Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

The Werewolf Game #2950

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by snowmonster. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting Discussion
This game finished in 8 rounds.

Discussion of Round #4

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

AuthorMessage
ShadowsAca


Posted: 09:57PM Aug 7, 2013

RFM Thanks!

Hey guys, jpost was HUMAN!!


---This message was edited on 2013-08-07 22:26:51---
Back to Top 
ShadowsAca


Posted: 09:57PM Aug 7, 2013

Oops, forgot to RFM. Hence the edit.

Randy was all for shooting Kaipper. Could be a setup, though. Since there's no need to SPV, I'll be back later. Need food.

EDIT: Oh my gosh speaking of food...



---This message was edited on 2013-08-07 22:34:54---
Back to Top 
Kaippertus


Posted: 10:56PM Aug 7, 2013

Shadows wrote:
Randy was all for shooting Kaipper. Could be a setup, though.


Yeah, I think the wolves saw the tie last round and are trying to draw on that to get me shot. Eating RGW would be a move made by an inexperienced wolf, and this is my 21st WWG.

It is nice that the nights are not timing out, but since everyone has logged on today that doesn't really help us.

Also, shadows, those bacon pancakes look amazing.
Back to Top 
froggyggAus


Posted: 11:27PM Aug 7, 2013

That was a really fast night. Hate to see Randy was eaten.

I can understand what you are saying Kaipper about the wolves possibly framing you since Randy said he had a feeling that you were a wolf. Still, it could be that you are trying to take the focus away from you since Randy was eaten.

There are still over 20 hours left in the round, so I will hold my vote until tomorrow once everyone else has had a chance to voice their thoughts as well. I do know that we really need to get our next shot to hit a wolf since we are dwindling our numbers down quickly if the humans have a chance to win.

Night all.


SMILE and people will wonder what you are up to!
Back to Top 
HadleighAau


Posted: 06:01AM Aug 8, 2013

Round 4 started 6 hours ago The night round must have been quick, active wolves at last.

oops, Phoebe is active and Ivan came home from work and I was in the middle of writing this post. I think it is at least 3 hrs since I started this message. I have just done a ctrl c in case it's like facebook and times out.


Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. - Oscar Wilde
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 06:12AM Aug 8, 2013

froggygg wrote:
That was a really fast night.

Not saying this means anything, but it is often the wolves who point out how short the night was. OF course I have been accused of the same thing since I abhor long nights, so chances are it was just a comment.

I can understand what you are saying Kaipper about the wolves possibly framing you since Randy said he had a feeling that you were a wolf. Still, it could be that you are trying to take the focus away from you since Randy was eaten.

I was sort of thinking the same thing. Pre-emptive strike? No one had as of yet accused Kaiper so why the need to "defend" and claim a possible "set-up" already?



Kaipper wrote:
Eating RGW would be a move made by an inexperienced wolf, and this is my 21st WWG..

Well it it true that eating Randy makes little sense other than to make you look guilty, I don't think we can draw the conclusion that it was an "inexperienced" wolf who did it. Unless all 3 wolves are inexperienced, and all voted for Randy, there is no way for one wolves votes to override 2 other wolves.
IT is true that the votes are weighted 5-3-1 but unless no one received more than one vote, the three "first votes" would be tied and then Randy would hae to have "won" (in the wolves eyes) that tie in order for him to be eaten.

Besides I don't think we have any "inexperienced" players in this game. "Games Played" range from a low of 20 to a high of 136.

I do find it amusing that the player saying "It must be an inexperienced wolf" is the player with the fewest games under her belt. Shadows follows with the next fewest games, but at 55 games, she has more than 2X as many as Kaipper.

AGAIN - not sure if any of this means anything, just pointing out the facts of the game.

****And yes, I know the game count is not necessarily accurate as several of us in this game were involved in the TB games in the past (those were fun). But the point is still valid that the player who was claiming innocence is in fact the only "inexperienced" player in the game.


---This message was edited on 2013-08-08 06:40:14---

Vas-y les Habs! J'y crois!
Back to Top 
talanpoeAus


Posted: 08:08AM Aug 8, 2013

Good morning, folks. Actually reading the posts first this time.

Last round, Habs wrote:
Less than an hour later, Talanpoe followed suit, also with no real explanation. Though, only two hours previous he had reasoned out this thought process to explain his vote on Hadleigh.
Actually, the explanation was implicit in the previous "reasoned out" process: Hadleigh had posted while Kajish had not; but at that point only a vote for Hadleigh had a chance to save me. After Chunnie voted for Kajish, I could (and did) change to the less-participatory person and even noted in doing so that it was because Hadleigh had at least posted.
An odd move, just place a vote that is pointless rather than read the round and make a decision.
Agreed, but the process was actually "I'm on the voting page so I can either go ahead and make an SPV vote while I'm here, or go off and read everything and then come back to this screen," not thinking at all in that moment that SPV might be a moot issue.
The above strike me as somewhat selective reading, though I'm not sure why Habs would be targetting me. All of the rest of her' comments are interpretive and I can see the reasoning behind them; so if they lead y'all to vote for me, so be it.

No vote at this point as I don't have a particular candidate in mind.


Unless life also hands you sugar and water, your lemonade is going to suck!
Back to Top 
bradon182001*us


Posted: 08:51AM Aug 8, 2013

Not sure what to think about the Randy eating, but as HABS pointed out, there are three wolves voting so it could mean something, or it could be nothing since there is no wolf TB for them to coordinate.

I have no real suspicions at this point. I'm wondering about HABS, she seems to be all over the board, but that's how she always plays whether she's human or wolf.so not leaving either way now. Chunnie is unusually quiet, would like to see more input from him. I've never played with Kaipper before, so I have nothing to judge her on, Hadleigh, Froggy, Talanpoe and Shadows all seem to be playing as they normally do, all are extremely hard to read, at least for me, and LH is being quiet so far as well. Will be interested in her input, especially after her final post last round. I'll be back, going to re-read and see if I can spot something.
Back to Top 
froggyggAus


Posted: 09:26AM Aug 8, 2013

Still not a lot has been posted yet and I have an important appointment at 9 am so I'm going to hold off voting until I'm back home since we still have plenty of time before the round time is over.

I've already read through the above posts but I'm going to go back and read through the last rounds to see if anyone has posted something I missed. I'm already seeing some rather defensive comments which is why I'm going to go back and reread more.

Back later.


SMILE and people will wonder what you are up to!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 10:46AM Aug 8, 2013

HABS2933 wrote:
froggygg wrote:
That was a really fast night.

Not saying this means anything, but it is often the wolves who point out how short the night was. OF course I have been accused of the same thing since I abhor long nights, so chances are it was just a comment.

I can understand what you are saying Kaipper about the wolves possibly framing you since Randy said he had a feeling that you were a wolf. Still, it could be that you are trying to take the focus away from you since Randy was eaten.

I was sort of thinking the same thing. Pre-emptive strike? No one had as of yet accused Kaiper so why the need to "defend" and claim a possible "set-up" already?


I have been in Kaiper's shoes before where you goto defend without reason to just because your brain is thinking that is what the other players are thinking.

I am more inclined to say Froggy's post about the night is a wolf ploy, but at same time she did not vote anyone...however, any vote that early in a round with no seer in a close to "must lynch" would be seen as a red flag

Edited cause the format was all jacked


---This message was edited on 2013-08-08 13:23:10---

Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
chunnieAtt


Posted: 10:52AM Aug 8, 2013

Well... I still think Kaipper is a good shot... so that's where my vote goes. LH made the deciding vote last round, so if Kaipper is a wolf, chances are LH is one too.

Edit: I'm regretting not getting back on to change my vote at the end of last round. Things could have been a whole lot more interesting.


---This message was edited on 2013-08-08 10:54:51---
Back to Top 
ShadowsAca


Posted: 11:34AM Aug 8, 2013

I'm tempted to vote for Kaipper again too. Will come back later; I feel like getting out of the house for a while.
Back to Top 
Kaippertus


Posted: 11:55AM Aug 8, 2013

I do find it amusing that the player saying "It must be an inexperienced wolf" is the player with the fewest games under her belt. Shadows follows with the next fewest games, but at 55 games, she has more than 2X as many as Kaipper.


Yeah, I was lazy and didn't check if there actually were any inexperienced players in this game But the reason I pointed out RGW's connection to me was because I was nearly shot last round, I didn't want to get shot without even getting a chance to explain myself.

I find it very interesting that we're so far into the day round and only one person has voted. I'm going to vote for talanpoe, mostly because he seems very defensive...could be a jumpy wolf.
Back to Top 
chunnieAtt


Posted: 12:36PM Aug 8, 2013

Kaipper wrote:
I find it very interesting that we're so far into the day round and only one person has voted.
No seer to protect.
Next round will be do or die if we don't get a wolf this round.

... Enough to warrant waiting until one is fairly confident before casting a vote.
Back to Top 
froggyggAus


Posted: 01:17PM Aug 8, 2013

I'm still not seeing any sound proof as to who our wolves are, but I have read through all the past rounds (as well as this one) and find that Habs has been all over the place with accusations/insinuations about many of us for one reason or another. I have never played in a game with Habs before, so I'm not sure if this is her normal method of play.

I also see that Kaipper seems somewhat defensive and that sends up a flag to me. Even though it has been said (even by me) that Randy being eaten after his comment about feeling Kaipper was a wolf could be a frame, there are 3 wolves voting. It is possible that Kaipper is a wolf and his fellow wolves did not realize the connection and voted to eat Randy. Then again, it could just be Kaipper trying to convince us that Randy being eaten was a frame.

Even though we still have 8 hours left, I'm going to place a tentative vote on Kaipper but I am going to keep popping back in to read what else has been posted.


SMILE and people will wonder what you are up to!
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 01:26PM Aug 8, 2013

I am really inclined to vote Hadleigh.

She stated she lives in Australia so actually the night timing the way it did makes a lot of sence. If anyone thinks I am using log in times and that is a bad ploy, you can sue me but that is where my vote is going for now.


Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
bradon182001*us


Posted: 03:27PM Aug 8, 2013

I have to agree Kaipper is beginning to set off my wolfdar a little, but HAABS even more so. After being so vocal, HABS has suddenly become silent, but I suppose she could be busy with something in RL. I'm just recalling that she said she always had at least 2 means of getting online, and it's totally out of character for her to be silent all day (her last post was at 6:10 BT this morning.) We still have 6 1/2 hours left in round so I'm not going to vote just yet, but will be interested in further comments.
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 03:32PM Aug 8, 2013

Not at home using itab which is more difficult then the computer just checked in to see what was happening. As it is difficult to do this on here I just wanted to point I am NOT over the place there are three wolves. I am sending you all my suspicions at ionce. just because I find person in A suspicious and then move on to person B it does not mean I am no longer suspicious of the first person free wolves mean three suspicions. I will be back later when I have a computer at my disposal and don't have three little monkeys climbing all over me

Vas-y les Habs! J'y crois!
Back to Top 
chunnieAtt


Posted: 03:54PM Aug 8, 2013

Last round, HABS wrote:
It always strikes me as suspicious when a player, who has been MIA, pops up suddenly when in a majority.
That was with regard to jpost.

I would like to generalize that statement: It always strikes me as suspicious when a player, who has been MIA, pops up suddenly when suspected.

Anyway, moving on...

Kaipper, HABS and LH are my only three suspects. In an ideal world, this hunch would be right and we'd win the game with a round to spare. Unfortunately, in this world we live in, I'm usually wrong, so I'm not going to push for a majority on any of these just yet. But if one of these three is shot and revealed to be a wolf, I'll be going after the others hell-for-leather.
Back to Top 
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 04:19PM Aug 8, 2013

??

NO wolf here.

Was not really trying to defend Kaiper last round just saw Jpost as being more wolfish than she was.....I can see now that I was wrong on his ID but I do not like the computer choosing when we are at such a disadvantage IE: round 3 and no wolves shot and our seer is gone

EDIT: And someone mentioned HABS being all over the place with acusations, she usually is. I tried to mention last round that she is generally playing in her normal human style. When she is a wolf she is more go with the flow and less vocal....when she is vocal it is all a bunch of mumbo-jumbo to try to sound like she is helping. I may be wrong on this as well but I still do not think she is a wolf.

Bradon, however....is concerning me. She is very quiet and her posts are very general. As is Hadleigh. The third one I am on the fence with either froggy or even more so with shadows

There is 5 hours left in the round and only 4 votes. This does not look very promising for us humans.

I am thinking that perhaps Randy was eaten to frame kaiper. I think I was not eaten cause I actually named some of the wolves and they knew if they ate me you guys would vote one of them to be shot. I was not a suspect until now so eating me would not have changed the game for anyone......This is why i posted my suspects at the end of last round.
This is just my 2 cents


---This message was edited on 2013-08-08 16:25:42---

Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
ShadowsAca


Posted: 04:50PM Aug 8, 2013

Chunnie's suspect list sounds even more credible after the above post.

Voting for Kaipper for the same reason as last round: because I think she's a wolf.

EDIT: Forgot to actually vote. Oops.


---This message was edited on 2013-08-08 17:38:04---
Back to Top 
talanpoeAus


Posted: 05:46PM Aug 8, 2013

Kaipper wrote:
I'm going to vote for talanpoe, mostly because he seems very defensive...could be a jumpy wolf.
OK. Then I'll vote for Kaipper because I'm human and don't know about her. 'Bout the only reason I have to vote at this point; really don't have anything more than low-grade suspicions at this point....


Unless life also hands you sugar and water, your lemonade is going to suck!
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 06:27PM Aug 8, 2013

chunnie wrote:
Last round, HABS wrote:
It always strikes me as suspicious when a player, who has been MIA, pops up suddenly when in a majority.
That was with regard to jpost.

I would like to generalize that statement: It always strikes me as suspicious when a player, who has been MIA, pops up suddenly when suspected.
.

Just out of curiosity, what is your point here? All you did is say exactly what I did but changed ONE world. Not what you are trying to say.


As the round is winding down, I am going to join in the Kaipper vote for all the reasons I stated throughout the round.


Vas-y les Habs! J'y crois!
Back to Top 

 




You cannot post messages in previous rounds.
   



Users in Chat : PixiePal 

Online Now: 8 users and 639 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account