You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
1. Pass out three cards to everyone in the group and ask them to write down a different problem statement on each card.
2. Shuffle the cards and pass out two cards to each person, putting the remainder in the middle of the table. If anyone gets his own card or one he dislikes, he should exchange it for a new one from the pile in the middle.
3. People should now pair up and synthesize their four problem statements into one new one. Present this to the group.
4. The group should now come up with one new problem statement that incorporates the best parts of everything that has been presented.
This exercise is a good way to gain understanding of the problem and what directions the group should take to solve it.
- Memory Tests - Determine how good your memory is.
- Flash Cards - Create and use flash cards to learn new information.
- Vocab Builder - Build a better vocabulary with these words from the SAT and GRE standardized tests.