 2, 2012

Hi Randy!

1) Have you ever been to OHIO?

2) Have you ever been shocked?

3) Which do you prefer - Home Depot or Low's?

4) When's the last time you and the wife went to see a movie together, and what was it?

5) What kind of music do you prefer?

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 05:03PM Oct 2, 2012

snowmonster wrote:
Hi Randy!

1) Have you ever been to OHIO?

2) Have you ever been shocked?

3) Which do you prefer - Home Depot or Low's?

4) When's the last time you and the wife went to see a movie together, and what was it?

5) What kind of music do you prefer?

Hi Snowy!

1. Yes... drove through Cincinatti and parts of the northern state... I have been in ALL 50 states of the USA at one time or another - sometimes just driving through to get to the other side.

2. As an electrician... more times than I can count. Twice - seriously... but no ill effects. Once in the Navy, due to a stupid machinist and basically poor shipboard safety practices. Once as I was learning residential wiring and was cutting in an outlet on the backsplash of a kitchen. It made a believer out of me. I screamed bloody murder as I was hung up on 120 volts with my hand inside the hole I had cut out, touching a live wire that the wire nut had come off and my hand not small enough to pull out of the hole. The wire mesh for the tile was dug into my right hand and it was the source of my shock. Luckily the shock was occuring only at the hand and never through my body, heart, legs...etc. Anyone who learns anything about electricity knows to work as much as possible with only one hand and maintain distance from metal objects. I finally had enough time to think out what to do, as it was basically up to me to get out of it... and I just yanked my hand out of the hole, causing 2 or 3 nasty cuts (which quickly stopped bleeding as they were not deep) and freeing me from the wire. It was 10:30 am... my boss came up from the lower floor where he could hear me, but could not get there fast enough - looked at me and my hand and said, let's go to lunch. After lunch, we turned off the main to the house and I pulled the wire out and made up the connection. Trust me, this one job made me the electrician I am today.

3. Home Depot - they cater more to contractors

4. The last time was about Sept/Oct 2010 or was that 2011... to see the opening of "The Stepfather". I would have to look at my wiki to remember exactly when it came out. We don't do movie nights.

5. Rock and Roll from the 50's-60's. Beach boys, Beatles, Righteous Brothers...

---This message was edited on 11:34PM May 11, 2013---

bradon182001*usmod

Hi! I'm Bobbi ~ ıqqoq ɯ,ı ¡

new Posted: 10:40AM Oct 5, 2012

I love your new avi, Randy. So Cute.

Anyways, my questions for you:

1. How/where did you meet your wife?

2. Let's rephrase Snowy's question: Have you ever been totally shocked by anything you have encountered in your life's experiences?

3. What do you do for fun?

4. Have you ever been snow skiing or ice Skating?

5. Do you play those old 50-60's Rock and Roll songs and sing along and do you remember all the words?

Want to try a new game? JOIN "1 V 100" TALK BOX. .Game 37 is in progress.
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 04:46PM Oct 5, 2012

bradon182001 wrote:
I love your new avi, Randy. So Cute.

Anyways, my questions for you:

1. How/where did you meet your wife?

2. Let's rephrase Snowy's question: Have you ever been totally shocked by anything you have encountered in your life's experiences?

3. What do you do for fun?

4. Have you ever been snow skiing or ice Skating?

5. Do you play those old 50-60's Rock and Roll songs and sing along and do you remember all the words?

Thanks Bobbi.... it's easy to have a cute avatar when you have cute grand kids!

1. After I got out of the Navy, I went back to school - night college. She was in one of my classes. It was a math class I needed to take so I could take some accounting classes. It was "go at your own pace"... we had very little classroom instructions, just reading and figuring. The teacher was there basically as an individual tutor. In any case, people broke into groups... my wife to be was in my same group of 4. The four of us helped each other. Part of the class was Roman Numerals... and she was totally lost - she went to a Catholic school and they did not teach it. So, I "tutored" her. I finished the class 6 weeks before the scheduled end date... and as we walked out of the classroom to our cars knowing I might not see her again ... I asked her out to dinner for the following week. The rest... is history.

2. Totally shocked... good question. Had to think. Sometimes I am amazed at how people can act & react to things... leaving me almost speechless. The 94' Northridge earthquake - regardless of the mental side effects of the day... the physical damage it caused to structures had to totally shock me. Seeing it up front and personal, driving through the cities hardest hit. Driving in total darkness due to the power out... except for the occasional fire to light up the sky (headlights were the most light available right after it hit)... and driving on the 118 freeway (which one section actually collapsed in the earthquake) and driving over a section of the freeway that had separated (it became two layers - about a half foot-in the fast lane to 2 foot-in the slow lane gap). I saw what looked like a car disappearing over the edge (this car was in the slow lane). I slammed on my brakes, but I was pretty close to the other car... and my car went airborne a bit to drop down that 6 inches or so. I saw the other car had stopped and it looked like his car was damaged. I think I was lucky that he went first and I was able to brake some. On the way home during the early evening when the sun still gave light and able to see the buildings that were impacted. The apartment complex that pancaked... I did not see for about a week.

Mother nature at its worst... but powerful to see and it is a shock to see what can happen to so many buildings in just a short period of time.

In the first few days, I was actually proud of most people in the area for helping others and not ransacking and trying to take advantage of a bad situation... but even that wore off after a bit.

3. Other than watching movies, playing on the computer... I love to tinker on my house - yep, love doing small remodels. I also have a model railroad system (working on it mostly for my grand kids now).

4. No snow skiing... maybe that's why I have never had a broken bone. Have ice skated some... but its been some 20 years since I have been on skates, suspect I couldn't do a very good job of spinning. Falling, yes; spinning, no.

5. Yes... in the car I definitely sing along - good acoustics. My wife will look over at me once in a while and ask me how I know the song that just played, she didn't even recall it... I shrug my shoulders and say, well, I have heard it a lot... and I learned the words that way. Sadly, I am terrible on the artists names. Its not like every song starts out, "This is the Beatles singing Hard Days Night.... "

koin_era345tus

new Posted: 10:07AM Oct 8, 2012

1. If you could move to a different country, would you? If so, which one?

2. Top 5 tv shows?

3. Top 5 movies?

4. Top 5 books?

5. Do you believe in destiny/fate?

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 09:23PM Oct 8, 2012

koin_era345 wrote:
1. If you could move to a different country, would you? If so, which one?

2. Top 5 tv shows?

3. Top 5 movies?

4. Top 5 books?

5. Do you believe in destiny/fate?

Thanks for the questions koin...

1. The fact remains the only thing from stopping me from moving to another country is me and my family. I love the USA, though there are days I wish the government would just get along and forget the party lines. However, I doubt I would move unless my entire immediate family went too (my kids and grandkids)... my siblings or my wife's siblings can stay here, and I doubt that will happen. You ask where... Canada comes to mind, Austrailia second. I guess I would want to go where I wasn't really forced to learn another language.

2. Amazing Race, NCIS, Big Bang Theory, Survivor, Homeland

3. Midway, In Harm's Way, The Spirit of St. Louis, Memphis Belle & I have to say just because of my involvement... The Stepfather.

4. The Bible, The Trains We Rode, The Ghost Towns of the West, In the Presence of Mine Enemies & finally Rendezvous with Rama.

5. I guess I do believe in destiny and fate. If you walk off a 1000 foot cliff, I think your destiny will be your fate... you will die.

I think we all have control of our lives. I don't think anything is destined for our future and we make our own destiny. You can't go out and start shooting at a lot of people and not expect to be shot back at... so your fate could easily be controlled by how you do your walk and what you do.

babyjuice

new Posted: 08:37PM Oct 16, 2012

Hola

1. How are you feeling right now?
2. Seen anything weird lately?
3. Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?
4. If you were trapped on a deserted island for 60 nights and 60 days, what 5 items would you take with you?
5. What do you think will happen in December 2012?
5.5 What would you do if suddenly the whole computer system world crashed?

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next  

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Online Now: 25 users and 575 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account