Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

Forum Rules View Watchlist

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

Braingle Interview #107 - HABS2933

AuthorMessage
bradon182001*usmod

Hi! I'm Bobbi ~ ıqqoq ɯ,ı ¡

new Posted: 05:22PM Jan 22, 2014

The next Braingler to take her place in the hot seat is HABS2933. HABS is one of our Canadian members,and has been active and involved in several of the games and talk boxes.

But first: Guidelines for interviewing:

Only five questions per post - and you aren't able to ask more questions until your five have been answered. This is to avoid huge lists of questions being put to the interviewee making answering them a daunting task. It should also improve the quality of the questions and the answers.

Current list of interviewees:

Datra
Kiwi
Gizzer
Kalli
Love
Bell
MrIx
Mad
Tissue
samm
Shirl
smithy
ace_of_spades
DD
Fish
Tamjp
Kellgo
Froggygg
Irishthistle
Dutchymonster
Swaff
Therulerofthem
Spookboy0
Mogmatt16
Jake (#23 1/2)
devilsadvocate
Tehlgnored
Brainster
Psychic_Master
Luckythirteen
Hana_Kimi
Horse_luver
PineappleMama
iteachkids
teddybair
Fomi_luvs_RENT
Mathmaniac
guylad
snowmonster
Brainy_1
paul726
Zonahobo
SgtAmmo
Kimberlykay
Sunrose
Zonarita
Radioguy
Harmony
Locked_in_hell
grilledcheese
beatlesgirl
Dontrelle
tintiniscool
dolphingurl12
TRILLIONAIRE
dswilborn
Zarahemla05
giglet1959
debc1
Life_Sucks
stephiesd
Shadows
chittermouse3
ObamaGirl
SEPTILLIONGOLDS
Paladin
iforgotbraingle
Trickster1992
LogicalRoger
KRUGERGIRL14
Omaha345
juliana97
caberet
changhill
monkey289
bradon182001
jaycr
vlerma
EMB92
auntiesis
4wheels
ICUB42
GreenApples27
chunnie
lostfan
Mathgeek007
HarryPutter
StewieGriffin
HermioneGranger
cookies466
ka-ching
xxsoftballxx13x
The_Spider
Evita
shlee
Jayo
babyjuice
RGW4
Bluegrasss
Fishmed
MarcM1098
Hrsemn4
Mocha613
dfamina
Skybet
PianistChris
Slammngirl92
SirHar
Rhythmic
celtichero

---This message was edited on 05:29PM Jan 22, 2014---

Want to try a new game? JOIN "1 V 100" TALK BOX. .Game 38 will be in sign ups soon.
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM     Visit Wiki
bradon182001*usmod

Hi! I'm Bobbi ~ ıqqoq ɯ,ı ¡

new Posted: 05:27PM Jan 22, 2014

Let me start off the interview with a few standard questions.

1. How did you stumble across Braingle?

2. What part of Braingle is your favorite and why?

3. When you go out to dinner, what do you usually order?

4. What is your favorite holiday?

5 - Are you an only child or do you have siblings?

Want to try a new game? JOIN "1 V 100" TALK BOX. .Game 38 will be in sign ups soon.
celticherotus

new Posted: 06:29PM Jan 22, 2014

Just one Habs

1. When do you intend in rooting for a real hockey team team with talent.

I'm just an ordinary average guy with nothing to lose.
HABS2933Aca

new Posted: 06:47PM Jan 22, 2014

bradon182001 wrote:
Let me start off the interview with a few standard questions.

1. How did you stumble across Braingle?

It has been a while since I found the site so cannot be sure anymore, but likely I Googled "brain teasers" or some such term and the site was among the results

2. What part of Braingle is your favorite and why?

I am not sure I could pinpoint one section as being my favourite. Each morning I check the quiz and brain teasers of the day and then check on any games I may be playing. I also enjoy writing quizzes.

3. When you go out to dinner, what do you usually order?

I am much like "Mikey" in he Life cereal commercials from the 70s ("He won't eat it, he hates everything") so I have very standard orders I place at each place we frequent (modifying them beyond recognition). Mainly, I eat chicen (white meat only).
4. What is your favorite holiday?

I would say it is Christmas as I enjoy giving to others. I also enjoy seeing the excitement in the eyes of the small children among our friends and family

5 - Are you an only child or do you have siblings?

I am the third of 4 children. I have an older sister who is 10 years older than I am, a brother who is 14 months older anda sister 3 years my junior.

Q: What is the primary goal? A: To WIN the game.
Back to Top View Profile     Send PM    
HABS2933Aca

new Posted: 06:50PM Jan 22, 2014

celtichero wrote:
Just one Habs

1. When do you intend in rooting for a real hockey team team with talent.

Funny boy Celt. I will put my teams record up against any other teams any day of the week. Their glory days may be behind them, but no other team will ever accomplish what they have.

SilverWitch*us

new Posted: 11:30PM Jan 25, 2014

Hey HABS! Just a few questions for ya.

1. What is the most interesting/gruesome food you've ever had the pleasure to partake?

2. Is there a mistake in the past that you've regretted even today? Care to share? xD

3. Favorite childhood memory?

The world is not beautiful, and that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty.
HABS2933Aca

new Posted: 09:32AM Jan 26, 2014

SilverWitch wrote:
Hey HABS! Just a few questions for ya.

Hey SW, Ill try my best to answer them

1. What is the most interesting/gruesome food you've ever had the pleasure to partake?

As I stated above, I am a very picky eater and not very adventurous at all. When I worked as a product demonstrator at the grocery store ("Would like to try a cookie/apple/etc) I rarely even tried the product I was demonstrating. I don't need to try it to know I don't like it.
Now, having said that, when I was in Korea teaching we were up in the break room and one of the Korean teachers came in with a platter of rather odd looking stuff. I was asked if I wanted to try it and I said "I don't know, what is it" they were just about to tell me when the only other N. American in the school piped up and said not to tell me as if I knew there is no way I'd eat it (like that is going to make me want to try it. After I ate it and said it was "okay" but not something I'd be likely to eat again (actually it was beyond nasty) they told me it was fried pigs intestines.
Just to demonstrate my pickiness - while I was there I lived in what was considered a "small town" so there weren't a lot of places to get anything but local foods. Every weekend, I went with a friend and her boyfriend to Suwon (about an hour to hour and a half away) where there was an American base - and a much larger city. I was able to get foods from home there. I would buy Kraft Dinner, Campbell's Condensed soups, and other convenience foods from home and pay a small fortune for i.t (a can of soupd for iinstane was about $3) I could have eaten for free everyday at the school

2. Is there a mistake in the past that you've regretted even today? Care to share? xD

I try not to dwell on the past and mistakes made there is no point in it. It does not change the way things are. As Little Texas says:

I try not to think about what might have been
'Cause that was then and we have taken different roads
We can't go back again there's no use giving in
And there's no way to know what might have been.

Though I suppose I regret not going to the doctor sooner when I had the headache. Had I gone after a couple days, a week or even a month instead of waiting for 3 months - they would have caught it 3 months sooner and they may have been able to save my sight. I'd be able to see, but a lot that has happened to me in the last 7 years are a result of that and I like where I am today.

3. Favorite childhood memory?

I had a great childhood. I played summer and fall sports, we went on 2 vacations a year. lived in a great neighbourhood and had loads of great friends. I have mentioned this memory in a WTB game in which I was the boss and the question was asked. On occasion, my parents would wake us up in what to us seemed like the middle of the night (really about 10 or 11pm) and take us in our PJs to Big Boy for sundaes. When we got home, we'd be allowed to go swimming under the spot lights for an hour or so.

debc1A

new Posted: 11:41AM Jan 26, 2014

hey habs
how is it going?

1. what would be your dream vacation?
2. i knew about your sight but didn't know how it happened(sorry), do you consider yourself a procrastinator? or just thought it was nothing?
3. we had a kips big boy here, were they not the best sundaes ever? did you ever eat their burgers?
4. what are the different places you visited?
5. not a question just a fact, i have really enjoyed getting to know you over the years

This space is intentionally left blank.
HABS2933Aca

new Posted: 01:58PM Jan 26, 2014

debc1 wrote:
hey habs
how is it going?

IT's going very well Deb, thanks for asking. How are you?

1. what would be your dream vacation?

I have always wanted to go to Hawaii, my parents have been about 4 times and are actually going again in March. It looks beautiful. Outside North America I hope to one day get to Australia and/or New Zeland.

2. i knew about your sight but didn't know how it happened(sorry), do you consider yourself a procrastinator? or just thought it was nothing?

I am definitely not a procrastinator. I was the kid who would have an assignment done hte week it was assigned even though we were given a month to do it. I didn't go to the doctor because I am just not one to complain. I had been in excruciating pain for about 3 months but figured it would eventually go away. My doctor is an advocate of annual physical exams so when I had one someone at work made me promise I'd tell him about the headache. As I was leaving his office I said "Oh yeah, btw Ive had this headache non-stop for about 3 months now" he did a few tests and sent me to a neurologist the next day. The day after that I had an MRI and went back to work. They called me a couple hours later and told me to "go back to the hospital and ask for Dr. X - the neurosurgeon on duty". A week later I had brain surgery.

3. we had a kips big boy here, were they not the best sundaes ever? did you ever eat their burgers?

Not to my recollection. We never ate on these late night outings and by the time I was old enough to go out to dinner on my own the Ellias Big Boy we had in town had been closed for many years.

4. what are the different places you visited?

Most of the places we went as children involved amusement parks. We went to Kings Island; Cedar Point, been to Florida more times than I can count, California (LA, San Diego, San Francisco), Tennessee (Nashiville Pigeon Forge) , Georgia (Atlanta), Ohio (Cleveland, Sandusky, Cincinnati), Kentucky (Corbin, Frankfurt), New York (Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Syracuse) And of course living only an hour away I have been to Michigan tons of times (Port Huron, Detroit, Frankfurt) In Canada I've been to BC, Alberta, Manitoba, and Québec. I am hoping we can make it to Carnaval this year (the world's largest winter carnival is in Quebec City every February). I have also been to Korea and Japan. I was born on a military base in Germany so have been all over Europe too (or so I am told, I was too young to remember).

5. not a question just a fact, i have really enjoyed getting to know you over the years

Thank you, I feel the same way. I have really enjoyed Braingle and have met some very wonderful people on here. Some real jerks too but for the most part a lot of nice people.

---This message was edited on 02:00PM Jan 26, 2014---

SilverWitch*us

new Posted: 02:41PM Jan 26, 2014

1. Oh, what did you teach in Korea, English?

2. How did you find the culture there?

3. What are some of your current hobbies?

4. What's the nicest thing someone had ever said about you?

The world is not beautiful, and that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty.
HABS2933Aca

new Posted: 03:06PM Jan 26, 2014

SilverWitch wrote:
1. Oh, what did you teach in Korea, English?

Yes, I went to teach English. Unfortunately, due to an issue with my work visa I was not able to stay as long as I would have liked. On the upside, coming home early meant I got to spend time with my Grandmother in the months before she died. Had I stayed in Korea I would have missed out on that.

2. How did you find the culture there?

It was quite different than it is here and in many way very antiquate by our standards. They put a great deal more emphasis on education there than we do. One of my classes, the kids were all 5-6 years old. . My afternoon class was all students who were about 9-10 they came for an hour long English lesson after going to school all day. Most of htem then had other classes to go to after they left me.

3. What are some of your current hobbies?

I enjoy reading (love my ebook) and writing. Though I don't watch much TV (maybe an hour a week) I do enjoy listening to OTR (Old Time Radio) and spend a lot of tiem on the computer.

4. What's the nicest thing someone had ever said about you?

I don't spend a lot of time to concerned about what others think of me (see my signature) but I'd say that the nicest thing I've been told is that I am one of the most honest and trustworthy people they have ever met.

jaycr*us

new Posted: 06:17PM Jan 29, 2014

Hiya Habs, I recognize you from the daily teaser comments.

1) Are you planning to watch the Olympics? If so ...

2) Any favorite events?

This winter in Minnesota we have closed schools 4 times because of cold weather, -20F (-28.8C).

3) Do they close schools in Canada because of cold or snow?

It's not what you know, it's what people think you know.
HABS2933Aca

new Posted: 07:14PM Jan 29, 2014

jaycr wrote:
Hiya Habs, I recognize you from the daily teaser comments.

Hey Jaycr. I enjoy the teasers and quizzes a lot.

1) Are you planning to watch the Olympics?

I may watch a little bit of it. . . I normally do, though I am not fanatical about it.

2) Any favorite events?

I enjoy bobsled, luge, some of the aerial skiing events and, of course given my nationality (and user name) hockey.

This winter in Minnesota we have closed schools 4 times because of cold weather, -20F (-28.8C).

3) Do they close schools in Canada because of cold or snow?

Not normally, but given the way below normal cold temps this year, they were closed the first two days back from Christmas break as well as one or two other days. Though I do not have kids of my own, from what I understand from friends who do have them, the kids have not been out for recess or lunch break in weeks.

I is supposed to warm up to more normal temperatures later this week, I hope it does. While I normally prefer the winter to the hot humid gross summer weather we get this year with the extreme cold I am waiting anxiously for the spring to arrive.

---This message was edited on 05:36AM Feb 6, 2014---

HarryPutter*ca

new Posted: 12:45AM Feb 6, 2014

1. Which sports will you watch during the Olympics?

2. Which player do you think should take Stamkos' spot on team Canada?

3. Do you think Canada will take gold in Hockey this year?

4. Who will be Team Canada's MVP?

5. Do you have or have you ever owned a pet?

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
HABS2933Aca

new Posted: 05:35AM Feb 6, 2014

HarryPutter wrote:
1. Which sports will you watch during the Olympics

I watch hockey,luge, bobsled and a few of the freestyle (both skiing and snowboarding) events.

2. Which player do you think should take Stamkos' spot on team Canada?

Oooh, that is a tough one. There are so many good players that did not make the team. I was surprised that St. Pierre didn't, I think he'd be my pick.

3. Do you think Canada will take gold in Hockey this year?

The women definitely will. The men's competition is going to be tougher - I would like to think they will but it is going to be tough. They will medal though.

4. Who will be Team Canada's MVP?

Again, a tough one as a Habs Fan I would like to see PK win but that is doubtful. According to "those in the know" Crosby and Ovechkin are the predictions. I a not now, nor have I ever been, a fan of Crosby nor have I ever been impressed by him(saw him play a few tiimes both with the Océanic and the Pens). I would say Ovehein has a decent shot at it. Either him or Doughty (not really but he is from London so it would be nice to see a local kid win).

5. Do you have or have you ever owned a pet?

I have never not owned a pet. Currently, I have a cat. As a child we always had at least one dog and at time had two. The most pets we ever had at one time was two dogs, a cat, 2 parakeets, a cocketiel, 3 hamsters and 15-20 fish.

---This message was edited on 05:40AM Feb 6, 2014---

snowmonsterAusmod

new Posted: 09:54AM Feb 12, 2014

Hi HABS!

1) What is your favorite color? And why.

2) If you could be anyone other than yourself, who would it be, and why?

3) If you could do one thing to better this world, what would it be?

4) Do YOU like to talk on the phone and hang out? I hear they are very popular things to do . . . . to Bobby

5) Have you ever come across anyone here on braingle that you just could not stand? No names. . . just a yes or no, and how do/did you handle it?

Ok, I'm done. Sorry if I asked something that has already been asked. Hope you're enjoying this interview.

---This message was edited on 09:55AM Feb 12, 2014---

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
froggyggAusmod

Magical Sorceress Frog

new Posted: 10:57AM Feb 12, 2014

Hi HABS!

Hope you are enjoying being in the "hotseat" for a while. Anyway, here are a few questions for you:

1. What is your idea of a perfect day - as in what would you be doing and who would you be with?

2. Favorite author?

3. If you could spend one day with anyone (past or present, famous or not) who would it be and why?

4. Sunrise or sunset?

5. Coffee, hot tea, or hot chocolate?

Thanks and have fun with your interview!

SMILE and people will wonder what you are up to!
Longhorn_fanAus

new Posted: 12:21PM Feb 12, 2014

HiYa HABS!!!
1. What is your fav color? Any particular reason?

2. If you could date any celeb who would it be?

3. What is your fav animal? Do you have any pets?

I am sure I can come up with some more later

Like what you love, and love what you got.
HABS2933Aca

new Posted: 01:53PM Feb 12, 2014

Hi HABS!

Hey Snowy!

1) What is your favorite color? And why.

I have always been partial to the color green and in particular hunter green. i guess I like it because it is one colour that complements my red hair.

2) If you could be anyone other than yourself, who would it be, and why?

I am quite happy being me and can't imagine being anyone else. We often think if we could just trade lives with X our problems would be solved and life would be so much easier, but we don't know the journey X has followed and what trials he or she may have faced. There are certain traits I would take from others however. I wish I had the strength and determination of my maternal grandmother. She left a very abusive marriage in the 1950s and raised 4 kids (including one with Down Syndrome) all on her own without any help. She dedicated her life to ensuring her kids had what they needed and did without herself all the time. When she finally had to put my uncle in a home (in his 40s) she went to visit him everyday. She passed away 12 years ago last week and I still miss her everyday.

3) If you could do one thing to better this world, what would it be?

I was lucky enough to grow up in a family of means. We never did without. As a child I did not appreciate this as much as I do now (it didn't seem odd: everyone I knew had what we did). I realise that there are many people who are much less fortunate than I am/was and try to do what I can to help. From donating clothes to goodwill or the local women's shelter to volunteering my time at a mission or food drives. While I don't give street people money, I will buy the a meal or something else they may need.
I believe you should try to leave every place you visit just a bit better than it was when you got there.

4) Do YOU like to talk on the phone and hang out? I hear they are very popular things to do . . . . to Bobby

I used to spend hours chatting on the phone about nothing in particular and enjoyed it greatly; however, I no loner have the spare time I once did and all my friends are in the same boat, between work, husbands and kids none of us has a lot of time to spend on the phone. When we do have the time we do enjoy getting together just to hang out

5) Have you ever come across anyone here on braingle that you just could not stand? No names. . . just a yes or no, and how do/did you handle it?

On Braingle, as in any aspect of life you encounter many different characters and personalities and as with people you run into in RL there are those you like, those ou are indifferent to, those you tolerate and those you dislike immensely.
I try to ignore those I dislike and try to have as little to do with them as possible. I try not to get too confrontational on here (or in RL) as it serves no real purpose. I am a middle child and try not to rock the boat too much.

Ok, I'm done. Sorry if I asked something that has already been asked. Hope you're enjoying this interview.

So far, so good, and no one has asked me anything I would rather not answer.

---This message was edited on 01:54PM Feb 12, 2014---

HABS2933Aca

new Posted: 02:20PM Feb 12, 2014

froggygg wrote:
Hi HABS!

Hey Froggy!

Hope you are enjoying being in the "hotseat" for a while. Anyway, here are a few questions for you:

It's not so bad, wasn't so sure when I was asked, but no issues with it so far!

1. What is your idea of a perfect day - as in what would you be doing and who would you be with?

My ideal day we would be spent with my husband and we would spend the early part of the day either 4-wheeling, snowmobiling, or tubing (depending on the tie of year) and the evening spent in a more formal setting either at the theatre or at a dinner requiring 'evening attire'. Though I may have to pick a different companion for the evening.Rich is not really a "4 forks at dinner" kind of guy. lol

2. Favorite author?

This is actually quite a difficult question as I don't really like a lot of "popular fiction" though I do enjoy Grisham, Patterson, and J. Kellerman. Most of what I read is non-fiction or classical literature. "To Kill a Mockingbird", "War and Peace"; "A Separate Peace", "Don Quixote " and "The Canterbury Tales" were all excellent. "The Physic of Star Trek" and "The Science of CSI" were both easy to read and amusing looks at the science fiction and science-fact of the TV shows. "The Sleepwalkers: A History of Man's Changing Vision of the Universe" by Arthur Koestler was also very interesting.

3. If you could spend one day with anyone (past or present, famous or not) who would it be and why?

Famous - I'd like to spend the day with Nikola Tesla, who was actually reposile for a lot of what Edison is given credit.

4. Sunrise or sunset?

I am actually routinely awake for both. I prefer to watch the sunrise than set however. [/qolor]

5. Coffee, hot tea, or hot chocolate?

I prefer my caffeine cold and very rarely drink a hot beverage; when I do I will take hot chocolate 100% of the time.

Thanks and have fun with your interview!

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next  

Public Forums >> General Discussion >>

! Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Users in Chat : None 

Online Now: 12 users and 558 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search

Sign In A Create a free account