You exercise your body to stay physically in shape, so why shouldn't you exercise your brain to stay mentally fit? With these daily exercises you will learn how to flex your mind, improve your creativity and boost your memory. As with any exercise, repetition is necessary for you to see improvement, so pick your favorite exercises from our daily suggestions and repeat them as desired. Try to do some mentalrobics every single day!
Good sleep is extremely important if you want to have a strong memory, because it is during sleep that memory consolidation occurs. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your sleep.
1. Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day (including the weekends). Having a consistent schedule will keep your internal clock in sync and will make it easier to fall asleep at the proper time each night.
2. Refrain from doing any physical exercise shortly before bed time. All that energy can make it difficult to fall asleep on time.
3. If you are sleeping in a noisy place, try to mask the bad noises by using mellow music, a white-noise machine, or even a fan with a constant hum.
4. Avoid caffeine and alcohol prior to bedtime. Caffeine is a stimulant and can keep you awake. Alcohol can interfere with your brain chemistry and prevent you from entering the most restful stage of sleep called REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep.
5. Avoid taking naps during the day, or at least limit them to 30 minutes or less. Napping can make it difficult for you to fall asleep at the proper time because you wont be tired yet.
Short Term Memory Test
Interactively test your short term memory.
Mentalrobics Public Forums
Chat about these articles and other mind related topics.
Sudoku Logic Puzzle
This puzzle requires logic and a good memory.