You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
1. Recite all the numbers between 1 and 100 that contain the digit 7. (7, 17, 27...)
2. Count down from 200 by 4s. (200, 196, 192...)
3. Recite the numbers counting up by 4s and by 5s (4-5, 8-10, 12-15...)
4. Start with 2 and start doubling it in your head. See how far you can get. (2, 4, 8, 16, 32...)
Feel free to modify these exercises and practice them to increase your ability.
- Memory Tests - Determine how good your memory is.
- Flash Cards - Create and use flash cards to learn new information.
- Vocab Builder - Build a better vocabulary with these words from the SAT and GRE standardized tests.