You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
1. Buying a new digital camera.
2. Choosing what you wear in the morning.
3. Buying a new car.
Whenever you need to make a decision, making a list of all the criteria can help you make an intelligent choice.
1. You favorite coffee mug just broke. List five good things about that.
2. You have just won big on a slot machine in Vegas. List five reasons why this is bad.
3. Your flight home for the holidays was just canceled. List five reasons why you should be glad.
4. Your son just got straight As on his report card. List five reasons why you should be upset.
1. A ripe orange
2. Hot chocolate
3. A rose
4. A skunk
5. Cigar smoke
How well did you do at recreating the smells?
1. The theme song for your favorite TV show.
2. A waterfall.
3. A big dog barking. A little dog barking.
4. A racecar starting and screeching away.
5. Your father's voice.
How well did you do at reproducing those sounds in your head? With practice, you'll get better at imagining sounds.
If you like this exercise, try Mental Audio I.
How many did you get?
0-5 You need to practice.
5-10 Pretty good. Next time try for double.
11-20 Good job!
20+ You have an excellent imagination.
You can repeat this exercise as many times as you want with different products (try our Chocolate Cereal exercise). The more you practice the better you'll get.
- Memory Tests - Determine how good your memory is.
- Flash Cards - Create and use flash cards to learn new information.
- Vocab Builder - Build a better vocabulary with these words from the SAT and GRE standardized tests.