Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2872

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by Rhythmic. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 9 rounds.

Discussion of Round #2

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

AuthorMessage
RhythmicAus


Posted: 12:45PM Feb 8, 2013

Jeminy and HarryPutter were human. Neither of them was the seer.

Story
And so, Rhythmic shared the information with the passengers. They all agreed the best course was to use the Silver B to find the WOLFS. The next course of action was to determine who should be shot with the beam first. Throughout the day, many discussions were had. Most were confused, but some seemed to have a vague direction in mind. As these discussions were happening, some began to notice that Jeminy had not come out of his cabin. By the time he did emerge, a consensus had already been formed.

"It looks like I'm going to be shot," he said. And indeed he was. Rhythmic took him to the beam, double-checked the configuration, and fired. Jeminy's eyes closed as he entered stasis.

The next morning, as everyone gathered to eat, someone was noticeably absent. HarryPutter was missing. Rhythmic checked Harry's cabin and confirmed there was no one there. On his way back to the others, he also checked the computer's findings from the Silver B. Jeminy, as it turned out, was a human.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 13:02:12---

"For me, the saxophone is a way of expression" - Kenneth Thomson
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 12:46PM Feb 8, 2013

Good, I was hoping for something like that

locking in on PYTHON

based on his initial post, but morseo his bizzare defense ( the face has no legitimate use in WWG as opposed to ) And they ate someone from the Spider/Harry/Green grouping. If Python was human they would likely eat me to frame him


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 12:48:35---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 01:00PM Feb 8, 2013

I think the eating clears Spider/Green/Longhorn

Eating Harry round one is not our style.

I would be willing to go with PYTHON but not going to vote as of yet with the round being so fresh


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 01:03PM Feb 8, 2013

Well I ate Harry last game in Round 1, but I sure as hell wouldn't do it again, at least not so soon and not with this group

I'm not clearing anyone, but I'm pretty sure you're cool this game


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 01:06PM Feb 8, 2013

The_Spider wrote:
Well I ate Harry last game in Round 1, but I sure as hell wouldn't do it again, at least not so soon and not with this group

I'm not clearing anyone, but I'm pretty sure you're cool this game


Exactly....
Perhaps the wolves thought eating Harry would point fingers in a specific direction.
Or he spooked them
They DO have a TB to coordinate their kills.

EDIT: Looking at last round end time night DID time out. Not thinking inactive at the moment but more of a drag-out


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 13:15:56---

Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
kitty-cattus


Posted: 01:19PM Feb 8, 2013

All right, glad the night round is over! I'm going to make a random SPV for now. I agree that eating Harry round 1 two games in a row wouldn't make much sense. Of course, it could be reverse psychology, but for now, I'm willing to go with it. I might vote PYTHON later, but there isn't really a lot of evidence against him yet. His post may have been overly defensive, but I don't want to start a majority based on just that.

"I'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change, but til I try I'll never know." -Wicked
Back to Top 
Blackest_Red*


Posted: 01:23PM Feb 8, 2013

I'm holding my vote until more people check in
Back to Top 
RhythmicAus


Posted: 01:47PM Feb 8, 2013

I have now selected the 3 Oracles for this game. No one but me knows who they are. I used Random.org to make the selections.

"For me, the saxophone is a way of expression" - Kenneth Thomson
Back to Top 
snowmonsterAus


Posted: 01:59PM Feb 8, 2013

Hey there! Glad the round finally started. More than likely Spider is not a wolf, but I'm not going to bet my life on it. Anything could be possible . . . . . and he could have decided to take the risk of eating HP early in the game. Could PYTHON be a wolf? Possible. IDK. I don't have much experience with playing in games with him.

Will wait for more posts before I vote.

Also, Spider, I was actually just goofing around with you last round when I said you weren't nice to call my post innocuous. I thought you would realize that. Sorry.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 14:02:42---

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 02:04PM Feb 8, 2013

I would generally not eat any strong/active players early, regardless of what 'group' they are a part of..with certain tactical exceptions I suppose.

and no, I didn't realize you were goofing


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 02:36PM Feb 8, 2013

I am just hoping we have a strong seer who divines the right people, knowing how to use the SeerTB in this game is crucial

Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
WerdnaAen


Posted: 02:57PM Feb 8, 2013

Blackest_Red wrote:
I'm holding my vote until more people check in


This always arouses my suspicions. To me it says "I'm active so don't vote for me, but because I'm a wolf I will be back later to see which human majority I can jump on."
Not too convinced on the PYTHON theory.
Vote for BR.
Back to Top 
JJPutztus


Posted: 03:19PM Feb 8, 2013

SPV Spider, will check back later.

To quote Kobe Bryant when he hits a 3-pointer: "Kobe"
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 03:30PM Feb 8, 2013

Guys if you think I have been too defensive, you really haven't played with me that much. Others here can tell you I am normally worse.
Spidy, you are trying really hard to have me shot with no real evidence. And you have tried very hard to make something out of nothing, and if others believe you, then well done! If I am shot, I will be cleared as a human next round, and people will suspect you, (and one or two others for jumping on the bandwagon). If they shoot you they will either kill a wolf or someone who got an innocent player killed for no reason. A win win situation, if you like.
I don't really see how Harry's death clears anyone either. There is no place for little gangs of friends in werewolf, in my opinion. It kinda ruins the game I think. We all play as individuals, (except the wolves of course!).

I will help speed things up by doing what you want Spidy. It seems the odds are against me so there is no point delaying the inevitable. The rest of you can vote as you wish.


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 03:33PM Feb 8, 2013

Shooting me, unless I'm a wolf is never a win...and almost never happens and it wont this time either cause I am able to defend myself instead of quitting

If you are human, your quickness to throw in the towell is astonishing.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 15:45:55---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 03:43PM Feb 8, 2013

PYTHON wrote:
I don't really see how Harry's death clears anyone either. There is no place for little gangs of friends in werewolf, in my opinion. It kinda ruins the game I think. We all play as individuals, (except the wolves of course!).

I will help speed things up by doing what you want Spidy. It seems the odds are against me so there is no point delaying the inevitable. The rest of you can vote as you wish.


PYTHON.....It is not a little gang of friends, it is a challenge aspect. harry is a good player so ususally when he is in a game most people who are wolves that like a challenge do not eat him in first rounds, usually, not always.

And trying to argue with Dan is like trying to get a vegan to eat an egg. Trust me on this one, I have gone round and round with him on so many occasions, he just keeps going. He is conceided and aroegant. He has a tendacy to over push the slightest statement, but he IS a good player. You just have to learn to love him for who he is.....AND it is ALWAYS FUN to argue with him

BTW...Love ya Dan


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 15:45:52---

Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
WerdnaAen


Posted: 03:44PM Feb 8, 2013

PYTHON you only had 1 vote whats the big?
If you are human you may as well try and help us.
Shooting you might be a win then spider since we don't know if you are a wolf or not, just because you say you wouldn't eat one of your buddies...
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 03:48PM Feb 8, 2013

Boy, you sure are full of yourself Spidy. Trust me, you really aren't that good! My death will prove that. At least try to be a bit more modest, you won't look so silly for killing me unnecessarily!! I can defend myself too, but in this case I haven't actually done anything wrong, so there is no need to. I have played enough games to know how not to attract too much attention to myself early on if I was a wolf.

As for throwing in the towel, that isn't really possible. It is up to the rest of the players to decide my fate, not me. I only want to help keep the game moving on.


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
snowmonsterAus


Posted: 03:50PM Feb 8, 2013

I'm sorry if what I posted last round caused this . . . . PYTHON, if you are human, take your vote off yourself!

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 03:50PM Feb 8, 2013

I'm not really pushing myself as cleared , and this isnt about being 'buddies' with someone as LHF alluded to, but a group of players who respect the challenge each one brings. In any case, eating the same player off the bat in Round 1 twice in a row is a foolish mistake for ANYONE to make, be he my buddy or not

Im just mainly, arrogantly as LHF alluded to , digging at PYTHONS comment that the humans getting rid of me is a good thing (on the condition that we were both human)...it's not


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 15:52:42---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 03:51PM Feb 8, 2013

Sorry Werd, who said they wouldn't eat one of their buddies, me or Spidy? Not sure what you mean Bud.

How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 03:56PM Feb 8, 2013

PYTHON wrote:
Boy, you sure are full of yourself Spidy. Trust me, you really aren't that good! My death will prove that. At least try to be a bit more modest, you won't look so silly for killing me unnecessarily!! I can defend myself too, but in this case I haven't actually done anything wrong, so there is no need to. I have played enough games to know how not to attract too much attention to myself early on if I was a wolf.

As for throwing in the towel, that isn't really possible. It is up to the rest of the players to decide my fate, not me. I only want to help keep the game moving on.


Nah I'm quite good, you're nearly zero experience with me (I say nearly zeor beause the one game I played with you I shoot two wolves in two rounds ) is hardly an indicator. My play is actually quite quite far from arrogant, I always play energetically, with full throttle on the effort, and I make every attempt to listen and explain all my actions. Killing one human won't prove anything, just that I tried and made a mistake. We will learn much more from this round than any MoO


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 03:57PM Feb 8, 2013

I will agree with you on that Spidy, two humans getting each other shot in two rounds is just stupid for Team Human. But if you are so quick to have a fellow player shot with no real evidence, then you aren't really much help to the rest of the players in my opinion. I mean, you could keep mistakingly suspecting innocent players each round, lead a charge against them, and eventually kill off all the humans!! You might as well be a wolf!!

A high price to pay for thinkin you're great...


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 04:07PM Feb 8, 2013

The king of hyperbole.

I have one vote on one player in one round am I not entitled to my own vote and my own opinion on who I fund suspicious. Last I checked I couldnt force anyone to join my vote, so why does it bother you so much that I would be willing to put forth my opinion, it can easily change, and I can easily be convicned otherwise. You let me know when I lead the charge on the 5 more humans needed to end the game..in the mean time, allow me my own opinion and my own vote


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 16:11:18---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
WerdnaAen


Posted: 04:09PM Feb 8, 2013

Hey PYTHON I was saying that to spider about not being cleared. But hey, what do I know? It looks like you guys are dragging a lot of history into this game that doesnt really concern the majority of us. I'm not at all bothered who has more experience, I just want to enjoy a friendly game like I used to ages ago on here. I'm backing away from this one, because I want to concentrate on playing the game.

---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 16:11:00---
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 04:13PM Feb 8, 2013

Last time I checked, I wasn't trying to deny you either. I don't like when someone trys to sway everyone else with no real evidence. Isn't that a bit like denying the other players their opinion?
You tried to start something last round and you jumped straight onto it again this round.
You may vote as you wish Spidy. I can live with your mistakes, I just hope you can.


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 04:14PM Feb 8, 2013

There really is no history , all I did was state my suspicioun at the start of the round, which I'm entitled too...I and was subsequently refered to as arrogant, and my playing skills ridiculed....I've really said all I have to say on it, but I'm not really the bad guy in this one

Last time I checked, I wasn't trying to deny you either. I don't like when someone trys to sway everyone else with no real evidence. Isn't that a bit like denying the other players their opinion?


I didn't really do that, but No, it's not at all like that


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 16:16:23---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 04:16PM Feb 8, 2013

No probs Werd. I just wasn't sure who you meant.
Actually, Spidy and I don't really have any history, (that I know of). We have never really played much together before.


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 04:21PM Feb 8, 2013

Spidy, go back and read the posts. It wasn't me who referred to you as arrogant. You first called me a quitter! I will say, for the record, that I do think you come across as very cocky.

How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 04:24PM Feb 8, 2013

It's cool

and LHF your comment didnt really bother me btw posting voting list and willing to switch to Aldridge for voting without posting

21kaldridge21 voted for The_Spider
JJPutz voted for The_Spider

kitty-cat voted for catmandon
Longhorn_fan voted for asteroidbelt
PYTHON voted for PYTHON
The_Spider voted for 21kaldridge
Werdna voted for Blackest_Red

Based on the number of people 'at odds' with me ALREADY, you'd be hard pressed to call me suspicous


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 16:28:29---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
21kaldridge21Aus


Posted: 04:27PM Feb 8, 2013

PYTHON's post really doesn't seem that suspicious and why is it so bad for him to try and defend himself?

I do find it strange though that spider is trying hard to prove that PYTHON is a wolf so my vote is going to spider.

And with the not eating Harry because its not your style or because you did the exact same thing the last game does not prove anything because you can say anything in discussion. This is just people that say they never shoot another wolf when they are a wolf just because you say that or you have never done that doesn't mean you didn't change your plan this game and do that.


I'm back
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 04:30PM Feb 8, 2013

Are you a wolf too Kal or are you just trying to sound like one?

Do you really believe this strategy would behoove me at all if I was a wolf. Answer your own question, if I was a wolf why in hell would I need to try to get Python shot, why would I stick my neck out for absolutely no reason


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 16:33:56---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 04:49PM Feb 8, 2013

The_Spider wrote:
Are you a wolf too Kal or are you just trying to sound like one?

Do you really believe this strategy would behoove me at all if I was a wolf. Answer your own question, if I was a wolf why in hell would I need to try to get Python shot, why would I stick my neck out for absolutely no reason




Are you a wolf too Kal??? So do you still think I am a wolf then Spidy, or do you suspect someone else? Please share your thoughts old boy.


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 04:51PM Feb 8, 2013

There are 4 wolves if I'm not mistaken..I've said everything already, I stated why I was suspicous of you and why I was suspicous of Kal (well first it was she voted without posting..but I went out for a red bull before I could say anything else..I was actually waiting for someone else to post, but he didnt ), I voted Kal...what exactly are you looking for?

disregard the 4 wolves part it was a "joke" that won't be understood as I intended it and people will think Im a wolf 'pretending' not to know how many wolves there are


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 17:05:35---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
WerdnaAen


Posted: 04:57PM Feb 8, 2013

I don't think a wolf would be trying so hard on a human shot this early in the game. Not a great strategy. I think spider is sincere. Bullish, but sincere I also don't think PYTHON would quit so quickly if he was wolf either. Unless you do just give up at the first sign of adversity. I don't know you so I wont call that one. Can we drop these two players for now and move on? I think 21k's post was a bit out there. Not too logical... or is that just me?
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 05:02PM Feb 8, 2013

Why not just say 'Are you a wolf Kal'? The 'too' usually means you are referring to someone else as well as Kal. I can only assume you still meant me.

How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 05:05PM Feb 8, 2013

Perhaps 21k (or Kal), was trying to stick up for me because she has played a few games with me now.

How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 05:08PM Feb 8, 2013

Well since we're not exactly popular now I'll be brief. Kal seemed to be playing a such a way that she was worried about you getting shot, which was the context of her behavoir and her attempt to go after me. The 'too' isnt all that important to begin with. Suffice it to say I am more suspcious of Kal than you atm and am voting her for the time being, and will defer to other players for a reasonable chunk of time

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
kitty-cattus


Posted: 05:41PM Feb 8, 2013

Wow, a lot happened while I was gone. Keep in mind, those that are voting Spid, that he could also be the seer and trying to tell us that PYTHON is a wolf. Doesn't have to be true, just a possibility. (Sorry if I blew your cover!) I really don't think either of them is a wolf. I'm going to stay with my vote for now.

"I'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change, but til I try I'll never know." -Wicked
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 05:43PM Feb 8, 2013

My power was cut, but we're back!

I wouldn't eat Harry, especially after the eatings in Harry's last game. I think Dan is human.

I will follow his vote, just because right now I don't have time to read all the posts, and I don't know for sure if I can get on this round!
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 05:44PM Feb 8, 2013

I am hurt that The Spider didn't put me in his small group! Just kidding. I find the conversation thread very uncomfortable this round - not kidding.

We all have reasons for voting the way we do, just like I feel sorry for voting Jeminy last round - but like Cat said. First round votes are not fun. It is just a game. Can we try and keep it that way? For the record, I have played a few games with Spider and I have learned to never try to determine his motivation without at least three rounds of dialogue. As an example, he says he would not eat Harry first round, but then he did just that last game??? And he learned from that, so he wouldn't do it two games in a row?? Confused? I usually am when I try to out guess him, so I just wait.

I am going to read harry's death as follows: Even though some of us hinted we would change our votes, he was the first to do so. I think the wolves did not like him "stirring things up". There might be more, there might not - but it doesn't matter because this is a new game.

Putting strictly an SPV on buu for now.
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 05:53PM Feb 8, 2013

SPV on snowy. Might change later.

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 05:58PM Feb 8, 2013

This would have to be my strategy as a wolf

-Dig up a random suspicioun at the end of round 1 and decide to carry it through to round 2. Eat the very same player I ate in Rd 1 of last game as some sort of bluff to point to. Even though that is the first time I ate an active this early in a very very long time (and killing the same player in Round 1 twice is objectively lame and unsportsmanlike). I would then get extremely 'antagonistic' in a group of players I am less familiar with and who are quite frankly more prone to react negatively to aggressive behavoir. In addition to that, I would have elected to eat Harry, one of the very few players who knows I typically play agressively and would be less inclined to suspect me. If I was a wolf, this would be the all time dumbest strategy possible. I'm not saying Im cleared, but as a round 2 shot (which I dont think im in danger of) this is a really bad idea.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 18:04:31---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
kitty-cattus


Posted: 05:59PM Feb 8, 2013

I may or may not be on by the end of the round. Definitely won't be on much tomorrow. So, I'm just going to keep my vote. I agree with scrub that these posts are slightly uncomfortable.

"I'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change, but til I try I'll never know." -Wicked
Back to Top 
EliosAus


Posted: 06:53PM Feb 8, 2013

I'm not gonna touch the thread of conversation (in large part because I don't follow most of it ).

I'm pretty sure I read in there somewhere about not liking to eat good, active players when one is a Wolf, and I agree with that. This game is pretty much all good, active players, though, and knowing that the Wolves can converse with each other, I don't think much can be gleaned from the eatings (at least, not yet). There are just too many possible twists.

I'm going to make a SPV for someone previously unvoted for. I'll likely be back before the end of the round, though, in case there are any new developments.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 18:53:56---

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." - Chesterton
Back to Top 
catmandonAus


Posted: 07:43PM Feb 8, 2013

Making my SPV

Back at you Kitty Kat..


The early bird gets the worm,but the second rat gets the cheese..
Back to Top 
JJPutztus


Posted: 08:13PM Feb 8, 2013

1-2 feet of snow! What fun!

To quote Kobe Bryant when he hits a 3-pointer: "Kobe"
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:21PM Feb 8, 2013

21kaldridge21 voted for The_Spider
asteroidbelt voted for The_Spider

catmandon voted for kitty-cat
Elios voted for Izzie
GreenApples27 voted for 21kaldridge21
JJPutz voted for The_Spider
JQPublic voted for snowmonster
kitty-cat voted for catmandon
Longhorn_fan voted for asteroidbelt
PYTHON voted for PYTHON
scrub88 voted for buu441
The_Spider voted for 21kaldridge21
Werdna voted for Blackest_Red

Thanks asteroid, for making it even more obvious I'm human

The only reason to vote me is rather than reach the obvious conclusion, you choose to believe some masterfully crafted conspiracy theory that involves me doing the exact opposite of how I ever acted as a wolf. Apparantly my entire career of playing has been just a setup so that once Sleepness Nights 12 came around I could launch my big surprise If you need me to enumerate all the reasons I'm a bad vote I will, but what wolf would ever put himself in this situation so quickly

I think Kal and Python are decent votes, but Im def game for Asteroid, joining a majority without posting should be viewed as about the most grievous sin possible.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 20:52:43---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
21kaldridge21Aus


Posted: 09:16PM Feb 8, 2013

I don't like seeing someone that maybe human get shot just because of 1 little post. This has happened to me in several games I would post something and 1 person would find something wrong in that one post and everyone jump on that and shot me when I was human.

And the thing with python defending himself, are you not defending yourself now so that must not be that bad of a thing to do and I bet everyone on here has tryed to defend themselves in a game.


I'm back
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 09:25PM Feb 8, 2013

I called Pythons defense bizzare, I never suspected him simply for defending himself, I never did anything close to that so we can disregard the entire 2nd half of your post

"one little post" is all it takes sometimes for wolf or human to get shot. And all I did was voice my suspicoun, which believe it or not is TOTALLY the point of the game. There is a myriad of evidence indicating I am human, but you choose to ignore it...why?


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 21:56:33---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Izzie*


Posted: 09:34PM Feb 8, 2013

long day today with the "giant" storm and all and there is so much to read.
i'll take a better look in the morning and vote then


˙ǝızzı(p) ¿y ahora? the new refrigerator came. If you need me, i will be playing in the box.
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 09:41PM Feb 8, 2013

You guys having fun back east. Send some of that snow our way! Changing vote to blackest.
Back to Top 
snowmonsterAus


Posted: 09:53PM Feb 8, 2013

I'll be SPVing this round for buu441. Will not join in on any majority this round. Too early for that. I kinda feel we've somewhat wasted this round discussing PYTHON and Spiders chances of being wolves. . . . I mean, are they both wolves and willing to sacrifice one to make the other look human? I seriously doubt this, but. . . . I've seen this done before. The other thought is that they are both human, and, well. . . . . this doesn't help anyone except the wolves. If this is the case, the wolves loved this round.

For those effected by this latest storm - I hope you are safe, keep your power, etc.


Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 09:57PM Feb 8, 2013

There's 15 hours left and plenty to decide, a little early to be chalking up a round as wasted

---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 22:02:12---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
snowmonsterAus


Posted: 10:06PM Feb 8, 2013

I don't think so. Here, it's night time, and at least the next 8 to 10 hours there won't be much action in the game. As for after that, it's the weekend. . . . and these games slow down tremendously on weekends. Everyone knows that. So, if anything was to be accomplished, it would have been within the last 10+ hours. This is how I look at it, and I have that right.

Take all sorrow out of life and you take away all richness, and depth, and tenderness. The capacity of sorrow belongs to our grandeur. It is the furnace that melts hearts together in love. In loving memory of my dear friend Guy - take care Goobs . .
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 10:31PM Feb 8, 2013

asteroid's vote for Spider is ridiculous? Where is his post?

I am changing to asteroid and let's go for a majority. Not only do I think Spider is human, but non-posters just annoy the heck out of me.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:33PM Feb 8, 2013

THANK YOU GREEN

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 10:34PM Feb 8, 2013

Wow lots of posts. I read most but I think peeps are reading too much into Spider. I have played many games with him and he is just being himself. He gets into the point and will throw back almost immediately....but he helps to bring out people and make them talk. Many of wolves have been found by commenting on his and another players back and fourths.

Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:42PM Feb 8, 2013

Thank you too

I mean in addition to all the other things Ive mentioned, the two players who know me best think I'm human, I don't know what else I really can add to the pile, the person I'm tied with didnt even post, this should be an easy choice


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 10:46PM Feb 8, 2013

Sorry I haven't been more active, everyone! I believe when you join a game you should be ready to play & honestly, I'm not ready ^_^; But I will try my best to catch up.

scrub88 wrote:
I find the conversation thread very uncomfortable this round - not kidding.


I agree - Strategies can change and cliques shouldn't have any place within a larger game. This is a sleepless night game, meaning the wolves can talk to each other... meaning there's a new (temporary) clique in town that trumps all other prior friendships; at least I hope it does.

That being said, I unfortunately wasn't more active last round but I'm not a fan of how it went down. We had absolutely nothing to go off of, so the majorities created where merely out of boredom; not a great way to play the game, imo.

The convoluted conversation above has left me a bit confused as to whom I suspect. There were actual valid points but not enough for me to go off on. I was going to vote PYTHON and then 21Kal and then Asteroid due to inactivity, but I too am fairly inactive this game. I then thought maybe I just shouldn't vote at all. But, I believe in the SPV system so instead I shall vote for Elios since she doesn't have any votes on her; I hope this will be taken as a sign to look beyond friends (& not be blinded by loyalty), as she is my dear sister & roommate IRL ^_^.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-08 22:47:53---
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 11:06PM Feb 8, 2013

This has and never had anything to do with cliques...I wouldnt eat Harry, or Green, or Snow, or if she was in the game Bradon in round one (typically as last game proved there are exceptions). I want good competitive players around that make the game more enjoyable and more challenging, I dont care what 'group' they belong to. And yous have the correlation backwards, they are part of 'my group' to begin with because they are these type of players.

Notwithstanding there was CERTAINLY justification for voting Jem last round, I don't understand this pass the buck mentality in this group. Whether or not you asked for it, you have a choice in front of you, me who has and is willing to once again give you reasons why I am human, versus a person who joined a majority without a word (pretty much the cardinal sin in wwg). What rules says you cant make a majority in Round 2, there is nothing to go off? Well there certainly has been much said and certainly a lot to go off of now. This really isn't a hard choice, there are such things as sins of omission.

If I get shot its for no other reason that I was too antogonistic and its partly out of spite, cause all logic dictates I am a poor shot this round. I hesitated to post this, but I would kick myself if I missed anychance to get myself out of this mysterious tie.

Asteroid is the right vote here, SPVing doesn't exempt your from the decision, it just means you allowed a bad decision to go down. The easiest way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Izzie*


Posted: 11:14PM Feb 8, 2013

voting with no post also annoys me.
i will vote astroid for now.
could possibly change that vote later.


˙ǝızzı(p) ¿y ahora? the new refrigerator came. If you need me, i will be playing in the box.
Back to Top 
Blackest_Red*


Posted: 11:23PM Feb 8, 2013

SPVing. SO much has gone on this round. I've never played with Spider, not that I recall anyway. I have played with Python and I don't think that he is acting wolfish at all.
I also don't think that it's wolfish of me to not just throw a vote out there when somethimes I would like to see what other people are thinking before I do.
Back to Top 
buu441Ain


Posted: 12:25AM Feb 9, 2013

am SPV'ing. not exactly random vote though. making it a 3 way tie again between spider, blackest red and asteroid belt.

Leo: Hold on. This is gonna hurt. Coach Hedge: I was BORN for HURT!!
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 03:58AM Feb 9, 2013

Nope, asteroidbelt has 4 votes, so it's not a tie.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 04:49AM Feb 9, 2013

I dont really think BR is as good choice as asteroid (by a good amount) BR lets help eachother out, vote Asteroid, and me and my "clique" wont be forced to consider voting you

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
GreenApples27*nz


Posted: 04:53AM Feb 9, 2013

The entire mention of the "clique" is just ridiculous. It's not as if I am sworn against voting for Spider because I play with him often? The only thing it means is that I have played with him a lot more than many people here so I am on average a better judge of his character.

Anyway, I am tired and I'm going to sleep. Don't vote Spider. Goodnight.
Back to Top 
WerdnaAen


Posted: 06:33AM Feb 9, 2013

Switching to asteroid for not posting. That's criminal. Defeats the point of the game.
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 08:00AM Feb 9, 2013

I think that what goes on in all previous games, should bear no relevance to this one. If you are a wolf you should not avoid eating someone just because you are friends with them or play with them often. It should be tactical. It is not fair to vote or eat someone just because you don't really know them and want to keep your buddies in the game for as long as possible. People playing as wolves, tell lies in the game to survive. They try to use past games and performances as some form of proof that they are not wolves now. It means nothing. There is continual reference this round to a past game that I and others did not play in, so why should we accept it as some method to clear people who did play in it?

Spidy you can play as aggressively as you want, don't expect me or anyone else to react anything but negatively to it.


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:05AM Feb 9, 2013

We've said this like TWELVE FREAKING TIMES, it has nothing to do with being buddies, HOW MANY DAMN TIMES DOES IT NEED TO BE SAID, GOOD LORD


Actually plenty of people react positively to it, those are the people who realize it's a role playing game with a fun little edge to it., in which there are 4 liars much more easily exposed by probing exchanges then by polite conversation and mutually agreed upon ties... and those are the same people who dont hear something said twelve times and still don't understand

all I did was state an honest suspicoun, you reacted by borderline sulking and literally writing the round off..ok one vote you guys might as well shoot me, that's quitting, The majority of abuse is coming at me, not from me but because I post more and defend myself, Im the bad guy. I can tone down the posting next round (as a means of simplifying the game, but you guys read what you want to read from my posts, like I'm some sort of hollering ogre, when for the most part all I've done is defend myself )

And if you are not using past games as evidence for who might be a wolf, you are not playing wwg correctly


---This message was edited on 2013-02-09 08:49:16---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 08:15AM Feb 9, 2013

Morning all.

I mentioned this earlier but will mention again.

In sleepless nights cleared humans get invited to a seer TB.
This is essential knowledge as eventually it can overun the wolf box. IF we have a strong seer who divines key players there starts to form a small group of people who become informed of others identies and can protect each other.

I initially voted asteroid this round due to the lack of participation on their part.
The way I see it the seer would not divine someone so inactive in round one so even if they are human their contribution to the game is minimal at best.

Just pray they are not the seer.


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 09:16AM Feb 9, 2013

PYTHON: you have no reason to vote yourself. Yours is the ONLY vote on you.
You have a responsibility to help your fellow humans.
A basically inactive player ie, one who does not post to help the game conversation has no place in a game as they are not contributing their thoughts or ideas.

Just my option.

Sorry for the double. It was a desperate thought


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 09:21AM Feb 9, 2013

If it has nothing to do with being buddies Spidy, then why say you wouldn't eat certain players in round 1?? Because you think they would make for a better game than other people? Seems like you're the one getting all upset now. I didn't vote for myself just because I had one vote on me. I did so because I saw what was happening, you trying to get me shot for no reason. I have been voted for/shot/eaten many times before and it hasn't bothered me. Its usually just players who think they are always right, trying lead everyone else down the wrong path because they are on an ego trip.
Stop trying to be the victim Spidy, you talked yourself into all of this. Perhaps you should accept that your methods aren't to everyone's tastes, and not blame them for that.


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 09:28AM Feb 9, 2013

If Asteroid isn't contributing much in the game, he/she probably won't be much help to the Seer in the talkbox either.

How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 09:30AM Feb 9, 2013

I'm not getting upset at all, I'm getting annoyed that I have to continually repeat myself, because you dont listen, you make up your own interpretation of what im saying to fit your agenda of making me look bad at all costs

As I said, I will not eat players (almost always) that improve the overall quality of the game, doesnt matter if it's the 3rd time I played with them or the 300th. I've had some run ins with ICU and I would hardly call her my "buddy" but will outright refuse to eat her in Round 1. You want to extend "buddies" to be this all inclusive term because you realize your argument holds no water and you damn well arnt gonna let Spider get the last word

Again, I stated a suspicioun for you, how is that "forcing other players to shoot you" You were the one who got all whiney cause I had the audacity to say I suspected you, what exactly is setting you over the edge, that I used in my suspicoun, was that the final straw?? Name me one post where I said GUYS YOU HAVE TO SHOOT PYTHON OR I'M GONNA HURT YOU

Maybe you should actualy read what I wrote instead of getting on your soapbox because you got your feelings hurt for no real reason, I suspected you, I posted it, get over it

If I was so bad as you say, and my argument was weak, than you would have had nothing to worry about, so why were you so worried?


---This message was edited on 2013-02-09 09:33:06---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 09:34AM Feb 9, 2013

PYTHON wrote:
If Asteroid isn't contributing much in the game, he/she probably won't be much help to the Seer in the talkbox either.


Exactly....but at same time I do not see them as a player the seer would divine.

Like I said IF we have a good seer they will divine strong players....not weak ones.


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 09:42AM Feb 9, 2013

It might help me to read your posts if you could actually make a half decent attempt to spell.
You have been guilty of not reading posts yourself, so stop being so hypocritical.
My argument holds no water? Thats very original. Thats what I was complaining about yours for.
You do not have to threaten anyone to vote for someone, you only have to influence them. Like I said very early on, if you can do that, then well done.
I am not trying to make you look bad, you can do that for yourself. After all, its something that you were trying to do with me which kicked this all off. Remember???
Is that what this is all about now? Spidy having to get the last post?


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 09:43AM Feb 9, 2013

You know Im off to the gym, I challenge you to go back through my posts and higlight all the horrible things I am being sanctimoniously lectured about...I just did it, there is barely anything

bbl

EDIT: I don't care about spelling, I read people's post for what they mean to say, not for what there fingers did while typing typo whiners are the worst (you can include that in the highlights if you wish )


---This message was edited on 2013-02-09 09:44:25---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 09:45AM Feb 9, 2013

Then voting for someone who doesn't contribute much, instead of someone who is inactive, is not a good idea either Longhorn.

How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 09:51AM Feb 9, 2013

Never at fault, never to blame. What a wonderful little world you live in Spidy!
Your own posts are far from being pleasant.
Its more about your attitude...
Just a thought, if you can't read someone's post, how are you expected to fully understand it?


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 09:51AM Feb 9, 2013

PYTHON wrote:
Then voting for someone who doesn't contribute much, instead of someone who is inactive, is not a good idea either Longhorn.

How do you figure?
If a non contributor is the seer there is a fair to good chance they will not come out with their divinations.
If they are human they are not helping to find wolves by posting their ideas of who they could be, and why.
If they are a wolf....well a silent wolf is like a silent fart.......DEADLY


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 10:11AM Feb 9, 2013

I was meaning that although dead, (but in the Seer's TB), an active player can help the Seer by putting forward his or her thoughts and suspicions, someone who doesn't contribute much in the game probably won't be any help to the Seer either.
Shooting an inactive at least clears that inactive of being a wolf, and means the wolves don't have to drag the night rounds out, to make that inactive look suspicious. Again, they are of little or no help in the Seer's TB.


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 10:15AM Feb 9, 2013

The only thing about them being seer in this game is the benifit of the seer TB and the use of false seer claims.

I just do not see asteroid being seer though. They have only played 3 games and generally speaking newer players who have a special role like seer would be more active....I may be wring but that is just my view.

Asteroid might very well just be a human and was bored with the role but I would rather shoot them over any player I am fairly certain is human.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-09 10:16:38---

Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 10:18AM Feb 9, 2013

PYTHON wrote:
I was meaning that although dead, (but in the Seer's TB), an active player can help the Seer by putting forward his or her thoughts and suspicions, someone who doesn't contribute much in the game probably won't be any help to the Seer either.
Shooting an inactive at least clears that inactive of being a wolf, and means the wolves don't have to drag the night rounds out, to make that inactive look suspicious. Again, they are of little or no help in the Seer's TB.


Exactly...but in the case of asteroid they are practically inactive, so really no help anywhere.


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
buu441Ain


Posted: 10:26AM Feb 9, 2013

wow. thats a long discussion after my last post. didnt bother reading more than 4/5th of it. i will let my vote stay where it is.

Leo: Hold on. This is gonna hurt. Coach Hedge: I was BORN for HURT!!
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 10:56AM Feb 9, 2013

Is Asteroid the most inactive, or the only inactive in the game so far Longhorn? I haven't really been following it...

How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 11:13AM Feb 9, 2013

PYTHON wrote:
Never at fault, never to blame. What a wonderful little world you live in Spidy!
Your own posts are far from being pleasant.
Its more about your attitude...
Just a thought, if you can't read someone's post, how are you expected to fully understand it?


What are you even talking about, I read every single post, you just say things without backup and hope they stick. I asked you to cite this myriad of horrible things I said, you just repeated the same general complaints. I have no problem admitting my faults nor when I mess up, thats another baseless assumption you made. I cited several mistakes I made in games that are finished and are finishing soon

You're no different then me, but while I can have fun and acknowledge a little bit of chip on my shoulder sometimes, you are just a pretentious holy than thou bore. You're just as full of yourself as you claim I am, except I don't walk around lecturing people on how to behave. This all started because I had the unprecendented audaity to suspect YOU , yeah but God forbid you be called arrogant and self important . Ive seen you in two games, one you were a human shot for saying nary a word, and another for giving the same Soapbox lecture to chunnie, maybe take a look at your own posts before you go handing out life lessons buddy

You're right though I guess it WAS my fault for starting this, how dare I suspect you and get called as good as a wolf for it, what was I thinking, thnking I could get away with trying to make a guess at who a wolf is


---This message was edited on 2013-02-09 11:40:37---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 11:18AM Feb 9, 2013

OK.....honestly guys....I think you both made your points.
Let us drop the insult compition and shoot some wolves!
Neither of you are getting shot this round and I think it is safe to assume you are both human.
A wolf would just be stupid to draw that much attention to them self.


Unless they are taking a giant risk in thinking along those lines, but I doubt it....espically with the knowledge I have of playing with the both of you before.


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 11:37AM Feb 9, 2013

This is not fun. Changing my vote again. I hope this stops and we cam hunt wolves next round. If not, just shoot me next round.
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 11:48AM Feb 9, 2013

Since you mentioned Chunnie, I have to say I got similar vibes from him as I do from you. Always plenty to say, whether its warranted or not. Go back and check that game out again. I picked holes in Chunnie's defense and suspected him as being a wolf. Unfortunately most people took his word over mine and the wolves won that game. (Chunnie was one of them). He then came on after the game mouthing off about how good he is.
I haven't been walking around lecturing anyone. The only person that I have been 'chatting' to is you, for the already mentioned reasons. I don't recall too many games where I have been talking myself up the way have been doing.
I won't be reading over all of that again and doing anything on your say so Spidy. I don't take orders from you.
Oh so it was a guess now was it? You seemed more confident that I was a wolf earlier. You are only backing down now because you know this has got a bit out of hand.
I didn't try to maker you out to be a wolf. I just highlighted that your suspicions of me were unfounded.
Talking a lot doesn't mean that you are not a bore. You seem oblivious to all of the insults you have been firing in my direction.


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 11:50AM Feb 9, 2013

Longhorn_fan wrote:
OK.....honestly guys....I think you both made your points.
Let us drop the insult compition and shoot some wolves!
Neither of you are getting shot this round and I think it is safe to assume you are both human.
A wolf would just be stupid to draw that much attention to them self.


Unless they are taking a giant risk in thinking along those lines, but I doubt it....espically with the knowledge I have of playing with the both of you before.




I think I tried to use that argument in my defense to Spidy but he didn't seem to understand it.


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
PYTHON*


Posted: 11:53AM Feb 9, 2013

Having just read Scrub's post, I just want to say sorry to all of the other players in this game who have got caught up in this battle between Spidy and myself. I want you all to vote for me now or if not could the wolves eat me tonight so I can leave the rest of you to get on with the game.


Sorry again guys.


How many accounts do you have on Braingle?
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 12:31PM Feb 9, 2013

Python is right - but I can't vote to shoot him. Leave that to the wolves. Feeling good about LH. Not sure about Spidey, but only because he continually surprises me and leaves me guessing. I am changing back to blackest red because I want the record to show my suspicion of her. I know she answered the post about not voting the first time, but I still think that it is better to get your SPV in to protect the seer and then change it rather than wait for others. I think this is how wolves play. They add on. Can't say about asteroid as I don't remember playing with her - so I don't know her style of play. It could be that she has no suspicions yet because it is early in the game. And she doesn't want to say anything. For the record, I agree with those of you singling her out.

---This message was edited on 2013-02-09 12:37:36---
Back to Top 
RhythmicAus


Posted: 06:41PM Feb 9, 2013

Night posting

asteroidbelt was human


"For me, the saxophone is a way of expression" - Kenneth Thomson
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : AgathaPerch 

Online Now: 7 users and 704 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account