You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
1. Try doing your grocery shopping at a different store. This will force you to learn a different store layout, and different brands of foods. Maybe you'll find something that you like better.
2. Shop at specialty markets. Instead of getting everything from one place, go to a bakery, a butcher shop, a farmers market, or an ethnic food store. You will probably get fresher food that will taste better and be better for you. Often these markets will have uncommon varieties that you can't get at a supermarket. Try one of these to get a different sensory input.
- Memory Tests - Determine how good your memory is.
- Flash Cards - Create and use flash cards to learn new information.
- Vocab Builder - Build a better vocabulary with these words from the SAT and GRE standardized tests.