Catalan Opera Singers
Nuria was making a school project about the early days of four well-known Catalan opera singers. Unfortunately, she messed up her notes and has only some scraps of information left. Can you help her determine the name and surname of each of the singers, when they sung professionally for the first time and which opera was it?
A note for opera lovers: the names and surnames do not correspond to the real ones (this is explained in the answer).
A note for non-opera lovers: the hint reveals who composed each opera.
Names: Montserrat, Victoria (women) Josep, Jaume (men)
Surnames: Carreras, dels Angels, Aragall, Caballe
Professional Debut: 1945, 1957, 1961, 1970
Opera: Le Nozze di Figaro, Norma, I Pagliacci, La Boheme
1. The four singers are: Montserrat, the one who made his/her debut in 1961, the one who played a minor role in Norma and the one surnamed Caballe.
2. Neither Jaume nor Victoria made their debut in 1970, nor did she sing in La Boheme.
3. The four operas are: Le Nozze, the one staged in 1957, the one with dels Angels and I Pagliacci.
4. La Boheme was staged in 1957.
5. The one surnamed Carreras sung in an opera by Leoncavallo, and the 1945 debutante didn't sing in an opera by Bellini.
6. Caballe was greatly applauded for his/her performance in Le Nozze.
7. The men made their debut after the women.
Answer:Montserrat Aragall, 1957, La Boheme (real name: Montserrat Caballe, well-known for her duet with Freddy Mercury during the Barcelona Olympics in 1992).
Victoria Caballe, 1945, Nozze di Figaro (real name: Victoria dels Angels)
Josep dels Angels, 1970, Norma (real name: Josep Carreras, part of "The Three Tenors" along with Placido Domingo and Pavarotti).
Jaume Carreras, 1961, I Pagliacci (real name: Jaume Aragall)
If you enjoy fine voices, be sure to check them out!
Comments on this teaser
Most Popular | Hardest | Easiest
Privacy | Terms
Copyright © 2003