You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
1. nietsniE treblA- .wen gnihtyna deirt reven ekatsim a edam reven ohw nosrep A
2. nosidE .A samohT- .noitaripsrep tnec rep enin-ytenin dna noitaripsni tnec rep eno si suineG
3. eraepsekahS mailliW- .loof a eb ot flesmih swonk nam esiw a tub ,esiw eb ot flesmih skniht loof A
4. setracseD eneR- .llew ti esu ot si gniht niam eht ;dnim doog a evah ot hguone ton si tI
5. ybsoC lliB- .ecivda eht deen taht seno diputs eht s'ti - yrassecen t'nia esiw eht ot drow A
noun :: The quality or state of being flat, thin, or insipid; flat commonness; triteness; staleness of ideas of language.
noun :: A thought or remark which is flat, dull, trite, or weak; a truism; a commonplace.
"A trite platitude about his not caring to lose her was on his lips, but he refrained from uttering it." -- London, Jack
Some of the things that will affect which memory tool you choose are: How familiar with the topic are you? What are you trying to remember (names, facts, numbers, etc)? How specific does your memory need to be (concepts only, word-for-word)? How long do you need to remember this information?
We will present a tool for each situation, so if you practice our exercises, you will eventually have a complete tool chest of memory techniques.
- Memory Tests - Determine how good your memory is.
- Flash Cards - Create and use flash cards to learn new information.
- Vocab Builder - Build a better vocabulary with these words from the SAT and GRE standardized tests.