Five cousins are celebrating New Year's Day. Using the following clues, determine each person's age, birth date, and birth time.
Names: Alvin, Donna, Jerry, Laura, Steve (Donna and Laura are girls)
Ages: 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
Months: February, May, June, August, October
Dates: 9th, 11th, 15th, 29th, 31st
Times: 6:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 2:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 7:00 PM
1) Two of the boys were born in a leap year.
2) Neither girl was born in the morning.
3) Both girls were born in the first half of the month.
4) One of the boys was born three hours later in the day than one of the girls.
5) No one celebrated a golden birthday last year, and no one will celebrate a golden birthday this year.
6) The five people are: Alvin, the person who is 32 years old, the person born in August, the person born on the 11th, and the person born at 9:00 AM.
7) The person born at 6:00 AM is older than the girl born on the 15th, who is older than the boy born in October.
8) Jerry was born earlier in the year than the person born on the 11th, who was born earlier in the year than the person who is 28 years old.
9) The person born in May was born earlier in the month than the person born at 7:00 PM, who was born earlier in the month than the person who is 30 years old.
10) The person born on the 29th was born earlier in the day than the person who is 31 years old, who was born earlier in the day than the person born in June.
11) Steve and Donna have the two closest birthdays.
Answer:Alvin, 28 years old, born on October 31st at 5:00 PM
Donna, 29 years old, born on June 11th at 7:00 PM
Jerry, 32 years old, born on February 29th at 6:00 AM
Laura, 30 years old, born on August 15th at 2:00 PM
Steve, 31 years old, born on May 9th at 9:00 AM
Comments on this teaser
Most Popular | Hardest | Easiest
Privacy | Terms
Copyright © 2003