Brain Teasers, Riddles and more...
With over 14,000 brain teasers, riddles, logic problems and mind puzzles submitted and ranked by users like you, Braingle has the largest collection anywhere on the internet. If you need a brain teaser, mind puzzle or riddle, we are the place to get it. Increase your creativity and boost learning. Get ready to have your brain tangled!
Daily Brain Teaser
Sam and Lisa live in a city in Nevada, USA, whose streets run perfectly north-to-south and east-to-west. They are at the intersection of Harrison Street, which is north-south, and Jefferson Street, which is east-west. They are both walking to an intersection that is a few blocks east and a few blocks south from where they are now. They both take direct routes, using only two streets each (and therefore making only one turn each), but Sam takes Harrison Street while Lisa takes Jefferson Street. Assuming that neither encounters any obstacles, and that the turns take the same distance to complete, is there any reason why Sam's path or Lisa's path could be considered longer than the other's?
|Up For the Count|
|Words With KL|
- Submit your own brain teaers
- Post comments on brain teasers
- Keep track of your favorite brain teasers
- Puzzle Hunts - Scavenger hunts on the internet. Can you get to the end?
- Codes & Ciphers - Cryptography is the discipline of using codes and ciphers to encrypt a message and make it unreadable unless the recipient knows the secret to decrypt it.
- Mechanical Puzzles - Discover hundreds of mind-boggling mechanical puzzles.