You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
Humans spend about a third of their lives asleep. Some lucid dreamers argue that sleeping through dreams is not a productive use of one's lifespan. With consistent practice, people can learn to become lucid pretty much whenever they want and recapture some of this lost time. Lucid dreaming is not easy; it requires a lot of practice and training.
1. A tennis ball
How well did you do at recreating the texture? How long did it take? Rank your recreation on a scale of 1-10 for how close it was to reality. Try to do better each time you practice this exercise.
Pick a goal that you want to achieve. You may want to start with a small goal and work your way up to bigger goals as you gain practice with this technique. Let's say that your goal is to go bowling and get two strikes in a row. Close your eyes and picture yourself bowling. Try to involve all of your senses. How does the bowling alley sound? What does the ball feel like? Do you notice particular smells? Visualize yourself getting the two strikes in a row. Pay attention to your feelings and recognize how much you will enjoy achieving this goal. This visualization will help your mind prepare for achieving the goal.
You can do this exercise whenever you are sitting around doing nothing, whether it's on the bus or in a waiting room. If you have a friend with you, make it a challenge to see who can find the most objects.
1. Your favorite pair of jeans just got a hole in them. List five reasons why this is good.
2. You forgot your umbrella at home and now it's raining. List five reasons why you should be happy about this.
3. You just got a raise at work. List five reasons why you should be disappointed.
4. Your best friend just gave you a surprise birthday party. List five reasons why you should be angry with him or her.
- Memory Tests - Determine how good your memory is.
- Flash Cards - Create and use flash cards to learn new information.
- Vocab Builder - Build a better vocabulary with these words from the SAT and GRE standardized tests.