Public Forums Talk Boxes Private Messages Live Chat Social

What made you smile today? #11

Posted: 12:29AM Jun 13, 2015
RGW4Ausmod

My favorite uncle passed away last week. Heavy on the mind. On Facebook, one of his daughters (my cousin) posted a picture of me with my 4 siblings from about 1985. 30 years ago, we were pretty thin and well, I was wearing short shorts, along with one of my other brothers. Had to laugh... two of my siblings posted comments (one sibling has passed away since this picture and the other does not use a computer) so we all got a chance to laugh at ourselves. In a time of their major sorrow, she reached out into her earlier life events and posted one only of us... a second photo was of us with our parents (they both passed away in the 90's).
This is sort of win/loss on this topic. It made me smile, but it made me cry. Age is creeping up.

"That's one of the remarkable things about life. It's never so bad that it can't get worse." Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes
Posted: 10:36AM Jun 13, 2015
Hydra1234Ait

Alas, time marches on.
Smiling at the beautiful weather.

All fields of science are just applied physics.
Posted: 12:32PM Jun 13, 2015
whoviandebAus

Camp starts tomorrow!! Woo!!

Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
Posted: 10:01PM Jun 13, 2015
mnkgylAin

Got three karma arrows.

Every problem can be solved with a trick but finding that trick itself needs another trick.
Posted: 03:56PM Jun 14, 2015
vlermaAus
Grayma V

My daughter let me drive today out at the cemetery. She discovered the old lady hasn't forgotten how so then she let me drive through town and home. I was a bad girl - ha ha - I drove right by the cop shop, but they were all out looking for illegally parked cars any how. I chose to quit driving about 5 years ago when I felt it was no longer safe for me or anyone else if I was behind the wheel. But my breathing is so much better now, so my mind is much clearer and my reaction time is good. I believe I will attempt to reapply for my driver's license now. No one knows how helpless one feels when you have to depend on someone else all the time for transportation. Wouldn't plan on any out of town trips, but just to be able to drive to the store or the park with my fishing pole will make this old Grayma happy.

PS Randy, sorry for your loss. It is getting so I hate to pick up the paper because there is always someone I know passing over. And I know eventually we will all join them. So sad when it is someone who hasn't had a real chance at life. I have noticed in the obits that people have started saying "A celebration of life for so and so will be held at". I try to tell everyone, remember the good times and the bad times disappear. Prayers said for you and your family, Randy.

---This message was edited on 04:03PM Jun 14, 2015---

The sound of the wild, but if there is no one there, does anyone hear their howls?
Posted: 12:22AM Jun 17, 2015
bluegrasssAusmod
Perseverance

That sometimes Doctors may be wrong. June 15, 2015 has been 13 years the Doctors told me I would not see.
Posted: 03:24AM Jun 17, 2015
Hydra1234Ait

I know.
I just started having conversations over email, and hisdoctor said that he would be in a wheelchair in six months. That was December.

All fields of science are just applied physics.
Posted: 04:46PM Jun 20, 2015
ShadowsAca

Two shopping trips last night (for clothes and food) - bought a lot of both.
Posted: 01:49PM Jun 25, 2015
vlermaAus
Grayma V

Yeah, I made it back. So frustrating when you get old and forget everything you ever knew about nothing. LOL Now I understand how some people can run under one name on here and then all of a sudden here they are with another name. I now know how they do it! Don't like it that way. I was the original vlerma - not the greatest name, but it is mine. But while in hospital with my tablet I signed on as Graymav. Came back home and my computer automatically logged me on to Braingle. Until that is I did a manual disc clean up. Froggy had to get Jake to intercede for me the first time, but this time she talked me through it, and it worked. Thanks again, Miss Frog!

And bluegrass thanks for the PM. Now I fully understand and having been really close before I just keep saying, Well I'm still here so He must still have something He wants me to do, so I'd better shut up and listen.

How many have been able to see the Northern Lights after our big solar flares?

---This message was edited on 01:08AM Jun 26, 2015---

The sound of the wild, but if there is no one there, does anyone hear their howls?
Posted: 06:48PM Jun 25, 2015
froggyggAusmod
Magical Sorceress Frog

Seeing Grayma back on site. Glad it worked!

SMILE and people will wonder what you are up to!
Posted: 11:00PM Jul 3, 2015
whoviandebAus

I won the Doctor Who trivia contest at Barnes & Noble. Got a tote bag, mug and mini-Tardis.

Posted: 12:33PM Jul 4, 2015
froggyggAusmod
Magical Sorceress Frog

Who's post above. Congratulations!

Posted: 10:11AM Jul 16, 2015
vlermaAus
Grayma V

I am giggling over Froggy's frog cartoons.

Posted: 01:33AM Jul 17, 2015
froggyggAusmod
Magical Sorceress Frog

Grayma's post.

Posted: 01:16AM Aug 24, 2015
RGW4Ausmod

Our niece found a dog and could not find the owner. She had to go back to college and could not do what was necessary. We took the dog, posted signs in the area she found it... and after a week with no luck, we decided to take it to the Pasadena Humane Society. In that week, I really bonded with this little guy; we thought about adopting him but he was just a bit too aggressive for us and on our original dog. Anyway, today was the first day that they could have adopted him out; and tonight I see his picture has been removed. Part of me was sad... as my wife knew that I would not allow him to be put down... and she agreed. So we have been waiting and watching. So tonight when I see his picture has been removed, I know he has found a home. If they do not have a dog or really small kids right now, he should do just fine. He was very good with our 2 year old grandson; but he does like to jump up on peoples legs to be pet... so the kids have to be either old enough to handle this; or he could be back again later. In any case, tonight I have a smile... and a tear... glad he has a new home; sorry it's not with us!

"That's one of the remarkable things about life. It's never so bad that it can't get worse." Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes
Posted: 03:29AM Aug 24, 2015
vlermaAus
Grayma V

Smiling at Randy's animal loving heart. Good man.

---This message was edited on 03:30AM Aug 24, 2015---

Posted: 08:29PM Aug 25, 2015
froggyggAusmod
Magical Sorceress Frog

Also smiling at Randy's kind heart for a small dog.

Posted: 12:03PM Nov 25, 2015
vlermaAus
Grayma V

I'm smiling at how long no one has been smiling. Goodness people lighten up. I'm relieved that I got the birthday club caught up. Computer was hiccuping and I wasn't real sure what trouble I was in so I at least got part of my problems caught up and back in order. Had trouble with drivers being out of date, but they are ok again. Guess I thought that was something that would just do itself. Since I don't have a driver's license any more I didn't know I still had to take care of my drivers on here. LOL

Posted: 07:02PM Dec 5, 2015
whoviandebAus

I had fabulous birthday yesterday - with a few surprises.

My youngest daughter made me breakfast - which consisted of a big bowl of a lot more cereal than I normally eat! Then my parents came to my workplace with a huge balloon and their gifts. I've never been surprised like that before! It was so fun.

I don't always enjoy my birthdays, but this was a good one.

Posted: 09:52PM Dec 6, 2015
RGW4Ausmod

I am smiling tonight that whoviandeb had a good birthday. It is always nice to have that special type of a day!

!
Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Online Now
7 users and 503 guests

Enter the Live Chat Room
Get Your Free Braingle Account
  • Submit your own brain teasers
  • Vote on puzzles and track your favorites
  • Chat with other smart people
Copyright © 1999-2018 | FAQ | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise | Braingle Time: 12:09 pm
Sign In Create a Free Account