Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2793

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by The_Spider. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 8 rounds.

Discussion of Round #2

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

AuthorMessage
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 05:03PM Sep 27, 2012

Well this has been an interesting game so far, youve lost one wolf but you've also lost the seer.

Sorry I started this game like 34 weeks ago Ive lost the Animal House spark

keep at it though, surely my inspiring storyboards and breathtaking prose are not the only thing holding these games together.

and if it makes you feel better

TOGA TOGA TOGA


---This message was edited on 2012-09-27 20:58:07---
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 05:03PM Sep 27, 2012

The wolves tried to time the night out, but just missed out and failed.

EDIT: Well done on shooting a wolf in Har! I will throw an SPV out for now!


---This message was edited on 2012-09-27 17:04:52---
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 05:15PM Sep 27, 2012

The obvious thing to mention is that koin and ching tried to lead the vote away from Har. Koin's vote was interesting because he "conveniently" happened not to notice that Har hadn't been on, despite the fact that several people had mentioned it, which could be a cheap way of opposing what was a pretty reasonable vote. Ching's reasoning wasn't really relating to this game specifically so is neither here nor there, again it could be a cheap excuse but it does also sound like the kind of thing she would think.

As I have a small reason to suspect him compared to no reason to suspect anyone else, I will vote koin.


---This message was edited on 2012-09-27 17:21:20---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
caberetAus


Posted: 05:34PM Sep 27, 2012

Waaaahoooooo!!!

Sorry to see you go, Jam. But at least you got some good old wolf kicking in before your untimely demise.

Joining the koin vote. How sweet would it be if we could actually manage to hit fur again this round?


---This message was edited on 2012-09-27 17:40:46---

"I discovered I scream the same whether I'm about to be devoured by a Great White or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot." Axl Rose
Back to Top 
celticherotus


Posted: 06:23PM Sep 27, 2012

Nice to see that Gar was a wolf. Will SPV for the time being and will read over last round.

I'm just an ordinary average guy with nothing to lose.
Back to Top 
debc1A


Posted: 06:56PM Sep 27, 2012

hey

i can go with that

so i will got with that


This space is intentionally left blank.
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 07:09PM Sep 27, 2012

Yeah, i saw that coming as soon as spider said Har was a wolf. Not much i can argue in my defense, but that there were some 10 or 11 people that didnt vote for sirhar. Only one round has gone by do there's not muc as far as my suspicions. If I remeber right, harryputter's post seemed off, but thats just a hunch.

Im human, for all its worth.


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
ka-ching


Posted: 08:26PM Sep 27, 2012

again it could be a cheap excuse but it does also sound like the kind of thing she would think.

Oo. Should I be offended by that?

Very surprised to walk in to three votes for the same person this early. Very. Although koin's post isn't helping him very much. (No. Not very much at all. haha I read it again.) I'm keeping my fish vote fairly neutral here for a little bit, but I can't say I disagree with the direction we're going at the moment.
Back to Top 
JakeTADAus


Posted: 08:43PM Sep 27, 2012

Ok I am VERY sorry I am not more active. I was door knocking with state senate Candidate Will Johnson all day.
I will spv for now.
In the morning I will hopefully be back with more.


bah
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 10:01PM Sep 27, 2012

I believe koin at the moment, his last post seemed quite human-ish!

Disappointed that we've lost our seer. :'(
Back to Top 
masoni88*ca


Posted: 10:22PM Sep 27, 2012

Salvet! Nos iecit lupus! (Sorry, I just started learning Latin and I'm loving it!

I'll jump on the bandwagon for now. koin_era it is.

Vale!
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 11:03PM Sep 27, 2012

I don't believe in bandwagons starting a competitive majority by voting Jake

caberet voted for koin_era345
celtichero voted for debc1
debc1 voted for koin_era345
GreenApples27 voted for JakeTAD
HarryPutter voted for JakeTAD
ka-ching voted for masoni88
masoni88 voted for koin_era345
Smithy voted for koin_era345


"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Evita*dk


Posted: 01:06AM Sep 28, 2012

i'm in a kinda busy period right now *couple assignments need be handed in before sunday night* i'm just gonna spv for someone i'll get back to you if i find time to do it

It's when you draw it you realize what it really looks like
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 05:07AM Sep 28, 2012

Wow, a wolf and seer gone in the opening round has to be pretty rare. I'm not really sure who gets the upper hand from that.

GreenApples27 wrote:
I believe koin at the moment, his last post seemed quite human-ish!


Is that just "a feeling" or is there something you can actually put into words to explain?

Putter, why TAD? Given that there's actually a bit of reasoning behind the koin vote, it seems a bit illogical starting a competing majority unless you actually have a reason to suspect him.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
JakeTADAus


Posted: 08:37AM Sep 28, 2012

Because Harry is really mitt romney! He is getting back at me for writing in Ron Paul in november!
Ok I was gone a while and I am sure I have to get use to harrys new play style because this seems very different from the harry I know.
Moving on..... I forgot to vote..... oops. Voting a random person now.


bah
Back to Top 
ka-ching


Posted: 08:43AM Sep 28, 2012

In Harry's defense, I didn't particularly like Jake's post, either. He gave an excuse when one wasn't really needed, which sounds defensive. I don't think many of us got too in depth last round, so apologising for being "inactive" seems just unnecessary. There's a "reason". I don't know yet if it's a good one, considering this is Jake.

I'm leaving my vote neutralish for the moment. I'm open to the koin vote for sure, but this Jake development has at least a little merit.
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 09:07AM Sep 28, 2012

People are defensive all the time... for example, you yourself posted "in Harry's defense" when there was absolutely nothing to defend him from. (I'll probably stop playing the day asking someone to explain themselves constitutes some form of attack.) Jake's played before so knows people aren't expected to be super active in the opening rounds, so whether he is wolf or human his apology would be personally influenced (probably because this is his "comeback" game) rather than strategically influenced.

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
debc1A


Posted: 09:36AM Sep 28, 2012

morning

a wolf and seer was shot/eaten in my last game...it is rare

i see no reason to change my vote so will keep it as is


This space is intentionally left blank.
Back to Top 
JakeTADAus


Posted: 11:59AM Sep 28, 2012

ka-ching wrote:
In Harry's defense, I didn't particularly like Jake's post, either. He gave an excuse when one wasn't really needed, which sounds defensive. I don't think many of us got too in depth last round, so apologising for being "inactive" seems just unnecessary. There's a "reason". I don't know yet if it's a good one, considering this is Jake.

I'm leaving my vote neutralish for the moment. I'm open to the koin vote for sure, but this Jake development has at least a little merit.
Ok I guess I have to answer to this, though this normally gets picked apart and gets me shot for almost no reason.
I gave an excuse because normally I am far more active than I am. I have been door knocking, me adding the details was just cause it made me feel special. You know.... that ego of mine?
Also I missed most of last round so I felt the need to appoligize. Get over it. Seriously? How is that creditable for a reason to start a majortiy on me when many have not even shown any activity this round?


bah
Back to Top 
debc1A


Posted: 12:49PM Sep 28, 2012

i usually don't answer the door when strangers come knocking...so annoying, especially the selling ones

oh and to make you feel better...WAY TO GO JAKE!!!!


This space is intentionally left blank.
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 12:52PM Sep 28, 2012

Oh you're writing in RP, Jake? Though I think Gary Johnson would be a better option given the circumstances, still respect.

Anyway...I started a second majority on Jake for the simple reason that I think Koin is likely a human...the majority on him started way too quickly given that we shot a wolf round 1. I'd expect to see at least a little hesitation, or one of those "I'll lock in for koin, but I might change" votes.

I'm going to change my vote to one of the people voting for koin that already have a vote.

caberet voted for koin_era345
celtichero voted for debc1
debc1 voted for koin_era345
Evita voted for celtichero
GreenApples27 voted for JakeTAD
HarryPutter voted for masoni88
JakeTAD voted for Jayo
ka-ching voted for masoni88
masoni88 voted for koin_era345
Smithy voted for koin_era345

Mason it is.


---This message was edited on 2012-09-28 12:53:24---

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 01:11PM Sep 28, 2012

I don't think I'll ever understand your "logic", Putter.

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 01:17PM Sep 28, 2012

I don't know, most wolves wouldn't attempt to defend an inactive or anyone like Sirhar. CJ has 28 games under his belt (including his old account) so I doubt he'd make that mistake, but I could be over-estimating him since I haven't played with him a lot. I'll choose to do so, though.

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
JakeTADAus


Posted: 01:22PM Sep 28, 2012

Harry you havent done a whole lot to make me want to shoot you but I am keeping my eye on you.
I say we shoot an inactive who has not voted or posted.


bah
Back to Top 
caberetAus


Posted: 01:59PM Sep 28, 2012

Drat, drat, drat - how did those wretched beasts spot our seer 1st round? I'm holding my vote for now. But the postings are interesting. Toodles...

"I discovered I scream the same whether I'm about to be devoured by a Great White or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot." Axl Rose
Back to Top 
JayoAie


Posted: 02:01PM Sep 28, 2012

Yeah ousting inactives early is always a good move, probably won't be many in this game though.
Wasn't too concerned initially about the majority or the ease at which is materialized; and last round, it would have been difficult for the wolves to lead the vote away from Har so they probably joined it, one of them anyways. Probably just one of them actually.

Koin isn't exactly inactive, so it is on that basis that I would suggest Koin is human.
Be fairly easy to shoot down the early starting majority, especially when I hear the alarm-bell ringing word 'Bandwagon' gf
So with no huge pull away from Koin, there is likely a wolf voting for him (assuming Koin is human! )

On my way down to Castlebar to see the gf, not sure if I will be able to be active enough next round, but I'll try to get on



Seer down, just plain unlucky. But the wolf compensates at least a little.


Will vote for someone who voted for both Har last round and Koin this

Cabaret, Masoni and Smithy fit the 'profile'


Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 02:05PM Sep 28, 2012

It's possible that someone could be a wolf "despite" voting for a fellow wolf, yes, but to imply those that voted for the wolf are MORE suspicious for shooting a wolf is just outright stupid.

Putter, the most important thing I disagree with you on is:
Anyway...I started a second majority on Jake for the simple reason that I think Koin is likely a human...


I agree that Koin is "likely a human", but to imply that means we shouldn't vote for him is illogical. Someone doesn't have to be likely to be a wolf (in the sense that they are "more likely than not") - just more likely than anyone else. If you have a tiny tiny tiny piece of reasoning against one player, and nothing against anyone else, it only makes sense to vote for that one player even though you still think it's more probable that he's a human than a wolf. Of course if you actually have reasoning against masoni then ignore me.


---This message was edited on 2012-09-28 14:16:30---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 02:59PM Sep 28, 2012

But if I have a reason that makes me see them as less likely than anyone else, then I will vote for anyone else

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
ka-ching


Posted: 03:13PM Sep 28, 2012

I don't have a lot of time to address everything, so I have to pick and choose, here. haha The bigger one actually is right here:
his apology would be personally influenced (probably because this is his "comeback" game) rather than strategically influenced.

- says Smithy.

It's true - Jake approaches things from a very "strategic" platform, so I have to concede that his post in that context probably wasn't relevant to his identity. On the other hand, this is a very personal game and I think we're leaving out a significant portion of a human's strategy if we ignore that.
Off my soapbox...

Not sure where I'm going with a vote now, though. I usually like a two-way sort-of tie, especially this early - I think it fits. Masoni is skating, barely active, which should be decent enough grounds for suspicion (should I go into this?) AND I think koin would be nuts enough to defend Har. haha (experience isn't always the greatest teacher for all of us - that's historically proven [insert eyeroll]) Anyway, that said, I'm maintaining my Masoni vote and it's probably final, since I'll be out this evening.
Back to Top 
celticherotus


Posted: 03:57PM Sep 28, 2012

I'm not really sure about Koin, but he'll be useless if inactive. Won't vote for him quite yet though.

I'm just an ordinary average guy with nothing to lose.
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 04:05PM Sep 28, 2012

HarryPutter wrote:
But if I have a reason that makes me see them as less likely than anyone else, then I will vote for anyone else


So steering the vote away from a wolf makes someone less likely to be a wolf?


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
JakeTADAus


Posted: 04:14PM Sep 28, 2012

I am not sure that masoni would declare he is bandwagon if he was a wolf.
I don't believe Koin is a wolf either.
At this point I am not going to join any majorities. Why? Well unless a 3rd viable majority is formed I don't see any reason in voting for 2 people I believe is human.
I think harry might be a wolf. He seems different than I remember but me starting a majority for him at this point would do more harm than good.
The people I really want to keep an eye on is anyone that "follows" harry and especially those that claim to agree but seem cautious about it.


bah
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 04:39PM Sep 28, 2012

Smithy wrote:
HarryPutter wrote:
But if I have a reason that makes me see them as less likely than anyone else, then I will vote for anyone else


So steering the vote away from a wolf makes someone less likely to be a wolf?


Sometimes it does, actually if it's too explicit and obvious and the person is experienced, but not masterful enough to be employing some risky reverse psychology.

Also I think a wolf would have no problem jumping on a bandwagon because it lifts blame on them if that person is a human. They'd just point to the person who started the bandwagon.


---This message was edited on 2012-09-28 16:42:02---

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 04:50PM Sep 28, 2012



"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 04:55PM Sep 28, 2012

Sites being weird so I dont want to venture too far into an epic and have the site crash

While everyone was twisting the night away, some more than others (looking at you mj...Smithy.. ) Koin was trying to get his studies in. That kind of behavoir is SERIOUSLY frowned upon in the Delta House so he was booted to the curb

YOU SHOT A HUMAN

Cant win em all


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : sciencesteven 

Online Now: 11 users and 534 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account