Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2929

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by dfamina. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 8 rounds.

Discussion of Round #4

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

AuthorMessage
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:56PM Jun 18, 2013

RFM

No need to ID those eaten beyond this point, suffice to say that phantasma gave the remaining wolves indigestion.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 21:05:40---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:58PM Jun 18, 2013

Well this round should be a lot more interesting

Eating is somewhat surprising as with the Deb killing is a bit out of place, will think about things and come up with something a little firmer soon


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
xxsoftballxx13xtus


Posted: 09:09PM Jun 18, 2013

I was just about to go to bed, but I saw the notification and figured I'd post some thoughts/findings before I did so, as I might not be able to get on at all during the day tomorrow. I just don't know.

Last round I posted my feelings on everyone, though I didn't do a very good job with koin, phantasma, Chris, or UNC.

Koin- I looked at his last game as a wolf, and though he was shot in round one by an odd mini-majority thing, it seems as though he was eager to shoot a human in round one (in other words to get out of the moO). This really doesn't help me at all in getting a read on him, but just thought I'd share my findings.

Chris- In my opinion, he made a good wolf. He stayed on the down-low, didn't really voice opinions that went against the crowd, didn't accuse people. All around, he was timid. I think the only reason he was shot the round that he was shot in was because he didn't post...

UNC- The only game I saw of UNC's was the last one we played in, which was a complete nightmare by round four. He was human, and from what I could tell, he was a bit over-eager to save himself. I think it was in the first round when people were just throwing around his name, and he moved his vote to make a mini-majority, though there's a strong possibility I wrote something down wrong when I was taking notes cause this is very jumbled.

I don't really know what to think of the phantasma eating. It seems... random, for lack of a better word.

I'm not going to place a vote as of now. I would like to hear what others have to say because no one is standing out as a wolf to me...

Goodnight.


"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 09:16PM Jun 18, 2013

There are also some important pieces of intel in Round 2 remember, Harry and I voted Deb (a man must speak up for himself here and there ) and Koin was the third Deb vote, it was partially Har's uselessness that saved Deb as well as a competing Phant majority that we now know was on a human. Koin drops far down my suspect list for the time being as does Sky I think (pending full review of Round 2)

I had thought Chang/Deb didnt make sense, but I am willing to entertain the opposite notion if its up for discussion. Normally I would think something is up with the PC last minutes vote switch last round, but he posted JUST after UNC so its unlikley he realized he was ending the round, decreasing the odds it was a desperate bus move. Not totally sure about everything else, have to reevaluate some of my 'human' reads at this point.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 21:16:57---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 09:31PM Jun 18, 2013

Unc and then chris are my main suspects here.

Deb list from last round for reference:
changhill - 78% sure i am human i think he is the only one
debc1 - really how many times do i have to say it??
koin_era345 - suspects me - could be wolf
Markus - suspects me - not sure
phantasma - don't know but probably suspects me after kevy - thinking human
PianistChris - possible - but also suspects me
Skybet - suspects me - iffy
Smithy - always suspects me - thinking human
The_Spider - dan suspecting me - i just don't know what to say
unc - hasn't suspected me yet, but there is still time - don't know
xxsoftballxx13x - suspects me- was a wolf last game - thinking human


The ones for sb and chang stand out the most, although honestly it doesn't look like there's much to gain from this unless im missing something. :/


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 09:44PM Jun 18, 2013

Finished my review of round 2 and considering a Chang vote pending explanation.

Deb was in jeopardy for a good portion of the round and Chang justified Phant being a good alternative, especially responding to Harry calling it "unfair". Chang posted near the end of the round as the votes shifted to Har (a non-voter/poster) but decided to keep his vote on Phant giving no indication his suspicion of her had diminished. Upon the start of Round 3 he calls her 'pretty clear' and has done very little that is wolfish. Could be a perfectly rational explanation, thinking over the night (although it was very short) or just a change of viewpoint, but there is a sudden change in perspective imo from End Round 2 to start Round 3 there

Note I am not suspecting Chang because he defended Deb, per se, but because someone he stated in Round 3 'has not done anything wolfy', is someone he kept tied against a complete useless Har at the end of the previous round...so certainly she must have done something wolfy?


---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 21:51:23---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 09:50PM Jun 18, 2013

Still waiting to be an uncle. I never thought phant to be wolf. When I used the word suspect it was used generally. phant was only "dead-weight" and that changed last round when she made a great effort to progress in the game

*rawr*
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 09:54PM Jun 18, 2013

IMHO. A non-voter is far from the most detrimental player in a game. So at the time if I had to pick someone to keep on my team, I'd take sirhar over phant. Voting or not.

*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:00PM Jun 18, 2013

Har is just about as big of a liability in this game as it is possible to be, so I fail to come to terms with that rationale in the slightest, however, this is more theoretical argumentative stuff that doesn't need to be discussed, fair enough I suppose.

---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 22:01:43---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 10:02PM Jun 18, 2013

Well my opinion of Har is quite different than yours....

---This message was edited on 2013-06-18 22:09:08---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:07PM Jun 18, 2013

The seer who divined a wolf yet voted for a human in must lynch (not last game)

suit yourself


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 10:12PM Jun 18, 2013

Trust me, I've done worst. sir and I go far back, so I could forgive him.

*rawr*
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 10:13PM Jun 18, 2013

He's never gonna live that down, is he?

Changs been more off this round than all game, and that's saying a lot. I can't decided which of the three (chang, chris, unc) is most likely to be a wolf so ill wait for some others to come online before voting.


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:19PM Jun 18, 2013

Thats probably not even the worst of his play but its the most easily put into coherent form

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 10:20PM Jun 18, 2013

off?

*rawr*
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 10:22PM Jun 18, 2013

you "never thought phant was a wolf" even after keeping the vote tied over a non-voter... yeah, off

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 10:32PM Jun 18, 2013

Last thought for the night, the Phant eating came across to me as someone who may have needed to restore some credibility (someone who fairly confidently called her human) not trying to pile things on top of Chang but was my first thought when I saw her eaten, especially amidst the Deb voters who were not eaten (though to be fair Debs vote for Phant in round 2 could have convinced wolves phant was probly highly cleared)

later peeps


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 10:33PM Jun 18, 2013

already addressed this in a post. and it's not being off or different. just complete honesty and my opinion.

*rawr*
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 10:44PM Jun 18, 2013

still not a computer and getting my dinner from 7-11

*rawr*
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 11:11PM Jun 18, 2013

I AM OFFICIALLY AN UNCLE!!!

*rawr*
Back to Top 
unctarheelAus


Posted: 11:13PM Jun 18, 2013

i'm leaning towards chris right now. he could've just had the most unfortunate timing, but the way he hammered right after i flipped my vote smells funny. there were about 2-3 minutes between when i made my vote and the round ending, and chris made his last post about a minute before the round ended, so imo he shouldve known that he was hammering. and if he did indeed know that, it screams wolf bus to me.

my problem is that i will be gone all day tomorrow and will not have a chance to change my vote. so i'm not sure if i should cast my vote now, or simply not vote this round, as things may drastically change tomorrow, and i dont want my potential vote to impede a potentially better vote.

opinions on whether i should vote now or not?


this isnt where i parked my car
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 11:15PM Jun 18, 2013

I am not in a position to put in any input.

*rawr*
Back to Top 
MarkusAus


Posted: 11:36PM Jun 18, 2013

changs not really defending himself, which if he were any role he should be doing, I don't think he has his mind in the game atm due to him being an uncle, possibly why this round took so long was because he couldn't find a computer?

meh im in for a chang vote as anyone else, AND if he is a wolf we should shoot UNC and if he is we should shoot spider (though I must commend spider for finally deciding upon a target, took you long enough )

reason im putting spider in a little heat this round is because in my eyes he tried to shift the vote towards chris for some reason last round, though I dont see why he would try to save deb at that point because we prob woulda shot her this round, unless he was going to have us try to shoot chang in another way...

meh maybe its just me trying to look for sinister motives, ANYWAY I still think that if chang is human we should shoot spider

only voting for chang because of the slight possibility of him being a wolf and the good amount of info his death will tell us either way

also for the eating the safest bet was either myself or phant, I was the only one besides chang who wanted to shoot her and I'm apparently considered human by a few of you (that being the case I dont expect to live for very much longer as the wolves will want to eat the least likely people to be shot, thats why im saying this stuff)

this means we have strategic wolves who actually pay attention to that kind of stuff, because face it most wolves would just eat the most active or most contributing humans here


Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 12:05AM Jun 19, 2013

***CHANGHILL UPDATE***

Just got home. My sister is doing good. The baby (Jake) is doing alright. He is a bit pre-mature, but breathing on his own. He is 6 lbs. 7 oz. and not quite sure how long he is... Born with a full head of hair and the cutest boy ever. So I guess it's time for everyone to rest

******

Markus, just because I haven't defended myself, doesn't mean I won't. (I'd rather be shot than have to type full paragraphs on a cellphone). Honestly, I don't think I can persuade you (as in everyone) not to kill me, not only do I have to persuade humans, I would have to fight against wolves from an easy shot. My only concern right now with sacrificing myself is I am not sure who the wolves will eat during the night. (That's will probably be a key point in my defense).

Let me eat, rest, take some notes, and begin my 'defense'.


*rawr*
Back to Top 
unctarheelAus


Posted: 12:38AM Jun 19, 2013

also on chris, last round when deb was in trouble (had a couple votes on her; almost everyone had at least stated their suspicions of her), she went ahead and stated a vote for chris (she didn't actually lock in the vote, i don't think). i think she may have done this to make chris look human after her inevitable death.

i'll go ahead put in a vote. have fun tomorrow guys, i'll be back in time for day 5


this isnt where i parked my car
Back to Top 
MarkusAus


Posted: 01:08AM Jun 19, 2013

wellyou notice chang I gave yo the chance by not voting quite yet

Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 02:06AM Jun 19, 2013

In a rush for work this morning, so a quick one before I leave.

Got one eye on Spid, he is very good at explaining things off, but I still found it odd he tried to lead us away from the deb vote in the later stages of last round. Couple of other things but I will have to touch on that later, please don't end the round early.

Smithy caught my eye a little last round, fairly quiet also leading us from the deb vote. The high praise he attracted from his little koin post was strange too.

UNC and chang, but probably top suspects. Very complimentary of those suspecting koin, don't think this is a coincidence. Lots of other little things over the past couple of rounds, but again, later.

Chris, I just don't understand this game. Seemed as though he was giving up on a losing battle last round. Could be worth a look.

Others not mentioned haven't caught my eye in a big way. But I don't think anyone left is safe.

I will be checking in on my mobile throughout the day.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 03:37AM Jun 19, 2013


Very nice Python related ending for Deb last round Dfam ;)

Mr. Spid wrote:

he posted JUST after UNC so its unlikley he realized he was ending the round


You are correct about that, I hadn't realized how close deb was to being shot until I posted, but after finding out I decided to stick with my post and ended the round. I am also sticking with my vote for Sky for the reasons I have against him. I understand that my attack on him doesn't hold much weight, but I'm sticking with it.

Something interesting I found in Deb's list, and not sure if it could lead anywhere, but here it goes:

She mentioned 'thinking human' to only three people and 'could be a wolf' to one person where as the others she either suspected or didn't give much thought on. It might be possible that we have a wolf list here, though with phant turning human, that'd leave koin, smit and softball.

Heres an updated list for reference:

changhill - 78% sure i am human i think he is the only one
debc1 - really how many times do i have to say it??
koin_era345 - suspects me - could be wolf
Markus - suspects me - not sure
phantasma - don't know but probably suspects me after kevy - thinking human
PianistChris - possible - but also suspects me
Skybet - suspects me - iffy
Smithy - always suspects me - thinking human
The_Spider - dan suspecting me - i just don't know what to say
unc - hasn't suspected me yet, but there is still time - don't know
xxsoftballxx13x - suspects me- was a wolf last game - thinking human


I'm putting a vote on Sky for now


Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 06:04AM Jun 19, 2013

I brought up Round 2 for a reason, why has no one adressed what could have been a very pivotal Deb vote that early (had the master of liability not struck again)

And as for the eating of Phant, natrually the human 'hieracrhy' would have changed after Deb's death to the point I doubt Phant was seen as the 'most clear' by the wolves, but that remains to be seen.

This is me putting Vote 2 on Deb back in round 2

ive me one game where you ate her in Round one

though I agree her last post solidifies your point more than anything else she has posted. It feels a bit fabricated. Sometimes people try to 'recap' the round it ends up just being some hastily thrown together thoughts on a few things, iunno never feels right to me....

Ill vote Deb, one somewhat legit suspicious, you better bust out that promise Deb if you want me to change


I also flipped a 3-2 Koin maj into a 3-2 Deb maj last round, so it would be incredibly dumb thing to attempt to bus Deb twice and then with hours left try to make a desperate bid on a third party, when I could have far more easily (if I wanted to risk saving Deb) switched over to koin

I also noticed UNC pulled a strange move in Round 2, let me go find it, its right after my quoted post, he says Deb is a valid suspicon, but that Phant is also valid and ties the votes (voting Phant) pending Deb's response to my post


---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 06:28:48---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 07:07AM Jun 19, 2013

Yes you flirted with the idea of voting deb on and off, but just came across a little fickle to me, whereas usually I find you have courage in your convictions. It just seemed hot and cold. When encouraging the chris vote late in the round, you seemed to acknowledge deb was likely a wolf, and this just strikes me as odd too to encourage a vote on a "hazy read" player when we have a strong chance of a wolf shooting. I'm not calling you public enemy number 1 by any means, but its worth logging.

I have zero experience with UNC, but I think the way he has conducted himself this game is more than a little suspicious. I am feeling my vote might go this way by the end of the round.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:14AM Jun 19, 2013

If I had to rank my vote order

Off The Table

Koin
Skybet

Likely Safe

Softball


Hazy

Smithy
Markus
PChris
UNC
Chang

I can come up with a solid case on Chang but even though it makes sense in my head it doesnt feel right. Chris is on a totally different nonsensical page then everyone else, which doesnt neccessarily strike me as wolfish. We need to hit the breaks on calling Smithy human, he hasn't earned it at all, but he still isnt my top suspect. UNC is indeed worth looking at, but I'm trying to reconcile his vote swing last round


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
xxsoftballxx13xtus


Posted: 10:53AM Jun 19, 2013

I like how I'm in my own little section.

Chris's choice to vote sky this round after he threw out the idea of using deb's list last round to find the wolves kinda bugs me. I know he was looking towards sky in previous rounds, but after suggesting that deb's list was the answer we are looking for, don't you think it's a little odd that he didn't vote for someone he thought her list pointed to? It also bugs me that he waited until the very end of the round to finally switch over to deb, which effectively ended the round. Even though deb proved to be a wolf, it could be a wolf waiting until they knew that one of their partners was going to be shot and then killing her to seem like a human...

In the event that I am not able to log on before the round ends tonight, I am going to place my vote for Chris. Hopefully, I will be able to check in and read what others have to think.


"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 10:57AM Jun 19, 2013

I look at this and really don't know what to say. I've addressed everything ask or questioned (well mostly everything).. So let's do this interview style. Ask me a question and I'll answer.

Should be pretty active today, so lay it one me.


*rawr*
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 10:57AM Jun 19, 2013

I like unc's vote for chris this round - with all the other options its unlikely wolves would vote for each other. That increases the case for chang or maybe smithy being a wolf with one of them. Although chris has been kind of all over the place, it seems normal for some reason.

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 11:06AM Jun 19, 2013

Chris's suspicon of Sky is virtually baseless, and the fact that he didn't adjust his thinking after Deb was shown to be a wolf is disturbing. That being said, chris seems generally out there in this game so Im not sure if these are wolf indicators or if he just plays very strangely. His ID would certainly be of interest to me, as a wolf ID should fully exonerate me....I'm gonna scan through the game one more time with a particular interest on his posts

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
dfamina


Posted: 11:28AM Jun 19, 2013

-Irrelevant-
I'm just going to throw out a very brief congratulatory post for chang's newfound unclehood. (If that isn't a word, I'm making it one.)

So, congratulations to changhill.

Onward, we march!


---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 11:29:14---
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 11:33AM Jun 19, 2013

Again, Im not certain if PC is suspicious or just generally weird...so holding judgement

I would like to see something of note from Smithy and actual thoughts from Chang, other than defensive, despite he is not the sole or even primary focus of this round any longer

Otherwise, still in the Chris, UNC mindframe for a vote


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 12:20PM Jun 19, 2013

Home again and happy to see a little flurry of activity in the past hour or so. In regards to Chris, I simply don't understand what he's trying to do, there must be some sort of tactic there, but I really can't work out what it may be. As he is in another country to me now, we have no RL interaction so I don't understand this insight he is claiming In all honesty, this is the only game he is coming across remotely human to me, he is just being weird. I don't think a wolf (even an odd one) would attempt these risky maneuvers. Unless it's the audacity thing spid touched upon before and he is simply trying to hide a leaf in the forest. I am happy to leave Chris be this round as I think there are better shots.

I find the lack of assertion from chang a little odd. As though he's on the back foot. Correct me if I'm wrong but he hasn't names a single suspect this round but is taking a hugely defensive stance by inviting us to question him. This seems pretty wolfy.

I'm actually swinging on Markus a little too. He is sounding a little too comfortable that he is cleared, where in fact nobody has really cleared him or attempted to. And deb described him as "not sure".

As for the deb list, knowing she was a wolf, with her shooting fairly imminent, I highly doubt she would have been nice enough to us to list the remaining wolves as "thinking human", I'm sure she would have considered this. After looking at the deb list the ones that stand out for me are "changhill - 78% sure i am human i think he is the only one" - as we know it seems hard for deb to tell an outright lie, and with chang she didn't actually say anything at all, just listing how chang feels about her. I think this is pretty useful, so thanks deb. And Spid, I hate to say it because I can feel you are getting frustrated with me but deb has described you in a similar fashoin "The_Spider - dan suspecting me - i just don't know what to say" not listing you as human or wolf. I think it isn't a coincidence that she failed to list her suspicions of two other players, when we have two wolves left.

After this thought trail, I'm actually drifting to chang from UNC as a good shot this round. Also, pending chang's ID, if human, I think that would go a long way to clearing spid.

I want some perspective from Sir Smithers.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 12:26PM Jun 19, 2013

Interesting theory,but seems like the connection is a bit forced as most of Deb's comments arnt much different, its easy to see trends where no exist in a case like this. In either case, one person says if chang is human Im a good shot, you are saying the opposite so I appear to be in an interesting spot either way.

Granted I havent played with Markus in awhile, but what you alluded to seems typical of his play, so I'm not drawing any conclusions from that, but like I said he is still within my suspects range


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 12:38PM Jun 19, 2013

Skybet wrote:
I find the lack of assertion from chang a little odd. As though he's on the back foot. Correct me if I'm wrong but he hasn't names a single suspect this round but is taking a hugely defensive stance by inviting us to question him. This seems pretty wolfy.

After this thought trail, I'm actually drifting to chang from UNC as a good shot this round. Also, pending chang's ID, if human, I think that would go a long way to clearing spid.


Well like I told UNC, I am no position to assert much of anything. There is almost no point in asserting anything other than my innocence unless you trust me.

Also know that these last two posts; are my only 'real' posts. If you hadn't notice I was in the hospital for the better part of the day. And my defensive stance comes from spider and koin's suspicion of me in round's start.

I am curious to know why if I turned human, spider is 'cleared'?


---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 12:47:46---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 12:39PM Jun 19, 2013

Sorry no time again, will be back with some legitimate input in a couple hours IF I HAVEN'T LITERALLY DIED OF HAY FEVER (the black knight's biggest weakness). Why is koin "off the table" spid?

"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 12:40PM Jun 19, 2013

Cause of his Round 2 and Round 4 votes, its off the table for now

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 12:48PM Jun 19, 2013

Started typing out my basic list and the cat decided to write his great American novel... here's an excerpt:
[quotejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,]

Anyways...

Suspect list (wolf-> human)

xxsoftballxx13x(most)
The_Spider
koin_era345

Markus
PianistChris
unctarheel

Skybet
Smithy(least)



*rawr*
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 12:49PM Jun 19, 2013

Sorry, about the double post. But my last two post (previous to this one) are "switched"...

Internet and cat are working together to troll me...


*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 12:52PM Jun 19, 2013

Im more curious why you had three suspects at a point where you urged others not to vote for human Deb, Deb turned out to be a wolf, your three suspects voted for her, and yet you retain the exact same three suspects

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 12:55PM Jun 19, 2013

Becuase of chang-logic and sympathy.

*EDIT TO ADD*

I could say more, but you wouldn't like what you heard or believe it.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 12:55:58---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 12:59PM Jun 19, 2013

Well I don't know what you plan to say but Ill say this right off the gate

no wolf in the history of the game has ever tried to simultaneously save two wolves so regardless of what you think about me or Koin, we as a pair makes no sense

I dont know when a round 2 vote for a wolf, under no obligation, became meaningless (especially considering the mysterious phant majority) but thats the game we live in apparantly


---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 13:02:02---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 01:04PM Jun 19, 2013

Save two wolves? And I wasn't trying to save deb, much like mathgeek last round, I was just evening out the playing field (playing with my emotions, rather than to win the game).

And I am not pairing you with koin. It's more of a sb/spider or sb/koin.


*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 01:07PM Jun 19, 2013

Deb and Koin would both be wolves no? and I would have had to try to save two wolves via a PC gambit, no wolf would EVER do that

Round 2 voting list for reference

changhill voted for phantasma
debc1 voted for phantasma
HarryPutter voted for debc1
koin_era345 voted for debc1
Markus voted for phantasma
phantasma voted for changhill
PianistChris voted for The_Spider
Skybet voted for SirHar
Smithy voted for koin_era345
The_Spider voted for debc1
unctarheel voted for phantasma
xxsoftballxx13x voted for changhill

I changed my vote to Har soon after and koin posted a new voting list, which I guess if Im paranoid seems a bit odd, but probly nothing to it


---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 13:21:00---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 01:16PM Jun 19, 2013

Chang your motivation isn't to win the game? .....huh?

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 01:26PM Jun 19, 2013

To sum things up a bit. I am pretty adamant about sb. And honestly can't connected either to the HP or smithy feeling i had last game. (one was wolf the other wasn't) Both I had strong wolf vibes.

The people in the middle list are still people I would shoot in the hopes of "learning". I can't say that i've truely looked at voting trends at all and usually don't but I can and see if my opinion changes...

As far as the second round vote for wolves... I can't see that as much of an argument. it could have some significance, but it can easily been written off as coincidental especially in a case where round 1 and 2 spv/moo are common.

*** TO BE CONTINUED***

Lunch is calling my name


*rawr*
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 01:27PM Jun 19, 2013

Skybet wrote:
Chang your motivation isn't to win the game? .....huh?


Please elaborate.


*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 01:29PM Jun 19, 2013

Well the simple thing to do is to read round 2, and THEN tell me they are mere coincidences, merely writing them off as possible seems kind of lazy

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 01:40PM Jun 19, 2013

The_Spider wrote:
Well the simple thing to do is to read round 2, and THEN tell me they are mere coincidences, merely writing them off as possible seems kind of lazy


It's not laziness, it's just something I don't usually account for. And it's not like I don't have a winning record. Like I told phant, I don't expect myself or other's to have this ONE game consume their lives. If that make me a bad player, then so be it. But I read, I post, I give theories, etc. If that some how make me a bad player, I apologize and move on.


*rawr*
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 01:41PM Jun 19, 2013

changhill wrote:
Skybet wrote:
Chang your motivation isn't to win the game? .....huh?


Please elaborate.

I guess I was asking for you to elaborate on "playing with my emotions, rather than to win the game". I don;t really understand what you meant there.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 01:52PM Jun 19, 2013

I didnt ask for one game to consume your life, but clearly there is a middle ground between that and dismissing important evidence out of hand

---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 13:54:13---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
MarkusAus


Posted: 01:56PM Jun 19, 2013

I never said I was clesred of being a wolf, I simply said as possible people to be eaten the most I was amomg them simply becaise, at the time I was comsidered human by a good amount of you.

In the future please dont twist my words please.

Now for skys link gor deb seems rather like a longshot to me, because the opposite could be true knowing deb she doesnt like to lie, but she did refer herself as humam this game at one point, so for me that all goes out the window.

I would like to shoot unc, but I dont like to shoot people wjo arent here to defend themselves.

The wolves doing a good job this game of hiding themselves, I havent played in so long that im afraid all I have right now is instinct.

So based on little oddities and instinct my only real suspects atm are spider and unc


---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 15:06:06---

Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 01:59PM Jun 19, 2013


I have my points against Sky and I'm sticking with them.

I'll stick up a list of my suspects:

Wolfies
Skybet
The_Spider


Unsure
chang
UNC
Softball
Markus
Koin


Not suspected
Smit

I was looking over last round and I noticed something about Sir Spid. After I posted there wasn't much mention of what I had said in Spid's posts. The reason I am saying this is because Spid then tried getting votes to pile onto me - From what I'm thinking; there is a possibility that he was defending Sky in the sense that he was trying to get votes on me.


Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 02:05PM Jun 19, 2013

I am not a competitive person, unless it's academically which don't tend to be confrontational. So if I had to make a list of why I play WWG, "playing to win" barely cracks the top three, and if I thought hard enough, it might not place.

(Sorry if this seems ranty or preachy)But I play to have fun and be social. Winning is nice, but it's not my entire driving force (by this standard it makes me a bad player) Which is why I support my sacrifice if I think it will benefit the masses. I could be more like spider (and I am 'warming-up' to him) he's a great player, but I've heard many not-so-great things about him. He has his priorities and I have mine.

A key example was last game. I felt as though mathgeek wasn't fairly being voted out (at the time). So I campaigned so that he saved himself. Beyond trying to even up votes, and provide alternates in minimal posting, I left it to him. Later I didn't feel like he lived to my expectation and wanted him out.

This game it was deb. Even though people eventually got there, I feel like deb was luckily and slightly unfairly targeted. I put the spotlight on her (unintentionally) and she eventually cracked. But when people are calling for the "I am human line" repeatedly game after game, I would be greatly annoyed. So again I campaigned, not to save her, just put herself on an even level. Put she had already given up.

So as I've already told spider, if you're looking for a pure winning machine, I am not your guy and probably never will be. I like winning and won't ever sabotage the game where I take away a win. I'd just rather play with emotional intent.


*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 02:07PM Jun 19, 2013

I go overboard sometimes, but most of the people who have problems with me are completely over sensitive and typically pretty snobby as for Chris's post, could you incorporate yourself as the center of all actions and choices in this game any more blatantly?

I typically let those things roll of my back anyway, but the stupidest criticism I ever got was being called not a 'team player' I have a 100% voting record, never fail to vote or post something meaningfil.. always explain myself to the fullest of ability, so being called that was delightful


---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 14:16:59---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
  Post from dfamina deleted on 2013-06-19 14:18:34.
  Post from changhill deleted on 2013-06-19 14:24:13.
Skybet*gb


Posted: 02:26PM Jun 19, 2013

I have edited this post as the content was not game related, and perhaps a a little harsh, even though that wasn't my intent.

---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 14:47:26---

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
  Post from changhill deleted on 2013-06-19 14:31:36.
dfamina


Posted: 02:40PM Jun 19, 2013

I move that we be a tad more careful with our posts. I haven't deleted any save for my own, and I did so because I didn't want to start any kind of debate and get the discussion off-track. But if folks keep posting and deleting, it's going to raise more questions than simply "Are you hiding wolfishness?"

Thank you, and let's keep the game rolling.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 02:57PM Jun 19, 2013

Ill be out for most of 5:30-9ish so I suppose I will have to think through my vote here fairly soon.....but will be taking my time

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 03:31PM Jun 19, 2013

Wonder what happened up there, oh well

Despite the weird logic chang does sounds genuine, and i would be willing to shoot unc or chris over him this round I think.

Voting unc, as markus said he hasn't been here to defend himself, but there's only 5 hours left in the round and its time to start making a decision.


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 04:06PM Jun 19, 2013

I have been dithering between chang and UNC all day, so to form a competing maj to Chris, I will go UNC. I'm as happy with that as a chang vote, as I just can't seem to decide between them.

---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 16:07:22---

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 04:11PM Jun 19, 2013

I understood the suspicion of me up leading into round 3, I havent felt strongly about things and I havent committed to anything like I normally may do. Perfectly fine, however, after Deb turned out to be a wolf I thought Id at least coast through this round without much scrutiny. When I went back and saw I was going after Deb in round 2 I thought that would definitly give me some space, but apparantly not. I think people are to 'invested' in their own reads and unwilling to change with new information because they feel backtracking makes them look either suspicious or i dont know they feel they must pursue their view to the end for good or bad.

Even so, this is a unique game in terms of the lay of the land, I dont know 100% what to make of Chang or PC. UNC has things going his way and things going against him...Markus I dont think needs to be in danger this round so Ill pass on him. XXX and Koin, while they could be wolves, dont seem like the best targets to me, especially koin.

Lastly there is Smithy who for some reason, despite doing little of note, is at the rock bottom of some suspect lists while players which much stronger evidence in their favor are at the top. If Smithy wasnt the benefactor of this favorable treatment he himself would probably be a bit perplexed by it....I hope we hear for from him coming up....

I will have to leave within 30 If we havent heard from UNC by then I will risk putting my vote there and seeing what happens, but I should be back before dusk anyway and will be able to adjust if something pops up

Gonna vote Chang to keep him in the mix but again subject to final decision later


---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 16:29:06---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 04:36PM Jun 19, 2013

If I were to do a list, you would probably be near the top. But it's also good to talk through everything that's happened. I haven't described you once as a likely wolf, and I do take new developments into account.

For arguments sake my list would be:

Suspect

UNC/chang (pretty equal)
Smithy
Chris
Markus
Spider
Softball
Koin

Non-Suspect


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 04:58PM Jun 19, 2013

I don't get as much of a human read from softball as the rest of you, I suppose she has a solid voting record, but she isn't "probably human" in my mind.

Since everyone else is doing a list...
1) unc
2) chang/chris
4) smithy
5) markus
6) softball
7) spider
8 ) sky
9) me

Not too sure on the 5-7 range


---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 16:58:42---

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 05:32PM Jun 19, 2013

Honestly, if were up to me, I would push a chris vote. He seems to be mid-range on my suspect lists, for the prospects of 'learning' and creating a greater divide. Or you can vote me (since I tend to be in a top suspect for a good majority)...

The only reason I would discourage a UNC vote is that he hasn't had the opportunity to defend himself.

Chris>Myself>UNC

***EIDT TO ADD***

Would like to know Marcus or Smithy's intent, before I push a majority.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 17:33:16---

*rawr*
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 05:58PM Jun 19, 2013

The thing about letting unc defend himself is that he hasn't been on all round and there are only a couple hours left. He has had plenty of time.

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
Smithy*en


Posted: 06:03PM Jun 19, 2013

Sorry, I feel like total crap so I really can't put too much of anything together, I know I've been utterly useless this game but I feel as I'm normally pretty good I'm allowed a lameness pass once in a while.

And yes I don't understand why I seem so low on people's suspicions list, especially as I'm often quite high up when contributing much more usefully, but I'm happy to accept.

Chris is a better vote than Unc at the moment so chipping in accordingly.

The eating was a poor choice incidentally, if that can tell us anything about one or both remaining wolves.


"They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?" "No man, they got the metric system. The wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is."
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 06:07PM Jun 19, 2013

Chris is a better vote than Unc at the moment so chipping in accordingly.


Why do you say that?


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
MarkusAus


Posted: 06:08PM Jun 19, 2013

lol spider at the start of round two you were after chang and from what I looks like you only switched to deb after a number o people claimed her as suspect, that's why I'm not giving that much of a credence, because you do I can ay the something about the first 3/4 of round three (where I only switched my vote because I thought the majority was going the other way and I wanted the somewhat slow round to end)

so you ca see why im not buying the whole I've gotta be human because I voted for deb at round two angle from you

I will probably come back on before to long and vote for unc if nothing has changed


Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 06:26PM Jun 19, 2013

Voting, if I am not top suspect... then I will vote from the options given.

*rawr*
Back to Top 
PianistChrisAgi


Posted: 06:40PM Jun 19, 2013


I don't believe I am the best shot this round.

I understand I've been odd this game, and thats part of something I was trying to do, but I don't think it merits a shot at me enough as it would do other people this round.

Chang, I don't understand fully why you have decided to vote for me, the options were given by Spid and Sky, with my being Hazy, and Smithy has yet to explain his voting for me, but other than that, I don't think theres enough to put me in a majority. From this standpoint I'd say on my feet that your creating a majority to possibly save unc from nearing the majority or you are using the options given by the few others to vote me off because you haven't been able to fully convince people you are not a wolf and find me an easy target.

Also, I will be voting for UNC as though I believe chang might be a better shot, voting for UNC gives me a better shot at avoiding the bullet.


Beaches and Fire, tis all I need right now!
Back to Top 
MarkusAus


Posted: 06:40PM Jun 19, 2013

I think I will tie it up, voting for a higher suspect then a non suspect

Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 06:47PM Jun 19, 2013

I'm gona stick with UNC, certain that he would be a better shot than Chris. My read of Chris is pretty strong human.

EDIT: He hasn't helped himself though by acting so weird


---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 18:50:02---

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 07:03PM Jun 19, 2013

Sky, who is a better shot. Myself or UNC?

*rawr*
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 07:35PM Jun 19, 2013

changhill voted for PianistChris
koin_era345 voted for unctarheel
Markus voted for unctarheel
PianistChris voted for unctarheel
Skybet voted for unctarheel
Smithy voted for PianistChris
The_Spider voted for changhill
unctarheel voted for PianistChris
xxsoftballxx13x voted for PianistChris

Do we want to keep it tied? Spid has the deciding vote at the moment.


Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 07:40PM Jun 19, 2013

well pending sky response, I will change the vote to myself.

*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 07:42PM Jun 19, 2013

(....not worth getting into I suppose....)

anyway gotta figure out this decision ahead of me

leaning UNC though


---This message was edited on 2013-06-19 19:48:37---

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:05PM Jun 19, 2013

does anybody have anything to add? my view is I cant justify saving UNC if he doesnt protect himself...but ill give him time

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
koin_era345tus


Posted: 08:10PM Jun 19, 2013

What about that wolf pairing chart thingy? seems like it would be helpful in this situation

Happy ever after in the marketplace, Desmond lets the children lend a hand. Molly stays at home and does her pretty face, and in the evening she's the singer with the band!
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:12PM Jun 19, 2013

Its on my work computer but I didnt have anything major

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 08:24PM Jun 19, 2013

He stated he wouldn't be here to defend himself. So if that's your reasoning...

*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:35PM Jun 19, 2013

Chris is putting far far far too much weight in his suspicioun of Sky, namely thinking all of Sky's actions, and even mine are centered on it...so its a bit annoying (I tried to shoot him last round because Sky and I are partners and I was so worried about your looney theory nabbing him...come on man)

That being said.......the clock is striking zero soon.....gonna vote UNC unless something compelling swings me otherwise


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 08:38PM Jun 19, 2013

I am looking at the people on each 'side'. and I trust more people voting for chris than UNC. I don't know your list... just as long as you're being consistent... that said you don't have my full trust either.

*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:39PM Jun 19, 2013

I trust more people on the UNC vote (koin and Sky mainly atm)

I dont have a good feeling about it but its the choice in front of me


Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
changhill*us


Posted: 08:41PM Jun 19, 2013

Well then the hammer is yours.

*rawr*
Back to Top 
The_SpiderAus


Posted: 08:42PM Jun 19, 2013

I guess I might as well swing it

Let the games, begin!
Back to Top 
dfamina


Posted: 09:29PM Jun 19, 2013

You'll have to forgive the distinct lack of Python in this post. Something something, evil bunny.

unctarheel was a Human.
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : Lex624, Willacora 

Online Now: 13 users and 735 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account