In a Little League Baseball game between the Braves and the Yankees, there were only 5 kids who had RBIs (Runs Batted In); two of them were on the Braves and three of them were on the Yankees. Each person had a different number of at-bats, of hits, and of RBIs. The scorekeeper was sick, so he couldn't come to the game, and had his brother go instead. Unfortunately, his brother forgot to write down the stats. This is all that he remembers. Help the scorekeeper figure out who is on which team, and how many hits, at-bats, and RBIs they had.
Nicknames "Slammer," "The Rocket," "Flash," "The Hammer," and "Ace"
RBIs - 2, 3, 5, 6, 8
Hits - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
At-bats - 1, 3, 4, 5, 7
Team - 2 Braves, 3 Yankees
1. The Braves won.
2. The five kids are: "Slammer," the one with a 1.000 batting average, the one with 2 hits, the one with 7 at-bats, and the one with the least RBIs.
3. "Flash," who plays on the same team as his best friend, "Ace," had 3 plate appearances, 5 RBIs, and got out at least once.
4. "The Rocket" had either 1 or 2 hits.
5. The players that had 2 more RBIs than at-bats did not have 3 hits.
6. Only one player had one less RBI than hits.
7. "Flash" only had RBIs off hits.
8. "Ace" has half as many letters in his nickname as there are in the name of the team he plays for.
You will be able to use the hint to find some answers before you even look at the clues.
Comments on this teaser
Most Popular | Hardest | Easiest
Privacy | Terms
Copyright © 2003