Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2877

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by DrizztGirl. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 10 rounds.

Discussion of Round #2

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

AuthorMessage
asteroidbelt


Posted: 08:43AM Feb 27, 2013

Princess... things in life may be unlikely, however, they are still possible. Congrats guys! You shot a wolf!

Do not forget our game this round! Here's the rules again.

Every post until I say so must have the name of a pie. If it is my favorite, they will get a clue. Remember, every post must also be game related!

Difficult wolf number 1 clue (I will answer some questions, but some I may decide would give too much info and refuse to answer)

Last round, I was inactive. (i was too busy shopping)

Good luck guys!


---This message was edited on 2013-02-27 09:58:20---
Back to Top 
asteroidbelt


Posted: 08:44AM Feb 27, 2013

I wonder why Elios was eaten.
Back to Top 
princess2007A


Posted: 08:53AM Feb 27, 2013

I'll wait for identities... in the mean time, SPV.

I find it ironical that elios was the one who said wolves shouldn't leave a cleared human alive! Looks like they just did that...

I'm hoping vernon was a wolf! Unlikely, though.


A king that is conquered must see strange looks. So bitter a thing is the heart of man.
Back to Top 
asteroidbelt


Posted: 08:56AM Feb 27, 2013

Maybe the wolves don't see the discussion and just vote randomly.
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 10:21AM Feb 27, 2013

Well, now that we know Vernon was a wolf, I am true to my word & am suspecting Fathead and TheKid4.

We seem to have a lot of new/young players in this game - it's possible they were doing a special tactical move (remember that they do have a Talkbox) but probably it was an oversight. I too thought clearing humans is only useful when they are under suspicion, so I don't think Elios was eaten for "speaking out of turn" as some actives have been in former games....

I will return to check on the Wolf Clue (inactives & such) - I'm at work, so I have to do a few "work things" before I spend time playing LOL

Pecan Pie - my personal favorite! (Was I supposed to work it into my sentence or can I just name it?)

(Edit for color)
----

Okay, so DrizztGirl defines activity based on posting, not if they've logged in or not, so I won't go through when people have logged in but rather who did NOT post last round:

appl3slice
braingle01
Jakob99
Mable
priceas14
wyse


and blp2120 posted a one-liner.

Of those that did not post, 3 voted - Appl3slice, Braingle01 and blp2120. It is a matter of opinion, but I think voting should count as somewhat active.

blp2120 also voted with majority that shot a wolf, so I believe him to be cleared.

Braingle01 had her vote in on Jakob BEFORE he was cleared, so she might not have gotten on in time to change it (not that it would've mattered with the obvious majority on Vernon). It should also be noted that she NEVER posts (as stated in Round 1) so this is not a strange behavior on her part (usually those who are wolves like to hide in the crowd).

Appl3slice seems to have voted just as an SPV on Princess2007.

Jakob99 has been cleared.

So, of those listed as inactive, I will be looking more closely at the following:

Mable - Last log in 5 days ago
priceas14 - Last log in 3 days ago
wyse - Last log in 7 Days ago

In a 20 player game, there are 4 wolves. Vernon has been shot, so there are 3 wolves remaining.

My top suspects are:

Fathead - for defending Vernon with no reason.
TheKid4 - for outwardly "lying" that Vernon was cleared via the clue (DrizztGirl said this was wrong, as well)

And the three above due to the wolf "inactive" clue.

***EDIT AGAIN: I missed the white text the first go around. No one talked about shopping in Round 1, none of the inactives have listed "shopping" as their hobby... the only guess I have is priceas14 since it sounds like "Price As $14" or something LOL

Thoughts?

Edited one final time to lock an SPV vote in for TheKid4 - I suspect him the most atm and potentially Priceas14 (since s/he seems to fit the clue)


---This message was edited on 2013-02-27 11:16:55---
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 11:24AM Feb 27, 2013

That's fine the way you listed the pie.
Back to Top 
FatHeadA


Posted: 01:59PM Feb 27, 2013

I have no idea whom to vote for; I'm rarely on often enough.

And I wasn't defending anyone; I just don't like going all bandwagon for no reason that I can see.

Blackberry.


Shogi fan? Chess fan? Fan of the game Go? Like Japan? You should visit 81Dojo.com to play shogi.
Back to Top 
princess2007A


Posted: 02:43PM Feb 27, 2013

Price as $14 stuck out to me too while I was looking through the list after reading the clue (and before reading your post, yuffie).

My suspicions right now are directed towards TheKid. That post which said he'd cleared vernon just reads forced to me. It is ofcourse possibly an honest mistake, but I think it was still early enough in the vernon voting that a fellow wolf could've tried to save him. What bothers me though is that he outright asked the mod if he was right. Why would you do that if you were bluffing? And kind of easy to catch anyways. Someone would obviously confirm the search themselves.

Switching to TheKid. VERY open to changing if he gives an explanation, the solution of the clue gets stronger, or someone has a better idea.

Edit: I absolutely love Apple Pie. Best thing ever.

Edit again: I'm leaving my vote where it is because TheKid already has a vote. Lots of time left.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-27 14:53:57---

A king that is conquered must see strange looks. So bitter a thing is the heart of man.
Back to Top 
asteroidbelt


Posted: 03:55PM Feb 27, 2013

I am going to vote for priceas14.
Blueberry.
Also, thank you voting for me Fleetwood!
Edit: If you really like pie, see my personal message.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-27 16:01:45---
Back to Top 
Thekid4t


Posted: 04:22PM Feb 27, 2013

Pumpkin

Why vote for me! I voted for vernon, and he was a wolf!

SPV


Who needs a witty signature anyway?
Back to Top 
Spikeman*bs


Posted: 04:56PM Feb 27, 2013

Thekid4

Too early in round 2 to figure out who it is, so I'll go with Yuffie she seems to have the right lead.

SPV

EDIT: CHOCLATE PIE!!!


---This message was edited on 2013-02-27 19:22:10---
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 05:19PM Feb 27, 2013

Thekid4 wrote:

Why vote for me! I voted for vernon, and he was a wolf!


You're under suspicion because you seemed so confident in clearing Vernon, who turned out to be wolf. It's easy enough to try to protect a wolf & once the majority becomes obvious, hop on to feign innocence. Not saying this proves you're a wolf, but no one else could even pull up the Google search you found.

Princess2007 wrote:
What bothers me though is that he outright asked the mod if he was right.

He might've done this to make it seem like if he is human, I'm not sure but I wouldn't count him out as a wolf just yet.

Fathead wrote:
And I wasn't defending anyone; I just don't like going all bandwagon for no reason that I can see.

You not joining the majority is indirectly defending Vernon. This is not Whose the Boss - there are no lemmings. The only "requirement" is that the players vote to cover the Seer voting. You not "hopping on the bandwagon" doesn't protect you in any way and, in fact, points suspicion on you because Vernon turned out to be a wolf. There was no way of knowing that in Round 1, unless you were a wolf yourself. And like I said before, it's common practice to majority-vote out inactive players when there are no other leads. I don't jump on active-majorities lightly (unless I suspect the person myself) but with inactives, it's best just to get them out of the game. As humans, they don't add anything & as wolves they make the night time out; someone has to get shot every round. By us all voting for a separate person (therefore not having any majority) it makes ALL players at risk for being shot. Even if Vernon were human, I would've much rather he go than someone who is participating in this "Actives Only" game.

I'm sorry but I don't think that you not wanting to follow someone else's lead is a good enough excuse to not suspect you.



DrizztGirl, will you let us know if/when we solved the Wolf clue correctly? So far I think priceas14 is the closest that we're going to get.

Edit: I have to add another pie... I was going to say quiche (it's like an egg pie) but I don't think that counts so.... Key Lime Pie !


---This message was edited on 2013-02-27 17:21:29---
Back to Top 
Spikeman*bs


Posted: 06:23PM Feb 27, 2013

I like blueberry pie

EDIT: Can someone tell me how to get the color on my words

EDIT:RASPBERRY!!!!!!!


---This message was edited on 2013-02-27 19:23:42---
Back to Top 
asteroidbelt


Posted: 07:09PM Feb 27, 2013

Spikeman wrote:
I like blueberry pie

EDIT: Can someone tell me how to get the color on my words.


You type a word, like this, then you click one of the colors.
P.S. I already chose blueberry.
Can we say another pie?
Back to Top 
Spikeman*bs


Posted: 07:20PM Feb 27, 2013

Oh sorry then!

cherry


---This message was edited on 2013-02-27 19:24:18---
Back to Top 
bababawhompAus


Posted: 07:25PM Feb 27, 2013

hmmm... I'm not sure about anyone at the moment... I need to think about it.

I choose lemon meringue pie.
Back to Top 
Thekid4t


Posted: 07:31PM Feb 27, 2013

I am so dead

I tried the google search again. It didn't work. Your arguments saying that I am a wolf are so convincing, even though I myself am not a wolf. I just want to say this: No matter how much this is going to make me look like I am a wolf, I do not think FatHead is one. He didn't want seer clues, remember?


Who needs a witty signature anyway?
Back to Top 
asteroidbelt


Posted: 08:12PM Feb 27, 2013

Pear Plum?
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 09:06PM Feb 27, 2013

You can stop naming pies if you want, or you can continue, that's cool too. No, I decided I will not let you know about wolf clues since you have already gotten one wolf. Sorry, I'm mean like that.
Back to Top 
kmrutledgetth


Posted: 10:42PM Feb 27, 2013

ok my favorite pie is apple! I am gonna go for an inactive I guess.

The faster I type in my password, the more secret agent-y I feel.
Back to Top 
appl3slice


Posted: 10:44PM Feb 27, 2013

i would be more than happy to post but i dont know what to talk about
Back to Top 
appl3slice


Posted: 10:45PM Feb 27, 2013

and i like pecan pie with whipped cream
Back to Top 
blp2120us


Posted: 11:05PM Feb 27, 2013

thekid4
Back to Top 
fishstic


Posted: 12:42AM Feb 28, 2013

So ... if one of us gets the pie right, could we get a clearing clue then?

Banana Cream Pie
Back to Top 
Spikeman*bs


Posted: 04:52AM Feb 28, 2013

Mango Pie!
Back to Top 
princess2007A


Posted: 05:17AM Feb 28, 2013

Well, if switching my vote to thekid isn't going to end the round, I'll do that now. And just in the interest of fun or if the mod listens to fishstic and gives us a clearing clue - I also love pumpkin and cherry pies!

A king that is conquered must see strange looks. So bitter a thing is the heart of man.
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 06:33AM Feb 28, 2013

The pie clue is already won. I'm waiting for the person to respond. Appl3, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

And don't you all still have to figure out the last rounds' clue?


---This message was edited on 2013-02-28 09:05:42---
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 09:15AM Feb 28, 2013

DrizztGirl wrote:
don't you all still have to figure out the last rounds' clue?


I don't know about everyone else, but I've decided not to work on that clue = (1) it's a clearing clue, so it'll only give the wolves more fodder (2) I thought I figured it out, but I'm stumped. We got to a Pageant/Convention, but I can't see how it points to anyone. I admit my head isn't 100% in this game, but usually something would click for me by now...

TheKid4 wrote:
I do not think FatHead is one. He didn't want seer clues, remember?


That can easily be explained away but saying he wants to appear human. Besides, it's so difficult to be the seer - if s/he isn't inactive, they run the risk of sounding "wolfy" if they cast too strong of a suspicion. They can always be eaten as a "lucky guess" and usually they tend to not speak up at all. Plus, since DrizztGirl has already stated she will give a Seer clue (if they win the random challenge of the round), the wolves can say whatever they want. Again, I'm not saying this condemns him, but Fathead has played enough WWG to know that it's common practice to get majorities on inactives.


As far as that wolf clue: Everyone is pretty much in agreement that it points to Priceas14. So, should we go off a whim I had about TheKid4 or try for the wolf & see if we got the clue right? I find TheKid4's actions incredibly suspicious, but (I believe) he is somewhat new, so perhaps his enthusiasm just got the better of him. I don't think him saying "I'm not a wolf" is evidence in his favor, but I can be swayed to vote for Priceas14 in the meantime.

EDIT:
Spikeman wrote:
Can someone tell me how to get the color on my words


The game is based off baby HTML, so to get a color, you can type [ color = COLOR NAME/CODE ] (only without the spaces) - when you quote someone, you can see this format. For example, me quoting you is [ quote ] and when I'm done, I put [ / quote ] When you're done highlighting your passage in a color, you simply type [ / color ]. As stated above, you can also click on the colors listed (under the smilies etc)

This is me Clicking on the Brown Color
And [ color = brown ] this is what it looks like, only without the spaces [ / color ]
This is me Typing in the HTML color code
Again [ color = #DF01D7 ] this is what the HTML color code looks like [ / color ]

Click here to have fun with Color codes! =D *note - not all colors work on Braingle LOL*


---This message was edited on 2013-02-28 09:21:49---
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 01:39PM Feb 28, 2013

You guys had the clearing clue narrowed down to two people. Part of being active in my books is working on the clue. Until it is worked on more (maybe even asking me if one of them is correct?) then I am not giving another clue to the group.
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 02:37PM Feb 28, 2013

DrizztGirl wrote:
You guys had the clearing clue narrowed down to two people. Part of being active in my books is working on the clue.


Okay fine - it clears me since the only people we narrowed it down to were Elios and me (Yuffie). In my list of hobbies, I have "Cosplay, anime, manga, video games" and in March 3rd there is a comic book convention.

I didn't want to spell it out for the wolves b/c now I feel confident I will be eaten next round. Then again, they didn't eat Jakob either, so maybe not....

Still, I don't appreciate being treated like a child -

DrizztGirl wrote:
Until it is worked on more (maybe even asking me if one of them is correct?) then I am not giving another clue to the group.


Modding is not about controlling the group to how you see fit. If we don't want to solve the clue (or we can't b/c we're stumped) then we shouldn't have to.

And we DID ask you if our guess was correct & you said you decided not to tell us b/c you felt like being mean, remember?

DrizztGirl wrote:
I decided I will not let you know about wolf clues since you have already gotten one wolf. Sorry, I'm mean like that.


So - does the wolf clue point to Priceas14, DrizztGirl? and Does the clearing clue point to me, Yuffie?

Edited to include quotes


---This message was edited on 2013-02-28 14:44:15---
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 03:34PM Feb 28, 2013

Actually, I can control the game however I want to. And I said I will not tell you if the WOLF clue is correct. I didn't say anything about the clearing clues. Yes, the clearing clue is you, good job.

And you say you don't want to be treated like a child, yet you get snappy and sassy when I say something you don't like? Seriously? And when you quoted me you left out the smile showing that I was joking.....


Clearing clue: Someone cleared is leading everyone in the wrong direction.....


---This message was edited on 2013-02-28 16:10:58---
Back to Top 
YuffieAus


Posted: 05:11PM Feb 28, 2013

You are right, you can control the game - but there are parts of it that are beyond your control, like other people. I only got "snappy" because you're trying to control the players . I don't think it's unreasonable to be asked to be treated like an adult. It's funny how you too become 'sassy' because of something I said that you don't like - I guess it's just human nature.
And I'm sorry I left out your smiley - the Copy/paste feature doesn't like those little guys & left it out (i.e. it wasn't intentional).

Anyway, back to the game:

DrizztGirl wrote:
Clearing clue: Someone cleared is leading everyone in the wrong direction.....


I'm assuming this is a new clue & since Jakob and I are the only cleared players & I'm the most active, I'm going to assume this clue points to TheKid4. Therefore, I will remove my vote for TheKid4 and change it to Priceas14. We won't know until we shoot, but I think we've all pretty much agreed that she fits the clue better than anyone else at this point.

CLEARED PLAYERS:

Jakob99
TheKid4
Yuffie

SUSPECTED PLAYERS:
Priceas14 - probably fits the Wolf clue

I'm not sure how to feel about Princess2007 - she's very active (which I like) but she's said a few things that sound like a wolf in sheep's clothing, so I'm not sure if she's honestly thinking out loud or pulling a move on us....

I won't be back on the rest of the round. I feel like I'm the only one really playing this game (other than the mod, no one else has posted in literally 12 hours (Princess posted at 6am & it is now 6pm), so I'm going to readjust to fit the mood of the other players.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-28 17:15:25---
Back to Top 
Thekid4t


Posted: 08:51PM Feb 28, 2013

I just got the clearing clue, everybody!

Here it is: I am used in World of Warcraft.


Who needs a witty signature anyway?
Back to Top 
princess2007A


Posted: 04:07AM Mar 1, 2013

I'm not currently in Illinois anymore so I will be posting in the middle of the night for you guys. Also, my senior secondary exams started today so forgive me if I'm on a little less. I still promise to make it on at least once.
fishstic is cleared
I kinda agree with Yuffie to the extent that I don't think the mod should ask us to work on the clue if we don't want to. Especially when it's a seer or clearing clue. If you were joking about not giving us another clue if we don't work on the previous one, DrizztGirl, I apologize.

Working on clearing clue. May/may not share.

Edit: Ok. So I think I've got it. I'm not 100% sure but it fits pretty well. Right now, this person is not in danger of being shot so I'm not outing.

I agree with Yuffie's interpretation of the previous clearing clue. Changing vote to priceas14.

Edit 2:For grammar and spelling.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-01 04:25:40---

A king that is conquered must see strange looks. So bitter a thing is the heart of man.
Back to Top 
DrizztGirlAus


Posted: 06:33AM Mar 1, 2013

I was not joking when I said I won't give another clue until you guys work on the previous one more. Unless people are working on present clues I do not give out new ones. I'm sorry if you guys do not like the way i play, it's just how it is. I don't see the point of giving more clues if people are giving up on the others. I already know the person that the wolves are planning on shooting (talkbox). They are not going after people that are already cleared for the reason that they ARE cleared (Note: I am not saying that they aren't going after a cleared person, if they are, it's because of a different reason). They are using strategy and such.

I can decide when/how I give clues. If you don't like it, don't play my games anymore. But please do not insult me when I am the mod. I wouldn't expect anyone to insult another player, so I do not deserve that either. That is called cyber bullying. I will not have it in my games.

And when you say that I got snappy and sassy, I actually was just explaining, not trying to be snappy or sassy. I am sorry if you felt like I was.
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : Cereal_Killer 

Online Now: 9 users and 524 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account