You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
1. Candy is bad for you.
2. In a tennis match, the taller player will win more often.
3. Global warming can be reversed.
You can repeat this exercise by using any subjective statement that you can find. This exercise will help you to see that many issues have different sides to them.
noun :: Glowing and warmly enthusiastic praise.
"This part of the existing hymn ends with an encomium of the Delian festival of Apollo and of the Delian choirs." --Homer
Naturally, the bigger you make your chunks, the fewer chunks you are able to remember. The "7 pieces of information" statistic is based on remembering single characters. If you are remembering short words, you'll be limited to around 6 chunks. If you are remembering short sentences the chunk number drops to 2, however at that point you've managed to cram over 40 letters into your brain!
- Memory Tests - Determine how good your memory is.
- Flash Cards - Create and use flash cards to learn new information.
- Vocab Builder - Build a better vocabulary with these words from the SAT and GRE standardized tests.