Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist

Skip to Page:  1   2  

Braingle Interview #101 - Skybet

AuthorMessage
dfamina

Simulposter Extraordinaire

new Posted: 08:03AM Jul 23, 2013

1. How did you come upon Braingle for the first time?

2. If your life ended now, what would be your biggest regret (that you're willing to state publicly)?

3. Ignoring all rules of practicality and convention, if you could have any animal as a pet, which one would it be? Fictional creatures allowed.

4. What is your biggest pet peeve? If you can't pick one that ranks above the rest, just name the first couple that come to mind.

5. If your closest friend were asked to think of the one word that best describes you, what do you think it would be?
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
sonic102cin

new Posted: 05:19PM Jul 23, 2013

1. Mario or Sonic?

2. What will you do if there was a Zombie Apocalypse?

3. If you could edit Braingle, what would you do?

4. Thinker or Feeler?

5. Would you roll one 6 sided die or two 4 sided dice?

Play my game "Alliances"! PM me!
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
Skybet*gb

new Posted: 05:41AM Jul 25, 2013

1) Did you hear the news about the Voyager 1 space probe?

Again, here my knowledge is limited. I know that it was sent to capture close up images of our outlying planets like Saturn and Uranus and the images were amazing. It also contains information about us as a race and where to find us in our Solar System should it be intercepted by other life. This is cool but also a bit scary haha. I believe it is the first man-made object to reach interstellar space.

2) So have you ever been/would you like to visit Ireland?

I have been to N Ireland but not the Republic. I would love to visit one day but I've heard it can be very expensive for us Brits with your Euro pricing system... It could cost us about 5 pounds for a pint which would make it a very expensive trip for me! I know some parts are beautiful and I will visit one day.

3) Whats your favorite movie?

Donnie Darko is my favourite movie. I find the whole storyline mesmerising, I watched it about 5 times to understand exatly what was happening, as I refused to read an online plot synopsis, and I was pretty much right! It's one of those movies where a little smile from one of the characters will open up the whole scene. This move is is #1 for me, followed by Cypher and Koyaanisqatsi. These 3 movies are must watches.

4) What was your three favorite TV shows growing up?

This is another hard one... Looking back I can't really pick out any real favourites. But to name 3 I watched and loved - Pokemon, The Queen's Nose and Odyssey.

5) If you found out you only had one day left to live. How would you spend it?

I would most likely gather all my friends and family, head to my local theme park and hit all the rides, then get them all home for an epic house party.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Skybet*gb

new Posted: 05:50AM Jul 25, 2013

1. How did you come upon Braingle for the first time?

I remember this fairly clearly, I came across it while on a school computer, bored in class, looking for brainteasers. I have always loved a good teaser. And after browsing for a while I decided I wanted to write some of my own riddles so I decided to sign up as a member.

2. If your life ended now, what would be your biggest regret (that you're willing to state publicly)?

My biggest regret would be that my life had to end so suddenly. But apart from that it would have to be missing out on a work placement in New Zealand. I had the job, I had the accommodation, I had the flights... but I had just started a new relationship and decided to stay in the country. Suffice to say the relationship ended bleakly fairly soon after. I felt so annoyed with myself, and still do, for missing out on this amazing opportunity.

3. Ignoring all rules of practicality and convention, if you could have any animal as a pet, which one would it be? Fictional creatures allowed.

Taking a lot of things into account, I would have to say a Tiger. I think it wold make a pretty awesome pet and companion.

4. What is your biggest pet peeve? If you can't pick one that ranks above the rest, just name the first couple that come to mind.

One thing I really can't stand and instantly annoys me is people chewing loudly with their mouths open. I think it's disgusting and unnecessary. Also this is probably on par with being interrupted, particularly with something irrelevant.

5. If your closest friend were asked to think of the one word that best describes you, what do you think it would be?

Cocky.

I always have belief in myself and give a lot of "trash talk" to my friends. I'm very competitive and generally win a lot at most things... physical or mental. I give my friends a hard time but it's only half serious... I was just born a winner

Skybet*gb

new Posted: 06:01AM Jul 25, 2013

1. Mario or Sonic?

I love both, but definitely have to say Sonic. With great risk of repeating myself, Sonic was the character who got me into video games and Mario came after. So Sonic is the one for me. Plus his TV series was soooo much better.

2. What will you do if there was a Zombie Apocalypse?

Well I would fly to Monaco and hideout on my luxury yacht. But outside of my dreamworld, after finding a suitable weapon and transport, I would head straight towards my closest family to try and save them, I wouldn't be able to live with myself henceforth if I just left them undefended. After I have gathered my motley crew, I would probably head on an expedition to the coast and find a seaworthy vessel, that sails on wind power. We would take refuge on the seas and dock only to gather necessary food and supplies. Perhaps in search of an island we could settle on and grow our own food and build our own community.

3. If you could edit Braingle, what would you do?

Now that's the million dollar question. I honestly don't know. Perhaps I would make it a little more social and make changes to encourage greater interactivity between users. The website does need more features however to appeal to a greater audience so we can grow the community.

4. Thinker or Feeler?

Thinker. Sometimes I'm guilty of thinking situations through too logically and not taking emotional reactions to circumstances into account. I'm getting better at that, though.

5. Would you roll one 6 sided die or two 4 sided dice?

Is this a probability question? I presume you are asking which would I roll to try and get the highest result? I would take the two 4-sided dice.

sonic102cin

new Posted: 02:29PM Jul 25, 2013

1) Would you rather be an Editor or a Quizmaster?
2) Windows, OSX or Linux?
3) Why did you choose this avatar?
4) Would you rather be a seer or a wolf in WWG?

Play my game "Alliances"! PM me!
StewieGriffinie

new Posted: 05:13PM Jul 25, 2013

What's your favourite planet (besides earth) in our solar system?
Favourite food and drink?
What was your favourite WWG memory?
What is your favourite WTB memory?
If you had to pick one quote to live by, what would it be?

Did you know: that the ocean holds nearly 20 million tons of gold but most of it is diluted. Each liter of seawater contains about 13 billionths of a gram. So there is enough gold on the sea floor to put 9 pounds in every pocket on Earth.
Skybet*gb

new Posted: 06:37AM Jul 26, 2013

1) Would you rather be an Editor or a Quizmaster?

I would rather be an editor, I prefer a more behind the scenes role than one in the limelight. I'm not the centre of attention type.

2) Windows, OSX or Linux?

Windows. I detest Apple. Perhaps that's a strong word, but that's coming from someone who has used an array of their products in the past and learnt to hate them over time. I don't just hate them for being a large and successful business. I use my Windows and it's compatable with everything. I use Apple and it's compatible only with other Apple products. So do I want to be limited to the slim range of Apple stuff or choose between EVERYTHING ELSE? It's a no brainer. This business model will be Apple's downfall eventually, I'm sure of it. I have never used Linux, but I hear it mentioned a lot when I learn more about programming.

3) Why did you choose this avatar?

I chose this avatar for a Street Fighter themed WTB game a while ago. As the mod, I thought M Bison would be an appropriate choice. I think it's time for a change soon, however.

4) Would you rather be a seer or a wolf in WWG?

Seer for sure. It is the most fun and interesting role in the game. As a wolf, you know everyone's ID (except the seer) and the whole game you are just trying to fool and deceive, while this is fun in itself, it can make the game pretty boring if you are a wolf 2 or 3 times in a row. Wolf hunting is much more fun!

---This message was edited on 06:37AM Jul 26, 2013---

Skybet*gb

new Posted: 06:49AM Jul 26, 2013

What's your favourite planet (besides earth) in our solar system?

Look at this! The beautiful rings of Saturn. This has to be my choice. I also like Uranus for its luminescent color and Jupiter for its many interesting moons. My favourite being Callisto.

Favourite food and drink?

Favourite food is definitely ribs smothered in BBQ sauce. This is my ultimate meal. When I get the urge, I head to the Big Easy in Chelsea, London on a Monday for all you can eat ribs. I rarely get through the second rack but I try my best!

What was your favourite WWG memory?

I guess my favourite memories are being a wolf in the final round a couple of times where there are only 3 players left. It gets very tense and exciting in these situations. I have been a wolf twice in this example and won them both

What is your favourite WTB memory?

I don't find WTB that thrilling to be honest so don't really have a stand-out memory as such. Harry's "Who's Boss is it Anyway" game running now is proving pretty fun, though.

If you had to pick one quote to live by, what would it be?

Good question.

In my younger days I would have to say this:

"My heartbeat accelerates. I am in the here, in the now. I am also in the future. I am holding her and wanting and knowing and hoping all at once. We are the ones who take this thing called music and line it up with this thing called time. We are the ticking, we are the pulsing, we are the underneath every part of this moment. And by making this moment our own, we are rendering it timeless. There is no audience. There are no instruments ... When the heart races, this is what it's racing toward."

But now I would say I'm more this:

"Singing in the rain. I'm singing in the rain. And it's such a ******* glorious feeling. An unexpected downpour and I am just giving myself into it. Because what else can you do? Run for cover? Shriek and curse? No--when the rain falls you just let it fall and you grin like a madman and you dance with it because if you can make yourself happy in the rain, then you're doing pretty alright in life."

I try and stay happy and positive in life no matter what, because you only get one go and you may as well enjoy it!

---This message was edited on 07:18AM Jul 26, 2013---

HarryPutter*ca

new Posted: 03:19AM Jul 28, 2013

1. You're travelling down an old country road when you suddenly realize you're lost. You need to find directions and the first three people you see are:
a) A hot blonde
b) An old, wise but cranky-looking guy
c) A strong, but experienced biker-looking dude who obviously knows his way around

Who do you ask for directions?

2. Would you call yourself a chivalrous person?

3. Worst thing about being a Brit?

4. Can you post a link to a game you've programmed?

5. If you were trapped in your current room with an armed assailant outside your door, which nearby object would you use to defend yourself?

"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?" - George Carlin
Skybet*gb

new Posted: 10:32AM Jul 30, 2013

1. You're travelling down an old country road when you suddenly realize you're lost. You need to find directions and the first three people you see are:
a) A hot blonde
b) An old, wise but cranky-looking guy
c) A strong, but experienced biker-looking dude who obviously knows his way around

Who do you ask for directions?

Since I have somewhere to be and I don't particularly like being lost, I would probably approach the biker. I would also question why the hot blonde and old man are wandering down a country lane anyway.

2. Would you call yourself a chivalrous person?

It's not something I have ever considered as one of my traits, but upon reflection I would say so. I'm pretty modest too.

3. Worst thing about being a Brit?

I would have to say three things here. One is the cost of everything, this is a particularly expensive island to live on, and you will find your wages don't go very far. I live in London too, which is the worst place for that. The second thing is the size of the country, you rapidly discover you have explored the majority this country has to offer. I for one am getting very itchy legs to move out of the country and see what other places have to offer. I would like to return here to retire, though. The countryside and wildlife has a unique beauty that I have not seen elsewhere. The third thing is the weather. It's just so unbearably bland for the vast majority of the time. Our summers are usually vaguely warm with regular rain and cloudiness, and the winters are usually mild and boring. We have just had a decent hot spell, though, but it is rare. I would like to live somewhere with greater seasonal extremes. With the heat in summer and the deep cold in winter.

4. Can you post a link to a game you've programmed?

Sure.

Click here for Penguin Slide Penguin Slide at the bottom is a game that PianistChris and myself made. It is written in assembly language and would work on a GameBoy. We were tearing our hair out over it for quite some time. It is just over 1000 lines of code.

Click here for Ghoul Busters This is an early game I made called Ghoul Busters. It is a web game written in Javascript. It was quite tricky at first and still has a couple of bugs.

It's hard to tell how well you are doing when working on these games. But I got all A's so I must have done something right haha.

Next year we will be moving on to 3D programming using OpenGL, so I will have some more interesting stuff to show you. Watch this space.

5. If you were trapped in your current room with an armed assailant outside your door, which nearby object would you use to defend yourself?

Looking around I don't have a lot near me that would be effective as a weapon. I have a bottle of 80% Austrian Rum next to me, so I guess I would smash it on the table and use the sharded remains as a weapon.

---This message was edited on 11:18AM Jul 30, 2013---

Skip to Page:  1   2    

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Online Now: 13 users and 520 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account