Tom Swifties Continue
A Tom Swifty is a play on words. Tom speaks, and the way he is said to speak is a pun. Both meanings of the pun could be true.
e.g. "I love hot dogs", Tom said frankly.
"Frank" describes how he spoke and relates to the hot dog! [Frankfurter!]
Choose one of the listed words or phrases to fill each gap.
** CLUES **
1. "I was adopted," said Tom _____.
2. "Pass the playing cards," said Tom _____.
3. "I know the square root of 64," said Tom ____.
4. "The prisoner escaped down a rope," said Tom ____.
5. "None of my teeth have had any decay yet," said Tom ____.
Choose one of the listed words to fill each gap.
** WORD LIST **
belatedly condescendingly congenially considerately gracefully ideally precariously suddenly transparently unwittingly
** BONUS **
Complete this one yourself and write your answer as a "Comment".
"This is tedious", said Tom _____.
Comments on this teaser
Most Popular | Hardest | Easiest
Privacy | Terms
Copyright © 2003