Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

Who's the Boss Game #2941

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by Longhorn_fan. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting / Memo Discussion
This game finished in 6 rounds.

Discussion of Round #3

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  

AuthorMessage
Longhorn_fanAus


Posted: 04:05PM Mar 29, 2013

It was getting down to the wire. There were only 6 envelopes left.
The excitement was begining to come to a head.

Maury opend Chris' envelope and he was not the daddy.

She looked around at the choices left and started to wonder.......She must have been really drunk at times.

One of THESE is the baby's daddy??

A Canadian??? Really??
LOL, she thought to herself, that might be a good thing though, at least the baby would have free healthcare.

On the otherhand, the Britts have nice accents. If it is a Britt, he could teach the baby some cute words.

And the little young one from Penn. What do they do in Penn?

Ohhh....the Irish lad.....she had forgot about him. They had stayed up all night doing YagarBombs and drinking pints of Guiness.....She does not recall much of that night. If it was not for a facebook photo on a friend's page she would have never found him.

The trip she took to NY? Could she have gotten an extra suvinier she didn't know about? She had explored the entire state and met some great people.

Last, there was the one who looked like a miserable old lady, Goodness, what did she ever see in him? Definatly too much booze. She was praying....Please God, not THAT one.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-29 16:16:57---

Like what you love, and love what you got.
Back to Top 
slammngirl92*us


Posted: 05:29PM Mar 29, 2013

LOL LH. "She must have really been drinking at times".

Ok, who would make their memos like that?
I am going to hold off my vote for now.
Oh, and by the way, I won't be on at all tomorrow for the heads up.


Fearless.
Back to Top 
bradon182001*us


Posted: 06:06PM Mar 29, 2013

Oh, my she really did get around, didn't she? I'm still thinking that since it isn't Princess, my safety on that Irish lad is becoming more realistic. Voting Jayo again unless we get a good majority on someone else, maybe that young one from Penn?

Want to try a new game? JOIN "1 V 100" TALK BOX. .Game 38 is now in sign ups.
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 07:38PM Mar 29, 2013

I'm sorry -who is the young one from Penn?

Still working on my clue. Almost have it solved. Will know who the baby daddy is soon (I hope)


---This message was edited on 2013-03-29 19:46:59---

IF you were to remove all the veins in your body and lay them end to end - you would die. (You were expecting some obscure fact were'n't you?)
Back to Top 
slammngirl92*us


Posted: 08:03PM Mar 29, 2013

I am.
Anyways, saftey for brandon for now.

Not really sure who it is... thanks for the helpful memos, boss.


Fearless.
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 09:12PM Mar 29, 2013

slammngirl92 wrote:
Ithanks for the helpful memos, boss.


Nicats learned the hard way last game not to give too much away in her memos . . . just a thought.


IF you were to remove all the veins in your body and lay them end to end - you would die. (You were expecting some obscure fact were'n't you?)
Back to Top 
slammngirl92*us


Posted: 09:26PM Mar 29, 2013

HABS2933 wrote:
slammngirl92 wrote:
Ithanks for the helpful memos, boss.


Nicats learned the hard way last game not to give too much away in her memos . . . just a thought.


True! I was in that game actually. You could be onto something...


Fearless.
Back to Top 
nicatsAus


Posted: 09:26PM Mar 29, 2013

Well i still like the jayo thought. But not sure if slam was trying to bring attention to herself or cause everyone to believe she is not the boss and we'd go away. Its still early in the round tho.

Go Fast turn left - visit TWG Hints and Tips in the forum~
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 10:14PM Mar 29, 2013

I am keeping slam in the back of my mind while I solve the clue. Do not want to assume anything though, as I do not want any preconceived ideas to colour the way I solve it or fit it to someone.

IF you were to remove all the veins in your body and lay them end to end - you would die. (You were expecting some obscure fact were'n't you?)
Back to Top 
JayoAie


Posted: 05:01AM Mar 30, 2013

If you guys are keen to clear me, well I think there are MUCH better targets but if it's what the majority wants then that's grand

Voting Princess, I'm thinking between Bradon/Nicats/Princess lies our Rat/Boss combo


Princess for now


Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Back to Top 
slammngirl92*us


Posted: 06:47AM Mar 30, 2013

Jayo, wasn't princess already cleared?

Anyway, I am going to switch to nicats for now because of that reasoning. I won't be on anymore today because I am going away. Hope you guys can get a clear.


Fearless.
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 07:29AM Mar 30, 2013

Something is saying HABS to me...

That's where my vote goes this round.


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
princess2007A


Posted: 08:26AM Mar 30, 2013

@Jayo- I think the mod already said I'm cleared.

Also, sorry for not being on sooner. Exams.
I get the feeling Jayo's the rat. That mistake seems a bit *glaring* to me.
I'll compile a voting list in a second.


A king that is conquered must see strange looks. So bitter a thing is the heart of man.
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 08:29AM Mar 30, 2013

Well Sky, something says me to you in every game lol
How many times have you been right?
I am not the boss but feel free to vote for me. There is nothing in the memo that suggests it is me, but then there is nothing in the memo to say it isn't. Other than the fact I write longer memos. I am not afraid to say a lot in the memos. As it has been pointed out in previous games I say a lot but say nothing in my memo.
I will say that the second memo (the Bachelor from what I hear) suggests the boss has never seen it and I will admit I have never seen it, but then I have never seen Survivor or the Amaziing Race either. I have never seen Big Brother or any of the Idol shows (American/British/Canadian) nor any of the "_____ got talent" shows. The only reality TV I watch is Hells' Kitchen And a few shows (mentioned in my last game as boss) that Rich watches that I listen to but have never paid too much attention to.

First memo says nothing of note so can't say who wrote it.

Well, I am off to fight the crowds at the grocery store - this solld be fun. Hope I make it out alive.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-30 08:30:12---

IF you were to remove all the veins in your body and lay them end to end - you would die. (You were expecting some obscure fact were'n't you?)
Back to Top 
princess2007A


Posted: 08:52AM Mar 30, 2013

Votes Stated:

Majority:
slammngirl92-nicats
princess2007-nicats


Minorities:
bradon182001-Jayo
Jayo-princess
Skybet-HABS


Not Stated:
HABS2933
nicats


---This message was edited on 2013-03-30 08:58:47---

A king that is conquered must see strange looks. So bitter a thing is the heart of man.
Back to Top 
princess2007A


Posted: 08:57AM Mar 30, 2013

We don't have any sort of majority right now and there's around 7 hours left. Of all the reasons discussed, I don't know about the HABS thing. No idea how much TV she watches or which shows. Her defense is a lil lengthy but I will NEVER think someone to be the boss because of a long defense.

The nicats thing makes sense. I was in that game and these memos sound similar but much shorter.

Since I'm cleared, I would usually stay out of a majority. Since we have nothing going now, and this game is geared towards better results in the case of a majority, I'm voting nicats.

Simply by tone, HABS sticks out to me but she has a clue at the moment. It could very much be the boss/rat who eagerly answered the trivia last round to get it so we couldn't get the clue instead but I'd like to hear her interpretation of the clue first.

I think I'll be on later to change votes/join another majority/ re-assess later. Can't promise though.


A king that is conquered must see strange looks. So bitter a thing is the heart of man.
Back to Top 
JayoAie


Posted: 11:15AM Mar 30, 2013

Oops, genuine error
Joining Nicats majority for potential clear


Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Back to Top 
bradon182001*us


Posted: 01:08PM Mar 30, 2013

Three hours left, so we are running out of time. I'll join the nicats vote to try and get the clear or the dead-beat Dad. I hope we don't have any mandis, but this being the holiday weekend might make it difficult. I'm going to be busy getting ready for tomorrow, but will try to make it back before the round ends.

Want to try a new game? JOIN "1 V 100" TALK BOX. .Game 38 is now in sign ups.
Back to Top 
bradon182001*us


Posted: 01:11PM Mar 30, 2013

Votes Stated:

Majority:
bradon182001-nicats
Jayo-nicats
slammngirl92-nicats
princess2007-nicats


Minorities:
Skybet-HABS


Not Stated:
HABS2933
nicats


Want to try a new game? JOIN "1 V 100" TALK BOX. .Game 38 is now in sign ups.
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 02:00PM Mar 30, 2013

princess2007 wrote:
I don't know about the HABS thing. No idea how much TV she watches or which shows.

Less than 2HRs a week. Look at my profile under interests. Others can verify it has always read that way.

Simply by tone, HABS sticks out to me


I didn't know it was possible to read tone in a post. There are no emoticons to indicate my tone. You are inferring something that is not there.

It could very much be the boss/rat who eagerly answered the trivia last round to get it so we couldn't get the clue

That could very well be, but I wouldn't stoop to that. I like the challenge - were I the boss, I would only answer if the clue was to be given publicly. I wouldn't take it away from the players. In fact take a look at game 2928, when I was the boss. We were given a boss clue in round 6, that I worked on alongside everyone else.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-30 14:00:54---

IF you were to remove all the veins in your body and lay them end to end - you would die. (You were expecting some obscure fact were'n't you?)
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 02:02PM Mar 30, 2013

Though I am not confident in it, I will join the nicats majority.. I was pointing out the difference in her posts last game vs boss memo this game more in jest than anything, but if others think it is possible, I will jump on board.

IF you were to remove all the veins in your body and lay them end to end - you would die. (You were expecting some obscure fact were'n't you?)
Back to Top 
princess2007A


Posted: 02:30PM Mar 30, 2013

Maybe I used the wrong word. However, I feel like you can definitely read emotions behind a piece of text simply by use of phrases and sentence structure. That being said, I don't feel it's you anymore. I checked the game you were talking about and I (now) remember having previously read you saying you don't watch much TV. Moreover, your defense seems genuine and not contrived.

Since I'm the only clear person here and I might be fired today, my list is:
1. nicats (reason as said. The short memos)
2. Skybet (Reason: not much of a post this round. Yes, it's the weekend and I have that in mind. Still. It's possibly a boss who's trying to keep at the sidelines and stay away from suspicion)
3. Jayo/slammn
4.bradon/HABS

I really don't have much reasons for the last four.
Jayo- his mistake was probably just that, a mistake. If not, it could be a boss/rat who isn't too concerned and isn't reading enough. Again, I'll admit I don't think that's likely but I don't have very much to work with.
Slamm- I'm inclined to believe her about the thing in round 1 simply because I made that mistake too and it's easy to do that. Not much to go on otherwise.
bradon- the memos. I just can't see her writing those.
HABS- Like I said, her defense convinces me for now. Rat is still possible.

The memo mentioning the Bachelor makes me think it's possibly a female. But since the boss mentions "From what I've heard" it could just be a red herring.
That's it, peeps. Probably won't see you next round but good luck employees... oops, non-Daddies!!


A king that is conquered must see strange looks. So bitter a thing is the heart of man.
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 02:47PM Mar 30, 2013

princess2007 wrote:
I feel like you can definitely read emotions behind a piece of text simply by use of phrases and sentence structure.

I disagree, I don't think many people change their speech pattern depending on mood. I could say "Sky, you're an idiot" and mean it several ways depending on my tone. PS - I don't really think SKY is an idiot, just using it to illustrate a point.

Since I'm the only clear person here and I might be fired today,

stay out of a majority and you should be okay.


The memo mentioning the Bachelor makes me think it's possibly a female.

I was thinking the opposite, as the question asks about the "worst" show, I think a male is more likely not to like it than a female is.
But since the boss mentions "From what I've heard"

I took this to mean that the boss has not actually seen the show and therefore cannot really comment on it. Perhaps because he is from somewhere outside North America where it is less likely to have seen it

So now I am looking at a male outside N. America - that would be Sky, Jayo, or PC.


---This message was edited on 2013-03-30 18:32:47---

IF you were to remove all the veins in your body and lay them end to end - you would die. (You were expecting some obscure fact were'n't you?)
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 07:48PM Mar 30, 2013

I had to research the bachelor I have never heard of it. Contrary to you HABS, I think it rather clears us lads out of N America. The show is not aired here so it wouldn't really enter the mind to mention. It really seems like you're trying hard to divert us from the true boss identity. The more I'm reading your posts, the more I'm suspecting you are either the rat or the boss.

Your comments about the usual length of your memos as a boss etc isn't really that relevant. It would be rather a failing on your part if your memos were identical to your previous game and easily identifiable. I would give yourself a little more credit than that.

Come on HABS, I hardly suspect you every game the last game I was persistent on you simply because I was a wolf myself and you were my best target, that's all. So in that instance, I could never be right, knowing that you are human and I am a wolf. And again, I would beg to question the relevance of this...

HABS wrote:
Sky, you're an idiot



We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
Skybet*gb


Posted: 07:49PM Mar 30, 2013

Ps. Chris has been fired

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Back to Top 
HABS2933Aca


Posted: 08:22PM Mar 30, 2013

Skybet wrote:
Ps. Chris has been fired

Guess that makes ME the idiot then.

The relevance of my stating you always suspect me is that just because you suspect me does not make me the boss!


---This message was edited on 2013-03-30 20:30:16---

IF you were to remove all the veins in your body and lay them end to end - you would die. (You were expecting some obscure fact were'n't you?)
Back to Top 
slammngirl92*us


Posted: 09:52PM Mar 30, 2013

LOL. Finally some humor in this game! Anyway, back. Sorry about the inactivity today. Anyways, I think we got the clear right?? Anyway, it doesn't really matter because LH tells us.

Fearless.
Back to Top 
nicatsAus


Posted: 11:54PM Mar 30, 2013

Oops my bad been a long day, employee sale and running around indianapolis for the lack of anything better todo ;)

Go Fast turn left - visit TWG Hints and Tips in the forum~
Back to Top 

 



   



Users in Chat : dodger 

Online Now: 11 users and 486 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account