One of the teachers, Mrs. Pillywag, of Gaithersburg High School, is in charge of giving out awards for student accomplishment. The problem is that she doesn't know who is getting what award or what grade they're in.
She knows the names of the students, the possible grades, and what awards there are. The student names are John Smith, Peter Lauer, Lauren Knight, and Kaitlynn Taylor. At the school, the grades are 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th. Only one student receives an award per grade. The possible awards are Science Excellence, Athlete-Scholar, Artist of the Year, and Principal's Choice Award.
She also knows:
1. Only a 12th Grader can get the Principal's Choice Award.
2. Lauren has won the Artist Award every year she was in high school.
3. The winners in 9th and 12th grade are both boys.
4. The person who won the Athlete-Scholar Award is in 10th Grade.
5. The winner of the Science Excellence award has only been in the school for 1 year.
6. Lauren is in 11th Grade.
7. Kaitlynn is the Athlete-Scholar.
8. Peter won the award that starts with the same letter as his name.
Comments on this teaser
Most Popular | Hardest | Easiest
Privacy | Terms
Copyright © 2003