Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2877

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by DrizztGirl. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 10 rounds.

Discussion of Round #1

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

AuthorMessage
asteroidbelt


Posted: 09:08AM Feb 24, 2013

1. This round we are playing a little game. Beginning with this post, number all posts at the beginning. I have prepicked a number between 2 and 30. If you reach this number, the person who gets the post will win a clue. It will be a secret clue, and I will not be saying who got it. If it is a wolf, it will be a seer clue, if it is a human it will be a wolf clue. If I post on it, then no one gets a clue. Remember, no double posting. If someone does double post, then ignore the second one and continue counting after the first. Good luck!

I have decided that the wolves should have a talkbox. Wolves, please accept the invitation.

*what does spv mean?


---This message was edited on 2013-02-24 10:51:24---
Back to Top 
Thekid4t


Posted: 09:55AM Feb 24, 2013

2. SPV

---This message was edited on 2013-02-24 10:41:24---

Who needs a witty signature anyway?
Back to Top 
princess2007A


Posted: 10:07AM Feb 24, 2013

3. SPV for whoever's below me! Glad this started.

---This message was edited on 2013-02-24 10:41:45---

A king that is conquered must see strange looks. So bitter a thing is the heart of man.
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 10:45AM Feb 24, 2013

4. Clearing Clue: March 3 in Ohio.
Added: Adults like to play with dress up clothes and get together with other dressed up adults in Columbus.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-24 22:22:46---
Back to Top 
asteroidbelt


Posted: 11:21AM Feb 24, 2013

5. SPV FatHead.
Back to Top 
Thekid4t


Posted: 11:54AM Feb 24, 2013

6. Do our posts have to be relevant to the game?

Who needs a witty signature anyway?
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 12:06PM Feb 24, 2013

Starting now they do. You have a clearing clue. If I decide that a post after this one is not relevant, I will say so and you will have to start from there.
Edit: and I'm also not going to add to the posts now. So this means that I am the only one who does not number my posts.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-24 12:07:51---
Back to Top 
asteroidbelt


Posted: 02:45PM Feb 24, 2013

7. Something I have noticed is that braingle01 is always active in games, but never ever posts. NEVER.
She votes, though.
I know Rhythmic is in Ohio, doesn't really do anything though.
Back to Top 
bababawhompAus


Posted: 03:38PM Feb 24, 2013

8. I'm not sure what the clearing clue means, but I noticed that March 3 is a week from today. Any ideas?
Back to Top 
EliosAus


Posted: 03:48PM Feb 24, 2013

9.
DrizztGirl wrote:
*what does spv mean?
"Seer Protection Vote" (a vote to help disguise the Seer).

@ braingle01: Yeah, she is Active. And she also frequently reads along with the games. The reason that she doesn't post is that she's nervous her ideas won't be any good. Hopefully she'll gain confidence and chime some day, though.

Not sure about the clue, either. For now I'll go place an SPV on an Inactive player (if there are any).

Edit to add: Ok, voted for vernon because he's not been on Braingle for 6 days. If he's a wolf and doesn't come back, that could make for some very long nights.....

Edit again to fix the quote - sorry!


---This message was edited on 2013-02-24 16:54:36---

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." - Chesterton
Back to Top 
asteroidbelt


Posted: 04:14PM Feb 24, 2013

10.
I will vote for vernon also.
And Elios, make sure that it says that DrizztGirl said that next time. Please.
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 04:35PM Feb 24, 2013

11. I too will SPV for Vernon due to inactivity.

I did a quick Google search for March 3rd in Ohio - There's racing (Arnold 5K Pump & Run, Lifetime Indoor Triathlon, Mill Creek 5K) and a Sacred Harp Singing convention ( 20th Annual Ohio State Convention)... Weather preparedness week starts March 3rd.... Edward Tiffin was the Governor in Ohio in 1803 and took office March 3rd... last year there was a tornado outbreak...

I'm going to guess it has something directly related to our players (I was thinking a "7 Degrees of Kevin Bacon" type scenario. Ex:Say we have an Edward4eva in the game, then maybe Edward Tiffin would point towards him/her). Going through for start dates & birthdays (that's the only place March would come up) FatHead started March 30th (He's from Utah though)....

Perhaps it's the median between the start date and birth date of a player? (Not all players list their bithdate though). I don't have time do go through all that (esp on just a whim) but that's about all I got, as far as clearing theories...
Back to Top 
EliosAus


Posted: 04:53PM Feb 24, 2013

12.
asteroidbelt wrote:
And Elios, make sure that it says that DrizztGirl said that next time. Please.
Oh, I'm so so sorry!!! I didn't pay attention to who said it, and didn't realize it was a RFM post. I'll go back and fix it. Won't happen again!

Clearing clues don't help as much as clues that point to a Wolf. (Deck is really stacked in their favor this game...) If we clear someone, that person is going to be wolf chow that night. The most it can do for us is save a bullet, but we're likely to hit a Human anyway.


"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." - Chesterton
Back to Top 
blp2120us


Posted: 05:12PM Feb 24, 2013

I vote Vernon
Back to Top 
princess2007A


Posted: 05:16PM Feb 24, 2013

14. Hmm.. @yuffie-nice try with the clue. I'll see if I can find something more.
@Elios- Clearing clues help us know a confirmed human. While I agree that wolf clues are far more helpful, clearing clues don't just save a bullet. They help us pinpoint one person whose suspicions can be relied upon and acted upon. Especially later in the game, this becomes pretty useful. Just my opinion though.

I think voting vernon is a good idea but I'll keep my vote for now so that the round doesn't end before everyone has a chance to get on.

Off to google!

Edit: @blp- We posted at the same time! But please, number your post as 13.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-24 17:26:25---

A king that is conquered must see strange looks. So bitter a thing is the heart of man.
Back to Top 
Spikeman*bs


Posted: 07:42PM Feb 24, 2013

15.Well I'm going to go with majority.

EDIT: Sorry changed my post to fifteen.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-24 19:47:38---
Back to Top 
EliosAus


Posted: 07:45PM Feb 24, 2013

16.
princess2007 wrote:
Clearing clues help us know a confirmed human. ... They help us pinpoint one person whose suspicions can be relied upon and acted upon. Especially later in the game, this becomes pretty useful. Just my opinion though.
Ideally, you're right. But the Wolves wouldn't (or shouldn't) leave a cleared Human alive; that's one less person for them to hide behind.

I do agree with you that they're not completely useless. We can use them to be absolutely sure of someone's word. Plus there is the bonus that we blocked the Wolves from getting a Seer clue.

Since we already won the clue, do we really need to keep numbering our posts...?

Edit to change my number to 16


---This message was edited on 2013-02-24 19:46:04---

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." - Chesterton
Back to Top 
kmrutledgetth


Posted: 08:01PM Feb 24, 2013

17. I am gonna join the majority on vernon. Could MArch 3 possibly be someone's bday?

---This message was edited on 2013-02-24 20:02:02---

The faster I type in my password, the more secret agent-y I feel.
Back to Top 
asteroidbelt


Posted: 09:00PM Feb 24, 2013

18.
@Elios Thanks!
March 3 isn't my birthday. Just saying.
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 10:19PM Feb 24, 2013

This is not the clue you will win. The person with the post that I prechoose the number to will get the clue and choose to either share it or keep it to themselves. This is a clue I gave because I wanted you guys to focus on something. It's not a wolf clue because wolf clues must be earned in my games. And Elios, I will believe that Braingle01 is active if she decides to post. Even if it is just to say hi. That doesn't take too much courage, huh? (not trying to sound mean, but more like a joking thing.)

Edit: I also added to the clue.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-24 22:21:57---
Back to Top 
asteroidbelt


Posted: 10:27PM Feb 24, 2013

19. Does it count as a double post if you post between 2 posts by the same person?
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 10:50PM Feb 24, 2013

I'm assuming you mean like what you did? No. You are fine.
Back to Top 
bababawhompAus


Posted: 11:04PM Feb 24, 2013

20. Columbus Ohio is having a pageant on march 3rd. I doubt that's what DrizztGirl is referring to... especially since it is for ages 3-26... but still, just pointing it out.
Back to Top 
xkiller20297*in


Posted: 01:09AM Feb 25, 2013

21. can i ask why everyone is voting for vernon ? i m new to this game and have no experience to figure out who a werewolf is? can u help me out?

---This message was edited on 2013-02-25 01:22:32---
Back to Top 
bababawhompAus


Posted: 01:17AM Feb 25, 2013

22. First, xkiller you need to number the posts because our Mod (DrizztGirl) said so. So yours should have the number 21 at the beginning. We are voting for Vernon because he has been inactive. As for figuring out the werewolf... that just takes time... hopefully.
Back to Top 
xkiller20297*in


Posted: 01:27AM Feb 25, 2013

bababawhomp wrote:
22. First, xkiller you need to number the posts because our Mod (DrizztGirl) said so. So yours should have the number 21 at the beginning. We are voting for Vernon because he has been inactive. As for figuring out the werewolf... that just takes time... hopefully.

23. thnks bababawhomp but how do u know tht he has been inactive? did u come to kno because he dont discuss?


---This message was edited on 2013-02-25 22:44:53---
Back to Top 
bababawhompAus


Posted: 01:42AM Feb 25, 2013

24. So basically, you just look at his profile. It'll tell you the last time he was online.
Back to Top 
Spikeman*bs


Posted: 04:53AM Feb 25, 2013

25. That's Right!
Back to Top 
princess2007A


Posted: 06:22AM Feb 25, 2013

26. Ok. Good activity here but first things first. I don't want to lose the chance to get a clue.

@blp- Number your post as 13.

@xkiller- Number your second post as 23.

@elios- Yeah. I agree about that. The wolves wouldn't keep them alive very long.

Now I'll work on the clue with the added info and change my vote to vernon.


A king that is conquered must see strange looks. So bitter a thing is the heart of man.
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 06:29AM Feb 25, 2013

bababawhomp wrote:
20. Columbus Ohio is having a pageant on march 3rd. I doubt that's what DrizztGirl is referring to... especially since it is for ages 3-26... but still, just pointing it out.

Closest to the clue so far.

The secret clue has been earned so you do not have to keep numbering your posts. I will not say who earned it.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-25 06:32:41---
Back to Top 
EliosAus


Posted: 08:21AM Feb 25, 2013

DrizztGirl wrote:
This is a clue I gave because I wanted you guys to focus on something. It's not a wolf clue because wolf clues must be earned in my games.
Ah I see. I totally agree on the earning clues thing, too. Thanks for the clarification!

DrizztGirl wrote:
And Elios, I will believe that Braingle01 is active if she decides to post. Even if it is just to say hi. That doesn't take too much courage, huh?
No, you're right, it doesn't. And I've tried to urge her to talk in games - she's very smart and does have good ideas! But now she's known as a "troll" because she doesn't post, and many people say rather harsh things about her in-game. But, maybe if she gets a personal invite from the Mod, she'll feel more welcomed? (As far as I know, no one has ever tried. )

Ooh, March 3rd there must be a convention: anime, sci-fi, etc. I'll start poking around! ^^

Edit to add: Yep, the Buckeye Comic Con is being held this year on March 3rd in Columbus. So... comic books? I'll do a little more poking.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-25 08:25:57---

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." - Chesterton
Back to Top 
Thekid4t


Posted: 08:27AM Feb 25, 2013

The clearing clue clears vernon13x. Actually, I'm not 100% sure, but I googled "Columbus, Ohio pageant march third" and something came up with the word "vernon" in it. Don't shoot vernon, even if he is inactive, because the clearing clue may point to him. DrizztGirl, will you tell me if I'm right or not?

---This message was edited on 2013-02-25 08:29:10---

Who needs a witty signature anyway?
Back to Top 
EliosAus


Posted: 08:40AM Feb 25, 2013

Can you be more specific about this 'Vernon' thing? Was it also a pageant where adults dress up with each other in Columbus, OH?

I used your exact search string and I'm not seeing anything with Vernon....

Edit to add: Oh, and I looked through all of the players and I'm not seeing anyone who says they like comic books. Yuffie & I go to anime conventions in cosplay all the time, but we don't specifically go to comic book conventions, nor do we live in OH. xD


---This message was edited on 2013-02-25 08:41:38---

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." - Chesterton
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 09:55AM Feb 25, 2013

Wrong Kid. And I will send her a message.
Back to Top 
EliosAus


Posted: 10:06AM Feb 25, 2013

DrizztGirl wrote:
I will send her a message.
Thanks! It's at least worth a try.

And also thank you for verifying if we get the clue right or not. Will you also let us know the identities of the players we shoot, and if the Seer gets eaten?

I'm really hoping a Human got the Wolf clue. I know DrizztGirl said the winner doesn't have to share the clue, but I can't see a reason why a Human wouldn't want to share it with us... Fear of reprisal from the Wolves?


"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." - Chesterton
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 10:24AM Feb 25, 2013

I will let you know who you shoot.
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 11:01AM Feb 25, 2013

The clue sounds more like a LARP or Anime convention than a pageant - Pageants aren't really considered "Dress up" in my opinion because only the contestants dress in clothes - the clue sounds more like everyone is invited to dress up.

I use animecons.com to find the conventions I want to go to and there's not one March 3rd. (There's a March 23rd in Bowling Green and then one in Columbus in August)... there's a comic book convention March 17th...

We've already tried matching the Date with the players, so by deducing the extended clue to mean a convention, I can only assume either the title of the convention points to a player or the idea of anime/comic/Sci Fi does. SO...

Elios and Yuffie regularly attend such conventions
EDIT: I had Spikeman pointing to Spike Lee but I was thinking of Stan Lee so nevermind

That's all I got though XD

Again, I googled Columbus Ohio convention March 3rd & got Ohio State Sacred Harp Singing Convention: Sacred Harp singing is traditional religious folk music sung a cappella (no instruments) in four parts from The Sacred Harp, a tunebook printed in shape notes.

I'm at work & can't really concentrate too much on the clue, but I do agree with Elios:

A clearing clue is helpful in that we know we can solely trust said player, but as soon as that player is cleared, they are dog food. The wolves can eat any human, but will focus on the Seer and cleared humans b/c they can slide the suspicion over to a human player, if that player has already been cleared. So, I think it would be more helpful for us humans to try to match the clearing clue to the player in question: i.e. Vernon13x. If the clue clears him, we know not to shoot him. If the clue does NOT clear him, then we are back to square one.

Vernon - lives in Germany, joined March 12th, 2010, last login-in was a week ago & hasn't listed any interests/hobbies. I highly doubt the clue in Columbus, OH points towards Vernon therefore, I think he's the best decision because we have nothing to go on at this point and he's inactive, so he's not adding anything to the game. True, there are other inactives, but he hasn't even logged in for 7 days. If he's a wolf, he will extend the nights b/c he won't vote and if he's human, he will hinder our clue-earning based on posts.

DrizztGirl wrote:
This is a clue I gave because I wanted you guys to focus on something. It's not a wolf clue because wolf clues must be earned in my games.


This is a free clue, which is appreciated, but I think we should focus on the clue that was given at random to a player - I don't see any reason to hide the clue from the rest of us, so if you were PM'd a clue, please share!


---This message was edited on 2013-02-25 11:02:49---
Back to Top 
FatHeadA


Posted: 11:11AM Feb 25, 2013

asteroidbelt wrote:
1. This round we are playing a little game. Beginning with this post, number all posts at the beginning. I have prepicked a number between 2 and 30. If you reach this number, the person who gets the post will win a clue. It will be a secret clue, and I will not be saying who got it. If it is a wolf, it will be a seer clue, if it is a human it will be a wolf clue. If I post on it, then no one gets a clue. Remember, no double posting. If someone does double post, then ignore the second one and continue counting after the first. Good luck!

I have decided that the wolves should have a talkbox. Wolves, please accept the invitation.

*what does spv mean?
I disagree with giving a Seer clue. There's only one Seer, and he/she's not very powerful to begin with. My deep apologies, but no mod that does that will get a good score from me.

By the way, mod, you can edit posts if you need to, like adding a numeral to the 13th post.

Voting with a minority.


Shogi fan? Chess fan? Fan of the game Go? Like Japan? You should visit 81Dojo.com to play shogi.
Back to Top 
EliosAus


Posted: 11:20AM Feb 25, 2013

FatHead wrote:
Voting with a minority.
Any particular reason why? I don't mean to be antagonistic. I'm just curious why you'd wish to stay out of the majority in WWG in Round 1 on an Inactive. (WTB I would understand.)


"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." - Chesterton
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 11:47AM Feb 25, 2013

Elios wrote:
Yep, the Buckeye Comic Con is being held this year on March 3rd in Columbus. So... comic books? I'll do a little more poking.


Sorry I missed this! Still though, not sure any players have anything resembling "buckeye" in their name...

FatHead wrote:
I disagree with giving a Seer clue. There's only one Seer, and he/she's not very powerful to begin with. My deep apologies, but no mod that does that will get a good score from me.


I agree that the wolves are getting an unfair advantage (w/ a Talkbox and a seer clue) but the humans are also getting wolf clues, so that makes the Seer even less powerful, so losing him/her won't be as traumatic as in most games =P

Voting with a minority.


I agree with Elios, voting with a minority implies that you are trying to protect Vernon; someone has to get shot. Usually the first round is either majority votes on inactives or everyone votes for a different person (SPV) - in which case the computer chooses the victim. Why would you prefer to potentially have an active player shot over a person who hasn't been on for a week?

I now am even more interested in shooting Vernon - if he is a wolf, we should look at Fathead and TheKid4. It's way too early in the game to be getting strong wolf/human vibes, especially from an inactive. And since the general rule of thumb is to shoot inactives whenever we don't have a lead, I find it incredibly suspicious that these two have such a strong aversion to this. Not saying they are wolves, just that (to me) it's odd behavior.
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 11:48AM Feb 25, 2013

Fathead, if you guys are playing one of my in game games, then I will not edit your posts to fix something you mess up on.

Info on the secret clue: I am waiting for the person to respond to my pm before giving them the clue.

Edit: When did I say I gave a seer clue?


---This message was edited on 2013-02-25 12:40:25---
Back to Top 
Thekid4t


Posted: 03:39PM Feb 25, 2013

You said you would if it was a wolf who got the clue.

Who needs a witty signature anyway?
Back to Top 
EliosAus


Posted: 03:45PM Feb 25, 2013

DrizztGirl wrote:
When did I say I gave a seer clue?
I think what we're referring to is this, from your first post this round:
If you reach this number, the person who gets the post will win a clue. It will be a secret clue, and I will not be saying who got it. *If it is a wolf, it will be a seer clue*, if it is a human it will be a wolf clue.
So, a clue to the Seer. I don't generally mind those, if they're shared with the entire group - fair is fair, if we get clues to the Wolves. But since the Wolves will get to collaborate on the answer in a private TB, it starts to feel overwhelming.

@Yuffie: Yes, our Wolf clues help mitigate the impact of losing our Seer. But what if we never get Wolf clues? For example, in this round, it was mostly pure chance as to who got the clue. But if one of the more talkative players is a Wolf, that ups the chances that the Humans will miss it (like buying more raffle tickets). I doubt that'll happen each time, though, so mostly I think we're Ok. Just hope the Seer is actually active, and has good luck divining. And then can also impart his/her findings to us without getting eaten (or before getting eaten).


"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." - Chesterton
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 07:58PM Feb 25, 2013

Oh...I forgot about that... lol
Back to Top 
bababawhompAus


Posted: 08:50PM Feb 25, 2013

Hey guys, we got another clearing clue:


Clearing clue, 3 parts:
Nadya Suleman
score
year Iran sent a rocket into space



any ideas?
Back to Top 
fishstic


Posted: 09:20PM Feb 25, 2013

8
20
2008 or 2009, depending on how you define things

(August 20, 2008 or 2009?) I'm going to check profiles to see if anything fits.

Edit: I was on the right track with Nadja Suleman, who is famous for having octuplets.

The clear clue points to Jakob 99, who joined Braingle on Oct 20, 2008.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-25 21:25:50---
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 09:51PM Feb 25, 2013

...that was apparently too easy. Noted for the future. Good job fishstic!
Back to Top 
princess2007A


Posted: 01:39AM Feb 26, 2013

Great job fishstic!! All of you are so good at solving clues, I feel intimidated!

We have more clears than just Jakob99 (as is obvious from the above discussion) but I'd rather not name them. Let the wolves figure it out if they want to eat someone. In case we have wolves who aren't too experienced, that could be in our favor...

Also, maybe its just me who's confused, but I thought the clue which we got for numbering posts, was a wolf clue? I thought that's what DrizztGirl's first post said...

Mod said the closest we got to the other clue was the pageant on March 3rd so I'll look around that for more info.


A king that is conquered must see strange looks. So bitter a thing is the heart of man.
Back to Top 
Fleetwood__38t


Posted: 05:33AM Feb 26, 2013

I accidentally joined this game, I have no clue how to play werewolf.. if someone could tell me that would be great!
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 06:21AM Feb 26, 2013

Read the rules Fleetwood. And my bad again... I have a lot on my mind right now, so sorry for mistakes. i'll get a wolf clue for you guys to work on over the night.

Edit: Actually, now I remember why I changed it. I will let you all know why next round. Next round we are going to play the pie game!

Rules:
Every post until I say so must have the name of a pie. If it is my favorite, You will get a clue. Remember, every post must also be game related!


---This message was edited on 2013-02-26 06:26:11---
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 08:20AM Feb 26, 2013

Wow, I came on to see if there was any progress & BAM - another cleared player! Great job, Fishstic

.... Now there really isn't anything to add but Fleetwood_38, after you've read the Rules (Click here) if you have any questions, feel free to PM me (I know Elios wouldn't mind answering & probably DrizztGirl will help you too) - I don't want to spam the game, but I don't want you to get discouraged & never play again! (Just remember we cannot discuss anything regarding this game specifically).
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : fishmed 

Online Now: 7 users and 395 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account