Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2897

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by HarryPutter. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 5 rounds.

Discussion of Round #3

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  

AuthorMessage
Smithy*en


Posted: 06:34AM Mar 26, 2013

RFM

The WW Gods have rejected the SPVD. Continue


---This message was edited on 2013-03-26 12:45:16---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 06:38AM Mar 26, 2013

I figured Jayo was probably Seer because fictiously divining the same person as the player who posted immediately before you would have been an unnecessary way to draw attention to yourself. (I hope, at least, that his divination was indeed really Evi and he didn't throw himself off a cliff playing silly elaborate bluffs.)

I think Claws would have deduced as much so his decision to go with Jayo strikes me as suspect.

Although I'm not too bothered with the outcome of this game I will at least wait to hear what others say before voting.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
spades_lobster


Posted: 07:53AM Mar 26, 2013

Experiment or no experiment, there was no reason for Jayo not come out and state he was seer, he got himself shot for no reason. I called Evi a wolf because Sky jumped the gun and made an early wolf divination so if it was correct I wanted to cover it with another wolf divination.

Anyway, think Sky is the best chance

his banter with HABS in Round 1 was odd to begin with


---This message was edited on 2013-03-26 07:54:55---
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 08:18AM Mar 26, 2013

Why should he have outed himself? He still had a chance of survival, he only lost on the koin flip (ha ha) and the whole point of the SPVD thing is to ensure no info dies with the Seer anyway... not that he had much to give us. I'm not sure if that was intended as a defence to what I said or just some unrelated commentary but if the former then it's not relevant to your initial reason for voting him. (If the latter than scratch that comment.)

I think Sky is a good bet (ha ha) too though but the early vote without discussion convinces me further that Claws is the best choice.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
spades_lobster


Posted: 08:26AM Mar 26, 2013

Yes I made a mistake. I was caught up in trying to play around Sky's divination that I was blinded to other implications of Jayo's statement. What's done is done. Coming out garauntees at least a clear into the final round, while the coin flip leaves a 50% of no one, and, well then it depends on how obvious it was that he was seer. I guess if he thought he had a fairly high chance of surviving taking the risk could have paid off.

I have to take issue with the 'early vote without discussion' thing, thats kind of cliche and if I was a wolf Id have the meager discipline needed to play the "holding off until we hear from everyone" card that every wolf plays in must lynch (not saying you are suspcious..but come on I am seasoned enough to not have to attempt a blitz)
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 08:37AM Mar 26, 2013

Seasoned, yes, but as you said yourself, disinterested.

Holding off until we hear from everyone. (I'm sure Celt will swoop in with some razor sharp insight.)


---This message was edited on 2013-03-26 08:38:56---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
spades_lobster


Posted: 08:42AM Mar 26, 2013

I guess, but we are both 'genre savy' enough to know that players come under scrutiny for quick votes in the late game. If you think Im suspicous that's fine, but a quick vote should not be part of the evidence. If there's one things wolves do in must lynch, it's 'wait and see'

Anyway, Celt is quiet...human

Changhill??

You I think are human

Sky think is a wolf

I dont even remember the last player.

Dont get me wrong if this was a 15 player game I would have absolutely held of voting, but even allows a vote
Back to Top 
spades_lobster


Posted: 08:45AM Mar 26, 2013

oh yeah koin, not sure, but was leaning human
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 08:46AM Mar 26, 2013

Okay, striking the early vote off the evidence list, but I still have your Seer-killing escapades (although your explanation is pretty reasonable (and one of the potential problems of this method)).

Agreed on Celt being cleared.

koin is the other player. He had no real choice but to vote Jayo last round, he only had votes for being a non-voter for most of the round, so suspicion wise neutral on him.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 08:48AM Mar 26, 2013

Wow you're full of puns today Smithy.

I'm annoyed Jayo was the seer, it was really unfortunate. I took his posts as wolf, but I have fallen in this trap so many times and shot a seer. I think it's Sod's Law, eh Lobster?

My light banter with HABS round 1 was simply that. There was nothing in it at all. HABS was eaten purely to point at me. Jayo's insight of this made me think he made the eating and now you are doing it Spid so I think you're most likely a wolf.

I made an early vote in must lynch last game and it screwed me over, and it is a risky move as a human. Pretty inclined to go with Spid, but yes, I shall await others views.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
spades_lobster


Posted: 08:50AM Mar 26, 2013

Doing what? I dont understand what I am doing?

I made no insights whatsoever to eatings, the eating choice was 100% obvious, so enlighten me

insisting HABS was eaten purely to incriminate you has little legitimate basis to begin with, and you are the one always talking about the people who know the eatings most are the ones who made them.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-26 08:58:47---
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 09:35AM Mar 26, 2013

Ok, it probably wasn't an insight per se. But wolves can usually not resist defending or justifying their eatings, subtly or otherwise. I find myself doing it as a wolf, otherwise your plan for that eating wont come to fruition if it's not acknowledged in the game.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 09:52AM Mar 26, 2013

Well SPVD didn't last long.

I kinda think people who SPVD'd with the target as a werewolf are more likely human. Think about it: As a werewolf, it is in your best interests to get an SPVD right, with the exception of SPVDing for your fellow wolf. If you claim a human is a wolf, they might automatically suspect you. It's just safer to SPVD with the target as a human.

That is celt, smithy, me, and chang. Spades and sky SPVD'd with target as wolf... evita and jayo, respectively. Who we know to not be wolves. Plus, I'm getting human vibes from sky this time around. Spid's early vote worries me a little, as it is must lunch.

Between celt, smithy, and chang... Chang and celt voted me, chang on an spv that he never returned to change. Smithy SPV'd chang. I don't see them as a pair. I guess I would say chang and celt as my #1 pair, with spades as a backup for any of the three.


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 09:54AM Mar 26, 2013

koin_era345 wrote:
As a werewolf, it is in your best interests to get an SPVD right,


Why?


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 10:09AM Mar 26, 2013

Because a human who sees they are being labeled a wolf in an spv would suspect the SPVDer, which would be unwanted attention if the SPVDer was a wolf. I think.

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 10:15AM Mar 26, 2013

no notification ? anyways in class so I'll post soon, looks like we lost our seer :/

*rawr*
Back to Top 
spades_lobster


Posted: 10:26AM Mar 26, 2013

I really dont know what your taking about Sky. I dont think I even mentioned the Evi eating this round..prior to your comment.. (nor had to since it was obvious she would be eaten). I didnt offer any insight, commentary or opinion whatsoever so your analogy between me and Jayo is not making sense to me.

Where did I attempt to justify an eating?

Notice how everyone is picking on my 'early vote' and "waiting for everyone" as if I was stupid enough to let some tired lazy cliche ensare me. Unless you think Im playing a bluff based on knowledgde of this, voting early is liscence for lazy suspicons being put on you, and something I could have easily sidestepped.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-26 10:29:41---
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 10:37AM Mar 26, 2013

Well if you're human you were "stupid enough" to risk a blitz with a vote in the first hour without any discussion so I don't think the "I'm too good for this" argument holds much water either way.

koin_era345 wrote:
Because a human who sees they are being labeled a wolf in an spv would suspect the SPVDer, which would be unwanted attention if the SPVDer was a wolf. I think.


This isn't a false Seer claim, this is the purpose of the game, I hardly think someone would suspect someone for that. If anything I would have thought the wolves would be more likely to claim a wolf - clearly some people must do so so that the Seer isn't too exposed if and when they do find a wolf, so the wolves would rather they were the "protectors" claiming a false wolf so that the Seer would be clearer to them if they did find a wolf.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-26 10:40:55---

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
spades_lobster


Posted: 10:42AM Mar 26, 2013

It doesnt risk a blitz

2 humans have to misvote, and i aint going anywhere till 4:30 haha


---This message was edited on 2013-03-26 10:48:28---
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 10:54AM Mar 26, 2013

My bad.

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 01:17PM Mar 26, 2013

spades_lobster wrote:
his banter with HABS in Round 1 was odd to begin with

Was this not relating to the HABS eating?

Yes, you are right though, your vote does not leave it open to a blitz, so I am easing off you a little now. But I still think you are most likely. That said, I can see a Smithy/chang pairing this game.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 01:45PM Mar 26, 2013

What possible reason could you have for linking Chang and I?!

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
spades_lobster


Posted: 02:25PM Mar 26, 2013

No, I wasnt refering to HABS eating at all. Just your play it cool banter (I have to fight the urge to make small talk when Im a wolf)

B back l8tr guyz
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 02:36PM Mar 26, 2013

Smithy wrote:
Well if you're human you were "stupid enough" to risk a blitz with a vote in the first hour without any discussion so I don't think the "I'm too good for this" argument holds much water either way.

koin_era345 wrote:
Because a human who sees they are being labeled a wolf in an spv would suspect the SPVDer, which would be unwanted attention if the SPVDer was a wolf. I think.


This isn't a false Seer claim, this is the purpose of the game, I hardly think someone would suspect someone for that. If anything I would have thought the wolves would be more likely to claim a wolf - clearly some people must do so so that the Seer isn't too exposed if and when they do find a wolf, so the wolves would rather they were the "protectors" claiming a false wolf so that the Seer would be clearer to them if they did find a wolf.


I guess so. This spvd thing introduces a whole new world of strategy. We should definitely do it again.

I want to see a couple more posts from chang before judging him. He hasn't joined a majority all game. Now I'm thinking someone in the chang/spades/sky group, possibly chang/spades but spades has also been sounding more and more human with his last posts. Maybe celt, and he has just adjusted his activity level? Holding my vote until later in the round, when there's more to work off of.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-26 14:36:52---

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 02:55PM Mar 26, 2013

I did think claws for his Jayo vote but I agree with koin, he's been sounding more human this round, I guess this correlates with a potential lack of interest earlier which might have made him miss the Jayo implications versus increased interest now that he's directly under fire... so I'm unsure on him really.

I guess I'm kind of lost too because I was focusing on the SPVD thing which kind of detracted from the usual aspects of the game.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 03:16PM Mar 26, 2013

*stretched arms*

Hey everyone, I am home. Woke up from my nap, and ready to wolf hunt! Gonna be doing a mix of reading and checking e-mails for the next hour.


*rawr*
Back to Top 
spades_lobster


Posted: 03:17PM Mar 26, 2013

Changhill needs to speak, considering this is a test game, im tempted to blow him to hell on principle alone
Back to Top 
spades_lobster


Posted: 03:17PM Mar 26, 2013

My timing is epic

*refuses to edit and whistle like he never posted it*
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 03:19PM Mar 26, 2013

Smooth as sandpaper.

I do want to hear some thoughts from CHill though.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
celticherotus


Posted: 04:44PM Mar 26, 2013

Here I am in the nick of time. Koin's logic is awful and he barely survived a bullet that went to the seer. Voting Koin.

I'm just an ordinary average guy with nothing to lose.
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 05:18PM Mar 26, 2013

Sorry to cause such a ruckus. I am here, but adult problems come first I am a little more than half way through all the post and the last post are short... but I don't think that SPVD for a wolf means any more or less human or wolf, but I haven't given it much thought.

As far as my SPV vote from round one, I had logged on before the night and wasn't ready to break a tie with no real reason. I am not a fan of SPV, other than it gives people a reason to vote and usually a free round for the wolves.

I don't have any strong suspicions as I am not sure is left... just know that I am

From the looks of it, I am being paired as possible wolf. Don't have any reason why not to be myself, but maybe I can offer a better alternative, those are my thoughts for now, and should be back momentarily.


*rawr*
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 05:35PM Mar 26, 2013

At this point I have no read from Celtic hero, other than he may be pressed for time (and while I am at it, sorry for the double post [if that is still a thing)]

At this point I don't feel Koin is wolf. His logic comes of a bit flawed, but that said it's not convincing anyone from their own train of thought. I have never played with him, so if this is something irregular, then someone can say so.

Smithy is always logical, so if he's ever a wolf, he'll be the last to be hunted

So that leaves: changhill, Skybet, and spades_lobster.

Like I said before I can't offer any reasoning why I can't be the wolf. Kinda revealed the seer, but at that point, nothing could be helped.

I don't necessarily believe in a skybet/lobster bet (just realized my question mark key is out :/) If I had to make it a bet, I would go with a skybet/smithy option followed by a skybet/lobster.

Well there you have it, I will be around for another 5 hours for the round.


*rawr*
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 06:27PM Mar 26, 2013

Not going to be around tomorrow and I'm heading to bed so I'm just going to throw my vote in for my biggest suspect and that's the rock lobster.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
spades_lobster


Posted: 07:08PM Mar 26, 2013

I believe Smithy when he didnt realize my vote didnt enable a blitz (I think I do at least, maybe I just dont want to complicate things in my own head so am giving Smithy a pass) your comment was very fabricated. Oh, you will 'ease of me' as if you didnt realize a blitz wasnt possible? Again, your entire reason for suspecting me was based on defended an eating, which at no point did I ever do anything like. Besides your tone/approach toward me didnt change in the slightest after that so seems very hollow.

Honestly not sure who your partner would be, but doesnt matter to me right now
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 08:02PM Mar 26, 2013

celtichero wrote:
Here I am in the nick of time. Koin's logic is awful and he barely survived a bullet that went to the seer. Voting Koin.


Thanks celt, you provided some excellent logic yourself.

Tempted to go with celt, plus I already suspected him. Nothing really makes me think he's human. I realize everyone thinks he's human because of his lack of activity, but I assumed that was a semi-joke that would be revisited. The fact that it hasn't...

Virtually anyone could be his partner. Gonna put in a vote, but I think we need to make a decision soon.

Yes, it is in a sense retaliatory, but coupled with previous suspicion.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-26 20:04:12---

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
celticherotus


Posted: 08:06PM Mar 26, 2013

Your logic about my logic saying your logic is bad logic is terrible logic.

Keeping vote where it stands.


I'm just an ordinary average guy with nothing to lose.
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 08:15PM Mar 26, 2013

Your logic about my logic being bad is terrible. My logic about your logic about my logic being bad was fine.

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
spades_lobster


Posted: 08:16PM Mar 26, 2013

These two are way to hostile to eachother, possible partners but i gotta sleep, bbl
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 10:02PM Mar 26, 2013

Lol, can't we all agree that I has all the logic. I guess everyone does what they want(insert questionmark)

I mean next round, people will have to be held accountable for their actions. Round will be over by the time I wake up. But I am not calling it a night just yet. I will put in my vote.


*rawr*
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 04:35AM Mar 27, 2013

Well Claws has done a better job of defending himself/attacking others than Sky, I'm trying to be more open to changing my mind so as this is a game of experiments I'll do a flip to Sky (now watch this be the wrong move ).

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
celticherotus


Posted: 05:50AM Mar 27, 2013

Good game guys.

I'm just an ordinary average guy with nothing to lose.
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : None 

Online Now: 7 users and 353 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account