28-Tile Scrabble is a modified Scrabble. No board is used and a player is given immediately 28 Scrabble tiles (hence, the name of the game).
The rules are:
1. The tiles are 26 letters of the alphabet (one tile per letter) and 2 blank tiles (which may be used as any letter in the alphabet).
2. A player forms any number of words from his available tiles only.
3. Each tile can be used only once.
4. Words cannot share any tile.
a.) Credits: A player starts with 1000 points for playing.
b.) Deductions: Points are deducted from the player's credit as follows:
- 150 pts. for any unused Z,Q,X,J,V, or K
- 100 pts, for any other unused consonant or vowel
- 75 pts. for any word with three letters or less.
- 50 pts. for any word in excess of five WORDS (not letters)
- 5,4,3,2,1 pts for using a blank tile as A,E,I,O,U respectively.
The highest score so far is less than 950 points.
CHALLENGE: What is your best score?
Comments on this teaser
Most Popular | Hardest | Easiest
Privacy | Terms
Copyright © 2003