You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
One way to motivate yourself to complete undesirable tasks is to find some way to make them fun. Sometimes it will be difficult to make things enjoyable, but if you have a little brainstorm, you can probably figure something out.
For example, to make cleaning the bathroom fun, you could:
1) Play some music and coordinate all your movements to the beat of the tune.
2) Set a timer and race against the last time you cleaned the bathroom. Try to be as efficient as possible.
3) Multitasking! Try to clean two things at once using both hands.
4) Pretend that you are fighting a war against a tiny dirt army. Your sponge is a bomber. Make airplane sounds.
5) Strap sponges to your feet and clean the tub without your hands.
Yeah, some of these may sound silly, but if you let your inner child out and have some fun, you may find that the task is easer to do.
- Memory Tests - Determine how good your memory is.
- Flash Cards - Create and use flash cards to learn new information.
- Vocab Builder - Build a better vocabulary with these words from the SAT and GRE standardized tests.