You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
1. Start in a standing position with good posture and make sure that you are breathing properly throughout the exercise.
2. Slowly lift both shoulders up towards your head and hold for a few seconds. Release back to normal. Repeat a few times.
3. Slowly rotate your right shoulder in a circle (up, back, down, forward) a few times. Repeat with your left shoulder. Then switch directions and repeat.
4. Slowly tilt your head towards one shoulder and feel the stretch. Now move your head back to the center and go to the other side. Repeat several times.
5. Slowly turn your head so you are looking over your shoulder. Return to the center and then go to the other side. Feel the stretch. Repeat several times.
6. Remain standing and take several deep breaths before finishing.
- Memory Tests - Determine how good your memory is.
- Flash Cards - Create and use flash cards to learn new information.
- Vocab Builder - Build a better vocabulary with these words from the SAT and GRE standardized tests.