In this teaser, you will be given rows, each with three clues. The answer to the second clue of any row will consist of the letters -- usually rearranged -- of the answer to the first clue in that row, minus one letter. The answer to the third clue, likewise, will consist of the letters from the second answer, minus one. If you put each dropped letter into the box following the word from which it was dropped, reading down the two columns of boxes will give a phrase, or two terms that are somehow related.
1. Climb [_] 2. Walking supports [_] 3. Mentally healthy
4. Evaporated [_] 5. Like an ear or a cam [_] 6. Drained
7. Hear, actively [_] 8. Information, abbr. [_] 9. Sharp point
10. Failing engine's sound [_] 11. Bursts [_] 12. _____ throat
13. Entangled (as, in a situation) [_] 14. A U.S. coin [_] 15. Board game device
16. Fundamentals [_] 17. Wound coverings [_] 18. Surname from "Silas Marner"
19. Spoiled; sour [_] 20. A sink's exit [_] 21. Mend a garment
22. Alloy ingredient [_] 23. Limping [_] 24. Tall tree
Comments on this teaser
Most Popular | Hardest | Easiest
Privacy | Terms
Copyright © 2003