8:07 am

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

Braingle Interview #99 - Mocha613

AuthorMessage
Hrsemn4Ausmod

new Posted: 11:49AM May 3, 2013

Well Brainglers, we have a long lost Braingler from the past in the spotlight!

Welcome (back), Mocha613! Good luck and have fun!

Guidelines for interviewing:

Only five questions per post - and you aren't able to ask more questions until your five have been answered. This is to avoid huge lists of questions being put to the interviewee making answering them a daunting task. It should also improve the quality of the questions and the answers.

Current list of interviewees:

Datra
Kiwi
Gizzer
Kalli
Love
Bell
MrIx
Mad
Tissue
samm
Shirl
smithy
ace_of_spades
DD
Fish
Tamjp
Kellgo
Froggygg
Irishthistle
Dutchymonster
Swaff
Therulerofthem
Spookboy0
Mogmatt16
Jake (#23 1/2)
devilsadvocate
Tehlgnored
Brainster
Psychic_Master
Luckythirteen
Hana_Kimi
Horse_luver
PineappleMama
iteachkids
teddybair
Fomi_luvs_RENT
Mathmaniac
guylad
snowmonster
Brainy_1
paul726
Zonahobo
SgtAmmo
Kimberlykay
Sunrose
Zonarita
Radioguy
Harmony
Locked_in_hell
grilledcheese
beatlesgirl
Dontrelle
tintiniscool
dolphingurl12
TRILLIONAIRE
dswilborn
Zarahemla05
giglet1959
debc1
Life_Sucks
stephiesd
Shadows
chittermouse3
ObamaGirl
SEPTILLIONGOLDS
Paladin
iforgotbraingle
Trickster1992
LogicalRoger
KRUGERGIRL14
Omaha345
juliana97
caberet
changhill
monkey289
bradon182001
jaycr
vlerma
EMB92
auntiesis
4wheels
ICUB42
GreenApples27
chunnie
lostfan
Mathgeek007
HarryPutter
StewieGriffin
HermioneGranger
cookies466
ka-ching
xxsoftballxx13x
The_Spider
Evita
shlee
Jayo
babyjuice
RGW4
Bluegrasss
Fishmed
MarcM1098
Hrsemn4
Mocha613

The difference between poison and medicine is usually a matter of dosage.
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
MarcM1098Acamod

new Posted: 12:47PM May 3, 2013

Well, let's get those questions started!

1. What brought you back to Braingle?

2. Do you speak German? (I saw your quote of Nena's song; I hadn't heard that song before.)

3. Speaking of Nena, do you prefer the German or English version of 99 Luftballons?

4. What is your favourite TV show?

5. What is your favourite food?

There are two kinds of people: 1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
mocha613Aus

new Posted: 01:17PM May 3, 2013

MarcM1098 wrote: Well, let's get those questions started!

1. What brought you back to Braingle?
It was state testing time (i'm a teacher) and I had some extra down time while proctoring the test, so I came on to do a logic grid (I have still been doing these since leaving). While on, I poked my head around a bit and realized how much I missed the people and friendships I once had. So I PMed one or two, and the next thing I knew, I was back.
2. Do you speak German? (I saw your quote of Nena's song; I hadn't heard that song before.)
Ja, ich spreche Deutsch. I actually had the chance to teach German this year for the first time, which has been quite an adventrure.
3. Speaking of Nena, do you prefer the German or English version of 99 Luftballons?
The German version. Clearly. The English version pales in comparison.
4. What is your favourite TV show?
There are many I enjoy, but my all time favorite is West Wing. I also very much enjoy crime dramas, like NCIS, CSI, and Criminal Minds
5. What is your favourite food?I really like tostadas. But I don't really have a favorite, it changes based on my mood.

"Wir müssen wissen, und wir werden wissen." -David Hilbert
bradon182001*usmod

Hi! I'm Bobbi ~ ıqqoq ɯ,ı ¡

new Posted: 02:00PM May 3, 2013

Hi Mocha. First, let me say it's good to see you back on Braingle and also seeing he others you managed to drag back in, if only for a while. I hope you plan on staying for a long time. Okay, then, I have a few basic questions.

1. I know you are newly married, so tell us, is married life everything you thought it would be?

2. Is your husband also a teacher?

3. Where do you see yourself ten years from now in your career?

4. Where is your favorite place to vacation?

5. Have you seen any good movies lately?

Want to try a new game? JOIN "1 V 100" TALK BOX. .Game 38 is now in sign ups.
mocha613Aus

new Posted: 02:34PM May 3, 2013

bradon182001 wrote: Hi Mocha. First, let me say it's good to see you back on Braingle and also seeing he others you managed to drag back in, if only for a while. I hope you plan on staying for a long time. Okay, then, I have a few basic questions.
I'm love seeing all the wonderful faces of old friends. I'm glad I could convince a few more to come back and say hello as well.

1. I know you are newly married, so tell us, is married life everything you thought it would be?
Married life is wonderful. I love how it gives many things I do purpose. It is so much more enjoyable to cook dinner when I know I'm cooking it for my husband to enjoy. It is also nice to have a partner to share things with, traveling, cleaning, house projects.

2. Is your husband also a teacher?
Yes, he is also a teacher. He teaches 8th grade math and technology, and used to teach science.

3. Where do you see yourself ten years from now in your career?
I would love to be teaching half math, half German still at the high school level. I don't know what subject within math, I've just recently moved up to Geometry from Algebra, and am loving that, but, and I never thought I'd say this, I miss my remedial kids. I wouldn't mind higher level math also, maybe even Calculus would be fun some time.

4. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
I have loved my adventures in Germany. I really enjoy any place that I can learn something while I'm traveling. I am certainly not one to sit on a beach for a long period of time.

5. Have you seen any good movies lately?
I don't watch many movies, but recently I saw Jersey Girl, and thought it was really cute.

Thanks for the questions!!!!

Thekid4t

new Posted: 03:57PM May 3, 2013

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Who needs a witty signature anyway?
mocha613Aus

new Posted: 05:39PM May 3, 2013

Thekid4 wrote: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
The answer to that question has yet to be determined, but I can tell you, per wikipedia, that the woodchuck got its name from the Algonquian name wuchak, which has very little to do with wood or chucking.

Innovative*ca

new Posted: 09:10PM May 6, 2013

1. What is your greatest vice?
2. How would you describe yourself in exactly 17 words?
3. What is your favourite number?
4. Colour or Color / Center or Centre?
5. A Woodchuck would chuck all the wood that a woodchuck could could a woodchuck would chuck wood. Goddangit, Mocha. You should know this.

"This thaw took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." -George W. Bush, on liquidity in the markets.
mocha613Aus

new Posted: 12:08AM May 7, 2013

Innovative wrote: 1. What is your greatest vice?
Probably my addiction to things like Braingle. But really, my ability to find a million excuses to not do what I'm supposed to be doing would be my biggest vice.
2. How would you describe yourself in exactly 17 words?
wife, friend, teacher, daughter, sister. Likes: reading, archery, sailing, traveling, German, math, singing, history, puzzles, board games
3. What is your favourite number?
4. Colour or Color / Center or Centre?
Color, center, but I use theater/theatre interchangeably
5. A Woodchuck would chuck all the wood that a woodchuck could could a woodchuck would chuck wood. Goddangit, Mocha. You should know this.

---This message was edited on 11:58PM May 9, 2013---

Thekid4t

new Posted: 05:33PM May 7, 2013

Why did you choose for mocha613 to be your username?

Who needs a witty signature anyway?
mocha613Aus

new Posted: 10:03PM May 7, 2013

Thekid4 wrote: Why did you choose for mocha613 to be your username?
Mocha was the name of my dog back when I made this account. We have since lost her.
613 is my birthday, June, 13.

Mathgeek007tca

Pi Guy

new Posted: 09:14PM May 8, 2013

What is your secret cookie recipe in Cookie world?

I really need to know how this all works.

Nothing ever balances...

Parents are supposed to "protect" their kids, but there's a real distinction between protection and unrealistically keeping children away from reality. - Life_Sucks --- One of my teasers was featured as the Teaser of the Day! :D Sept. 18 2011 :D YAY!
mocha613Aus

new Posted: 09:39PM May 8, 2013

Mathgeek007 wrote: What is your secret cookie recipe in Cookie world?

I really need to know how this all works.

Nothing ever balances...

I completely understand! What I have found is that I have to rebalance every day, but once I have balanced for the day, it tends to be fine for the rest of the day.

I have several recipes I use, I'd rather not share them here, but I'll send you a PM.

JQPublic

new Posted: 09:25AM May 9, 2013

Okay, first, thanks for proofreading my quiz. I don't think I've met you before that; either that, or I've forgotten since. Anyway, questions ...

1. Do you plan to have children?
2. Any interesting teaching experiences?
3. What makes you happiest about being a teacher?
4. WTB or TWG?
5. What is your favourite theorem?

---This message was edited on 09:42AM May 9, 2013---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
mocha613Aus

new Posted: 11:58PM May 9, 2013

JQPublic wrote: Okay, first, thanks for proofreading my quiz. I don't think I've met you before that; either that, or I've forgotten since. Anyway, questions ...
Seeing as I've only proofread one quiz since then, that one must have been yours! I was impressed! I don't remember you either... Yeah, looks like you signed up for Braingle about a month after I left. You might have seen some of the residuals of me around... perhaps my quizzes or Logic Grids?

1. Do you plan to have children?
Yeah, eventually. For the moment, my 150 of them at school are more than enough. But we had a goal of finishing our masters and a few house projects before we started down that path. I am really looking forward to that chapter in our lives.
2. Any interesting teaching experiences?
I've been thinking about this one since I read your post, had some good ones today, but one of my favorites was the time when the class's natural conversation fell quiet in perfect timing for one conversation to be loud enough for the entire class to hear her say: "Babies are born with gills, that's why women have underwater births, it makes it easier for the babies to adjust since they can breath underwater, just like in the womb.
3. What makes you happiest about being a teacher?
The moment when a student who has been struggling with a concept has that ah-hah moment and you can just see all the pieces fitting together and the immense joy they experience. That and seeing them tap into their creative mind to come up with some crazy, out of the box idea that is so perfect for the project they are working on.
4. WTB or TWG?
4 years ago, I would have said WTB hands down. But since getting together with a core group of intense werewolf players, that has changed. I then became really involved in a TB werewolf group and played in and ran some fantastic games with special roles and powers. I really do miss those games and especially those people. It has been hard coming back, with so many friends gone, trying to meet new people... there are several I have met that seem like people I wouldn't mind getting to know better. Like you, JQ.
5. What is your favourite theorem?
Good question. I think I'm going to have to say the Four Color Conjecture. Or something to do with primes, although I don't remember the names of the ones I like, it has been a while since I took number theory, but I really enjoyed that class and all the proofs with primes.

4demo

new Posted: 10:21AM May 10, 2013

Hi mocha!

1. What career path do you think you would have pursued if you hadn't become a teacher? (Besides "mathematician")

2. What are you planning to do this summer?

3. If you could visit any of the fifty states that you have never been to (driving through briefly while traveling to another state or landing in an airport during a layover are fine though) for one weekend, all expenses paid, where would you like to go and why? What would you like to do there?

"You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it, however." - Richard Bach
mocha613Aus

new Posted: 11:07AM May 10, 2013

4demo wrote: Hi mocha! Hi Demo! Nice to see you! And here I thought I might miss out on being grilled by you... although I suppose you already know so much about me, that it might be hard to come up with more questions.

1. What career path do you think you would have pursued if you hadn't become a teacher? (Besides "mathematician")
That is hard, because I have always wanted to be a teacher. I mean, I started out wanting to be an elementary school teacher, which really is completely different from being in the high school, and I can't imagine being there now. I think they would drive me nuts!

I never really have been interested in the types of jobs a math degree would get me, not much of one for sitting at a desk all day, even if it would include doing math all day... so I suppose I have been a bit jealous lately of some friends who have pursued careers in museums or as tour guides. I think it would be really fun to become an expert in a particular time in history or the history of a particular place and to share that knowledge with others. I have always had a passion for history. I think that as a career option was never really a consideration for me, I had never even thought about its existance until recently. Maybe I'll do that when I retire. Or as a summer job.

2. What are you planning to do this summer?
This summer is all about remodeling the upstairs of our house. So, tearing down the lath and paster, putting in new windows, electrical, and insulation. Possibly taking down our chimney and replacing it with duct work to get heat and AC upstairs. Then putting up new drywall and painting. It will be a busy summer, that is for sure!

Oh, and also playing with our puppy. And I've got a few trainings to go to. And my brother's wedding back east!

3. If you could visit any of the fifty states that you have never been to (driving through briefly while traveling to another state or landing in an airport during a layover are fine though) for one weekend, all expenses paid, where would you like to go and why? What would you like to do there?
I think this is a bit cheating, but I would go to eastern side of New York. (It is kinda cheating because I have been to the western side of New York, just to drive up to Niagra Falls for a overnight trip and back...) I would love to see New York City, go to a musical or two, experience "the big city". I also enjoy the fact that it would be all expenses paid, I suppose I could find a nice hotel, fancy restaurants, and really live the life. That is certainly not a world I live in, so it would be fun for a weekend.

RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 08:15PM May 10, 2013

To my nose growing adopted daughter Mocha... I have been busy lately and did not see you were in the hot box. When I was in your same position a while back, I really had wished you would have been there to grill me a bit... but I do understand how life has its moments.

I know quite a bit about you, but it never hurts to know more, or to have you share some thoughts for everyone else.

On your wedding day (which I did enjoy seeing pictures of)... was there any funny moments (cake in the face, tripped up words... etc.) that you will always remember?

What is your favorite color? (though anyone who watches your posts may sort of figure that one out - well, at least I think)

Does your husband have an account on Braingle, so we can get to know him? (part B of same question... if not - why not?)

What kind of a car do you own; what kind would you like to have if money/insurance was not an issue?

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, would you use it as firewood?

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. -Albert Einstein-
mocha613Aus

new Posted: 10:37PM May 10, 2013

RGW4 wrote: To my nose growing adopted daughter Mocha... I have been busy lately and did not see you were in the hot box. When I was in your same position a while back, I really had wished you would have been there to grill me a bit... but I do understand how life has its moments.
Randy! I saw that you were interviewed not long ago. I wish I could have been there also! I still want to go back and read over it before it disappears into oblivion. Thanks for stopping by here!

I know quite a bit about you, but it never hurts to know more, or to have you share some thoughts for everyone else.

On your wedding day (which I did enjoy seeing pictures of)... was there any funny moments (cake in the face, tripped up words... etc.) that you will always remember?
As I was walking down the three steps to get to the grass before walking down the aisle, my garter slipped down to my ankle! It was a great distraction from what could have been a very nervous first few steps... gave my dad and I something to talk about as we were walking, and made the moment one I will never forget.

What is your favorite color? (though anyone who watches your posts may sort of figure that one out - well, at least I think)
Then my answer might surprise you. Purple is one of my favorite colors to wear, but blue and orange are actually my favorite colors.

Does your husband have an account on Braingle, so we can get to know him? (part B of same question... if not - why not?)
Yes, he does. He opened his account within a month of me opening mine. His username is mrkforever. You will notice he has not been on Braingle recently, but that he has played WTB and TWG. He also has the disco award (/jealous). He has also filled in for me once or twice before when I have been unable to log on to games. He certainly knows all of you through me talking about you. And often follows along with my games.

What kind of a car do you own; what kind would you like to have if money/insurance was not an issue?
I own a 2000 Ford Focus that I got when I was in high school. I am currently starting to look at cars and I think I'd like a Subaru Outback. I like the space inside for packing for camping trips and traveling, and I should be able to put my sailboat either on top or on a trailer behind.

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, would you use it as firewood?
Um, yeah! That sounds like the absolute best use of a pile of wood.

RGW4Ausmod

new Posted: 05:50PM May 26, 2013

Must be a busy month for a lot of people, myself included... sorry to not come by sooner with a few questions for you.

So, not trying to put you on the spot with the first question ... I respect everyone's right to do what they either feel comfortable with or have the "space" to do it.

1. Do you fly the American flag outside your home for holidays such as we celebrate this weekend?

2. Are you doing anything special this weekend... basically the start of the summer season?

3. I saw that you don't watch movies much... wonder if that is overall, or just at the theaters?

4. Along this line, what genre of movies would you watch on TV is you do?

5. Are you able to escape your teacher duties on the week-ends and enjoy doing things for yourself... like???

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. -Albert Einstein-

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next  

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Users in Chat : dodger 

Online Now: 8 users and 624 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account