2:43 am

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

Brangle Interview #100 - dfamina

AuthorMessage
xxsoftballxx13xtus

new Posted: 09:55PM Jun 15, 2013

What's the most exciting thing that has happened to you today?

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
dfamina

Simulposter Extraordinaire

new Posted: 07:39AM Jun 17, 2013

1) When was the last time you did something for the first time?
I'm actually going to have to get back to you on this one. I'm having trouble thinking of something that isn't terribly mundane.

2) Are you a morning person?
Gods, no, not by any stretch of the imagination.

3) What zodiac do you belong to?
I'm a Virgo by four days. 26 August is my birthday. (Leo ends on the 22nd, right?)

4) Favorite food that you could never live without?
I'd probably be ready to kill for Chinese food after about six months or so.

5) What is the last thing you took a picture of?
The little bonsai tree that I just got for my new apartment.
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
dfamina

new Posted: 07:41AM Jun 17, 2013

What's the most exciting thing that has happened to you today?
Since you posted that on Saturday, I'll answer as if it were still Saturday.

Nothing terribly exciting, but I had family visiting from out of town, so it was pretty nice seeing them.
Mathgeek007tca

Pi Guy

new Posted: 11:42AM Jun 17, 2013

What's the most exciting thing that has happened to you the day you respond?

Parents are supposed to "protect" their kids, but there's a real distinction between protection and unrealistically keeping children away from reality. - Life_Sucks --- One of my teasers was featured as the Teaser of the Day! :D Sept. 18 2011 :D YAY!
dfamina

new Posted: 12:11PM Jun 17, 2013

What's the most exciting thing that has happened to you the day you respond?
Well, considering that I've been at work about as long as I've been awake, I'd have to say that it's the free fries someone gave me about ten minutes ago.
windsor_babe

new Posted: 02:44PM Jun 17, 2013

z) Have you ever applied yourself to love someone you weren't naturally inclined to love?

aa) do you consider someone who reads nothing but novels to be a "reader"?

bb) Are kids really "growing up too fast" nowadays? Is that possible?

cc) What's one piece of advice you'd give a receptive 18-year-old?

dd) What do you think is America's biggest problem (politically) and why do you not trust our country/government, in more specific terms?

Your mom's a no brainer.
dfamina

new Posted: 06:33PM Jun 17, 2013

z) Have you ever applied yourself to love someone you weren't naturally inclined to love?
No. If I can't love someone through the merit of their own character, then I am not responsible for loving them through my own efforts. I'm sure that this answer will generate a lot of "what ifs" and "so you're saying that, etc...", but for the sake of space, I'll leave it as is.

From a romantic and oversimplified viewpoint: Love should never be forced. That is one of the reasons why so many marriages end in divorce. If you have to force it, you're not doing anyone any favors. Least of all yourself.

aa) do you consider someone who reads nothing but novels to be a "reader"?
Yes, in the same way that still I consider someone who only fights using karate a fighter, or someone who only paints pictures of fruit an artist. I'll defer to their knowledge in their very narrow field of expertise, but anything else, I'll find myself.

bb) Are kids really "growing up too fast" nowadays? Is that possible?
Well, it's hard to say, because every generation thinks that the one following it does things too quickly. Methods are constantly changing, being streamlined, and perhaps most notable of all, becoming automatic. Kids now are certainly growing up in a different way than their parents did, because of the tools available to them - which is literally everything. Anything at all is available at a click, so there is far less "do" and far more "ask". (In the context of "asking" the computer or machine to accomplish whatever task needs done.) This includes any information they could ever want. (And many things that they would -never- want.) I feel that it makes kids complacent, and they may feel like they know enough to know how to make it on their own. But one thing I have learned is that no amount of information, no matter how in-depth, replaces a lesson learned through experience.

cc) What's one piece of advice you'd give a receptive 18-year-old?
Never settle. If you aren't satisfied, move on and move up until you are.

dd) What do you think is America's biggest problem (politically) and why do you not trust our country/government, in more specific terms?
In short, far too many secrets. I'm aware that it's best that the people aren't told absolutely -everything-, in much the same way that someone should never share everything on their mind, but it seems that we, the people, know next to nothing. I can remember back when John Kerry was running against George Bush for president in 2004, and he was being interviewed. One of the questions asked was "What do you plan to do to improve the economy and cut down the national debt?" His reply was something to the effect of, "Well, we have a plan, you see..." followed by a slew of words that explained absolutely nothing. So, the interviewer asked, "And what, specifically, is this plan?" Again, his reply, "Well, you see, we have a plan....". Although, there's a good chance that he really had no idea what his plan was, as opposed to him keeping his plans a secret. I'm not going to go into a lengthy rant about the government, suffice to say I learned far more about it in the military than I wanted to know.
(Eat your heart out, SirHar.)

---This message was edited on 12:31PM Apr 1, 2014---
HarryPutter*ca

new Posted: 01:57AM Jun 18, 2013

Dfamin duck

1. Do you have any battle scars? (Follow up: That you can show me? )

2. Where were you stationed in the military?

3. Have you ever seen a dead body?

4. What is the riskiest thing you've ever done?

5. You're on an arctic trek. You stumble upon a polar bear who you ride to a secluded igloo. Inside the igloo are 4 rare diamonds which you must bring back to the ice queen deeper into the Arctic wilderness, and she will reward your courage with her gorgeous daughter's hand in marriage (the ice princess) and safe passage back to America. Alternatively, you can steal the diamonds and buy a small ship that you can then sail to Russia and live out your days as a rich and powerful man of mystery. Do you steal the diamonds or return them?

---This message was edited on 01:59AM Jun 18, 2013---

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.
dfamina

new Posted: 02:38PM Jun 18, 2013

1. Do you have any battle scars? (Follow up: That you can show me? )
Battle scars, no. Head injury scars, yes. I have a couple of those.

2. Where were you stationed in the military?
Several places, in the following order:

San Antonio, Texas
Biloxi, Mississippi
Wichita Falls, Texas
Mountain Home, Idaho
Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan
Back to Mountain Home, Idaho for a few months
Osan Air Base, South Korea
Again, back to Moutain Home, Idaho

I spent a little bit of time in Manas Air Base, Russia and a very brief period in Germany.

3. Have you ever seen a dead body?
Yes. While we were deployed to Afghanistan, we had one of ours die from a mortar attack. However, whether I can claim to have seen a dead body is up for debate. What was left of him couldn't be classified as a body.

4. What is the riskiest thing you've ever done?
I'd have to refer you to my answer for question Three. I signed up voluntarily for that deployment because I wanted the experience. And by jove, I got one.

5. You're on an arctic trek. You stumble upon a polar bear who you ride to a secluded igloo. Inside the igloo are 4 rare diamonds which you must bring back to the ice queen deeper into the Arctic wilderness, and she will reward your courage with her gorgeous daughter's hand in marriage (the ice princess) and safe passage back to America. Alternatively, you can steal the diamonds and buy a small ship that you can then sail to Russia and live out your days as a rich and powerful man of mystery. Do you steal the diamonds or return them?
I'm going to ignore all of the questions that come to mind and take this question at face value: One or the other, no extenuating circumstances. I choose the latter; Whether I had promised the queen anything to begin with matters not. While I don't necessarily desire wealth or power, being a man of mystery would be very satisfying indeed.

---This message was edited on 11:12AM Jun 19, 2013---
debc1A

new Posted: 04:53PM Jun 19, 2013

very interesting interview so far
i must admit i don't agree with you on some things

1. how old are you?

2. what state do you currently live in?

3. i love star trek!! have you seen all the star trek movies??

4. i know you are a fan of monty python, but have you seen fawlty towers?

5. harry's question 5, your answer, that is not honorable, is it??

This space is intentionally left blank.
dfamina

new Posted: 06:51AM Jun 20, 2013

1. how old are you?

2. what state do you currently live in?
Tennessee.

3. i love star trek!! have you seen all the star trek movies??
I've just seen the two most recent ones. And I believe I saw Nemesis ages ago, but I couldn't tell you what it was about.

4. i know you are a fan of monty python, but have you seen fawlty towers?
I haven't; would you recommend it?

5. harry's question 5, your answer, that is not honorable, is it??
For the sake of keeping things simple, I answered Harry's Question 5 in a very black-and-white manner. But it's not so simple. For instance, if I had promised the queen to return her diamonds, then I would do so. Marrying her daughter is quite another matter, however. But his question didn't include any promises I had made. Also, I mentioned before that I don't desire wealth, and that's true enough. Really, I'd just as soon stay out of the matter entirely, but avoiding the actual question doesn't make for a good interview. I'm no thief, but I'm hardly looking to get married at this time.
debc1A

new Posted: 10:00AM Jun 20, 2013

i would highly recommend watching fawlty towers

1. i love tea also, what kind do you like??

2. your passionate stance on gay marriage, is that from personal experience?(meaning friends or family)

3. do you think you are right all the time?

4. do you have a moral code?

4a. how did you come up with it?

dfamina

new Posted: 10:56AM Jun 20, 2013

1. i love tea also, what kind do you like??
Green tea. The real kind, not the sugared down stuff you see in your everyday grocery stores.

2. your passionate stance on gay marriage, is that from personal experience?(meaning friends or family)
Well, I've known people who were gay, but none who have been married. Mainly, though, I'm just tired of everyone being so bloody uptight. People are too soft.

3. do you think you are right all the time?
Not at all. I'll typically hold to my opinions, but I can accept when I'm wrong. Perhaps not with a smile on my face, but part of growing up is realizing that you don't know everything. In fact, I heard a quote that says it pretty well. "The more you know, the more you realize you don't know." I'm not sure who that came from.

4. do you have a moral code?
Well, yes and no. I have general principles that I try my best to stick to, but I don't have personal rules that state "I will always" or "I will never". I base my decisions on the situation at hand.

4a. how did you come up with it?
That's difficult to answer. I don't think anyone sits down and decides "Okay, this is how I feel about this" and "If this happens, then this is what I'll do". Again, I go with what I feel is the best decision at the time, whatever the case may be.
Bruvvy

new Posted: 01:11PM Jun 20, 2013

1)Were you able to come up with something for question #1 on my previous round of questions?

2)What is the nicest thing you have done for someone?

3)Are you named after someone (dad, grandpa, uncle)?

4)What is your happiest memory?
dfamina

new Posted: 08:07AM Jun 21, 2013

You and tuku are great at coming up with that one question that I can't readily answer. This time, it's number Four. I don't have a single happy memory that stands out. That isn't to say that I don't have happy memories, but usually it's "Today I really enjoyed lunch" or "Went out with some friends, had a jolly good time."

1)Were you able to come up with something for question #1 on my previous round of questions?
Yes, and that would be buying my own apartment. Just moved into it the 1st of this month, actually.

2)What is the nicest thing you have done for someone?
Probably shelling out $1100 to help my brother out.

3)Are you named after someone (dad, grandpa, uncle)?
I was named after an uncle who died before I was born.

4)What is your happiest memory?
Refer to my explanation above.
windsor_babe

new Posted: 08:07PM Jun 22, 2013

ee) Would you consider yourself an ambitious person?

ff) What's one thing you would do if you knew you could not fail.

gg) Have you ever fallen asleep at work?

hh) Do you snore?

ii) Are you much of a dessert person or is that easy for you to just let go?

Your mom's a no brainer.
dfamina

new Posted: 09:14AM Jun 24, 2013

ee) Would you consider yourself an ambitious person?
That depends on how a person would define ambition. I have goals, yes, and I have every intention of reaching them. But I have no desire whatsoever to climb any sort of ladder. I don't wish to be in a supervisory position and be responsible for the work (or lack thereof) of others.

ff) What's one thing you would do if you knew you could not fail.
A predictable answer, I'm afraid. The lottery. Though, not because I desire money. I just want to be able to do the things I've always wanted to do, and not have to worry much about the pay.

gg) Have you ever fallen asleep at work?
Most definitely.

hh) Do you snore?
Only when I fall asleep in an unnatural way, like when I'm sitting in a chair.

ii) Are you much of a dessert person or is that easy for you to just let go?
I can normally let that go. I don't have much of a sweet tooth anymore, but every now and then, I have a craving.
debc1A

new Posted: 03:15PM Jun 24, 2013

1. what kind of tv shows do you watch?
2. favorite movie?
3. describe your dream evening(location and $ no object)
4. favorite food?
5. having fun?

dfamina

new Posted: 11:34AM Jun 25, 2013

1. what kind of tv shows do you watch?
I actually watch very little TV anymore. Anything I want to watch, I download. (Yes, I'm a pirate.)

2. favorite movie?
The Sandlot.

3. describe your dream evening(location and $ no object)
My desires are simple. I'd like to go to Tokyo and just spend an evening seeing all the sights. I don't mind doing it alone, but if you'd like to come along, be my guest.

4. favorite food?
My single favorite? Probably bacon. (No, I'm not kidding.)

5. having fun?
Absolutely. I had no idea my little interview would come this far.
Bruvvy

new Posted: 09:42PM Jun 25, 2013

1)Favorite candy bar?

2)How old were you when you first learned to ride your bike without training wheels?

3)Do you have a favorite class/teacher from school that you still think about every now and then?

4)Using three words describe your life so far.

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next  

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Users in Chat : PYTHON 

Online Now: 1 users and 305 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account