What are the Odds?Trick brain teasers appear difficult at first, but they have a trick that makes them really easy.
If you choose to answer this question at random, what are the chances you will be correct?
HintWhat category is this question under?
If you were to choose 25%, that would be wrong, because there are two 25% answers, giving you a probability of 50%, which is also not possible, because the answer 50% is only offered once as an option. It's a probability paradox!
Rate Brain Teaser
If you become a registered user you can vote on brain teasers.
Posted by kitty-cat on Nov 18, 2012|
Great teaser, I got it simply because I read too many trick brain teasers.
I saw the name in the new teasers section and luckily glanced at the category before answering. I thought it was probability at first.
Posted by ursulanq on Nov 20, 2012|
Nice one!! Of course me being me I said 25%. Aren't I amazing!!!
Posted by dangerouspie101 on Nov 23, 2012|
Posted by supernova12 on Nov 24, 2012|
I love your teasers! They're all very creative and and perfect in every way!
Posted by Quocalimar on Nov 24, 2012|
bwuuuuuuuuuuuh. I got it wrong and still don;t get it after reading the answer. That was extremely clever.
Posted by Viper on Nov 25, 2012|
The correct answer is B.
The question is phrased "IF you choose to answer this question at random." 50%!
Posted by kitty-cat on Nov 28, 2012|
But if the correct answer is B, then you DON'T have a 50% chance of getting it right. If the answer is 50%, then the answer is actually 25%, but then it would be 50, and it's an endless loop, a paradox.
Posted by christiangrl on Nov 28, 2012|
Thank you kitty.
Posted by Thekid4 on Dec 05, 2012|
Okay, I see the paradox, but why is the answer 0%? Shouldn't it be "there is no answer" or "paradox"? Either way, great teaser.
Posted by sarah12lizbeth on Dec 08, 2012|
I thought that as well, Viper. 50%. Hmmm...
Posted by Obilio on Dec 11, 2012|
cool I think, lol
Posted by sashomarine on Mar 22, 2013|
That's really smart
Posted by JQPublic on Apr 19, 2013|
Thanks, my brain really hurts now. Great teaser.
Posted by SaraGrace on Jul 31, 2013|
I liked this one
Posted by kitykity1t on Aug 06, 2013|
this just scrambled my brain and served it with toast.Wheat toast.
To post a comment, please visit the Full Site
Back to Top