Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2840

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by HABS2933. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 8 rounds.

Discussion of Round #4

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

AuthorMessage
snowmonsterAus


Posted: 01:09PM Dec 11, 2012

RFM

Thanks Snowy. Well I guess it goes without saying that Superman was a wolf.

The clues solved like this:

1) A) Chevy Chase Christmas character = CLARK Griswold
B) "2.5 MEN" WALKED A "GREEN MILE" TO BE "IN THE HIVE = Michael CLARKE Duncan
C) "GONE WITH THE WIND" "THE MISFITS" "MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY" = CLARK Gabel

2) A) A Newsman from a Fox cartoon = KENT Brockman
B) NCAA Golden Fllashes = KENT State
C) An English County = County KENT

3) THIS ELEMENT WAS DISCOVERED IN 1898. IT HAS A MELTING POINT OF 115.79 KELVIN AND A BOILING POINT OF 119.93 K. = KRYPTON
(which btw is a real element (not sure why babyjuice put "element" in quotes last round. It's atomic number is 36 and it is the last of the noble gases (look at a periodic table).

So obviously this pointed to Superman.

ONE WOLF DOWN!
The current totals for who is left is:
HUMANS: 7
WOLVES: 2
SEER: 1

Immunity challenge to follow in a few hours.


---This message was edited on 2012-12-11 16:29:23---

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 01:46PM Dec 11, 2012

Hey, sorry for my inactivity last round, I was putting up all my Christmas decorations! My house looks great now though! And I'm feeling very festive...

As for the game, I'm glad we seemed to have got a wolf, finally. As for leads, I'm not too sure. Perhaps leaning to those who were reluctant to join the vote on superman despite the evidence. Placing vote for snowmonster for now, pending further discussion.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
snowmonsterAus


Posted: 02:47PM Dec 11, 2012

I wasn't reluctant to join the Superman vote. I had voted for Anglosaxon early in the round, and by the time I had checked back on the game, the wolf clue had been solved, and pointed to Superman. I was happy to vote for him, and in fact, if you check, it was my vote that got him shot. I was the sixth player to vote for him. So - in reality, if you're thinking I was reluctant to vote for him, you're wrong.

I'll be super busy today and tomorrow. I will be sure to place a vote later today - this will give others time to contribute and maybe I can get some ideas as to who to vote for.


Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 03:18PM Dec 11, 2012

Voting slammn again. Those posts just dont seem right at all. About 90% sure of this, so voting slamm again.

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
debc1A


Posted: 03:24PM Dec 11, 2012

hey
checking in
will wait to hear other opinions before i vote


This space is intentionally left blank.
Back to Top 
slammngirl92*us


Posted: 03:38PM Dec 11, 2012

Voting anglosaxon. I have some suspicions on her/him.

Fearless.
Back to Top 
slammngirl92*us


Posted: 04:56PM Dec 11, 2012

Whats with all the inactives no offense...

Fearless.
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 05:49PM Dec 11, 2012

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Today's challenge will again be player voted. We are playing 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon. FOR those who don't know there is a concept known as 6 degrees of separation (also a movie starring Kevin Bacon) that states that any 2 people in the world can be connected to one another in 6 steps or fewer (the friend of a friend of a friend idea). IT is said to work with any two people.
I for instance can connect myself to Joey Smallwood, Joey (and Scotty) Thorton, and Eddie Greenspan (all well known Canadian personalities) in no more than 5 steps.

Today however we are concerned only with MR. Bacon.
YOUR task is to connect him to the celebrity of your choice, try to make more obscure connections than a single movie they were in together. The other person does not even have to be in show biz.

For example:
Stephen Harper (current PM of Canada) can be connected to Kevin Bacon in 3 steps.
Stepen Harper starred with Will Ferral in "Will Ferrell: You're Welcome, America: A Final Night with George W.". who starred in "Drowning Mona" with Casey Affleck who starred in "Lemon Sky" with (you guessed it) Kevin Bacon

Try to make as long a chain as you can. You are welcome to use any means to do this. Note as well hat the connections don't have to be movies orTV. You can connect by A is the mother/father/brother/sister of B who was in X with D


---This message was edited on 2012-12-11 17:56:52---

Vas-y les Habs! J'y crois!
Back to Top 
snowmonsterAus


Posted: 05:50PM Dec 11, 2012

Why are you suspicious of Anglosaxon? I was suspicious of him/her last round because of their inactivity, thinking maybe he was a wolf trying to go unnoticed. They did have an ok reason for not posting a lot, although that could have been a lie.

With more than 19 hours left, I will wait a while to place a vote.


Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top 
slammngirl92*us


Posted: 06:33PM Dec 11, 2012

You just said it snowmonster, because of his/hers inactivity. and I will be working on the immunity challange. I have been sick the past 3 days now!!

Fearless.
Back to Top 
  Post from slammngirl92 deleted on 2012-12-12 06:42:25.
JJPutztus


Posted: 07:20PM Dec 11, 2012

I have some relation to Bacon because:

My friends name is Casey
Casey's BFF is named Jessica
Jessica has weird names for everyone (ie I'm corn, casey's fried chicken, etc.)
Her name for her boyfriend is 'Bacon'
'Bacon' is also my best friend
Therefore, Kevin Bacon is my best friend
Easy as pie I think


To quote Kobe Bryant when he hits a 3-pointer: "Kobe"
Back to Top 
JJPutztus


Posted: 07:21PM Dec 11, 2012

Makes sense the wolves would eat BJ--she decoded the clue o.o

To quote Kobe Bryant when he hits a 3-pointer: "Kobe"
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 08:06PM Dec 11, 2012

slammngirl92 wrote:
Kevin Bacon was in "Sleepers" with Brad Pitt who is married to Angelina Jolie Voight. Good enough, or does it have to be longer?


I'm not what two people you're trying to link. Anglina and Kevin Bacon? IT can be as long or short as you want it to be. But the more intricate you can make the connection the beter.


Vas-y les Habs! J'y crois!
Back to Top 
JJPutztus


Posted: 08:14PM Dec 11, 2012

Who chooses? The winer, I mean.

To quote Kobe Bryant when he hits a 3-pointer: "Kobe"
Back to Top 
JJPutztus


Posted: 08:15PM Dec 11, 2012

lol. i spammed cg's wtb game discussion

To quote Kobe Bryant when he hits a 3-pointer: "Kobe"
Back to Top 
caberetAus


Posted: 08:30PM Dec 11, 2012

So sorry for my inactivity. Shouldn't have signed up for the game. Voting wildly and blindly to protect the seer should they still be alive.

"I discovered I scream the same whether I'm about to be devoured by a Great White or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot." Axl Rose
Back to Top 
MrsBlondieAus


Posted: 08:46PM Dec 11, 2012

According to the Mod's post - we still have 3 wolves and Seer still in the game.

I have played with Anglo before - he just seems suspicious. Going to vote Anglo. Will check back later - I need to study for awhile.
Back to Top 
debc1A


Posted: 10:09PM Dec 11, 2012

well i never played with anglo before so i will go with that

i have to think on the immunity one


This space is intentionally left blank.
Back to Top 
caberetAus


Posted: 10:53PM Dec 11, 2012

I'll join the majority for no good reason than to hope against hope that we're shooting another wolf this round! (And I want to be in on at least 1 wolf shooting!)

"I discovered I scream the same whether I'm about to be devoured by a Great White or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot." Axl Rose
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 04:48AM Dec 12, 2012

JJPutz wrote:
Who chooses? The winer, I mean.

YOU GUYS do (same as before)

MrsBlondie wrote:
According to the Mod's post - we still have 3 wolves and Seer still in the game.

Seer YES, but only TWO wolves (Superman was a wolf)

debc1 wrote:
i have to think on the immunity one

I'm going to help you guys out with this one. Go to GOOGLE type in "Bacon Number X" (where X is a cleb's name) and it will do the work for you. The higest number I've found is 7. How high a number can you get? Maybe the winner should just be whoever gets the highest number? And then in the event of a tie in numbers the weirdest conncection. What do you think?

WARNING
This site is somewhat addictive. You want to find someone with a number higher than 2 (the one you'll find most often) even connecting him to dead presidents or deceased actors, you rarely find anything over a 4.
Just noticed it is 5:55 and I have to leave for work now, I doubt I'll be back before the round ends, but will try to check in on my tab if I can.


---This message was edited on 2012-12-12 04:55:09---

Vas-y les Habs! J'y crois!
Back to Top 
MrsBlondieAus


Posted: 05:57AM Dec 12, 2012

Bacon number William McKinley = 4
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 06:24AM Dec 12, 2012

snowmonster wrote:
I wasn't reluctant to join the Superman vote. I had voted for Anglosaxon early in the round, and by the time I had checked back on the game, the wolf clue had been solved, and pointed to Superman. I was happy to vote for him, and in fact, if you check, it was my vote that got him shot. I was the sixth player to vote for him. So - in reality, if you're thinking I was reluctant to vote for him, you're wrong.


Well in fact, you jumped in at the end of the round and joined and overwhelming majority on a player that was certainly a wolf, you didn't make much effort to solve the clue and help find the wolf, only to come late and abandon a sinking ship. I have also found that in pretty much every game I've played, the players who become hugely defensive when you vote for them, however casually, are always wolves. This is not an exact science obviously, but its becoming a trend.

Also, night didn't time out, did it?? Anglo hasn't logged on for two days, so he is cleared surely?


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 06:36AM Dec 12, 2012

Bacon number William Rufus Shafter = 7

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
slammngirl92*us


Posted: 06:42AM Dec 12, 2012

im going to do mine over condisering im not going to school. so..... Willam Rufus Shafter and Joseph Wheeler appeared in Surrender of General Toral. Joseph Wheeler and Russel A. Alger appeared in General Wheeler and Secretary of War Alger at Camp Wikoff. Russel A. Alger and William McKinley appeared in President McKinley Inauguration Footage. William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt appeared in President McKinley Inauguration. Theodore Roosevelt and Walter McGrail appeared in Womanhood, The Glory of the Nation. Walter McGrail and Patty McCormack appeared in Here Comes the Groom. Patty McCormack and Kevin Bacon appeared in Frost/Nixon.

Ta-daa!


Fearless.
Back to Top 
snowmonsterAus


Posted: 08:37AM Dec 12, 2012

Skybet wrote:
snowmonster wrote:
I wasn't reluctant to join the Superman vote. I had voted for Anglosaxon early in the round, and by the time I had checked back on the game, the wolf clue had been solved, and pointed to Superman. I was happy to vote for him, and in fact, if you check, it was my vote that got him shot. I was the sixth player to vote for him. So - in reality, if you're thinking I was reluctant to vote for him, you're wrong.


Well in fact, you jumped in at the end of the round and joined and overwhelming majority on a player that was certainly a wolf, you didn't make much effort to solve the clue and help find the wolf, only to come late and abandon a sinking ship. I have also found that in pretty much every game I've played, the players who become hugely defensive when you vote for them, however casually, are always wolves. This is not an exact science obviously, but its becoming a trend.

Also, night didn't time out, did it?? Anglo hasn't logged on for two days, so he is cleared surely?



I simply explained that I was not reluctant to vote for Superman. That is not being overly defensive. And you're right, I did log on at the end of the round and join the bandwagon for Superman. Others did as well. Maybe not as late in the round as I, but once the clue was solved, others did the same as I, and changed their vote to Superman. No biggie. As for not helping with these clues, I don't like them, don't get them and am lost in how to solve them. I also feel they are keeping us from real discussion as to who's acting, etc. suspicious. So much of each round revolves on these clues. I'm just not used to a game like this.

I'll go with AngloSaxon as well . . . . now will you say I joined in at the last minute . . . . and therefore I have to be a wolf?

Don't know if Anglo's a wolf or not, but he/she's been extra quiet this game. Sorry if you're not. . . .


---This message was edited on 2012-12-12 08:40:39---

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : None 

Online Now: 8 users and 487 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account