Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2878

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by PianistChris. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 8 rounds.

Discussion of Round #3

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

AuthorMessage
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 05:16AM Feb 21, 2013

The villagers slept uneasy that night. Jeminy most of all. Late at night, Jeminy was found by the monsters pacing around his well lit home, uneasy at the past events. They slunk in, and found a window open that was easy to climb into. They awaited for Jeminy to turn his back, and then attacked, ripping his features to threads and eating all that was left....

In the morning, people couldn't believe what had happened to Jeminy, and couldn't understand how it happened. The Medium decided that it was time to speak with the departed, and so set out to speak with JJPutz.


JJPutz was shot - He was a Human.
Jeminy was eaten - He was a Human.

The Medium has summoned the dark powers to speak to the recently deceased 'JJPutz'. The Medium is awaiting a reply...
(I will reply as soon as I get the message!)

Another unfortunate round for the Humans!


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 07:47:44---

Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 05:32AM Feb 21, 2013

I think ardi is a sensible way to go this round, none of his posts really allayed my suspicions of him.

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
ardiAgi


Posted: 05:45AM Feb 21, 2013

Go for it

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Back to Top 
ardiAgi


Posted: 05:47AM Feb 21, 2013

I'm sticking to my vote from the last round

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 06:04AM Feb 21, 2013

The eating makes little sense to me. I don't see why jeminy was chosen above others.

JQ and kitty are on my radar. JQ for his claim that JJ was acting suspiciously with little to back this claim up, kitty for her subtle defence of JJ.

Voting kitty, as she is my #1 suspect currently.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
ardiAgi


Posted: 06:14AM Feb 21, 2013

Actually Skybet has a point plus kitty-cat voted for me and the reasoning didn't make sense to me so I'm going to change my vote to Kitty-cat

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 06:17AM Feb 21, 2013

Come on ardi, a baseless revenge vote helps nobody. If you're human work with me here.

Sky is piqueing my interest a little here, but then who isn't?

EDIT: So wait... kitty voted for you because she disagreed with your reasoning, you said that wasn't a valid reason... and so then voted for her because you disagreed with her reasoning?


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 06:18:21---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
ardiAgi


Posted: 06:25AM Feb 21, 2013

Well I don't know she voted for me because of my stupid or lame reason. I don't really think thats much of a reason to vote on someone, just because they don't agree with my reasons. I don't mean to get revenge on anyone.. maybe I should just start voting on the quiet ones, the ones that aren't commenting seem suspicious to me too.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 06:29AM Feb 21, 2013

It just seems like you were kind of voting for her for pretty much the same reason she voted for you... I see what you mean though, I just thought it was funny.

I do agree we should treat the quiet ones as suspicious, shame we have a few of them.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 06:30:56---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 06:45AM Feb 21, 2013

Sorry I didn't get a final post out last round - I kept trying but having to do something before I could finish. Nice job Chris on the fast IDs, you had those out 2 minutes after the round ended.

I will go with a ardi too... the kitty vote has some merit but I did think she sounded human in that one post last round. Ardi jumping on the majority because they had the most votes makes no sense whatsoever, and as smithy said he has done nothing to lessen the suspicion.


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
ardiAgi


Posted: 07:08AM Feb 21, 2013

Well by this point I wouldn't know how to lessen the suspicion on me, haha. My guess is I'll be out by the end of this round although would you actually think a wolf would comment so often and argue so much? that would give it away too easily if you ask me. As to my vote I'm going to wait until I see everyone commenting. I'll probs be going for a quiet one

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Back to Top 
kitty-cattus


Posted: 07:09AM Feb 21, 2013

Skybet wrote:
The eating makes little sense to me. I don't see why jeminy was chosen above others.

JQ and kitty are on my radar. JQ for his claim that JJ was acting suspiciously with little to back this claim up, kitty for her subtle defence of JJ.

Voting kitty, as she is my #1 suspect currently.


Um...I don't know if it's just because you didn't see the post at the end of last round, but what's the matter with me defending JJ, if that was even my goal? HE WAS HUMAN.

I somewhat agree with the JQ reasoning, though. I don't know why everyone jumped on the JJ vote. I'm not going to vote yet. I don't need to break the tie yet; there are still 22 hours left in the round.


"I'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change, but til I try I'll never know." -Wicked
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 07:40AM Feb 21, 2013

It was your final post I was referring to. The thing is, no human will know if JJ is human or not, so while there is a majority on him a wolf has a good opportunity (since they know the player in the majority is human) to defend them or say they think the vote is a bad idea or to just discourage it in general. Then that player is shot and revealed to be human - et voila! You appear human for your defending of that player. It's an ok tactic but somewhat transparent. It's not a given though obviously, but you did have no reason to defend JJ.

I voted JJ for this very reason. To see who hopped on the vote with no reasoning to back it up and to see if there were any who came to his defence. Once you know the ID of that player you can learn a lot. It could well be making something of nothing but you kind of have to do that in this game otherwise you are just "random voting" every round.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 08:04:37---

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 08:28AM Feb 21, 2013

Yeah, as sky said, it's a pretty common tactic to defend a human to look human, although I don't really see that as being what's happened here with kitty.

I do find it strange that Sky is neglecting to comment at all on ardi, despite ardi's frequent suspicious posts. Definitely a potential pairing. I also feel like Sky would have been more proactive towards the latter half of last round if human, plus his switch away from JJ could be seen as precisely the same sort of tactic he's accusing kitty of, switching away from and defending a human to look human.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 08:29:10---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
ardiAgi


Posted: 08:31AM Feb 21, 2013

I think you question everything too much, you've just become my prime suspect.. again..

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Back to Top 
ardiAgi


Posted: 08:32AM Feb 21, 2013

I don't know if Skybet is the wolf, but tbh i doubt he is. Well you will find out in time if I go out this round as you will confirm that I am human

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 08:35AM Feb 21, 2013

ardi wrote:
I think you question everything too much


Why?

Irony aside, that's poor reasoning, the humans know nothing and should therefore be questioning, it's the wolves that know everything already. It's the aim of the game to discuss and therefore work things out, I'm not sure why you're so set on this notion that anyone who posts frequently or questions everything should be regarded as suspicious when, conversely, that's precisely what the humans should ideally be doing.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 08:36:17---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
ardiAgi


Posted: 08:40AM Feb 21, 2013

Yes or it could be that a wolf acts like a human and questions everything to deceive all the other humans, in this case I think you could be doing this. Just a thought
Either way I know I have nothing to hide and if I die this round, which is what seems to be happening then you will all know this for sure


"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 08:43AM Feb 21, 2013

Yes, it's possible, but why would your first conclusion to seeing someone acting human be "he must be a deceptive wolf"? Sure it could be the case but it seems odd to seemingly assume it's the most likely explanation. Your posts are so full of logical inconsistencies that I feel like you must be a wolf. If you are in fact human please try to give a more helpful defence than "you will find out once it's already too late".

---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 08:44:34---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 08:44AM Feb 21, 2013

Smithy wrote:
Yeah, as sky said, it's a pretty common tactic to defend a human to look human, although I don't really see that as being what's happened here with kitty.

I do find it strange that Sky is neglecting to comment at all on ardi, despite ardi's frequent suspicious posts. Definitely a potential pairing. I also feel like Sky would have been more proactive towards the latter half of last round if human, plus his switch away from JJ could be seen as precisely the same sort of tactic he's accusing kitty of, switching away from and defending a human to look human.

It is a small glimmer of evidence on kitty. By all means not conclusive, I have admitted this. But unfortunately that is the best I have to go on.

Yes I did do something similar, but I stated my reasoning to vote JJ was not because I believed in a JJ vote, simply to see if the rolling stone gathered any moss. And it did. I switched, not to defend JJ, but because it had gained so much interest and this is usually a bad sign. Kitty however directly defended JJ, so there's a difference there.

I have not addressed the ardi situation simply because I'm chalking it up to being new to the game, and let's face it, you're all over the place ardi. New or not, this would be ludicrous wolf behaviour. If you are a wolf ardi, I will be very surprised and suggest you need to work on your game

But why are you trying to take the attention off kitty Smithy? You admit it's a common wolf tactic but shine the the light on me for "doing the same thing", then how do you propose I am more guilty than kitty?


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 08:50AM Feb 21, 2013

As I said, I don't think kitty has been using that tactic this game. As far as I can see the only specific "defence" or mention of JJ she made was
Less than an hour left in the round, and JJ's looking like he's going to be shot. I'm not quite sure why, as absolutely nobody has posted any reasoning for that.
I think that if she was employing the defend-a-human tactic she would have made a bigger show of it.

Note that I don't particularly think she's done much to look human either, I'm just saying I don't think she's used this particular wolf tactic, I'm still hedging my bets and considering her "neutral".


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 08:52:44---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 08:52AM Feb 21, 2013

@Sky and kitty: I didn't say he was wolfish, just that he was a better choice than anyone else at the time. Look what he said about Smithy:

Yeah, well, Smithy, if we didn't vote, you'd be down our throats yelling at us.


Not a very good excuse for voting randomly. A simple 'sorry, I didn't think before I vote' or some new reasoning would have done the trick.

Actually...maybe we look at poofi now? He seems new at this and he voted Melody daytime. IDK, will stay on CG.


That sounded suspicious to me. 'May we look at poofi', then stayed with the random vote.

To be honest, ardi sounds like the kind of player who's new but confident that he's figured everything out. If he has, say, ten games already, then I would certainly suspect him, but he's acting perfectly normally for a new player. It's just like a new WTB player saying that someone is suspicious because s/he risked being a lemming to join a majority. Holding my vote for now.

Edit:BTW, Tyanahg has been really quiet. Now, to be fair, that's another way for a new player to start out too - that's the way I did, not speaking one word on my first game (as a seer) - but I think people would start posting on the third game in general. Voting her for now.

Cat and CG also aren't posting much.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 08:56:45---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 08:56AM Feb 21, 2013

Yeah I'm far from certain, it's harder to judge newer players, not only are you unfamiliar with their usual play styles but it's also hard to decide between what's "suspicious" and what's just down to them being new... so I am far from sure on my vote here, but I still think it's the best option at the moment.

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
ardiAgi


Posted: 09:23AM Feb 21, 2013

Well I don't really know how to make you believe that I am not a wolf that's why I'm just saying you will know when I die there isn't any other way to be 100% sure that I am not a wolf. And once someone has caught onto you by thinking they're the wolf it's kind of hard to just let it go and believe them. Either way I've play three games since I joined and this one is the best out of them because I'm all over the place

---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 11:31:01---

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Back to Top 
catmandonAus


Posted: 09:49AM Feb 21, 2013

Have 19 hours...
will vote later..
must read more..


The early bird gets the worm,but the second rat gets the cheese..
Back to Top 
buu441Ain


Posted: 10:18AM Feb 21, 2013

ardi: i believe your reasoning and everything is plain illogical. wolves are getting smarter at this game, and people have to think everything through. we need to question everything. so you just cant come and say 'you guys question everything too much. so i suspect you'. my vote is on you as well.

Leo: Hold on. This is gonna hurt. Coach Hedge: I was BORN for HURT!!
Back to Top 
kitty-cattus


Posted: 10:23AM Feb 21, 2013

I really don't think someone defending a human is a good way to go to shoot someone. Every single type of player in the game has reasons to defend a human. The humans, obviously, try to save those they think are humans, the seer tries to defend those he/she knows are human, and the wolves defend humans to look human. The last reason is the weakest, in my opinion. I wouldn't shoot anyone based solely on the fact that they defended a human, at least not without other evidence.

I agree that Ardi is just seeming like a new player now. I had somewhat forgotten about that last round, and that sounds weird, but I was really off yesterday. Just out of it. So, anyway, I'll still hold my vote.


"I'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change, but til I try I'll never know." -Wicked
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 10:49AM Feb 21, 2013

None of the characters in this game know another human is human. There are the lovers, but the rules even state your partner could be a wolf. Besides, if you and JJ were the lovers then you would be unable to vote this round, so you can't be those characters anyway. The seer was shot round 1 so they didn't know anyones identity. So, I reiterate, you had no reason to think JJ was human or otherwise. I think of the three outcomes you stated the latter is actually the most plausible in this situation.

I feel as though you trying to reason your way out of it has actually strengthened my case.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 10:56AM Feb 21, 2013

buu441 wrote:
ardi: i believe your reasoning and everything is plain illogical. wolves are getting smarter at this game

Isn't this a bit of a contradiction? Wolves are getting smarter at this game so I'm going to vote the most illogical player?

EDIT: Argh I know it seems I'm trying to defend ardi, but I just don't see the wolfie side of his posts. He seems pretty sincere to me, and just inexperienced.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 10:58:25---

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 11:33AM Feb 21, 2013

The Medium has been able to contact 'JJPutz'. This is the opinion that was given: "I know Skybet's a wolf".
Keep in mind that this is purely opinion!


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 11:39:03---

Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
TyanahgAgb


Posted: 11:45AM Feb 21, 2013

Well jj's opinion has really thrown me. I didn't suspect skybet at all but then again it is only opinion
I agree with kity, not yhe best idea to vote for someone because they defended someone else but then again I ser why you would.
I am slightly suspicious of ardi just because when I read the 'questioning too much I suspect you' I thought exactly the same as buu. Just because someone wants to be careful and ask questions where they can doesn't make them suspicious.

I will however keep reading and see what goes on


Go headbutt a bullet
Back to Top 
kitty-cattus


Posted: 01:01PM Feb 21, 2013

Skybet wrote:
None of the characters in this game know another human is human. There are the lovers, but the rules even state your partner could be a wolf. Besides, if you and JJ were the lovers then you would be unable to vote this round, so you can't be those characters anyway. The seer was shot round 1 so they didn't know anyones identity. So, I reiterate, you had no reason to think JJ was human or otherwise. I think of the three outcomes you stated the latter is actually the most plausible in this situation.

I feel as though you trying to reason your way out of it has actually strengthened my case.


Which is why I said the humans try to save those they think are human. Reread my post. Have you never thought someone was human? When it comes down to a few players left, assuming your seer has given you nothing, that's the only way you can play. Defend those you think are human.

And you're pretty much making my point.
you had no reason to think JJ was human or otherwise.

That's what my point was last round. Nobody had any reason to think JJ was a wolf, and that's all I said. Or, at least, nobody had given reasons for it.

Skybet is using the logical fallacy of the straw man. He twisted my argument and refuted that one instead of actually giving reasons against what I said. My vote is going on him, both because of that and JJ's opinion that he's a wolf.


"I'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change, but til I try I'll never know." -Wicked
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 01:45PM Feb 21, 2013

I haven't done that at all if you read back through the posts

I'm not going to go over this again because the point has already become overlaboured. I have already stated numerous times it is not conclusive, but it is the strongest thing I have against any player so far, refute it all you like but it still stands.

All you have done is place a retaliation vote based on nothing whatsoever, so my argument for a vote is supremely better than yours. Listen to JJ all you want, but he's a putz and I've already told him so. And someone who follows a putz is... well... I'm sure you can figure it out.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
catmandonAus


Posted: 01:52PM Feb 21, 2013

Going to keep my vote from last 2 rounds
May be back to change or not.


The early bird gets the worm,but the second rat gets the cheese..
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 02:11PM Feb 21, 2013

Cat please stop being so tedious, just because I voted for you in the first round does not mean you have to keep voting for me in every single round without offering a particle of reasoning to back it up, if you're going to play at least contribute to the game.

JJ's performance while he was alive was not exactly a tour de force of watertight reasoning and sensible play so I'm not particularly inclined to let his suspicion of Sky sway me further. As I've already said I am somewhat suspicious of sky and can see an ardi-sky pairing (perhaps with cat as #3), but Sky is a very good player so I'm less inclined to vote for him until my suspicion is more solid (no disrespect to ardi, with who I am previously unfamiliar).


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
poofitus


Posted: 02:21PM Feb 21, 2013

Jesus Christ, ardi and smithy. You've been arguing a lot. However, this leads me to believe that both of you are human, although i have my suspicions. Most of the time, the ones who overreact are the innocent ones; the guilty ones just go with the flow. However, Skybet seems to be trying to smooth things out between ardi and smithy, so he might be a wolf. ill start voting for him if we dont get the wolf after this round. I don't think that catmandon is the wolf just because i feel like it.

Good men eat to live. Bad men live to eat. -Socrates
Back to Top 
ardiAgi


Posted: 02:38PM Feb 21, 2013

My suspects are Smithy, Kitty-cat and koin_era345. I believe that the wolves have to be quite active in the discussion as their voting round finished very quickly. Its not much but that's what I'm going for

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 02:46PM Feb 21, 2013

Interesting that you're reciprocating the lack of suspicion of Sky despite him fitting that criteria too.

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
ardiAgi


Posted: 02:56PM Feb 21, 2013

Just because you suspect him doesn't mean I do.. Either way the way things are going I will die then you will find out I'm not a wolf and realise that you were wrong

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 03:27PM Feb 21, 2013

Actually ... looking through earlier rounds, it seems that Tyanahg had been posting more than I thought. (I completely missed her two posts in round two. Wonder why nobody pointed that out.) My vote's instead going to CG, who's been way below her usual activity level.

I really don't think it's ardi. Even if ardi is a wolf, the way he's acting right now is not a very good reason to suspect him IMO.

@poofi: Either both human or both wolf, IMO. Wolves can argue to look innocent, too.

edit: I also think Sky is human.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 15:41:39---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 05:24PM Feb 21, 2013

Darn you ardi, I'm going to throttle you if you're a wolf. You're making me seem so suspicious!

Poofi, that reasoning makes no sense... If I witnessed two humans arguing and voting each other, I would certainly let it play out. What would I gain from mediating if I were a wolf? Just think about it...

Cat, you could do with being a bit more helpful. The odd eye-roll and random vote just isn't going to help us win this game.

Keeping my vote with kitty, as I want to make it clear my suspicion is still there. But a few more players have certainly entered my radar. We can cover that next round. *cough Smithy*


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 05:39PM Feb 21, 2013

I could see an ardi, sky, and cat/cat/poofi/tyhanag. Sky not having been a wolf in 12 games in a row could explain his seemingly obvious pairing with ardi. Catmandon has failed to provide any insight or thought whatsoever, but correct me if I'm wrong this is his usual style of play. JQ leaning human.

Kitty-cat I'm having trouble getting a read on. Same with thy. I will stick with ardi, as his ID will give us a lot of info about the wolves, whether he is human or not.


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 06:05PM Feb 21, 2013

Sorry guys, had a misunderstanding with JJ's private message, I made a mistake..

This is what his opinion of the game is:

CG is probably cleared due to inactivity. I would check Smithy and koin/kitty-cat, Smithy because he switched to me for 'self preservation' when it was 3-3 votes. Since I was human, I would have been safe from being shot in a tie if he was a wolf. Since the computer usually favors the wolf (AND SMITHY KNOWS THIS) I wouldn't have been shot if he was a wolf, but because he changed to me I was screwed.

Hugs and Kisses,
JJ


Again, sorry bout that!


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 19:00:41---

Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
kitty-cattus


Posted: 06:19PM Feb 21, 2013

Skybet wrote:
All you have done is place a retaliation vote based on nothing whatsoever, so my argument for a vote is supremely better than yours. Listen to JJ all you want, but he's a putz and I've already told him so. And someone who follows a putz is... well... I'm sure you can figure it out.


Again, straw man fallacy, plus some basic faulty logic.
a) I did not place a retaliation vote, I actually hadn't noticed that you had voted for me. I knew at least one person had, but had forgotten who it was, and it didn't seem important to go and check.
b) Based on nothing whatsoever? I gave my reasons, which you evidently didn't bother to read.
c) "So my argument for a vote is supremely better than yours" What reason? I defended JJ? Nothing I did really defended him. I simply pointed out the lack of reasoning for his vote, and didn't vote for him. So now anyone commenting on the game and not voting with the majority is suspicious? Congratulations, you've managed to rule out just about nobody.
d) Ooh, resorting to personal attacks on a player who isn't even here to defend himself. Harsh, and not having anything to do with my reasoning.

All in all, very questionable logic, and some minor insults. Not the most convincing post I've ever read.


"I'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change, but til I try I'll never know." -Wicked
Back to Top 
kitty-cattus


Posted: 06:21PM Feb 21, 2013

I'm sorry, that was slightly mean. I feel justified, though, because Skybet did kind of insult me too.

Fun game so far!


"I'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change, but til I try I'll never know." -Wicked
Back to Top 
ardiAgi


Posted: 06:34PM Feb 21, 2013

Ohh, I guess JJ and I were thinking the same thing. I'm now even more suspicious of Smithy, Kitty and koin. Just letting you guys know if I die this round watch out for them

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 06:49PM Feb 21, 2013

Lol don't worry kitty it's all in the spirit of the game and I'm not offended or riled by anything you've said. And I am sorry if I have said anything you consider mean, it's nothing personal. My comments about JJ are all in good spirit and they will make more sense to you upon the conclusion of this game. He obviously realised he was being a putz because he decided to revise his statement from the medium
He twisted my argument and refuted that one instead of actually giving reasons against what I said. My vote is going on him, both because of that and JJ's opinion that he's a wolf.

This was your reasoning for voting me. I didn't twist anything you said and to explain why it would be necessary to go round in circles and it's getting dreary. It's all above should you need to go check. I only repeated things you said yourself, I didn't create my own spin.

If cat posted after this one - "I know koin is a wolf". Would you consider that evidence and reason enough to vote someone? I think not. You were clearly clutching straws and stumbling over yourself to find a reason to vote me - which equates to nothing. So I'm only left with a retaliation vote. You clearly didn't like someone challenging you, so you fabricated a reason to vote them. That's purely how I see it, and we really need to stop flogging this dead horse. And how combative you're being about this is very odd, with the reasoning already admitted to be weak and not conclusive, also when you only have one vote on you. There's no reason to get so antagonised by it, just move on, you're not in any danger.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 18:56:26---

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
christiangrltus


Posted: 06:59PM Feb 21, 2013

PianistChris wrote:
Sorry guys, had a misunderstanding with JJ's private message, I made a mistake..

This is what his opinion of the game is:

CG is probably cleared due to inactivity. I would check Smithy and koin/kitty-cat, Smithy because he switched to me for 'self preservation' when it was 3-3 votes. Since I was human, I would have been safe from being shot in a tie if he was a wolf. Since the computer usually favors the wolf (AND SMITHY KNOWS THIS) I wouldn't have been shot if he was a wolf, but because he changed to me I was screwed.

Hugs and Kisses,
JJ


Again, sorry bout that!


So, by JJ's logic (I have not been that inactive!), Smithy is a wolf. Not much, but it makes sense to me. I suppose I'll throw out a random vote in case I can't log on later.


Sarcastic people with large vocabularies are my favorite.
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 07:21PM Feb 21, 2013

Okay, firstly, I don't agree with JJ's suspicion of Smithy at all. If Smithy is a human, then it's perfectly normal that he would vote for JJ to save himself as the chances are 50-50 with two humans.

Secondly, I wouldn't clear CG for inactivity, either. The second night was clearly longer than the first, and that could reflect on her activity, too.

I can definitely see a possible Sky/kitty pairing here. Whether kitty was really using the persistent defender tactic is beside the point. They've been arguing about this one point a lot instead of moving on like a human would do (kitty isn't in any danger of being shot anyhow).


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 19:24:00---

'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
kitty-cattus


Posted: 07:28PM Feb 21, 2013

Okay, yeah, let's just drop it. Funnily enough, all of this is making me think you're human, really.

Edit: Oh, great, just saw what JQ posted. Well, that just made me sound wolfish. Crazy dynamics of this game, aren't they? Could you imagine this in real life?

Straying off topic here. The edit was to say that the original post was made after I saw Skybet's, and before I saw CG's and JQ's posts.


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 19:31:57---

"I'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change, but til I try I'll never know." -Wicked
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 07:36PM Feb 21, 2013

I would check Smithy and koin/kitty-cat, Smithy because he switched to me for 'self preservation' when it was 3-3 votes. Since I was human, I would have been safe from being shot in a tie if he was a wolf. Since the computer usually favors the wolf (AND SMITHY KNOWS THIS) I wouldn't have been shot if he was a wolf, but because he changed to me I was screwed.


Okay this is just absolute nonsense for three reasons.
1) The computer does NOT favour either wolf or human in any way, this is patently untrue, to make up some absolute twaddle and then baselessly yell "AND SMITHY KNOWS THIS" is pretty annoying.
2) If I am human then "wolf bias" wouldn't enter into it anyway and I should still vote to save myself.
3) Somebody else could have voted for me, why would I want to leave it that close?

Why on earth did the medium waste their power using Putz?


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
catmandonAus


Posted: 07:38PM Feb 21, 2013

These ,are what I use as book-markers so I don't have to re-read everything.
As for being more useful...
Find any of my other games,
You will see that I sit back and read/listen and gain knowledge about other players.
Then by round 4 I know who 1 or 2 wolfs are..

STAND BY!!


The early bird gets the worm,but the second rat gets the cheese..
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 07:56PM Feb 21, 2013

Well that's a pretty dumb way to play, not much offense. We can't get any reads on you without you postin anything, meaning you will more likely be shot and not get to round 4. To me it seems like an excuse to not think.

JJ's "logic" does not make any sense... I wouldn't really mind it too much. Why cg seems to consider it rational is beyond me. May be worth looking into.

The humans would be MUCH better off right now if the seer was still alive. I'm actually wondering if sky is human at this point... long drawn-out posts with actual reason behind them is not a wolf move for someone who hast been a wolf in a while.


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 08:03PM Feb 21, 2013

That's a pretty selfish way of playing, it means we can't get any reads on you and it's no fun at all playing with someone who isn't posting... but if that's your gameplan, why keep voting for me and placing me in danger with seemingly no reason other than petty revenge behind it?

Again, it bothers me that Sky didn't comment on Putz's post, Sky is a good player and so would know everything Putz said was nonsense, yet didn't comment on it. I'm getting more certain that Sky is a wolf (although I can't change for now, thanks to the Revenge Squad and their votes on me).

Still reasonably happy on the ardi vote, but I think a Sky vote would be good for next round, regardless of ardi's ID (but especially if he's a wolf).


---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 20:05:29---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
JQPublic


Posted: 08:34PM Feb 21, 2013

I don't think Sky not pointing out the obvious flaw in JJ's comment is beneficial to him in any way, even if he were a wolf. It's not like we're actually going to vote for Smithy because of his comment anyway. If ardi and kitty are both human, then I would be much less suspicious of Sky.

I still find CG to be quite suspicious because of her low level of activity.

buu seems to have learnt a lesson after we all thought he was a wolf in SN12, and isn't speaking much. Can't tell if he's human or a wolf. Same with Tyanahg.

I'd like to know where poofi's suspicions lie. I find it strange that he didn't reveal his suspicions.


'An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.' - Charles Dickens
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 08:41PM Feb 21, 2013

Well at least one person apparently liked the logic. Based on the fact that she just accepted it, I could also back a CG vote, but again I can't switch my vote and put myself in danger, especially as that would force CG to vote for me and condemn me further.

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 09:04PM Feb 21, 2013

(Edit because I double-posted the above after refreshing the page...)

---This message was edited on 2013-02-21 21:04:38---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 09:35PM Feb 21, 2013

Honestly sky's ID would tell us more about the rest of the players (smithy, ardi, etc) than an ardi vote would, and I suspect them about equally.

Not much more to add except that JQ remains human in my book and I would be cool with a smithy vote if sky is human.


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
christiangrltus


Posted: 10:02PM Feb 21, 2013

JQPublic wrote:

I still find CG to be quite suspicious because of her low level of activity.


How does THAT work out?


Sarcastic people with large vocabularies are my favorite.
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 10:09PM Feb 21, 2013

CG are you even reading the game? What part of my defence did you not follow?

I am in the firing line with three votes, for three of the worst reasons I have ever seen in a game.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 10:26PM Feb 21, 2013

Yeah cg, 5 words not even related to smithy constitutes an accusation of him.

I hope someone else can get on by the time this round ends.


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
buu441Ain


Posted: 12:25AM Feb 22, 2013

even i can't believe people actually voted smithy coz of JJ's flawed logic -_- even am pretty sure there's no bias when there's a tie between a human and a wolf. and looks like smithy's tied again for the firing squad good luck, sir!

edit: skybet seems pretty intent on defending ardi. persistent defender huh? like hoping ardi gets shot, turns out to be human and thus skybet'll be cleared and smithy appear more wolfish? (not implying in any way that smithy is cleared as a human)


---This message was edited on 2013-02-22 00:28:34---

Leo: Hold on. This is gonna hurt. Coach Hedge: I was BORN for HURT!!
Back to Top 
TyanahgAgb


Posted: 02:55AM Feb 22, 2013

I'm confused. I know Chris said his message was a mistake about sky but where did it come from?
Also he is defending ardi as much as possible...
But then again not a sound enough reason (from what I said before) and I would hate to contradict myself / be a hypocrite.( Whichever works) haha.
But I also dont want to be the deciding vote between smithy and ardi because I still mad not sure...sorry guys. I wanna leave that vote to chance and see what happens


---This message was edited on 2013-02-22 02:58:41---

Go headbutt a bullet
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 03:28AM Feb 22, 2013

Even if people aren't sold on the ardi reasoning (and that's fair enough) surely nobody can deny that it's still better than the reasoning against me, and that he has done more to earn the bullet than I have?

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 04:58AM Feb 22, 2013

Ok I've switched to ardi, because I don't want to lose Smithy... yet. He's the best player here to gain perspective. And the reasons to vote him are total pants.

C'mon Smithy, it's JJ do I really need to address it? He still thinks the computer picks a wolf in a tie....

I think the less said about it the better.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 05:04AM Feb 22, 2013

Good boy sky. (Still suspicious of you, though. )

Fingers crossed ardi turns out to be a wolf. CG could be a good shot next round, perhaps jumping on Putz's unfathomably bad reasoning as an easy chance to down a human (especially true if ardi's a wolf), and based on JQ's comment about her relative inactivity in this game.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 05:13AM Feb 22, 2013

Hey now, I'm not your lapdog

I will be very surprised if ardi is a wolf, and if he is, you will be off my radar. We can look at the CG situation next round.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 05:16AM Feb 22, 2013

Voting in this round had a 'deja vu' of round one, with a small majority of villagers voting to shoot ardi and, later in the round, Smithy, only to have ardi gain the higher majority in the end. The anger from the villagers was evident as their numbers grew fewer and fewer, giving more of a chance for the monsters to easily kill them off.

They had decided on a vote, and Ardi found himself with a silver killer in his brain.

Ardi was Human


Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : sciencesteven 

Online Now: 13 users and 525 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account