You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
adjective :: Allowing light to pass through, as porcelain; translucent or transparent; pellucid; clear.
"This beautiful and diaphanous quality of the Rocky Mountain streams prevails for a long time after they have mingled their waters and swollen into important rivers." --Irving, Washington
This icebreaker will have everyone laughing:
Break everyone up into small groups of 2 or 3. Give each group a made-up punchline. Each group now has 5 minutes to come up with a joke or story that uses that punchline at the end. The crazier the better! Here are some example punchlines:
1. And that is why you never let a cat go fishing!
2. That proves that elephants don't like hot dogs.
3. Finally he said, "Sir, your computer doesn't have a cigarette lighter."
4. The moral of the story is, "Always wear socks!"
Salads contain antioxidants such as beta-carotene and vitamins C and E, which help your brain stay healthy.
Yogurt contains the amino acid tyrosine, which is needed for some essential brain chemistry.
Fish contains Omega-3 fatty acids, which help prevent dementia and keep your brain working in tip-top shape.
Curry contains a spice called turmeric which can help prevent Alzheimer's Disease.
Try to avoid junk food high in sugar and fat. There have been some studies that imply a connection between junk food and mental disorders such as dyslexia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and autism.
- Memory Tests - Determine how good your memory is.
- Flash Cards - Create and use flash cards to learn new information.
- Vocab Builder - Build a better vocabulary with these words from the SAT and GRE standardized tests.