I Am Hidden in Here #9
In this teaser, you are to take the first letter from the people's surnames to discover the name of this famous 20th century humanitarian.
1. I was a popular leading man in the movies for nearly thirty years. My big ears and cocky grin helped define my screen persona as a rascal, most famously in: "It Happened One Night".
2. I was the son of President John Adams and served as a U.S. Senator from Massachusetts and was Secretary of State under President Monroe. I became president for only one term.
3. I gained national fame with my 1965 book, "Unsafe At Any Speed", which exposed the automobile industry's irresponsibility when it came to designing safe cars.
4. My professional tennis career included more than 50 pro tournament wins and three major titles. I won the gold medal at the Atlanta Summer Olympics of 1996.
5. I composed scores for the Broadway show "A Chorus Line" and the films "The Sting" and "The Way We Were", among my many other musical achievements.
6. I am known as the queen who financed Columbus's voyages to the New World (take the letter from my first name).
Comments on this teaser
|Posted by jamy400||05/26/07|
|I didn't get the answers to any of them. :-?|
|Posted by jazzmusician46||05/26/07|
|Sorry jamy. I hope you got some good information from it though. :)|
|Posted by tick||05/27/07|
|WOW! That was one tuff teaser, lol! I managed to get two of them and had to break out the 'ol google teacher's aid, lol! Very good clues but history has always been a tough one for me! GREAT teaser, enjoyed! :)|
|Posted by jazzmusician46||05/27/07|
|Thanks tick...and it's ok to have to have look every now and then! lol :D|
|Posted by anniebee||06/14/07|
|That was a great teaser! :wink: I was'nt able to answer all of them,but still managed to get the correct name. Thanks!! :lol:|
|Posted by Hadleigh||06/18/07|
|Thanks Jazz, just completed all 9 of these and they are terrific...keep 'em coming :P|
|Posted by jazzmusician46||06/19/07|
|My pleasure Hadleigh and thanks :D|
|Posted by tonjawithaj||06/04/08|
|I am loving these teasers! I have to say that it isn't really accurate to say that Hamlisch composed for The Sting. Scott Joplin wrote the music; Hamlisch adapted it. ;)|
|Posted by jazzmusician46||06/05/08|
|Thanks for that. :D
If you read what I wrote carefully, you will see that I wrote: "...composed scores...". I did not say that he wrote the music to the Sting. There is a difference. 8)|
Most Popular | Hardest | Easiest
Privacy | Terms
Copyright © 2003