Public Forums Talk Boxes Private Messages Live Chat Social

What Made You Frown VI

Posted: 09:39PM Jun 9, 2015
mnkgylAin

Frowning because the last thread in this series lasted 4 years and this will last longer.

Every problem can be solved with a trick but finding that trick itself needs another trick.
Posted: 10:19PM Jun 9, 2015
LogicalRogerAus

Frowning at general anxieties creeping behind me, but smiling at the fact that the last thread had been going since 2011. What history!

Why didn't the Libertarian cross the road?
Posted: 10:22PM Jun 9, 2015
Hydra1234Ait

Frowning at conflicting emotions

All fields of science are just applied physics.
Posted: 07:03AM Jun 10, 2015
ultimatecubtgb

Frowning at missing our only chemistry lesson before the trip because of PSHE. Now we only have 4 left this year.

Chemistry is awesome!
Posted: 01:27PM Jun 10, 2015
LogicalRogerAus

LAUSD constantly putting me on hold and failing to answer any of my questions adequately. I'm either on hold, directed to an answering machine and a dead end, hung up on, left hanging as they do nothing with the information I've given them, or getting the wrong answers to my questions.

Great service guys! Now where's the "rate my performance" button so I can do some rating....

Posted: 02:16PM Jun 10, 2015
Hydra1234Ait

frowning at CA's drought.

Posted: 07:14PM Jun 10, 2015
whoviandebAus

Drizzle... the most pointless type of rain

Do I look to be in a gaming mood?
Posted: 10:10PM Jun 10, 2015
Hydra1234Ait

Insomania. I found a coworker sleeping on his keyboard.

Posted: 02:11AM Jun 14, 2015
LogicalRogerAus

I hope I can get a decent job I can enjoy. As of now I don't think I can be a sub without a car. I'm doubting the possibility.

Jobs are even worse than college.

Posted: 11:32PM Jun 14, 2015
froggyggAusmod
Magical Sorceress Frog

Frowning at the continued triple digit weather here - and in a drought to boot. Had to run errands yesterday and today and got really overheated today. Sgt said it was heat exhaustion causing chills, headache, and upset stomach. Just can't seem to cool off since then. Ugh

SMILE and people will wonder what you are up to!
Posted: 04:06AM Jun 15, 2015
Hydra1234Ait

Central Valley must be a oven at this point.
For some reason my computer crashed and it has not been able to get up.

Posted: 06:51PM Jun 25, 2015
froggyggAusmod
Magical Sorceress Frog

Extended triple digits forecast with 107 for tomorrow (Friday)! It is so hot out that it feels like you stepped into a sauna when you walk outside. Ugh...

Wish I were this frog right about now!

Posted: 10:18PM Jun 27, 2015
RGW4Ausmod

Frowning because I buried my last blood uncle today (no blood aunts still alive either, only two aunts by marriage).

Life moves on... still need that moment for today.

"That's one of the remarkable things about life. It's never so bad that it can't get worse." Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes
Posted: 12:43PM Jun 28, 2015
froggyggAusmod
Magical Sorceress Frog

Frowning at Randy's news. Sorry for your loss, Randy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and you family.

Posted: 03:42PM Jun 28, 2015
RGW4Ausmod

Thanks Froggy, this has not been a very good year so far... oldest brother in Jan, hearing about my best man in May, and now my uncle. I am doing just fine mentally, just need to remember the better times. My uncle has been ill for over a year, his family are truly happy is suffering is over. Sometimes even the best memories in the world can not change a lingering death that family members prepare for. My cousin told me they were all ready for it... several times in the last year. He told me when it is his time, he hopes he is hit by a bus and it ends quickly. I know what he was saying.

My dad went very fast, Heart attack around noon, gone by 3 PM. My mom lingered for a few weeks, though not really in a lot of pain, just chemo and treatments and such, and basically on her last day, was the only time she spent in the hospital for very long and in pain. She had given strict orders to not revive her... to me, as kids, that is the hardest thing to swollow while we were by her bedside and saw her last breath leave her body knowing no one was going to try and do anything.

The service was nice for my uncle, pretty much an upbeat celebration of life. My wife kept trying to hand me a tissue that she had with her, but I was ok, little tear drops to the side of the eyes at times. The only point where I could not hold back was when my younger female cousin talked about how strong her dad was and how all her life she always saw him as a pillar of strength. The only time she ever saw her dad cry, was when his brother died (my dad)... yeah, they were close. My wife offered the tissue again, this time I took it.

Sorry, I had to do that, I turned that frown upside down. Good memories will usually help bad situations.

"That's one of the remarkable things about life. It's never so bad that it can't get worse." Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes
Posted: 03:21AM Jun 29, 2015
vlermaAus
Grayma V

Randy, I too wish to send my condolences for your loss. Memories are funny things, and I don't necessarily mean funny, ha ha, but funny, odd. They can cause tears or smiles, depending on your choice. The grieving process is definitely for the survivors to help ease the memories, good or bad. I truly like the idea of "The Celebration of Life". Why not, we all wish to remembered for the good things we did in life, the good memories we have left with those who are in attendance. I have always told my family to remember the good times and to learn from the bad times, for it is from them that you learn not to let yourself repeat them.

But of course, Randy, with the year you have had, you do know all of this. For me, just since January, my family has remained untouched by death, but I have lost 4 long time friends or family of such. The young ones who have been called Home are the hardest to accept. But again it is a case of not understanding Our Lord's plans and our own determination to hold on to life for those we love until the bitter end.

Know your friends, family and loved ones share your sorrow, but they will also help you get through your memories, good and bad of a situation. For they also have their memories, some to share and some to keep close to their hearts. Keep a smiling heart, Randy.

The sound of the wild, but if there is no one there, does anyone hear their howls?
Posted: 01:27PM Jul 1, 2015
whoviandebAus

Frowning at my tendency to procrastinate this morning. As much as I like relaxing, things need to be done around here!

Do I look to be in a gaming mood?
Posted: 09:54AM Jul 3, 2015
LogicalRogerAus

Insomnia the night before a con. Now I actually need to drink coffee.

Posted: 12:07PM Jul 11, 2015
froggyggAusmod
Magical Sorceress Frog

Frowning at myself for procrastinating on going grocery shopping.

Posted: 05:02PM Jul 11, 2015
Hydra1234Ait

Frowning at forgetting to go to a meeting at work.

!
Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Braingle Chat
Online Now
13 users and 612 guests

Enter the Live Chat Room
Get Your Free Braingle Account
  • Submit your own brain teasers
  • Vote on puzzles and track your favorites
  • Chat with other smart people
Copyright © 1999-2018 | FAQ | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise | Braingle Time: 2:02 pm
Sign In Create a Free Account