Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2929

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by dfamina. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 8 rounds.

Discussion of Round #2

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

AuthorMessage
changhill*us


Posted: 11:10AM Jun 16, 2013

Wow, that was bloody fast. Two humans down, neither was the Seer.

---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 12:24:30---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 11:13AM Jun 16, 2013

Not sure if their is anything to add :O

*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 11:28AM Jun 16, 2013

holy S!@! awesomely fast

SPV for now


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
debc1A


Posted: 11:29AM Jun 16, 2013

wow
will vote random for now
want to hear from others

edit

kevy you are going to get me in trouble!!!


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 11:34:45---

This space is intentionally left blank.
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 11:40AM Jun 16, 2013



*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 11:42AM Jun 16, 2013

You can just tell him to stop mimicking you I think Deb

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 11:47AM Jun 16, 2013

The_Spider wrote:
You can just tell him to stop mimicking you I think Deb


This is very true, but please refer to my previous post (this is basically my reaction to such request)


*rawr*
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 12:03PM Jun 16, 2013

We're going to have to shoot at least one of chang or deb if he keeps copying deb because it gives her vote too much power. Voting chang.

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
debc1A


Posted: 12:11PM Jun 16, 2013

kevy stop

This space is intentionally left blank.
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 12:12PM Jun 16, 2013

HarryPutter wrote:
We're going to have to shoot at least one of chang or deb if he keeps copying deb because it gives her vote too much power. Voting chang.


Yes, because we were clearly leading the votes last round ...

debc1 wrote:
kevy stop


*leaves to sit in the corner*


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 12:16:21---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 12:16PM Jun 16, 2013

You were in the shooting majority

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 12:17PM Jun 16, 2013

HarryPutter wrote:
You were in the shooting majority


Only after we changed our votes to end the round early... by request of spider... (I can't remember who it was before, but we changed our voted like 3 or 4 times)


*rawr*
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 12:33PM Jun 16, 2013

What the deuce? Round 2 already?

SPV now, home later for a closer look.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
debc1A


Posted: 12:39PM Jun 16, 2013

you are so cute but mayhem!!

yes dan asked me to end the round


This space is intentionally left blank.
Back to Top 
phantasma*


Posted: 12:59PM Jun 16, 2013

Wow, that was a fast round! I'm going to be busy today celebrating fathers day with my father, so am not going to be around much. I figured that wouldn't be a problem, but with the night ending so quickly, I guess I am out of luck. I'm going to get an SPV in for now, and I'm voting for changhill because I agree with HarryPutter that his vote is giving deb too much power.


I'll try to come back and check in this evening, but I can't make any promises. It is nice to see such an active, fun game! I'm worried I'm going to miss quite a bit being gone all day.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 01:24PM Jun 16, 2013

Ehh doubting Chang is the best vote right now. He can obviously (I would assume he wouldn't sabotage the game pursuing pointless loyalty) change his tactics as the game advances, and I don't think such a fabricated and odd strategy would be played by a wolf (at the very least I doubt both him and Deb are wolves) Let's not be hasty on this one...but I guess I don't know Chang well so remains a possibility

changhill voted for changhill
debc1 voted for phantasma
HarryPutter voted for changhill
phantasma voted for changhill
Skybet voted for Smithy
The_Spider voted for SirHar


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 13:25:22---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
MarkusAus


Posted: 01:25PM Jun 16, 2013

meanwhile im voting phantasma because it is obvious that she slightly read the round, and is making up a weak excuse for voting in the majority

not saying she's a wolf, but she is iffy to me and I don't like iffiness and thats It for now


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 13:30:23---

Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Back to Top 
xxsoftballxx13xtus


Posted: 01:32PM Jun 16, 2013

I'm slightly confused as to why chang is copying deb's vote. Is it merely because he trusts her, or is there some underlying reasoning that I am missing?

For now, I will cast an SPV. I don't think it would be wise to send chang off this early, but it does really strike me odd that he is voting for himself...


"I never stopped. It's still written in the scars on my heart."
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 01:39PM Jun 16, 2013

On the other hand, Chang could be a wolf, his play reminded me from something from a pretty cool site (tvtropes.org), called 'refuge in audacity' basically if your gonna be suspicious be so suspicious no one could think you were playing this oddly as a wolf

take a look

Refuge


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 01:47PM Jun 16, 2013

I have only played with chang once a while back, and that was only a 10 player game, so I have no idea on his character. I don't really know how to react to his play at the moment it's clear it's irritating deb a bit, perhaps because it's exposing them/her? I think it's probably worth a punt on either player at this stage, but it's just one of those situations where it just feels too obvious.

I'm taking spid's last post with a pinch of salt, I can't really put my finger on it, but it feels like he's trying to spin chang's behavior into seeming wolfish. But I do see your point also.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 01:59PM Jun 16, 2013

The_Spider wrote:
On the other hand, Chang could be a wolf, his play reminded me from something from a pretty cool site (tvtropes.org), called 'refuge in audacity' basically if your gonna be suspicious be so suspicious no one could think you were playing this oddly as a wolf

take a look

Refuge


I have definitely and successfully played that tactic... not this time, but not a far stretch, good catch spider. Just be careful who and when you decide to trust someone. Round 1 is obviously a bit early, round 2 you have a better idea, and by round three you should be actively learning and testing your hypothesis.

@ deb, thank you... but I am not nearly as cute as my avi

@phantasma, I agree with markus, that is a rather weak argument. I hope that you are paying more attention in the future.

@markus, good morning, not sure if you directed anything in my direction, so i thought i'd just be friendly

@sb, deb is a close and reliable friend, she is usually the first person I will clear (unless I am the seer: rule #2) and move on from there... Copying round 1/2 votes is a tactic I have never used before, so I tried to see if I could implement and use it to test for humanness and test other that fell under small pressure early ( the classic over-reaction). As far as my self vote, that's another tactic (but i'll keep that to myself ), but like I stated to HP, two votes will not greatly influence the game if people are playing as individuals and not groups then I should be fine. Another reason is as of now I am waiting to hear from other people, before I place a more permanent vote. I will occasionally place a vote for myself as a place holder/transitioning point.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 16:35:28---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 02:07PM Jun 16, 2013

~~~Changhill's WWG BIO~~~

(Sorry about the double post and if this comes off as 'egotistical') But I almost always play as an open character (wolf/human), if I am being reserved, chances are that I am seer (just a classic tell among most people , one of which I can't help )

76 game(s) played. 26 game(s) moderated.

Above is my current standing, as you can tell I've been around the block at least once. I don't consider myself the best player around, but I do have insight to most things. A lot of the time I will notice something, but not able to place them into words (one of the reasons I hate english soo much). As proven, no topic with me is taboo unless you bring up my Chinese or American Heritage as a negative .

In short I look forward to playing with y'all more. And hoping to get back into modding soon


*rawr*
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 02:09PM Jun 16, 2013

Don't worry chang, I don't think you're a wolf. I was just trying to scare you into playing properly.

But I'm starting to think deb is one, so that made your vote all the more dangerous. Now voting for deb.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 14:10:54---

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 02:15PM Jun 16, 2013

I enjoyed the Kill Bill reference chang

I am inclined to agree with Harry. I will wait until we have full seer coverage before deciding on any switches, though.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 02:19PM Jun 16, 2013


changhill voted for changhill
debc1 voted for phantasma
HarryPutter voted for debc1
Markus voted for phantasma
phantasma voted for changhill
Skybet voted for Smithy
The_Spider voted for SirHar
xxsoftballxx13x voted for unctarheel


"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 03:25PM Jun 16, 2013


Wow, quick night, would have said something before, but I only had my phone, and its acting up
I've just realized that changhill isn't OC haha, I was wondering why the 'like a sir' avi was a little different..

I thought I'd vote for Har this round, but with the quick night I'm against that
I have a small list of suspects; Spid, Debc and Chang based on the fact that they were first to post and it could possibly be linked to the quickness of the night time, though this is weak - still an idea. (Har and Skybet are in that list as well, because those two are always wolves).

I am going to place a vote on Spid for now as an SPV.


Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 03:31PM Jun 16, 2013

For the record if you start using the shortness of the night in any reasoning you can forget getting any more short nights this game.

SPV for now, need a nap before I can think.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 03:38PM Jun 16, 2013


Fair enough, just thought it'd be an idea worth looking at :p


Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 04:16PM Jun 16, 2013

Deb it looks like your a suspect....I think you know what you have to do if you want out

---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 16:16:45---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
unctarheelAus


Posted: 04:53PM Jun 16, 2013

Skybet wrote:
I have only played with chang once a while back, and that was only a 10 player game, so I have no idea on his character.


chang is a total wild card. he does crazy stuff as a human and as a wolf, so he's very hard to read in my opinion.

spv for now.


this isnt where i parked my car
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 05:20PM Jun 16, 2013

My top suspect is deb, followed by sky. I don't think chang would do this as a wolf, personally

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
xxsoftballxx13xtus


Posted: 05:51PM Jun 16, 2013

Changhill wrote:
I will occasionally place a vote for myself as a place holder/transitioning point.


Oh. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this imply that when you vote for yourself, you are merely protecting the seer until you feel strongly enough about another vote? That makes enough sense.

Putter, could you explain the deb vote? I'm looking at her posts and they seem pretty normal.

I think I will hold my vote for the time being and check back in at least once before the round is over.


"I never stopped. It's still written in the scars on my heart."
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 05:57PM Jun 16, 2013

If I vote Deb here she might never play with me again

Im not picking up any strong vibes from anyone yet, mostly good players making it a little more difficult.


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 06:51PM Jun 16, 2013

xxsoftballxx13x wrote:
Changhill wrote:
I will occasionally place a vote for myself as a place holder/transitioning point.


Oh. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this imply that when you vote for yourself, you are merely protecting the seer until you feel strongly enough about another vote? That makes enough sense.


Haha, I see what you did there... and you would be right, if you had my intentions right. I am not voting to protect the seer. I was the first to post this round, even so, I waited to copy deb to vote. So the vote for myself was not my initial vote and I can't unvote (at least not that I am aware of) I am about to make my list and place vote.

For those seriously pondering a deb vote, look else where... so is smithy, chris, and pretty sure phantasma... more details in the list.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 20:13:16---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:27PM Jun 16, 2013

Might be time to start thinking about a direction here, this round will be over sooner than we think with a noonish finish....gonna be reviewing the rounds over next hour or so (doing other things).

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
unctarheelAus


Posted: 07:28PM Jun 16, 2013

should we look anything into the eating of evita? from what little i know of her, she seems to be very close to harryputter, so that would lead me to think he wouldnt want her eaten so early. but i dont know most of you that well, so i just wanted to throw that out there, and i'll defer to others who know them better.

this isnt where i parked my car
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:38PM Jun 16, 2013

I would think he would def not eat her, at least this early, cause it doesnt clear him in any way (3 wolves vote not 1) BUT it does mean he, which he wouldnt be anyway, isnt one of my top suspects. It does strike me as noteworthy that she WASNT in the coolnine majority, nothing substantial at all, but makes me lean to a certain type of player (inexperienced maybe?) who automactially thought PLAYER SHOT COOL = PLAYER SUSPICIOUS type thing. Again very little to go of so this is more inconsequential musing on my part

---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 19:46:08---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 07:41PM Jun 16, 2013

I'm gonna use the tvtropes link as an excuse for not being here all round

Deb and Chris come off as suspicious early on, deb for getting annoyed at chang copying her and chris for pretty much all his posts.

I think this is the first game ever where smithy seems human, something must be up...

edit: Putting in a random spv for the time being


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 19:42:00---

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
unctarheelAus


Posted: 07:53PM Jun 16, 2013

right right, i wasnt saying it would definitively clear him, but to, as you said, move him down my suspect list.

this isnt where i parked my car
Back to Top 
xxsoftballxx13xtus


Posted: 08:17PM Jun 16, 2013

This might be the last time I'll be able to log on this round, as Chinese camp starts bright and early tomorrow. I don't really have much else to say, though I don't really think that deb getting annoyed at chang for copying her is a suspicious thing. I would have gotten annoyed if someone was copying me, mostly because my sister does it all of the time...

Chang, I don't really see your logic in your voting tactics, and your response seemed --- not to be offensive --- a little cocky to me. It seems out of character from what I remember, but you came off that way a little bit in the last game as well, so I'm unsure if you have changed your game play or if my memory is downright awful. But that's just me reading into things, and I don't really think that alone is enough for me to change my vote at this point (in the second round). However, what Spider said earlier was in the back of my mind, and it keeps surfacing. I feel like you may be playing almost too confidently so there would be no way anyone would suspect you of being a wolf.

Therefore, I think I am going to go with my gut and switch my vote to chang. It will most likely be permanent, as I probably won't be able to log on again before the round is over.

EDIT:

changhill voted for changhill
debc1 voted for phantasma
HarryPutter voted for debc1
koin_era345 voted for Markus
Markus voted for phantasma
phantasma voted for changhill
PianistChris voted for The_Spider
Skybet voted for Smithy
Smithy voted for koin_era345
The_Spider voted for SirHar
unctarheel voted for Skybet
xxsoftballxx13x voted for changhill


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 20:18:40---

"I never stopped. It's still written in the scars on my heart."
Back to Top 
debc1A


Posted: 08:40PM Jun 16, 2013

checking in

i don't think harry would eat evi...but then evi does know harry and i think she would pick up on that sooner than the rest of us, that being said, i don't think she would say anything until he was the last wolf

kevy is a wild card, like a terrible two year old on crack i just hope for the best where he is concerned, until he really does something outrageous

and if you note people were upset that he was copying me, therefore putting us both up as suspects, it seems i am constantly having to defend myself

so i am looking at the ones that are most annoyed with that


This space is intentionally left blank.
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 08:54PM Jun 16, 2013

It's not much, but I've noticed how deb tends to justify and vote strategically as a wolf (early on) whereas she's usually pretty careless as a human

And if you think I wouldn't eat evi as a wolf, then you don't know my experience with her in wwg. But I didn't because I'm human


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 20:55:33---

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:57PM Jun 16, 2013

Give me one game where you ate her in Round one

though I agree her last post solidifies your point more than anything else she has posted. It feels a bit fabricated. Sometimes people try to 'recap' the round it ends up just being some hastily thrown together thoughts on a few things, iunno never feels right to me....

Ill vote Deb, one somewhat legit suspicious, you better bust out that promise Deb if you want me to change


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 21:09:21---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 09:37PM Jun 16, 2013

It seems like there's a lot of talk about a deb vote, but not a lot of actual voting for deb. not sure how to interpret that though.

I'll vote deb for the time being since the markus vote is just a placeholder.

I can probably check in again in the morning before the round ends for final comments/vote switching


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 09:51PM Jun 16, 2013

@sb, Like I've told spider last game, try not put too much into the words. If this were an in-person game, then yea, you're in a position to evaluate tone and meaning. But this game isn't. I am not sure where I came off as cocky.

Like I said, my tactics are for me (not necessarily the masses) and I'll admit they can be 'questionable', but they work for me. I am trying to get reads off people. And as Deb pointed out, people reacted more too my antics than she did (and people were voting against her). Those are things that couldn't have been evaluated unless something happened (IMHO). You may follow different tells, and that's great, but again, we just have different processes...

Three things left to say:

1) I agree, I could be playing the 'refuge in audacity' card, I've done it before and will probably do it again. But then that just tasks me here to prove my non-wolfuness.

2) I don't mind being killed off if it will put people to ease. I won't be mad or upset, thinking: "those stupid humans, it was so obvious that I wasn't a wolf *!%$^$!!!. I will however be upset when times comes when it is the second to last round to kill me then and I gave you full opportunity to kill me before. I believe in the benefit of the majority and if that doesn't include me for whatever reason, so be it

3) Not sure I will get to my list, cooking too too long . Still seems quiet, I know it's father's day and all, but only the same people keep posting... Unless people are really that suspicious of me, I will be placing a vote against a low active person. I can't get any reads off them and their contribution probably won't be able to match that of others... so yup


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 21:54:35---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
unctarheelAus


Posted: 09:59PM Jun 16, 2013

i dont think theres anything to the early chang/deb stuff, but i do agree with this point about deb:

The_Spider wrote:
though I agree her last post solidifies your point more than anything else she has posted. It feels a bit fabricated. Sometimes people try to 'recap' the round it ends up just being some hastily thrown together thoughts on a few things, iunno never feels right to me....


it sounded like she was just trying a little too hard to make a meaningful post, so i would regretfully be ok with a deb shooting

i also wouldnt mind a phantasma vote, due to her quick jump onto that early majority on chang.

for now i will lock in a vote for phantasma, and give deb a chance to respond to spider's request.


this isnt where i parked my car
Back to Top 
MarkusAus


Posted: 10:01PM Jun 16, 2013

just been sitting here chillin reading peoples posts, chang is posting quite a bit which is cool, harry is assured of himself as usual, though I understand where he I coming from (deb you still haven't said you are human )

but I don't like to read in to much of the early rounds so I seak later, my vote for phantasma still stands, as I don't think deb is quite suspicious yet as my intuition seems to be telling me about others, take it or leave it my vote stands as it is


Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Back to Top 
phantasma*


Posted: 10:30PM Jun 16, 2013

I don't understand how an SPV with a reason is worse than an SPV early on in the round? I am a firm believer of at least having some reason to vote for someone before actually locking my sights on them, so since I wanted to lodge an SPV, I figured some reaons was better than none. For those of you who think I didn't read the discussion close enough, I'm sorry. I was in a hurry this morning and thought I had explained that I would be gone all day. I will attempt to satisfy your thirst for a closer read in the future. Remember, I don't know all of you as well as you know each other so it might take me a little longer to get a read on you. I don't have the advantage of playing as many games with you as you all seem to have.

As I'm reading, I'm having a difficult time keeping you all separate in my head, and for some reason all the blue is making me think you are all the same person.

I am still feeling like keeping my vote on changhill, I still don't understand his insistance on copying deb's vote, he even says here that he was waiting to copy deb's vote:
I was the first to post this round, even so, I waited to copy deb to vote.

Yet, in a post just above that, he is on my case about having a weak arguement for my SPV vote, insisting that I need to read closer next time. It seems a bit odd to be defending himself using the same reasoning that he is "attacking" me with. A bit hypocritical, even.

I am going to need to probably make some notes about each of you and how you are playing the game before being able to really go into more suspicions I have. I find it interesting to hear about how some people act normally as wolfs or humans, I wish I had the same insight, it seems like it would make deciding on a suspect much easier.

Oh, and Deb, I'm not very suspicious of you right now, despite my concern about changhill voting for you. But then, I don't know you, so I might be completely wrong.

I'm curious, why is no one concerned that SirHar has been completely inactive this round? I might change my vote to him because from what I understand, inactive players do nothing to help the game. Even with a short night round, he could have been on at the beginning of night to vote and then disappeared for the day. Hard to interpret actions and words if you don't talk at all.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:36PM Jun 16, 2013

Im a little leery of shooting either Deb or Chang because I dont think they make any sense as a pair, being bold on your own dime is one thing but potentially dragging a partner into your scheme can get your partner pretty annoyed if it fails...If we have an 'excluded pair' it may make sense to keep them around. For now Im good with my vote...though Im curious to see what the early AMers bring to the mix, especially our poor little nappy artist pumpkin

I really dont see anything Chang's done as hypocritical per se, but Im out until tommorow

Actually last thought, the only other possibility is Chang and Deb are partners, and Chang, rather than having to risk subtlely defending Deb at various points in the game, threw in a blanket, I WILL DEFEND DEB'S HONOR AT ALL COST and thus hopefully prevent us from viewing any acts to save Deb as suspicious......unlikely, but the one mindset I could see someone taking to protect their partner in this fashion


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 22:47:53---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 11:02PM Jun 16, 2013

The_Spider wrote:
I really dont see anything Chang's done as hypocritical per se, but Im out until tommorow


If I remember anything from debate, it's that not much is black and white, just a bunch a gray. Reason why critical thinking and one size doesn't fit all unless it's a sock or hat (and even then). So I would be lying if I said I had never contradicted myself...

phantasma wrote:
I am a firm believer of at least having some reason to vote for someone before actually locking my sights on them, so since I wanted to lodge an SPV, I figured some reaons was better than none.

I am still feeling like keeping my vote on changhill, I still don't understand his insistance on copying deb's vote, he even says here that he was waiting to copy deb's vote:
I was the first to post this round, even so, I waited to copy deb to vote.

Yet, in a post just above that, he is on my case about having a weak arguement for my SPV vote, insisting that I need to read closer next time. It seems a bit odd to be defending himself using the same reasoning that he is "attacking" me with. A bit hypocritical, even.

I am going to need to probably make some notes about each of you and how you are playing the game before being able to really go into more suspicions I have. I find it interesting to hear about how some people act normally as wolfs or humans, I wish I had the same insight, it seems like it would make deciding on a suspect much easier.


Having a reason is usually better than nothing. The issue wasn't necessarily your vote for me, it was that you were extending a majority even further. Even further, it was based on logic that had been disproved. (Deb and I didn't join the majority last round till it was already established, and we only did it to end the round about an hour early)

I am not hiding my antics from anyone (my copying of debs vote). I clearly state a reason for it, to get reads off of people. It wasn't all meaningless So I don't believe I am being hypocritical. I have a reasonable argument for my vote (see above).

Lastly, no one (at least not myself) is going to fault you for being unfamiliar with people or being busy. Just be honest, like you were in your last post... If you're in a rush, be honest about it and say that you're just logging in a MoO vote because you may not be back. Don't push a majority, (Because if either one of us it's human) it's hard to change your vote if you're not actually here to do so.And you said it yourself, you may have to take notes and work harder compared to other people.

@spider, That's a possibility, but last game I was more protective of deb last game than right now. I haven't really protected deb at all this round. I think she's mostly human, but I've only given her one test and at least two are required. (HERE) But you're right, Deb is one of few weaknesses based on personal influences. But understand I would never push my role/position onto her. She was not on board with the copy vote, so I ceased. I told her I would, she requested and I obliged. If we both ended up as 'partnered' wolves, I would NEVER risk such tactic (unless she consented in a TB). She would have deserved to play her wolf game the way she sought fit, and I would never force my hand upon hers.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-16 23:12:51---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
unctarheelAus


Posted: 12:04AM Jun 17, 2013

you know what this round needs? a har list.

this isnt where i parked my car
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 01:08AM Jun 17, 2013

The phant majority isn't very fair, imo It seems like people are just voting for him because they don't know him too well rather than any substantive reason. And as far as I'm concerned, a vote for chang was completely justified since it seemed like you were blindly copying someone's vote - which is even more harmful than an inactive since you're setting up potential runaway majorities and (from my view) giving too much power to someone acting pretty suspicious.

Anyway, I think deb or har should be shot this round Shooting phant is petty at best.

Had to edit out some unsubstantiated claims in case smithy saw that


---This message was edited on 2013-06-17 01:22:06---

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 01:36AM Jun 17, 2013

(hypocrite time?)

Honestly, you're taking something that was in jest to seriously. I am not saying the vote against me couldn't be justified. But my actions weren't blind nor was it just someone. And as I've said before our votes didn't lead anywhere, nor did I expect them too. Your argument is too hypothetical for my taste. You make your case like people are blindly/irrationally gonna form a mob. There are only three wolves.

I wouldn't say that phant majority is unfair. She justifies her vote rather poorly. She acknowledge she's in unfamiliar territory, but hasn't justified/proven (IMO) how she will contribute. Her last post was a chance to do that, but she still made mistakes that can be attributed to not reading closely.


*rawr*
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 01:43AM Jun 17, 2013

Sorry I've been useless this round, dead to the world last night and now not enough time to do much this morning and won't be back from work im time for the end of the round.

Personally I feel the phant votes are a little unjustified, nothing wrong with joining a decent vote, people complain when SPVs are random and bring MoOs so not sure why doing the opposite is suspicious. Obviously they've done nothing much to look human yet but neither does this look all that wolfy.

Chang/Deb votes are reasonably justified though as Unc said chang is a bit of a wild card with odd behaviour and Deb does sound a little like she did last game when defending herself as a human. If Putter's point about her rationalising more as a wolf is accurate that's a pretty good reason but I don't have time to substantiate it now.

I was going to switch to koin because his posts seem a little off but I see my SPV already lies there.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 01:58AM Jun 17, 2013

Smithy wrote:
Deb does sound a little like she did last game when defending herself as a human. If Putter's point about her rationalising more as a wolf is accurate that's a pretty good reason but I don't have time to substantiate it now.

I was going to switch to koin because his posts seem a little off but I see my SPV already lies there.


While I can't agree with all of your posting, as far as wolf hunting goes, I could reason a koin jar vote instead. But I would want other people to chime-in.

At this point I don't 100% know if deb is Human or not (I am at about 72% percent human. Deb is not the same as last game. The votes, while small, have but her to an early defense. She hasn't utter the famous "I am human" line that some people are expecting (not including myself). Compared to last round though, I had more time, time I am willing to fight for.

***EDIT TO ADD***

I don't see anyone from our game (that haven't already posted) in the recent online now section below. So I will be hitting the hay. There are 9 hrs ahead, plenty of time for votes to change a bit. I can support a phant/koin vote. So if at least one person (hp, phant, and/or softball) is willing to change their vote by my next log-in. I can add another vote to koin.

G'night yall.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-17 02:06:18---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 02:08AM Jun 17, 2013

I'm so glad to be back in a regs game. Nice posts and solid reasoning.

As I alluded to earlier, I'm fairly keen on a deb vote. She seems very different to usual, quite a few more posts per round, quite jovial etc. Also getting a bit annoyed with chang, I can't see a human getting as irritated by this. I do feel, however, Har is probably more deserving of a bullet as of now, for failing to vote. So until he comes on I'm sending my vote there. If he comes on, I will probably switch to deb.

Not a lot of time before work this morn so just a quickie.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 02:11AM Jun 17, 2013

@ skybet, you're not the only one and I agree .(and you're my new hero of the round)... Nothing to add, solid post. I would like to see har and his har list... this chang is no replacement

*rawr*
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 02:30AM Jun 17, 2013

Hypotheticals are what I consider when anticipating danger But you're no longer dangerous since your joke is over, and that's why I stopped voting for you. But at the time phant locked in his vote, him also perceiving this danger makes sense (though I don't see it making much sense any more, which is why I'm hoping he comes around to voting deb to save himself).

Har usually gets off his graveyard shift around this time, so we'll see if he has anything helpful to add


"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 02:37AM Jun 17, 2013

I think we have different definitions of WWG dangers. In an awful awful world, I could see the dangers. But no one brought it up last round, so when use it as an argument this round (excluding you, because you were active early). I see more danger in what phat did, she extended the majority and then said she might not be back. I think extending a majority is more probable and dangerous, than 'starting' a majority (without reason).

*rawr*
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 06:02AM Jun 17, 2013


I see I am in the range of suspicion from some people, but I must adhere you that I shouldn't be, for I am Tim, the Enchanter.

I haven't played a lot of games with deb to see her as a wolf, but if the votes seem to be staggering towards her so I am assuming she is what she is, or some (or few) wolfies are picking her out and convincing others to shoot towards her. I don't think chang is much a suspect, I haven't played with him at all, but with the posts he's posted I don't feel as though he could be the best suspect, correct me if I am wrong - being that I've never met chang before, I don't think...

I also have a small suspicion growing on Sky and it is for this reason *waves fire stick*:

I have been often a wolf in my last few games, and that irritates Sky, but yet, in this game he has failed to accuse me of being a wolf, whether it'd be for a legitimate reason, or because he knows that I'm 'always a wolf'. So for that reason, he has come across my suspicion - its either he forgot to bash me as per usual, or he is a wolf himself and changed to his wolf strategy which did not include him bashing me. Any thoughts on this?



Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 06:44AM Jun 17, 2013

You're suspicious of me because I've registered no suspicion of you yet? That's a new one! Ironically that post has made me hugely suspicious of you

Still no sign of Har, so sticking with my vote.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 06:55AM Jun 17, 2013

The one with the Unicorn said:

That's a new one! Ironically that post has made me hugely suspicious of you


You see! You didn't even have a suspicion of me before hand. Whereas in all our other games I'm first to blame from you (don't quote me on that). The quote I mention in this post could be a good indicator that the Unicorn is a Uniwolf, rather than defend in some other manner, you chose to defend by claiming high suspicion on me.


Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:30AM Jun 17, 2013

Im also pretty suspicious of Chris (but as i noted its been awhile since ive seen him as human) this is at least the second time he pro-actively invited suspicion ("I hope interesting doesnt refer to me Spider"----Round 1)Just seems a little insecure...I will be on the road once 10 (90 mins) rolls around so need to make up my mind soon. Im ok with my vote, and could be talked into a few others but most likely will leave most of the 'regs' alone in this round

hanghill voted for phantasma
debc1 voted for phantasma
HarryPutter voted for debc1
koin_era345 voted for debc1
Markus voted for phantasma
phantasma voted for changhill
PianistChris voted for The_Spider
Skybet voted for SirHar
Smithy voted for koin_era345
The_Spider voted for debc1
unctarheel voted for phantasma
xxsoftballxx13x voted for changhill

EDIT: Its still round two and the only way I can way I could justify not voting Har is "fruit of the poisonous tree" so to speak. Im here a bit longer, but will vote Har to put him in the mix....even though it strengthens the Phantasma majority, you guys are big boys and can work out of it if you want


---This message was edited on 2013-06-17 07:48:40---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 08:08AM Jun 17, 2013

changhill voted for phantasma
debc1 voted for phantasma
HarryPutter voted for debc1
koin_era345 voted for debc1
Markus voted for phantasma
phantasma voted for changhill
PianistChris voted for The_Spider
Skybet voted for SirHar
Smithy voted for koin_era345
The_Spider voted for SirHar
unctarheel voted for phantasma
xxsoftballxx13x voted for changhill

The phant majority seems human because a wolf might be more likely to go with the missing Har or the universally suspected deb... ironically those are the ones I'm myself am voting.

Thirding the vote on har because he's not helping us here and I don't really agree with the phant majority (don't want to split votes)


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
HarryPutter*ca


Posted: 08:18AM Jun 17, 2013

No choice but to switch to Har

Now tied with phant


---This message was edited on 2013-06-17 08:19:30---

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept." - George Carlin
Back to Top 
debc1A


Posted: 08:41AM Jun 17, 2013

checking in - at work

last game it was dan this game it is kevy, i just can't win with ya'll

and i do believe i have been insulted, thanks harry

you might think my votes mean nothing, but i do put some thought into them

and really you want me to say i am HUMAN....again!!!! i would never purposely use something against you like that weather i thought you were a wolf or not,


This space is intentionally left blank.
Back to Top 
phantasma*


Posted: 08:52AM Jun 17, 2013

changhill wrote:
I wouldn't say that phant majority is unfair. She justifies her vote rather poorly. She acknowledge she's in unfamiliar territory, but hasn't justified/proven (IMO) how she will contribute. Her last post was a chance to do that, but she still made mistakes that can be attributed to not reading closely.


Chang, can you please elaborate, then, on what it is that I am not reading close enough to see? Because from my vantage point, I have read and reread the posts in this game several times and still feel the need to get out a piece of paper and write down some notes about each one of you. Yes, it is true, I have not done that yet, but then again, I have a job, a family, a life outside of this game, and time has not allowed me to do so. So perhaps if I am missing something, you could point me in the correct direction, otherwise I'm inclined to think you are just not happy with the conclusion I have made because it means a vote for you.

On a different note, koin, can you elaborate on what you mean by
The phant majority seems human because a wolf might be more likely to go with the missing Har or the universally suspected deb... ironically those are the ones I'm myself am voting.
Do you mean you think I am human? Or that the people voting for me are human?


Finally, I am comfortable being shot as this is just a game. I am not going to change my vote to save myself because I believe in having a reason for my vote, which has been my arguement all along. My inclination to vote for chang hasn't changed just because my own "life" is in danger. I have to go to work now, so I will just have to let the chips lie where they fall. If I am shot, well, thanks for letting me join all of you.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:57AM Jun 17, 2013

Har not protecting the seer is a perfectly valid reason for a vote, if you are human, save yourself.


I think I know what koin meant with his post....im about out the door though...but tbh koin post has me a little suspicious, next round perhaps


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 09:08AM Jun 17, 2013

Phant, by that post I meant I think the people voting you are human. especially markus and unc, though its possible markus voted without thinking it would gain so much support. That's not to say you are a wolf, or a human, I'm indifferent about you at this point.

I also dont really get my why you aren't saving yourself, even if both you and har are wolves it would make sense to get him shot now.

I'm gonna assume the elaboration on what was wrong with my post will come next round...


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 09:48AM Jun 17, 2013

debc1 wrote:
last game it was dan this game it is kevy, i just can't win with ya'll

you might think my votes mean nothing, but i do put some thought into them

and really you want me to say i am HUMAN....again!!!! i would never purposely use something against you like that weather i thought you were a wolf or not,


What did I do? I am the one trying to save you through logic and reasons (with a little bartering). So don't compare me to dan. I don't feel the same about you last round... but there are still many many rounds to go... you're 72% (humanness) is still a hell lot better than a lot of people. So don't be mad at me.

@phant, It really is a lot to say...

1) Close reading: I make sure that I address everything (whether it be a comment towards me or some post that I would like to elaborate on as my opinion) So there are several instances where you make a claim and I've acknowledged and explained, but you still seem like you didn't read (re-asking the same question). I will go over an example in my third point.

2) Again, I am not faulting you with having a busy life, most of us do. But like in the real world, some people are gonna have advantages and you're gonna have to work harder to compete. You haven't said along the lines of what you can contribute and there's more you could have contributed (IMO)

3)I am not upset at all with your vote against me at all. And here is why I don't think you're reading closely. I have stated in this game that a vote against me could be argued, spider brought up a prime example/idea. And that if the majority called for it, I am fine voting myself (but people have other interest so maybe next round). I understand that this is a game and I am human and non-seer that being voted against isn't going to upset me.

4) Reason of suspicion/(Honor?): If you are really human, you would vote to protect yourself. You know that you are (supposedly) 100% human, everyone else is up for debate. So why be willing to make that trade? To me it seems like a wolf giving up (mathgeek last game round 2) (I erroneously saved him ) That's about it...


---This message was edited on 2013-06-17 09:56:32---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
xxsoftballxx13xtus


Posted: 09:49AM Jun 17, 2013

Checking in from Chinese camp. (we occasionally get to use iPads).

I skimmed the last few posts because of time issues as we only have a ten minute break, and I realized that it makes the most sense for me to change my vote to har, as Chang is at least voting to protect the seer, even though that might not be his intentions.

Therefore, I will be changing my vote.... No time to post more. Next round.


"I never stopped. It's still written in the scars on my heart."
Back to Top 
dfamina


Posted: 11:24AM Jun 17, 2013

Brave Sir Har, he ran away.
Bravely ran away, away.
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.

Yes, brave Sir Har, he turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet,
He beat a very brave retreat.

Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Har!

Note: I didn't post the entire song because it's a bit long for one post.

Anyway, Sir Har was a human. Just a regular human.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-17 11:25:27---
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : ismartguy 

Online Now: 13 users and 634 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account