You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
Example problem statement: How can I hire qualified employees?
How can I hire excellent employees?
How can I hire qualified team members?
How can I keep current employees?
How can I attract qualified employees?
How can I train unqualified employees?
1. Peeling an orange
2. A leaf blowing in the wind
3. An alien from outer space
4. Mickey Mouse
5. The world's smallest elephant
The next time you see one of these items, pay special attention to it and try to memorize its features, then repeat this exercise and see if you've improved. There are some items in the list that you are certain to have never seen before. These are designed to flex your ability to put several memories together into one visualization.
1. Buying a new digital camera.
2. Choosing what you wear in the morning.
3. Buying a new car.
Whenever you need to make a decision, making a list of all the criteria can help you make an intelligent choice.
1. You favorite coffee mug just broke. List five good things about that.
2. You have just won big on a slot machine in Vegas. List five reasons why this is bad.
3. Your flight home for the holidays was just canceled. List five reasons why you should be glad.
4. Your son just got straight As on his report card. List five reasons why you should be upset.
- Memory Tests - Determine how good your memory is.
- Flash Cards - Create and use flash cards to learn new information.
- Vocab Builder - Build a better vocabulary with these words from the SAT and GRE standardized tests.