I Am Hidden in Here #12
In this teaser, you are to take the first letter from the people's surnames to discover the name of this author of short tales which illustrated truths about life and human nature.
1. I was the ruthless dictator of the African nation of Uganda during the 1970s.
2. I began my career as a pool hall piano player and grew to become one of the great figures in American jazz. I became one of the first to use classical themes in jazz and am still considered to be one of the most innovative composers in jazz history.
3. I created and drew the long-running comic strip Peanuts.
4. I am remembered for winning four track and field gold medals at the 1936 Berlin Olympics.
5. I was a 19th-century biologist and chemist whose work with germs and microorganisms not only opened up whole new fields of scientific inquiry, but also aided industries ranging from wine to silk, making me one of the world's most celebrated scientists.
Comments on this teaser
|Posted by lmurray||07/01/07|
|EASY THOUGHT IT WAS, I ENJOYED READING IT QUITE A BIT, AND THE BREADTH OF THE SUBJECT WAS DIVERSE.
MORE IF YOU PLEASE. :wink:|
|Posted by jazzmusician46||07/01/07|
|Thank you :D|
|Posted by Brock||07/02/07|
|Posted by Hadleigh||07/05/07|
|Jazz that was good but the easiest one of yours yet. :P
It could be an age thing that I knew all the answers. Also there is only one famous fable teller !!!|
|Posted by jazzmusician46||07/06/07|
|Thanks guys, and yes Hadleigh, perhaps it is an age thing. For me as well, Aesop is easy, but I know most youngies don't know about him, or are even taught about him in schools. So for them, it'll be a tough one! My aim it to vary teasers, so some age groups will find some of my teasers difficult and vice versa. Thanks for your feedback. :D|
|Posted by saltydavid||07/18/07|
|I had to do it backwards, since I knew the answer.|
|Posted by fizzmaister||03/04/08|
|I only got the third one, didntt know the first 2m couldn't remember Jessee Owens or Pasteur.
but with just the S and knowing it was 5 letters I got AESOP|
Most Popular | Hardest | Easiest
Privacy | Terms
Copyright © 2003