You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
This exercise will help build your mental endurance and concentration. Each line contains a common phrase that has been printed backwards. See how long it takes you identify and read the phrase correctly.
1. nietsniE treblA- .wen gnihtyna deirt reven ekatsim a edam reven ohw nosrep A
2. nosidE .A samohT- .noitaripsrep tnec rep enin-ytenin dna noitaripsni tnec rep eno si suineG
3. eraepsekahS mailliW- .loof a eb ot flesmih swonk nam esiw a tub ,esiw eb ot flesmih skniht loof A
4. setracseD eneR- .llew ti esu ot si gniht niam eht ;dnim doog a evah ot hguone ton si tI
5. ybsoC lliB- .ecivda eht deen taht seno diputs eht s'ti - yrassecen t'nia esiw eht ot drow A
noun :: Playful banter.
"It is wise to avoid badinage if you are running for office."
We're sorry to say that there is no "secret technique" or "quick fix" that will give you a miraculous memory. If you want to improve your memory ability, you are going to need to learn a variety of different techniques that you can apply to different situations. Just like you would pick a hammer (not a saw) to drive a nail, you'll need to pick the right memory tool for each memory task.
Some of the things that will affect which memory tool you choose are: How familiar with the topic are you? What are you trying to remember (names, facts, numbers, etc)? How specific does your memory need to be (concepts only, word-for-word)? How long do you need to remember this information?
We will present a tool for each situation, so if you practice our exercises, you will eventually have a complete tool chest of memory techniques.