Brain Teasers
Brain Teasers Trivia Mentalrobics Games Community
Personal Links
Your Favorites
Puzzle
Hang Glider
Sudoku
Beanstalk
Pirate's Booty
Word Search
Code Breaker
Math Path
Disco
Tetris
Battleship
Sliding Tile
Twiddle
Strategy
Cookie World
Food Fight
Chess
Checkers
Werewolf
Who's the Boss?
Entertaining
Pac-Man
Caption Game
Click The Button
Zoo Keeper
Add to Google delicious Add to del.icio.us

More ways to get Braingle...
rss

Who's the Boss Game #2971

< Back to the game list

This game is moderated by jarmihi. Please read the rules and contact the moderator with any questions or concerns about this game.

Voting / Memo Discussion
This game finished in 9 rounds.

Discussion of Round #2

Round: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

AuthorMessage
jarmihius


Posted: 04:03PM Jun 21, 2013

Coolnine9 did not post in the last round. As such, he has been placed on probation for failing to follow Rule 10. In addition, he is ineligible to participate in this round's challenge, and will not be counted when determining success or failure.

Click here to peruse the player reports. I'll update these at the start of every round.

RULES
Here are the rules for this game:
Full Rules
Valid posts = 1; invalid posts = 0; spam = penalty/ModKill
Boss Bazaar & FP Algorithm
Good luck, and have fun!

BAZAAR
O hai! Take a look at my wares!..........Link to the Boss Bazaar..........RED means SOLD OUT!
Create items by combining one Essence with one Reagent. Unused Essences exist inside communal pools.
Reagents:
Rock | Costs 4 points
Paper | Costs 6 points
Scissors | Costs 13 points

Index | Name | Remaining Stock | Effect

K | Essence of Knowledge | 3 | This is the essence of all things intelligent and scientific. Complete Challenges to increase the amount of Knowledge in this pool.
1 | + Rock = Divination Card | infinite | Reveals a hint about the Boss. Collect these and spend up to three at once for easier clues. Cannot be combined with others' cards.
2 | + Paper = Rat Trap | 1/round | Sends the Rat a challenge (that you create) to complete in 24 hrs. If the rat fails, xe is fired.
3 | + Scissors = 1/2 of Miracle Reagent | 0 | Complete the Miracle Reagent to be able to unlock the Atma Weapon!

P | Essence of Protection | 3 | This is the essence of fired employees. The amount of Protection in this pool increases in direct proportion to the number of employees fired.
4 | + Rock = Golden Quill | 1/round | Allows you to write the psych question.
5 | + Paper = Employment Insurance | infinite | Allows you to give your points/items to another if you are fired. To give yourself insurance, target yourself.
6 | + Scissors = Overtime Pay | 1/round | All posts are worth 2 points, or negates a Lower Wages.

M | Essence of Miracles | This is the essence of the Unknown Power.
7 | + Rock = Friend or Foe? | 1/round | Begins the minigame, "Friend or Foe?"
8 | + Paper = Rewind Time | infinite | Restart any failed challenge.
9 | + Scissors = Mage Power | infinite | Once per turn, See or Scry or Befuddle.
Purchasing Form: (please copy/paste into a post)
Your name:
Item:
Quantity:
Target, if applicable (This is the person the effect happens to. To insure yourself, target yourself.):
Use Immediately? :


CHALLENGE LISTING
Attendance Challenge
If every player posts one valid post (not double, not spam), then every player will receive 5 points. If it fails, then those who did post will receive 1 point for participating.

This Challenge lasts until the end of Round 2.

POINTS AND INVENTORIES..........Updated Sunday, 11:57 EDT.
Allikat73126 = 7
braingle01 = 8
dcf525 = 5
faheem1 = 5
hermygranger123 = 5
huckingfoes = 2
Jayo = 4
Kaipper = 8
kitty-cat = 7 | Miracle Essence, 1/2 of Miracle Reagent
max318 = 10
scrub88 = 10 | 1/2 of Miracle Reagent, Employment Insurance
TallGuy = 7
Thekid4 = 5
TheLegend = 6
themasterbrain = 5

(A player's points will not be listed until the player has at least two points. See the full reports here.)

THE BOSS = 11 FP (asteroidbelt = 2, checkndone = 3, divarenee = 3, Flutterdash = 3)


---This message was edited on 2013-06-23 11:17:16---

| Have you backed up your files lately? |
Back to Top 
Thekid4t


Posted: 04:44PM Jun 21, 2013

Would posting only for the sake of posting so that you can get a point be valid if you admit that you are only posting so that you can get a point? Because I'm totally doing that here.

Who needs a witty signature anyway?
Back to Top 
JayoAie


Posted: 05:08PM Jun 21, 2013

Haha nice one Kid

I'll place a safety vote again for Max, mainly as a place holder vote until we can establish a better idea.


The not posting thing would only benefit the Rat/Boss so any non posters will be under watch


Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Back to Top 
themasterbraincus


Posted: 05:43PM Jun 21, 2013

Thekid4 wrote:
Would posting only for the sake of posting so that you can get a point be valid if you admit that you are only posting so that you can get a point? Because I'm totally doing that here.

I get you, I get you.
I'm doing the same thing right now!
Random vote for allikat.


"I have an invisible bazooka. Don't annoy me."- Me
Back to Top 
TheLegendA


Posted: 05:49PM Jun 21, 2013

I'm saftey voting for Max, also.
This post proves that I'm not the rat, or am I ?
Back to Top 
max318tus


Posted: 06:19PM Jun 21, 2013

Legend you know that safety voting is to avoid the majority so you are safe from being fired
But whatever so if you don't post you get fired and you don't do a favor to your fellow employees All the more reason to post
The memo gives me no reads at all
safety voting for faheem
Edit: The boss might be american due to the fact he likes walking dead. I am not sure how popular it is in other countries


---This message was edited on 2013-06-21 18:24:26---

We are always sometimes monsters.
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 06:24PM Jun 21, 2013

I like the idea of the challenge post. Count me in.

I will safety vote for The legend.
Back to Top 
Kaippertus


Posted: 06:24PM Jun 21, 2013

I'm doing a safety vote for Jayo. I'm not really sure where to go with the memo.
Back to Top 
TheLegendA


Posted: 06:31PM Jun 21, 2013

@Max318 I actually didn't know, thanks, I'll change my vote then, I'm not american, but I've heard of the show Walking Dead so many times.
Back to Top 
  Post from jarmihi deleted on 2013-06-21 18:39:05.
scrub88it


Posted: 06:44PM Jun 21, 2013

Given that this is my first game with the bazaar, I have a few questions because I am thinking of spending some points this round.

Question 1) What is the minigame - friend or foe? Can only kittycat buy it since she has the miracle essence? Let me rephrase that - does it make any sense to buy it since only kttycat has the esence and I understand you need both the item and the essence to play?
Question 2) How cool is the atma weapon and how does it compare to divination cards?
Back to Top 
TallGuyAca


Posted: 06:51PM Jun 21, 2013

I'll do a safety vote for scrubs again.

With that psych question - atomatically was spelled wrong. That could have been on purpose, or maybe from typing too fast. I don't know if that can get us somewhere...
Back to Top 
hermygranger123tca


Posted: 07:21PM Jun 21, 2013

The boss might be american due to the fact he likes walking dead. I am not sure how popular it is in other countries

I have lots of classmates who like The Walking Dead and I live in Canada but that might just be my friends. (We're MACC so we're really weird so that might by why they're the only ones out of my friends who like it.)

I will put in a safety vote for Kaipper.

Edit: My vote has been saved. And the boss' grammar is starting to go down. At least I'm pretty sure the boss is making some mistakes.
I suggest my employees refrain from jumping to conclusion so quickly. Didn't have much control of firings this round, as there were too many mandatory ones.


Psych Question: What is one of your weaknesses?

A big weakness of mine is the tv show The Walking Dead. I usually atomatically like anyone who mentions the show, and I think about it frequently now, as I await season 4.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-21 19:24:57---

Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. ~Albus Dumbledore
Back to Top 
Allikat73126tus


Posted: 07:27PM Jun 21, 2013

That challenge should be easy... Hopefully. I'll put a random vote for dcf.

"You may call me Gundam Tanaka! Remember it well, for it is the name that will one day rule this world!" ~Gundam Tanaka, obviously
Back to Top 
themasterbraincus


Posted: 07:37PM Jun 21, 2013

jarmihi wrote:
Create items by combining one Essence with one Reagent. Unused Essences exist inside communal pools.

What is an essence?


---This message was edited on 2013-06-21 19:39:37---

"I have an invisible bazooka. Don't annoy me."- Me
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 07:56PM Jun 21, 2013

themasterbrain wrote:
jarmihi wrote:
Create items by combining one Essence with one Reagent. Unused Essences exist inside communal pools.

What is an essence?


I think you need the essence to use the items that you purchase. Right now there are four of them for knowledge and 5 for protection. I think this means we can use each a total of 4 times or five depending on what we buy.

For instance, if I bought 3 divination cards we could use them to get an easy clue about the boss. But then we would only have one knowledge essence left.
Back to Top 
Coolnine9*au


Posted: 09:12PM Jun 21, 2013

Sorry, posted by rules
Back to Top 
max318tus


Posted: 09:34PM Jun 21, 2013

I know i said American but what i really meant was English based countries. If it was anime it would be different but a TV show is a bit harder to translate

We are always sometimes monsters.
Back to Top 
braingle01*


Posted: 09:59PM Jun 21, 2013

safety for masterbrain

i have absolutely no clue what that tv show is. is it directed for older people? so maybe we can eliminate kids.

i think the spelling mistake is a typo because the person got too excited with mentioning the show and typed hastily. that or on purpose.
Back to Top 
jarmihius


Posted: 10:05PM Jun 21, 2013

Yes, yes, the first item in each section of the bazaar has a colored line or two stating the type of essence...essentially add the two together:

Knowledge + Rock = Divination Card
Knowledge + Paper = Rat Trap
Knowledge + Scissors = 1/2 of Miracle Reagent

et cetera. You don't have to pay for the essences: the team earns them through the means stated next to the name of the essence in the bazaar.

The Atma Weapon is a mythical item that hasn't been seen in a thousand years, and is like Mage Power on steroids. It will reveal itself once someone has at least half of the requirements for it.


| Have you backed up your files lately? |
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 10:12PM Jun 21, 2013

I think we should start talking about if we want to try and form a majority on anyone, and if so, whom?

My first question is why was Asteroidbelt fired over coolnine9? I am asking because the list for not voting could have been extended to huckingfoes and the masterbrain if they did not vote for anyone (they never posted that they did). They would have been passed over by the boss because they are worth less points to the boss. This is because of Jarmihi's point system for the boss. But not coolnine9. He would have been worth one more point for the boss bazaar? Does this discrepency make any sense? Am I explaining well?
Back to Top 
jarmihius


Posted: 10:19PM Jun 21, 2013

Please note that no player is permitted to talk about their own voting from previous rounds' as per the Braingle.com Rules for "Who's the Boss?".

Edit: this originally said something else, but I was incorrect in the interpretation of one rule, and so I changed it to this.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-21 22:40:32---

| Have you backed up your files lately? |
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 10:28PM Jun 21, 2013

But we can talk about the implications of the stated votes, right? I did not cross lines here, did I?
Back to Top 
jarmihius


Posted: 10:36PM Jun 21, 2013

Yeah, I actually went back and checked the rules and they say that one cannot speak about one's own voting. So I'm going to change the color to purple, and I haven't done anything to your post, and I still gave you your point for it. You did nothing wrong. My apologies.

---This message was edited on 2013-06-21 22:41:09---

| Have you backed up your files lately? |
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 10:53PM Jun 21, 2013

Let's have fun! I'd like to buy the scissors of knowledge.

Your name: scrub88
Item: 3 scissors 1/2 of miracle reagent
Quantity: 1
Target: I want it
Use now: I don't think I can.
Back to Top 
Kaippertus


Posted: 11:29PM Jun 21, 2013

Here's our voting list for thus far in the game:

Allikat73126 - dcf525
braingle01 - themasterbrain
hermygranger123 - Kaipper
Jayo - max318
Kaipper - Jayo
max318 - faheem1
scrub88 - TheLegend
TallGuy - scrubs88
TheLegend - max318
themasterbrain - allikat73126

These people have not stated a vote:
Coolnine9
dcf525
faheem1
huckingfoes
kitty-cat
Thekid4


---This message was edited on 2013-06-22 01:01:34---
Back to Top 
braingle01*


Posted: 11:45PM Jun 21, 2013

scrub88 wrote:
I think we should start talking about if we want to try and form a majority on anyone, and if so, whom?

My first question is why was Asteroidbelt fired over coolnine9? I am asking because the list for not voting could have been extended to huckingfoes and the masterbrain if they did not vote for anyone (they never posted that they did). They would have been passed over by the boss because they are worth less points to the boss. This is because of Jarmihi's point system for the boss. But not coolnine9. He would have been worth one more point for the boss bazaar? Does this discrepency make any sense? Am I explaining well?


I'm not sure what you're saying?
Back to Top 
Allikat73126tus


Posted: 11:58PM Jun 21, 2013

Actually, I did state a vote, Kaipper.

"You may call me Gundam Tanaka! Remember it well, for it is the name that will one day rule this world!" ~Gundam Tanaka, obviously
Back to Top 
TallGuyAca


Posted: 12:39AM Jun 22, 2013

I stated a vote as well. Would anything be gained by 'skipping over' allikat and my vote? Maybe it was just an innocent mistake. But I'm safety voting for scrubs. Excited to see what happens with the scissors of knowledge!
Back to Top 
Kaippertus


Posted: 01:02AM Jun 22, 2013

Eep, sorry guys! I fixed the list and went back to double-check everything. I should have looked it over more carefully.
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 01:49AM Jun 22, 2013

I will try it again:

The game automatically puts players who do not vote in the must fire category. The mod can add players to the list, and the rat can get on the(a) list by not divining who voted where - or something like that ( I don't totally understand how the rat is fired because I have never experienced it). All of the poeple the boss fired were madatory fires. The problem is that coolnine9 would have been a better fire for the boss than Asteroidbelt becuause he was worth one more point. So why did that (asteroid getting fired) happen?

I can think of three possibilities: 1) coolnine9 is the boss, 2) coolnine9 is the rat, and either he divined or was spared by the boss, or 3) coolnine9 voted without posting, thus keeping himself off of the automatic list, and he was spared by the mod or the boss.

Now we can only speculate, and coolnine9 can't say what he did. Of course, any of us could be in that boat because we could have messed up when we voted. I have been fired before because I forgot to save my vote. But this time, the boss could not even get to the lemmings because there were too many mandatory fires.

I am saying I think we should really consider coolnine9 for the boss or rat. Maybe someone with more experience can explain this better, or tell me where my thinking is off.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-22 01:50:43---
Back to Top 
braingle01*


Posted: 05:29AM Jun 22, 2013

scrub88 wrote:
I will try it again:

The game automatically puts players who do not vote in the must fire category. The mod can add players to the list, and the rat can get on the(a) list by not divining who voted where - or something like that ( I don't totally understand how the rat is fired because I have never experienced it). All of the poeple the boss fired were madatory fires. The problem is that coolnine9 would have been a better fire for the boss than Asteroidbelt becuause he was worth one more point. So why did that (asteroid getting fired) happen?

I can think of three possibilities: 1) coolnine9 is the boss, 2) coolnine9 is the rat, and either he divined or was spared by the boss, or 3) coolnine9 voted without posting, thus keeping himself off of the automatic list, and he was spared by the mod or the boss.

Now we can only speculate, and coolnine9 can't say what he did. Of course, any of us could be in that boat because we could have messed up when we voted. I have been fired before because I forgot to save my vote. But this time, the boss could not even get to the lemmings because there were too many mandatory fires.

I am saying I think we should really consider coolnine9 for the boss or rat. Maybe someone with more experience can explain this better, or tell me where my thinking is off.


i understand the not posting bit but i was confused when you mentioned the point system and that coolnine9 being a better fire. i don't think the boss fired anyone last round because of mandatories. but the fact that coolnine9 didn't post and is still here does make it sound like he could be boss/rat. should we all vote and try to clear him?
Back to Top 
faheem1Apk


Posted: 06:44AM Jun 22, 2013

safety vote for max for now. just like she stated, i think she might be more liable to this, watching the tv show and all, after falling into her trap.

Follow me on Twitter/Instagram: fahmed92, or add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/f.ahmed92
Back to Top 
kitty-cattus


Posted: 06:47AM Jun 22, 2013

Wow, this is getting intense already. I'm going to vote for coolnine for now. I think scrub's reasoning is difficult to understand, but valid. I'll try and post more later.

Aldo, sorry jahimi for not replying to your PM. I'll bdo that right after I post and vote.


"I'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change, but til I try I'll never know." -Wicked
Back to Top 
jarmihius


Posted: 07:42AM Jun 22, 2013

It's okay, kitty-cat, it's not urgent.

Kitty-cat chooses 1/2 of Miracle Reagent as a reward for completing the first Keyword Challenge.
scrub88 forges 1/2 of Miracle Reagent!


scrub88, you have only enough points (25) to purchase one Scissors reagent. I have made that transaction, and the one to forge 1/2 of Miracle Reagent. You had 12 points and 1/2 of Miracle Reagent in your account after the transaction, plus one valid post after that for a total of 13. (Posts solely about the rules of the game count for being an active player, but not for points.)

Now that two people have 1/2 of the Miracle Reagent, there are only two ways to combine them:

1. One of you gets Employment Insurance and is fired, and you name the other person as the beneficiary of that item, or
2. Someone, anyone, completes the Round 3 challenge, thus winning the Clawshot, which enables them to steal one item from another player once per turn, and they steal both Miracle Reagents.


Please keep in mind that I will only ModFire people for repeated or game-altering rule infractions, and contrary to what the rules state, the system does it automatically and irrevocably.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-22 07:58:14---

| Have you backed up your files lately? |
Back to Top 
max318tus


Posted: 08:49AM Jun 22, 2013

faheem1 wrote:
safety vote for max for now. just like she stated, i think she might be more liable to this, watching the tv show and all, after falling into her trap.

are you referring to me when you say she because I am really a he( the blue shirt in the top left corner of this post)
Anyways, funny thing is I have never actually watched the walking dead nor did I say I watched it early. The show is not exactly for kids.


We are always sometimes monsters.
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 09:16AM Jun 22, 2013

What does the atma weapon (mageon steroids) do?
Back to Top 
dcf525*


Posted: 09:48AM Jun 22, 2013

I safety voted for Braingle for now, even though I do not think she is the Boss.I need to take some time to reread the argument for/against Coolnine.

Mod, sorry for using green, it is kind of a habit.


Sorry, nothing to see here folks, keep moving.
Back to Top 
TallGuyAca


Posted: 09:50AM Jun 22, 2013

Hey jarmihi, I just noticed a typo in your description of purchasable items.

2 | + Paper = Rat Trap | 1/round | Sends the Rat a challenge (that you create) to complete in 24 hrs. If the rat fails, xe is fired.

Edit: unless xe stands for he/she in which case I withdraw my statement ;)

You are correct in your edited statement. The x is as a variable.


---This message was edited on 2013-06-22 13:50:53---
Back to Top 
braingle01*


Posted: 10:55AM Jun 22, 2013

i would like to vote to clear coolnine, but because it doesn't seem a lot of people are doing it with 5 hours left and i'll be gone soonr, i won't otherwise i'll be a lemming.
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 02:18PM Jun 22, 2013

It looks like we have a typical weekend of inactivity. I will follow suit with Briangle and try and stay out of a majority.

I also think we should vote either me or kittycat next round because of the weapon. I would hate for mine to fall into the wrong hands and I am sure she feels the same. Why not just start to clear us?
jarmihi wrote:

The Atma Weapon is a mythical item that hasn't been seen in a thousand years, and is like Mage Power on steroids. It will reveal itself once someone has at least half of the requirements for it.


Kittycat - why not ask for the mage power instead of the atma weapon? You already have the miracle essence and could have used it. now neither can be used - at least momentarily.
Back to Top 
jarmihius


Posted: 03:18PM Jun 22, 2013

10 | Miracles x2 + Miracle Reagent = Atma Weapon | 1 | One use: See Many or Redistribute Wealth or Generate Essence

See Many is like See, except that you can use it on multiple people as determined by the logic of the game.
Redistribute Wealth allows you to literally take everyone's points and redistribute them as you see fit.
Generate Essence fills the essence pools with ten more essences, each.


| Have you backed up your files lately? |
Back to Top 
kitty-cattus


Posted: 03:19PM Jun 22, 2013

I could only get one of the items #1-6. If I get enough points I'll buy it.

"I'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change, but til I try I'll never know." -Wicked
Back to Top 
huckingfoest


Posted: 04:55PM Jun 22, 2013

scrub does have a valid point, if I understand him
correctly.
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 10:47PM Jun 22, 2013

kitty-cat wrote:
I could only get one of the items #1-6. If I get enough points I'll buy it.


I understand you. It was not one of the choices.

Jarmihi - as I understand you, the arms weapon can't be used with knowledge essence, but rather miracle essence?


The atma weapon costs two Miracle Essences and the completed Miracle Reagent. ~Jarmihi


---This message was edited on 2013-06-23 10:52:21---
Back to Top 
Coolnine9*au


Posted: 02:31AM Jun 23, 2013

Post
Back to Top 
braingle01*


Posted: 07:04AM Jun 23, 2013

coolnine, "post" is not very helpful..

i'm confused about essence. how any do we have?

Read the bazaar, particularly the text highlighted in gold, blue, and that purple-ish color. ~Jarmihi


---This message was edited on 2013-06-23 10:53:12---
Back to Top 
themasterbraincus


Posted: 07:26AM Jun 23, 2013

braingle01 wrote:
safety for masterbrain

i have absolutely no clue what that tv show is. is it directed for older people? so maybe we can eliminate kids.

i think the spelling mistake is a typo because the person got too excited with mentioning the show and typed hastily. that or on purpose.

You have a paradox in your post.
You said you voted for me.
You also said kids are eliminated.
I am 9 years old.


"I have an invisible bazooka. Don't annoy me."- Me
Back to Top 
scrub88it


Posted: 09:12AM Jun 23, 2013

themasterbrain wrote:
I am 9 years old.


You have quite the avatar for a nine year old!!! maybe you fooled her too.

Jarmihi - did we get the challenge completed?


---This message was edited on 2013-06-23 09:18:21---
Back to Top 
braingle01*


Posted: 09:55AM Jun 23, 2013

themasterbrain wrote:
braingle01 wrote:
safety for masterbrain

i have absolutely no clue what that tv show is. is it directed for older people? so maybe we can eliminate kids.

i think the spelling mistake is a typo because the person got too excited with mentioning the show and typed hastily. that or on purpose.

You have a paradox in your post.
You said you voted for me.
You also said kids are eliminated.
I am 9 years old.


it was just safety. i did not pay attention to your age and no i do not think it is you.
Back to Top 
jarmihius


Posted: 10:16AM Jun 23, 2013

Hi, I'm here! I went out last night

I'll tally everything in just a moment. Coolnine9, you haven't posted a single valid post this round. Valid posts must contain something constructive. If you continue to fail to participate, I will remove you. It's an improvement, though.


| Have you backed up your files lately? |
Back to Top 
jarmihius


Posted: 11:11AM Jun 23, 2013

The round ended at 5:03 P.M. EDT yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, not every player posted in time to win the Attendance Challenge. However, the following people will receive one point as a consolation for participating:

Thekid4
Jayo
themasterbrain
TheLegend
max318
scrub88
Kaipper
TallGuy
hermygranger123
Allikat73126
braingle01
faheem1
kitty-cat
dcf525


---This message was edited on 2013-06-23 11:11:53---

| Have you backed up your files lately? |
Back to Top 

 



   



Users in Chat : ismartguy 

Online Now: 12 users and 655 guests

Copyright © 1999-2014 | Updates | FAQ | RSS | Widgets | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise

Custom Search





Sign In A Create a free account