You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
1. Recite the alphabet backwards.
2. Recite the alphabet skipping every other letter. (A, C, E, G, ...)
3. Try spelling two words by alternating one letter at a time (example with words "carrot" and "potato": cpaortraotto)
4. Pick a word and spell it. Then shift it by a letter and spell again. Repeat. (example: RELAX, ELAXR, LAXRE, AXREL, ...)
Remember, this is a mental exercise, so try to do it with your eyes closed.
Alternate Solutions II
Mental Taste II
True or False II
- Memory Tests - Determine how good your memory is.
- Flash Cards - Create and use flash cards to learn new information.
- Vocab Builder - Build a better vocabulary with these words from the SAT and GRE standardized tests.