Public Forums Talk Boxes Private Messages Live Chat Social

Need beta testers for new puzzle game: Kakuro

Posted: 04:38PM Feb 20, 2018

Hi Braingle,

Ive created a new puzzle game for everyone to play and I need some beta testers. Here is the secret link:

Please let me know if you find any problems with this new game and let me know if you want to see more of these types of puzzle games in the future.

Have you visited Braingle lately?
Posted: 06:15PM Feb 20, 2018

The first thing I noticed is that the rules could be clarified to mention that the same number cannot repeat in a row or column, and that doesn't apply when rows or columns are split by empty space. But other than that, not bad so far. Never tried this puzzle, and it is fun.

Would like to see KenKen next.

ARRRRR! Watch yerselves on the high seas, or me Jolly Roger be the last thing ye see before ye meets Davy Jones!
Posted: 05:20AM Feb 21, 2018
Wearer of Many Hats

I haven't played Kakuro in ages, so it's nice to see the game again. I've played a couple of games, and haven't seen any problems in the game play itself so far.

I did notice some typos:

In the Play Kakuro screen:
Please select a difficult and start a puzzle.

In the instructions:
By listing out all the possible sums for each entry and comparing this to the other entires, you can find clues that will help you solve the puzzle.
Posted: 08:08PM Feb 22, 2018
Wearer of Many Hats

I may have found a bug.

It appears that "Easy" is the default level, and when I first played, the High Scores indicated I had played an "Easy" game.

Then I selected "Medium" and later "Hard".

Then I manually selected "Easy" and got a much simpler game than I had gotten for my first game.

It appears that, if you don't make a difficulty selection, you get a "Medium" level puzzle, not the "Easy" level.
Posted: 06:37PM Feb 26, 2018

I solved a puzzle and at the end everything was green, but eight squares (the last eight I had figured out) changed to question marks (they had a green background). There was no indication of a wrong answer, and no explanation for what the question marks meant. The game just ended.

Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
Posted: 09:14PM Feb 26, 2018

Now that the game is up and running for anyone to play, will it have an award associated with it? Also needs to be added to either list of the certain games that count toward the medal awards.

Adventures happen because you say yes!
Posted: 01:00PM Mar 1, 2018

Tilley: The size of the puzzle is not a predictor of its difficulty. There can be hard puzzles that are smaller in dimension that easy puzzles.

whoviandeb: I'll fix this bug

bfftwer: Yes. It should eventually have a reward and count for medals.

Have you visited Braingle lately?
Access Restricted

You'll need to create an account and sign in before you can post messages.

Online Now
16 users and 854 guests

Enter the Live Chat Room
Get Your Free Braingle Account
  • Submit your own brain teasers
  • Vote on puzzles and track your favorites
  • Chat with other smart people
Copyright © 1999-2018 | FAQ | Links | Green | Subscribe | Contact | Privacy | Conditions | Advertise | Braingle Time: 11:51 am
Sign In Create a Free Account